What a day for Rangers

Prehen

Lose 3-2 to RC, lose 8-0 to Hearts is the Scottish Academy Scotland u16 semi final, having lost 5-0 to Hearts in the u14 semi final. Just thought fans should know.

I wouldn’t like to be the Rangers Academy Director tomorrow when he realises he is giving most of the u16 Team professional contracts in less than 3 months.

As weekends go , Hearts first team, B Team and women’s team won. Hibs bottom six.

If Carlsberg did football weekends….

Let’s hope next Sunday shows no reversal in fortunes.

Footballfirst

Their U13s also lost 8-2 to Aberdeen in their CAS Cup semi final yesterday.

Gorgierools

Aye but there's no pope in Rome so everything is ok,as the diddy goes

Australis
46 minutes ago, Prehen said:

Lose 3-2 to RC, lose 8-0 to Hearts is the Scottish Academy Scotland u16 semi final, having lost 5-0 to Hearts in the u14 semi final. Just thought fans should know.

I wouldn’t like to be the Rangers Academy Director tomorrow when he realises he is giving most of the u16 Team professional contracts in less than 3 months.

As weekends go , Hearts first team, B Team and women’s team won. Hibs bottom six.

Great to see the young Hearts players doing well.

Think one of the younger Scotland women's teams was full of Hearts ladies too recently.

Have we started to sort the scouting out.

10 minutes ago, Australis said:

Think one of the younger Scotland women's teams was full of Hearts ladies too recently.

Those who watch Academy football would likely say it has been a steady progression, building blocks by Roger Arnott and built upon year after year. Hearts Academy at all levels, boys and girls, doing great. Current female manager really bringing through the very best young Hearts talent. Hopefully Naisy can follow suit as fans been short changed for a while.

Hmfc1965
1 hour ago, Gorgierools said:

Eh?

If carlsberg did rivals...
1 hour ago, Gorgierools said:

Is he away on his holidays?

rudi must stay

I can't believe he said they'd play on Mars, what a weird comment 

gordon simpson
2 hours ago, Prehen said:

this

Doctor FinnBarr
21 minutes ago, If carlsberg did rivals... said:

Is he away on his holidays?

Doing a mural tour in Belfast tomorrow.

PortyBeach
30 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

I can't believe he said they'd play on Mars, what a weird comment 

He’s obviously just not up to speed with the Ibrox “culture”.

Otherwise, he’d surely have said “Dublin” instead of “Mars”…

Watt-Zeefuik

Just saw the highlights and Clemente going straight down the tunnel, not congratulating the winning manager.

What a pair of supremely arsey managers the OF have at the moment.

6 hours ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Just saw the highlights and Clemente going straight down the tunnel, not congratulating the winning manager.

Yes and realised how it looked so made sure he was there at the end of Don Cowies interview just to make sure the cameras could capture him congratulating him and what a great guy he is- not.

Jocam2325
7 hours ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Not got any time for Rogers but I actually think Clement comes across very well and is likeable. Well as likeable as an OF manager can ever be. He should have shaken hands yesterday though 

Spellczech
18 hours ago, Prehen said:

Might not be so good...Rangers will do what they always do. Bin their own youngsters and come for ours...

Pasquale for King
17 hours ago, Australis said:

Half right, Hearts women, they don’t call themselves ladies. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, JAYEL said:

I hope they don’t get Champs League cash , I want them forever skint

They didn’t exactly spend it well last summer 😆

I P Knightley
11 hours ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

I hate to give any credit to anyone or anything to do with Ibrox but I think he saw the error of his ways and shook hands when he and Cowie were swapping places for the interview. 

@bigdav's conveyed a good amount of cynicism, which I could echo, especially as that wee pixie who presents Sportscene made sure that we all knew there was a congratulatory handshake. 

Maybe he was just bursting for a jobbie at the full time whistle. After all, the ref had been adding on minute after minute to allow The Rangers a chance to equalise. 

