Michael Stewart

Scott Leitch

Lord Beni of Gorgie
21 hours ago, michael_bolton said:

Stewart should have taken a deep breath and walked away, but his overall point was sound.

McIntyre exists to try and stir up argument and controversy. Stewart called him out for it in this interaction.

Stewart wasn't doing any cheerleading for Hibs, and he repeatedly told McIntyre he wasn't some huge Montgomery fan, despite McIntyre trying to paint him as one. He just made the point that he doesn't think Hibs should keep changing coaches, as they have other things to address.

Pretty reasonable.

Kenny McIntyre is a dreadful host and has ruined that show.

Bang on the money. 

The Aberdeen manager debate a few weeks earlier was a car crash, Stewart put in some pretty derisory suggestions, McIntryes response was to contradict himself and still say Stewart was wrong even when he agreed with him. 

McIntrye needs emptied, though Stewart doesn't help himself much. Kevin Thomson was the other pundit on duty who seemed to think Aberdeen could prise a manager at the top end of the Championship. Mcintrye backs Thomson.

Stewart asks McIntyre who would you go to Aberdeen or a Norwich, WBA etc, Mcintrye says England of course, and continues to back Thomson and tells Stewart he is wrong. Ridiculous.

Benny Klack

That show has become a farce. Macintyre is an awful host - hard to believe someone makes you wish Richard Gordon was back.

Stewart is a hot headed clown who likes to think he’s intelligent but gets too emotionality involved in any debate to retain any credibility - as others have pointed out, just like his on field performances 

Watt-Zeefuik
On 14/04/2024 at 08:28, This is My Story Podcast said:

Riddle me this. 

Why are Hibs always discussed in the conversation for 3rd and the top 6? Genuinely. No bitter jambo bias. 

Since 2000, Hibs have finished 3rd, 3 times. 

Since 2000, Hibs have finished in the top 6, 11 times. 

Since 2000, Hibs have been relegated once and spent 3 seasons in the championship. 

Motherwell and Killie have finished 3rd more and in the top 6 more. I’d be willing to bet Dundee United may even have a better record than Hibs. Yet season after season they are barely tipped or fancied for 3rd. Yet season after season we hear about how Hibs will be up there. Hibs average league position in the top flight, since 2000 is 7th. 

When does them finishing exactly where they are meant to finish just become their place in the Scottish game? You could argue last seasons 5th was a season to celebrate. The last time they finished 3rd, we weren’t in the league. And when we returned to the league, we were so far in front of them that they sacked their manager by November. 

Mikey Stewart, Si Ferry and the rest of the Scottish media darlings that fawn over Hibs. What do they see and how do they justify it in their stance? What’s it based on? 

Everyone and their dug could see that they fell into the Cathro/Levein trap in January of bringing in a load of loans. It papered over the cracks in their eyes and fed into this myth that things were and are going to get better. None of their loan players bar one look anything other than mediocre. Their manager has been out his depth since they appointed him but their fans love him, for delivering 9 wins all season 🙈🙃

They are a right laugh. 

It's a good point, and I have to wonder at all the calls for Monty's head. I know they goosed expectations with all their fabulous Black Knight signings in January but at the same time he's still mostly playing with Lee Bonaparte's players.

I mean I'm all for Hibs comedy but I don't think sacking Monty is going to do them any favors at the moment.

On 15/04/2024 at 13:16, michael_bolton said:

Stewart should have taken a deep breath and walked away, but his overall point was sound.

McIntyre exists to try and stir up argument and controversy. Stewart called him out for it in this interaction.

Stewart wasn't doing any cheerleading for Hibs, and he repeatedly told McIntyre he wasn't some huge Montgomery fan, despite McIntyre trying to paint him as one. He just made the point that he doesn't think Hibs should keep changing coaches, as they have other things to address.

Pretty reasonable.

Kenny McIntyre is a dreadful host and has ruined that show.

:spoton:

On 14/04/2024 at 11:51, Scott Leitch said:

Anyone catch his meltdown on Radio Scotland last night after the game. He wasn't amused by questions about how shit Hibs are 😂 

He's turned into a Hibs cheerleader. Absolute dick. 

Don't see him as Hibs cheerleader. He obviously has some inside information about what's going on at the wee team. This resulted in his comment that he thinks that changing the manager isn't the solution, as the problems at the club run much deeper. This is exactly the same comment he made when Lee Johnston's head was on the chopping block. The view he expressed doesn't however mean that he cares whether they implode or not, as a pundit, he is simply imparting some information that shows he is in the know.  He must be desperate to expand but he is unable to as he needs to protect his source. This frustration resulted in him getting angry with McIntyre who suggested he was a Monty fan.

No Idle Talk
11 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Michael has been having somewhat of a meltdown the past month, but appears to be the subject of bullying by Kenny McIntyre. If its not being stage managed, Stewart has a legitimate complaint as McIntrye seems to be circling on him begging others to join in.

Bad form all round.

Kenny McIntyre is a Hun loving wank. The day he took over as host was the day I packed in listening to Sportsound. 

