Us and Hibs.....

No Idle Talk

Doc Rob
9 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

It's mental. A lot of professionally paid people think Hibs play better football than Hearts. These people just are not watching what is going on. But it's an accepted wisdom that Hibs play better football than Hearts. Crazy.

The really daft thing is that this has persisted for decades. Some of the pundits have bought into the ‘playing football as it was meant to be played’ myth. No matter who plays in or manages their team. They have mostly been long-ball cloggers over the last 30 years, and yet it goes on.

leipzig76
1 hour ago, No Idle Talk said:

That thing certainly does exist. Probably because they look at us and see us as "wee Huns" so they adopt a soft spot for our rivals. Similarly, I have met a few Rangers fans in boozers and when they ask what team I support, and I say Hearts, they give you "aw Hearts are awrite. Ah dinnae mind Hearts". I find it a bit patronising. It's kinda like their way of saying "you're like us", which I completely reject. 

That first bit - I f""""""" hate being called a wee hun. I find it beyond patronising. The Rangers fans I've met are surprised when I tell them I F""""""" hate everything about them.I was told once aw but we're brothers !