7 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Might not be so good...Rangers will do what they always do. Bin their own youngsters and come for ours...

Its a really good question but one I hope Hearts can avoid. 

Hearts have Alfie Hutchison in the 2009 year group, and this boy is generating a different level of interest way above any young player gone before. Hutchison off to London soon with his agent to sign a boot deal!!!!! I am not sure there is another academy player in Scotland who has been offered a similar endorsement. How good this boy becomes is anyone’s guess, but any chance we have of keeping him will be to show a genuine pathway to first team minutes.

Should Hearts do more in creating a pathway for a special young player? Naisy at least talks about young players as First Team Manager. I sometimes feel there is more talk than action, although I totally get 3pts on a Saturday is priority, and Naismith been exceptional in this regard. There have been notable successes with some of the “older” young players. Denholm's got decent minutes, Tait now breaking through, albeit having warmed the bench for too much of the season.

Hearts surely do not want us to lose their very best youth. The Academy is brilliant and continues to produce. There are a few special players coming up in the years behind Hutchison, and could be argued the Hearts woman doing better than the blokes when it comes to bringing players through (Husbands are 16 and playing first team). Hearts cannot compete with the OF or EPL financial clout, but I still feel Hearts can do even better to provide a genuine pathway to first team at a younger age, while not sacrificing 3pts on a Saturday. Hearts can forget making real money if our best young players not given a chance. The £5m pot for group stage European Competition gets discussed all the time. I wonder what the value is for an exceptional young striker with loads of first team minutes before their 18-19th birthday?

There is a thought that Naisy will give more youth a chance once third is secured. This would be great and a very powerful message to send out. I hope all the 2008s that played yesterday can be convinced to stay, and Hutchison at Xmas time. While he can't play senior football until his birthday in Dec, the opportunities given to him by way of first team training and in summer friendlies will surely be important.

Things are looking very healthy for both boys and girls Academy. I for one will cheer if more younger players are given first team minutes. Why would our best leave if they saw genuine pathway. Win the semi on Sunday, secure third the following week and give minutes to Pollock, Wilson and maybe one of two others. Do this and you won't have to prevent anyone leaving, you will have to hire a PA to deal with all the calls from parents and agents trying to get people into Hearts. Exciting times.

buzzbomb1958
5 hours ago, Skye1874 said:

“The Rangers”. Please 

The Rangers International Co Please

buzzbomb1958
5 hours ago, bigdav said:

Yes and realised how it looked so made sure he was there at the end of Don Cowies interview just to make sure the cameras could capture him congratulating him and what a great guy he is- not.

He is definately not , the guy is a win by hook or by crook manager , he got away with it in Belgium but when he went to Monaco the President did not like the way his players were taught to dive and block in the box as it was cheating and not the Monaco way of playing , he also had a tendancy of bringing players back not fully fit from injury and making the injuries worse he of course was sacked and they were glad to see the back of him. Seems like an all round nasty piece of work and fits perfectly with the tax cheats

BangkokHearts
17 hours ago, Doctor FinnBarr said:

Doing a mural tour in Belfast tomorrow.

🤣

BangkokHearts
1 hour ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

He is definately not , the guy is a win by hook or by crook manager , he got away with it in Belgium but when he went to Monaco the President did not like the way his players were taught to dive and block in the box as it was cheating and not the Monaco way of playing , he also had a tendancy of bringing players back not fully fit from injury and making the injuries worse he of course was sacked and they were glad to see the back of him. Seems like an all round nasty piece of work and fits perfectly with the tax cheats

Ironically, even looks like Skeletor too. 

PortyBeach
1 hour ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

He has certainly instilled a sense of focus and discipline into the squad. I get the impression he’s a bit of an intimidating character.

It’ll be interesting to see how the orcs react to Clement if they drop more points before meeting Celtic again.