Thunder and Lightning
5 minutes ago, Tiro said:

Don't see him as Hibs cheerleader. He obviously has some inside information about what's going on at the wee team. This resulted in his comment that he thinks that changing the manager isn't the solution, as the problems at the club run much deeper. This is exactly the same comment he made when Lee Johnston's head was on the chopping block. The view he expressed doesn't however mean that he cares whether they implode or not, as a pundit, he is simply imparting some information that shows he is in the know.  He must be desperate to expand but he is unable to as he needs to protect his source. This frustration resulted in him getting angry with McIntyre who suggested he was a Monty fan.

Aye OK Michael. 

Cameronstheman

Stewart loves Hibs and when pulled up for his backing of them when they are dug shite, he seriously toils to justify it

He's a pundit, you live and die by your take/comments , he aint that special to get any sympathy when the gloves come off

Hearts_fan
On 14/04/2024 at 12:57, hearts00 said:

I don’t dislike him as a pundit but he can be a real idiot at times, yesterday was one of those times. Needlessly aggressive. 

Sums up my feeling on it. His verbal aggression is out of order. 

Cameronstheman
Just now, Morgan said:

It’s the ginger hair that confirms it.

Yep ''its unacceptable''

1 minute ago, Cameronstheman said:

Yep ''its unacceptable''

😆👍

On 14/04/2024 at 11:51, Scott Leitch said:

Anyone catch his meltdown on Radio Scotland last night after the game. He wasn't amused by questions about how shit Hibs are 😂 

He's turned into a Hibs cheerleader. Absolute dick. 

Can anyone provide a link to the show

This is My Story Podcast

Am sportsound this Saturday, so I’ll try dig up Stewart and the panel about Hibs and the myth around them being anything other than

a bottom 6 club. 

14 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Used to like him and his comments but he went too far there. He was right though and others have since come out and said the same things. Instead of explaining what he meant he took the comments as a personal insult. Hibs did look better for a couple of games after the loans came in but quickly fell apart as usual. they have concentrated on attack leaving themselves open at the back, they have in fact scored more goals than us but let in loads more than they scored.

No they haven't. Only Celtic and Rangers have scored more than us.

8 hours ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

Am sportsound this Saturday, so I’ll try dig up Stewart and the panel about Hibs and the myth around them being anything other than

a bottom 6 club. 

Ask them where the myth about 'flair football's comes from

Over the years the Hibs way seemed to be to have some 'quarterback' style player in midfield who would pump it up the channel behind the fullback for some speedy,but limited, player to chase after like a rabid, ugly roadrunner, see Boyle, Sproule, etc 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

Kenny McIntyre is a Hun loving wank. The day he took over as host was the day I packed in listening to Sportsound. 

Before his promotion, he was reporting, Celtic had beaten St Johnstone 2-0 in a mundane midweek match, low block etc. Kenny says to Ange, 3 points but not really a great performance, without thinking Ange replies, something wrong mate, not the result you were looking for :lol:.

Whatever I have thought about Ange, that was gold, McIntyre was reeling.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 hours ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

a bottom 6 club. 

Out of interest, are they inviting people on, podcasters, blogs, vlogs etc?

Ex member of the SaS
8 hours ago, cazzyy said:

No they haven't. Only Celtic and Rangers have scored more than us.

Never checked personally but this was reported at the time on the radio. Happy to be proved wrong.

Ps this was maybe before the last round of games as they are only 2 behind us now.

Edited by Ex member of the SaS

colinmorewasgash

He really hates folk putting down the vermin peddling the flair myth and their great fanbase total fud.

_41256081_michaelstewart203b.jpg

This is My Story Podcast
3 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Out of interest, are they inviting people on, podcasters, blogs, vlogs etc?

They have a fan opinion thing on after the games finish on Saturdays. Been on a couple of times. 

McNelly15
10 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Never checked personally but this was reported at the time on the radio. Happy to be proved wrong.

Up until 5pm last Saturday hibs had scored more goals. 

HopeDiouf
4 minutes ago, McNelly15 said:

3.40pm :)

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

They have a fan opinion thing on after the games finish on Saturdays. Been on a couple of times. 

Yes, bit of a rabble the last twice I've heard it, assuming they invite you and its not a call in. The rabble btw is not the punter its the pundit

McNelly15
1 hour ago, HopeDiouf said:

3.40pm :)

Aye, very true 👍🏽😊

This is My Story Podcast
1 hour ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Yes, bit of a rabble the last twice I've heard it, assuming they invite you and its not a call in. The rabble btw is not the punter its the pundit

Yeah they invite you on. It’s via zoom this time.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

Yeah they invite you on. It’s via zoom this time.

Trust you will keep them in order, if they go on about Shankland being everything, remind them we have a 100% record without him this season 😉

4 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Ps this was maybe before the last round of games as they are only 2 behind us now.

4 hours ago, McNelly15 said:

My point stands just as it would had he said Hibs still have a chance of top six. Neither were "in actual fact" at the time of posting. 😄