Ten Hag (non hmfc)

rudi must stay

rudi must stay

Walked out of a terrible press conference. Basically said he thought they won't get top 4. Wouldn't be surprised if he's sacked on Monday 

Gordons left glove

The guys lost the dressing room. He'll be sacked by summertime.

Shooter McGavin

Got to feel for Sir Alex, watching a near 30 year legacy destroyed by squad after squad of total gimps.

They’re finished as a big club.

rudi must stay
5 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Got to feel for Sir Alex, watching a near 30 year legacy destroyed by squad after squad of total gimps.

I disagree with this. Ineos will bring in young hardworking people, they're saying Southgate for manager. I wouldn't be against that, people will say ye but he failed at Middlesbrough, but he's a different far more experienced coach 

Heard he kind of threw Garnacho under the bus. 19 yo kid who has actually performed for him this season and assisted the Utd goal before being hooked at HT.

They are a ****ing basket case and it's beautiful to see.

The Old Tolbooth
12 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Not really, they had absolutely feck all before he came along, so all they’ve had is one golden period in their history apart from winning the European Cup in 68, albeit it was a long golden period for them, but they’ve done absolutely heehaw before that, and heehaw after that to suggest they’re anything special. 

7 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

I disagree with this. Ineos will bring in young hardworking people, they're saying Southgate for manager. I wouldn't be against that, people will say ye but he failed at Middlesbrough, but he's a different far more experienced coach 

Southgate as Man Utd manager :lol: 

A good manager would have won a major tournament with the squad he’s had and most English fans hate his style of football.

milky_26
9 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

strongly disagree, Ineos know very little about running a successful football club, just look at the other clubs jim ratcliffe owns

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, Chaps said:

A good manager would have won a major tournament with the squad he’s had and most English fans hate his style of football.

I disagree with this. He has made them competitive in these tournaments which is an achievement. 

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

strongly disagree, Ineos know very little about running a successful football club, just look at the other clubs jim ratcliffe owns

Jim Ratcliffe is a shrewd businessman he knows sport

milky_26
1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

what success has he had in sport? bought team sky when they were successful but now are a shadow of that success

Just now, milky_26 said:

what success has he had in sport? bought team sky when they were successful but now are a shadow of that success

only there for his own interest.  End off 

tian447
46 minutes ago, Gordons left glove said:

The guys lost the dressing room. He'll be sacked by summertime.

Did he ever have the dressing room? 

Manchester United's main problem is they have a squad full of absolute roasters who don't lift a finger for anyone other than themselves. Individually, they might be quite talented, but they do not work as a team. It's been the same for years, their dressing room must be absolute poison with some of the characters floating around.  They're content to pick up their over inflated wages, and sod the club that pays them. 

They need to clear out the vast majority of their players before anything will change. Their squad is tainted with all sorts from top to bottom, and probably further than that. There seems to be a very strange culture there, happy to have players with "dodgy" personal issues representing their club. 

It's absolutely :glorious:and it continues to be a slow burn, instead of a rapid implosion. 

BigAlim

Managers have been “losing the dressing room” at old Trafford for ten years. I don’t think the managers are the issue quite honestly 

Seymour M Hersh
19 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

I'll give you the business bit but sport? Where's the evidence he knows naff all about running a football club. I think he'll force all his business methods on them and expect the same results. It may work but more chance it will be a complete disaster. 

Thunder and Lightning

Man U fans are wanks. This pleases me greatly watching them implode year after year. 

Gordons left glove
20 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Did he ever have the dressing room? 

Manchester United's main problem is they have a squad full of absolute roasters who don't lift a finger for anyone other than themselves. Individually, they might be quite talented, but they do not work as a team. It's been the same for years, their dressing room must be absolute poison with some of the characters floating around.  They're content to pick up their over inflated wages, and sod the club that pays them. 

They need to clear out the vast majority of their players before anything will change. Their squad is tainted with all sorts from top to bottom, and probably further than that. There seems to be a very strange culture there, happy to have players with "dodgy" personal issues representing their club. 

It's absolutely :glorious:and it continues to be a slow burn, instead of a rapid implosion. 

I'm partial to man city so it's been glorious the past few months 😂

42 minutes ago, Chaps said:

Spot on.  England should have beaten a bang average Italy in the Euros.