Spellczech
1 hour ago, FIGJAM said:

Hearts have Alfie Hutchison in the 2009 year group, and this boy is generating a different level of interest way above any young player gone before. Hutchison off to London soon with his agent to sign a boot deal!!!!! I am not sure there is another academy player in Scotland who has been offered a similar endorsement. How good this boy becomes is anyone’s guess, but any chance we have of keeping him will be to show a genuine pathway to first team minutes.

Should Hearts do more in creating a pathway for a special young player? Naisy at least talks about young players as First Team Manager. I sometimes feel there is more talk than action, although I totally get 3pts on a Saturday is priority, and Naismith been exceptional in this regard. There have been notable successes with some of the “older” young players. Denholm's got decent minutes, Tait now breaking through, albeit having warmed the bench for too much of the season.

Hearts surely do not want us to lose their very best youth. The Academy is brilliant and continues to produce. There are a few special players coming up in the years behind Hutchison, and could be argued the Hearts woman doing better than the blokes when it comes to bringing players through (Husbands are 16 and playing first team). Hearts cannot compete with the OF or EPL financial clout, but I still feel Hearts can do even better to provide a genuine pathway to first team at a younger age, while not sacrificing 3pts on a Saturday. Hearts can forget making real money if our best young players not given a chance. The £5m pot for group stage European Competition gets discussed all the time. I wonder what the value is for an exceptional young striker with loads of first team minutes before their 18-19th birthday?

There is a thought that Naisy will give more youth a chance once third is secured. This would be great and a very powerful message to send out. I hope all the 2008s that played yesterday can be convinced to stay, and Hutchison at Xmas time. While he can't play senior football until his birthday in Dec, the opportunities given to him by way of first team training and in summer friendlies will surely be important.

Things are looking very healthy for both boys and girls Academy. I for one will cheer if more younger players are given first team minutes. Why would our best leave if they saw genuine pathway. Win the semi on Sunday, secure third the following week and give minutes to Pollock, Wilson and maybe one of two others. Do this and you won't have to prevent anyone leaving, you will have to hire a PA to deal with all the calls from parents and agents trying to get people into Hearts. Exciting times.

Path to the first team has to be managed as it will be different at Hearts from a lower league team. Players don't get loaned to bigger clubs or better teams than the one they are at (only exception was us loaning Billy King to Rangers but they likely had their own reasons for wanting him!)

Loaning out to a lower league team may suit the physically mature teenager, but may break a smaller lad. Similarly the manager has to manage expectation that you may have a period of involvement but then find yourself back where you came from through no fault of your own...Egos, mentality, professionalism etc and teenagers fooling themselves that they've made it after breaking into the first team too young is a problem.

I always look at a player as having a combination of 3 things: Pace; Power; and Technique. We seldom get a player with all 3 now, but the art of building a team is balance, covering for one player's lack of one by having enough others in the team who have that missing attribute...ie if we'd paired Harry Cochrane who had no pace with another CM who also lacked pace, we'd  have been stuffed...

I can only hope that we didn't have any decent RWBs in youth when we decided to take Dexter in January, as he has pretty much the same strengths and weaknesses as Atkinson. I hope we move away from that sort of sticking plaster short-termism soon...

Personally I think there is no need to wait until 3rd is mathematically assured, as it is virtually impossible for Killie to get enough points to hit our current total, let alone actually overtake us. The current focus is the cup semi first though...

After all, the manager's own job is determined by first team results and little else...

buzzbomb1958
14 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

He has certainly instilled a sense of focus and discipline into the squad. I get the impression he’s a bit of an intimidating character.

It’ll be interesting to see how the orcs react to Clement if they drop more points before meeting Celtic again.

They are already blaming him for picking the wrong team saying he’s been getting away wit it since he came and some of them saying he has no better a record than Beale, they really are the self entitled twats

PortyBeach
3 hours ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

They are already blaming him for picking the wrong team saying he’s been getting away wit it since he came and some of them saying he has no better a record than Beale, they really are the self entitled twats

Well, they are “The People”, after all. 🙄
I just hope our lads are prepared to fight next Sunday. There won’t be room for a wimpish response this time.

