Dundee United

RustyRightPeg

RustyRightPeg

Rumors going round that incoming Liverpool Sporting Director, Michael Edwards has identified Dundee United as a strategic partnership club...

i8hibsh

Hope they don't end up getting top class loanees like Randall, N'Goo and Woodburn.

spacerjoe
4 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Hope they don't end up getting top class loanees like Randall, N'Goo and Woodburn.

😂

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

God forbid. 🤓

vegas-voss

So basically when identifying these clubs its - they ain't got two bob to rub together 🤣

i8hibsh

Liverpool now trying to find new ways to leverage cash and bypass FIFA FPR.

Rick Sanchez

It'll be your Calvin Ramsay's coming up the road, not your Fabio Carvalho's. How many teams under the thumb will that make it?

Bournemouth B, Burnley B and possibly Liverpool B?

It'll be them all soon enough. Actually quite depressing, and not because they'll be at any kind of an advantage.

wentworth jambo
7 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

So basically when identifying these clubs its - they ain't got two bob to rub together 🤣

There definitely appears to be a pattern - seem to be the biggest wee teams they're aiming at.

We can joke and be smug about this (some might say not unreasonably), but it's a  frightening trend. (I'm going to leave Hibs out of this to take some of the emotion away). Dundee and Dundee united are two of the bigger clubs in Scotland, a lot of history and importance to the community. You could say the same for many of the other likely targets of these elite clubs - St Mirren, Falkirk, Motherwell. 

The outcome is that they become feeder clubs, effectively controlled by an overarching company, whose goal is not success on the pitch for any of their clubs/ businesses. But a return on investment. Dundee united would, to whatever extent, cease being about winning games and trophies, and be about driving profit through development of the umbrella company's younger player contracts. 

It's a horrible thought. And one Scottish football is clearly asleep at the wheel over. Hearts will be fine, but we'll not be playing against 'real' clubs many weeks. Will the fans of these clubs accept that, or will it be another nail in the coffin of the game 

Jamboross
2 minutes ago, jamboj said:

We can joke and be smug about this (some might say not unreasonably), but it's a  frightening trend. (I'm going to leave Hibs out of this to take some of the emotion away). Dundee and Dundee united are two of the bigger clubs in Scotland, a lot of history and importance to the community. You could say the same for many of the other likely targets of these elite clubs - St Mirren, Falkirk, Motherwell. 

The outcome is that they become feeder clubs, effectively controlled by an overarching company, whose goal is not success on the pitch for any of their clubs/ businesses. But a return on investment. Dundee united would, to whatever extent, cease being about winning games and trophies, and be about driving profit through development of the umbrella company's younger player contracts. 

It's a horrible thought. And one Scottish football is clearly asleep at the wheel over. Hearts will be fine, but we'll not be playing against 'real' clubs many weeks. Will the fans of these clubs accept that, or will it be another nail in the coffin of the game 

For clubs in the situation of Hibs who have actually become part of a 'group' I agree but neither the Dundee/Burnley deal and I assume the Utd/Liverpool one involve that kind of relationship. 

It's purely about the bigger team sending players on loan. It hasn't stopped Dundee taking players on loan from other clubs (they currently have players from Norwich, Forest Green, Motherwell, Liverpool, Palace...). It might mean the big club gets first dibs on a promising youngster but they'd still need to cough up and acceptable fee. 

While I wouldn't want Hearts being linked in the same way with an Arsenal or Spurs etc I can see the attraction for these middle tier clubs. They get to bring in a slightly higher level of player and still retain a lot of independence. It's clearly working for Dundee as they're having their best season in god knows how long. 

Gundermann
15 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Scottish clubs being used to launder money?  Which is exectly what it is.

But... our football authorities would never stand for that!

Herbert.
37 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Randall wasn't that bad imo. The other 2 were pish.

6 minutes ago, Jamboross said:

For clubs in the situation of Hibs who have actually become part of a 'group' I agree but neither the Dundee/Burnley deal and I assume the Utd/Liverpool one involve that kind of relationship. 

It's purely about the bigger team sending players on loan. It hasn't stopped Dundee taking players on loan from other clubs (they currently have players from Norwich, Forest Green, Motherwell, Liverpool, Palace...). It might mean the big club gets first dibs on a promising youngster but they'd still need to cough up and acceptable fee. 