Shooter McGavin
26 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Man U fans are wanks. This pleases me greatly watching them implode year after year. 

Couldn’t have worded it better myself

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

He's a ***** and knows **** all about anything other than being a *****.

Thunder and Lightning
1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

Jim is a businessman. He isn't there as a a philanthropist. This won't go well for man u. 

John Findlay
10 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Don't talk nonsense. Football is cylindrical.

I'm old enough to remember when Man Utd got relegated from the English first division in 1973/74.

When are in the second division still getting home crowds of 50k plus.

hereford_hearts
8 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I'm old enough to remember when Man Utd got relegated from the English first division in 1973/74.

Cyclical mate🤣🤣

John Findlay
2 minutes ago, hereford_hearts said:

Cyclical mate🤣🤣

A ken whit a meant🤣🤣🤣

Shooter McGavin
5 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Hyperbole, on my part.

They look absolutely miles away from winning the league and competing in the Champions League though. They relentlessly pay well over the going rate for total roasters who are poison to have around the dressing room, and are more interested in branding, marketing and social media, than winning games of football. Their stadium requires extensive refurbishment, to the point where it’s even being suggested that they might be better off ditching it altogether and building a new stadium.

So much needs to change at that club, and so little does.

John Findlay
1 minute ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Hyperbole, on my part.

They look absolutely miles away from winning the league and competing in the Champions League though. They relentlessly pay well over the going rate for total roasters who are poison to have around the dressing room, and are more interested in branding, marketing and social media, than winning games of football. Their stadium requires extensive refurbishment, to the point where it’s even being suggested that they might be better off ditching it altogether and building a new stadium.

So much needs to change at that club, and so little does.

Old Trafford certainly needs a facelift, I did the tour last year. Though certainly larger than Anfield, St James's Park, and the Etihad, those three stadiums put it in the shade.

Tommy Brown
9 hours ago, Yoda said:

Spot on.  England should have beaten a bang average Italy in the Euros.

Italy played fantastic football in the group stage and everyone outside of England were tipping them.

Bang average is far from correct.

Certainly Man U do not Gareth Southgate, though.

Edited by Tommy Brown

Tommy Brown

Very difficult to get someone in charge that can deal with all the individual egos.

There a lack teamwork, they need a captain that they all respect firstly.

I don't think they are a million miles away, but not exactly close either.

jambo007
2 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Very difficult to get someone in charge that can deal with all the individual egos.

There a lack teamwork, they need a captain that they all respect firstly.

I don't think they are a million miles away, but not exactly close either.

It is difficult they continue to turn corners, but are still going in circles 🤔😎

I think they'll go for Graham Potter, good manager that has previously worked with Dan Ashworth. 

As well though, this squad has consistently let managers down. They need to let some of the bad eggs go. Get players in that aren't pre-madonnas and are prepared to work hard and play for the jersey - Scott McTominay is a prime example of this, and TBH I think they should look at John McGinn too. Has grown into an excellent CM for Villa (although Hibs would be due money so maybe not :D). Rashford would be one I'd be letting go. Attitude doesn't seem very good - not working hard or busting a gut to press players. 

They've consistently failed to pull the trigger on good signings, so it will be interesting to see who they can bring in player wise. I do think that Ratcliffe is going about things correctly though in building up the back room staff. Albeit he does seem to be playing ****ing pokemon (gotta catch them all) with other teams senior management - Ashworth (Newcastle), Freedman (Crystal Palace), Wilcox (Southampton) - was there a few more?

Fxxx the SPFL
9 hours ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

He's a ***** and knows **** all about anything other than being a *****.

That’s a bit tame 😂 

buzzbomb1958
10 hours ago, Morgan said:

Great club.

Crap manager.

It’s not a great club anymore it’s run by the wrong people and it doesn’t help with Fergie stalking the corridors doesn’t matter how much money they throw at it , they live on past glory now can’t see anything changing

10 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

I disagree with this. He has made them competitive in these tournaments which is an achievement. 

They have not won a single game you would no ex them to.  Any half decent opposition either beat them, or hold them to a draw.