We’ll also have to play the match officials, of course, because this is now a huge game for TRFC and there will be pressure on those officials. TavPen, anyone?

Fozzyonthefence

A thread about Rangers yet there are some notable absentees.🤔

OmiyaHearts
2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Any names spring to mind, Sir?

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Any names spring to mind, Sir?

Not allowed to name posters on a thread they haven’t been active on but I’m sure you don’t need me to.  I’m sure they’ll reappear when they’re back to winning ways. 😉

OmiyaHearts
Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

Not allowed to name posters on a thread they haven’t been active on but I’m sure you don’t need me to.  I’m sure they’ll reappear when they’re back to winning ways. 😉

Haha I know the ones you mean.

Chuck Berry
6 hours ago, FIGJAM said:

I have heard Alfie Hutchison's name mentioned but don't know much about him.  What position does he play?  He's not allowed to play for the B team until he turns 16 but if he is that good, I would expect him to feature when he does.

buzzbomb1958
12 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Ha ha yes the usual suspects will be behind the sofa , hope they are away back to bearsden to hound Skelator out of Govan

2 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

I have heard Alfie Hutchison's name mentioned but don't know much about him.  What position does he play?  He's not allowed to play for the B team until he turns 16 but if he is that good, I would expect him to feature when he does.

Striker. Alfie much more physical than most 2009s so been playing u16s / u18s. No B Team until Xmas but suspect might see him in a few friendlies in the summer. Wilson getting a few minutes between now and end of season would help to put forward a compelling case. Im told he has signed with CAA Base, which is disappointing, as no agency is keener on taking footballers down South.

Chuck Berry

Thanks.   Wilson should be more involved after Friday when the B season closes, hopefully meaning some first team minutes post split.

Footballfirst
32 minutes ago, FIGJAM said:

Striker. Alfie much more physical than most 2009s so been playing u16s / u18s. No B Team until Xmas but suspect might see him in a few friendlies in the summer. Wilson getting a few minutes between now and end of season would help to put forward a compelling case. Im told he has signed with CAA Base, which is disappointing, as no agency is keener on taking footballers down South.

Alfie won't be 16 until January 2025, so can't play in the LL until then.  He tends to play more of a wide role rather than as a central striker. Compared to his peers, he is big, quick and two footed.

He needs to be given a chance with the B Team, if not the first team, at the earliest opportunity to demonstrate the pathway available to him.

I hope that we can hang onto him, but I suspect that may prove difficult such is the interest and other lifestyle pulls.

It was interesting that he was directly up against left back Oliver Goodbrand, a fellow 2009, who is highly rated both by Rangers and Scotland. Alfie gave him a bit of a roasting leaving him a frustrated figure long before the end of the game.  Goodbrand also conceded one of the penalties as Alfie went past him for the umpteenth time.

Spellczech

Cannot help thinking Clement and Rangers got distracted by all that Dundee cancellation hoo-ha...But then, conceding 3 goals in the run-in to the second bottom team is about as far off title winning credentials as you can get...

Wee Mikey
On 15/04/2024 at 21:18, Spellczech said:

Cannot help thinking Clement and Rangers got distracted by all that Dundee cancellation hoo-ha...But then, conceding 3 goals in the run-in to the second bottom team is about as far off title winning credentials as you can get...

... or is it? Lol.

PortyBeach
On 15/04/2024 at 19:22, buzzbomb1958 said:

Ha ha yes the usual suspects will be behind the sofa , hope they are away back to bearsden to hound Skelator out of Govan

IMG_0268.jpeg

The_razors_edge

Yesterday our under 11’s won 2 and lost 2 against them. All very competitive games. 

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, The_razors_edge said:

Yesterday our under 11’s won 2 and lost 2 against them. All very competitive games. 

Including a goal of the season contender from Hugo with his dribble past several defenders.

The_razors_edge
5 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Including a goal of the season contender from Hugo with his dribble past several defenders.

Yeah it was a beauty 🙌🏻