While I wouldn't want Hearts being linked in the same way with an Arsenal or Spurs etc I can see the attraction for these middle tier clubs. They get to bring in a slightly higher level of player and still retain a lot of independence. It's clearly working for Dundee as they're having their best season in god knows how long. 

I would accept that if it didn't involve investment. But as soon as money goes in and equity goes to these groups, it's only going one way. The cost to buy Dundee FC in full would be about a quarter of the cost of a single squad player for these elite teams. 

Thought N'goo was not bad. We've had worse loans 

Scape goated for the league cup final loss

Edited by Hansel

vegas-voss
50 minutes ago, wentworth jambo said:

There definitely appears to be a pattern - seem to be the biggest wee teams they're aiming at.

Skint 

vegas-voss

What is quite funny though is bigger clubs than Bournemouth taking an interest in other Scottish sides. Oh Hibs far too quick to jump in 🤣

Spellczech
40 minutes ago, Jamboross said:

Only problem is that you essentially have to do a rebuild every summer

kingantti1874

As predicted, being used to get around FFP to a degree and take average of lax work permit rules. 

Scottish football is truly ****ed 

Armageddon
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

As predicted, being used to get around FFP to a degree and take average of lax work permit rules. 

Scottish football is truly ****ed 

And our authorities just stand back and let it happen, which tells me something has to be in the pipeline for the ugly sisters, because the second things don't go their way the noose will be tightened on these sham agreements.  Sham agreements being sold as investments, but actually just a shell for bypassing FFP rules within th UK.

If City made an agreement with Hearts I bet the narritive would change pretty quickly. 

1 hour ago, jamboj said:

It is up to them if that is what they want . I would not support us if we did the same 

kingantti1874
32 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It is up to them if that is what they want . I would not support us if we did the same 

With you mate.  generally speaking I don’t really enjoy football that much anymore and don’t watch much outside of hearts. Games are so robotic with individualism coached out of the game, I don’t like how commercial it has become, how teams can’t sign 50/60/70 players and how it is now a near impossibility to win.

I don’t like Scottish football in particular, it’s bent, dishonest clubs and dishonest governing body and dishonest refereeing. If hearts succumbed to some pyramid football scheme I’d be done with football all together think unless we somehow managed to retain our status. 

Edited by kingantti1874

kingantti1874
36 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

And our authorities just stand back and let it happen, which tells me something has to be in the pipeline for the ugly sisters, because the second things don't go their way the noose will be tightened on these sham agreements.  Sham agreements being sold as investments, but actually just a shell for bypassing FFP rules within th UK.

If City made an agreement with Hearts I bet the narritive would change pretty quickly. 

without doubt.

Lambert Simnel
39 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

If we became a feeder club for Man City (or indeed anyone else) then I'm out.  It wouldn't still be HMFC as far as I'm concerned.

RustyRightPeg
39 minutes ago, Lambert Simnel said:

If we became a feeder club for Man City (or indeed anyone else) then I'm out.  It wouldn't still be HMFC as far as I'm concerned.

Would you class any of the current teams in the City Football network as feeder clubs? Other than Savio this coming summer who is moving from Girona, name the last time they promoted anyone to the City first team from one of them.

They operate independently.

gorgierulesapply88

Some real quality youth players such as Quansah & Bradley...

Could work out for them.

jr ewing
57 minutes ago, Lambert Simnel said:

Not if we can pick them. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Lambert Simnel said:

If we became a feeder club for Man City it would mean we would have some of the best players in the world at the club.

If that played out, your space at Tynecastle would be quickly filled as we win trophies right, left and centre!

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Cameronstheman
2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

If we became a feeder club for Man City it would mean we would have some of the best players in the world at the club.

If that played out, your space at Tynecastle would be quickly filled as we win trophies right, left and centre!

If yer Auntie had baws 

Jim_Duncan

I wouldn't worry too much. These teams are never going to plough serious money in. It's just like having a B team. Or in Hibs' case, they are a C team. Which is quite appropriate.

Bazzas right boot

The authorities have led us here, this is likley a good option for some clubs who really have no hope of better.