Samuel Camazzola
10 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Not really, they had absolutely feck all before he came along, so all they’ve had is one golden period in their history apart from winning the European Cup in 68, albeit it was a long golden period for them, but they’ve done absolutely heehaw before that, and heehaw after that to suggest they’re anything special. 

Doesn't say much for the rest of the clubs in the country. 

Philfigo

90s and 2000s was the golden era for Man Utd, history says no team is top dog constantly. 20 year periods seem the best you could ask for. Over the years dominate teams have been Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester Utd, Chelsea and Manchester City. Probably others teams as well have had short spells. All the fuss how poor about Man Utd I don't understand, there has been a changing of the guard and that was years ago. Man Utd are now just as others have been a former English top dog. Doesn't mean to say this won't come again, just enough of the fuss about it in the time being when they are just an average EPL team. Just a shame the only changing of the guard up here is between the two arse holes over 40 years. 

kingantti1874

Dan ashworth is a good appointment, they need to clear out the deadwood and take a step back, sign solid proven EPL players then look to build. They’ve so much money it’s simply inevitable they will get to the top again.  Though, until the glazers are gone I wouldn’t expect them to make the right decisions.  The ineos thing is weird 

milky_26
1 hour ago, OTT said:

I think they'll go for Graham Potter, good manager that has previously worked with Dan Ashworth. 

As well though, this squad has consistently let managers down. They need to let some of the bad eggs go. Get players in that aren't pre-madonnas and are prepared to work hard and play for the jersey - Scott McTominay is a prime example of this, and TBH I think they should look at John McGinn too. Has grown into an excellent CM for Villa (although Hibs would be due money so maybe not :D). Rashford would be one I'd be letting go. Attitude doesn't seem very good - not working hard or busting a gut to press players. 

They've consistently failed to pull the trigger on good signings, so it will be interesting to see who they can bring in player wise. I do think that Ratcliffe is going about things correctly though in building up the back room staff. Albeit he does seem to be playing ****ing pokemon (gotta catch them all) with other teams senior management - Ashworth (Newcastle), Freedman (Crystal Palace), Wilcox (Southampton) - was there a few more?

They also got the boy from man city

12 hours ago, Morgan said:

Great club.

Crap manager.

Are they? IMO they are akin to the old firm with the belief they have divine rights!
There are many greater clubs. 

Weebroon98

They need to clear the deadwood out but some of them are on ridiculous wages so won't be easy.

Debut 4

The infrastructure and managerial problems have been an issue but it’s went on that long that it’s clear many players are the problem too.

Some managers can go in at the back of the previous one and improve players and the general performances but you start to wonder after a while when you keep trying to change things with a group of players that have a core that has hardly changed over a few years.  

Guys like Wan Bissaka, Maguire, Shaw, Lindelof, Fernandes, Rashford (maybe others I’ve forgot and there’s ones already arrived, failed and left) have had their chance, imo.  That’s a big hole in the squad if they get rid.  

The right mentality for a big club like Man U has been well short since SAF left too. They desperately need a big character, a man who can manage people , not just be a coach, like what Man City and Liverpool have got.  

hmfc_liam06
12 hours ago, BigAlim said:

Managers have been “losing the dressing room” at old Trafford for ten years. I don’t think the managers are the issue quite honestly 

There’s a core of players at the club that have managed to see van Gaal, Mourinho, Solskjaer and more than likely ten Hag out the door. 

20 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

There’s a core of players at the club that have managed to see van Gaal, Mourinho, Solskjaer and more than likely ten Hag out the door. 

Completely agree. Don't think the behind the scenes leadership has been very strong. Those aren't bad managers, all pretty experienced and have won stuff. Players haven't really changed hugely in that time, and probably a big factor on why things have went so wrong for a club that see's itself as challenging for league titles every season. 

Wonder if that is why Ratcliffe has went so gunho on getting various football guys in from the likes of Crystal Palace, Soutampton, Newcastle. Building up the sort of backroom leadership team that can competently implement a strategic vision.

Don't particularly like English football but I do find the idea of what Ratcliffe is attempting to do to be very interesting. Like, unlike previous attempts, there seems to be a real plan at play and its not just a bad attempt at re-arranging deckchairs on the titanic. 

Scott Monument
12 hours ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Hopefully the decline continues for many more years