The 2 team league and shitty commercial deals have led us down this path.

Most  Scottish teams have the aim to survive,  that is the height of their ambition. 

They'll do anything to preserve that from voting against league construction to save bus fares, get 2 or 3 stands filled with the OF, vote for small divisions so it's only 1 up and 1 down, vote for an 11-1  system just to appease the OF right through to letting the league effectively becoming a OF show for sky.

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Cameronstheman said:

If yer Auntie had baws 

Read the post I replied to before posting nonsense. 

GinRummy
35 minutes ago, Cameronstheman said:

If yer Auntie had baws 

Perfectly feasible these days. 

LarrysRightFoot
40 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

City could be in the Conference soon. 

FWIW I think the whole multiple club thing should be banned, it’s a gateway for owners to layer and offset their primary clubs finances (was Mancini not paid more as a ‘consultant’ for the City group than he was as Man City manager?).

Hmfc1965
3 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

FWIW I think the whole multiple club thing should be banned, it’s a gateway for owners to layer and offset their primary clubs finances (was Mancini not paid more as a ‘consultant’ for the City group than he was as Man City manager?).

Yeah that's part of the 115 charges.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Good shout.

I actually think a tie upbwith a rop club is a god idea, if for the right reasons. 

If we done it, it would  be on our terms as we don't need to do it, we aren't desperate.

Getting the likes of Arsenal's 19-21 year old on loan would be great, would need to be the ones verging on the 1st team tho, not the shitey ones.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Lambert Simnel said:

Doubt if FoH would vote that through. 

1971fozzy

Dundee Utd are in ridiculous financial trouble so are fodder for these people. Same with Dundee who will no doubt be next. Their wage to income ratio is I’m sure over 90%.
unsustainable and without investment they’ll be back in admin.

I hope Motherwell knock it back. I also imagine the sheep will be next on the radar. 
thank god we have FOH and are run well by Ann Budge etc 

1971fozzy
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Doubt if FoH would vote that through. 

I for one will knock any bid like these back

Pasquale for King

Nothing stopping us taking these teams players on loan too, they can’t all go to the feeder teams.

We got Cochrane when Hibs announced a deal with Brighton and then didn’t get anyone in 😆

Liverpool, or other clubs of their size, only loan players that they think are at the level of the particular league and team. 
Rangers got Ryan Kent, Celtic got Nat Phillips, we got Randall, Dundee got Beck. 
None of them are sending up great players, Ellis Simms was a big success whereas Paul McCallum wasn’t 😆

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

I for one will knock any bid like these back

Me too 

I wonder if they will get ‘world class’ loanees who will, obviously, give them the momentum they need to fly up the table.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I wonder if they will get ‘world class’ loanees who will, obviously, give them the momentum they need to fly up the table.

Hopefully 🤪

Jim_Duncan

Actually, having thought about this, maybe we should be buying up other clubs. Would love to see us take over Edinburgh’s rugby, ice hockey, basketball etc teams and start a Heart of… pyramid across sports and nations. 

pettigrewsstylist
4 hours ago, jamboj said:

Nobody is asleep mate, they are complicit. Still if their own fans wont kick off then what chance.

Pasquale for King

Were these clubs not slagging us when we were part of a group 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️😆?!?!

ShedBoy
37 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Dundee Utd are in ridiculous financial trouble so are fodder for these people. Same with Dundee who will no doubt be next. Their wage to income ratio is I’m sure over 90%.
unsustainable and without investment they’ll be back in admin.

I hope Motherwell knock it back. I also imagine the sheep will be next on the radar. 
thank god we have FOH and are run well by Ann Budge etc 

Did they not tweet asking for some rich yank to help them? Effectively begging for some dollar? Whores

hereford_hearts
4 hours ago, Jamboross said:

I'm quite happy with Arsenal or Spurs becoming Heart of Midlothian B team😉

1971fozzy
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Were these clubs not slagging us when we were part of a group 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️😆?!?!

Indeed.  But , hibs for example just end up copying our previous model.  There’s no way their investment is going to go well

tcjambo
4 hours ago, Hansel said:

Thought N'goo was not bad. We've had worse loans 

Scape goated for the league cup final loss

He got us there IIRC