Well done Steven Naismith

connlach

connlach

I have to admit I was not a fan of the appointment of Steven however today was a game we would have lost last year. He has definitely got something. There are still things to learn for example I would have got Tait off quicker today to avoid a red but there is a great team spirit and I am excited to see what we can do in Europe next year. 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wee Mikey

• Oda be a JT

• jamboinglasgow

• connlach

AC Mallin_51

10 away wins in the league is incredible considering how bad our form is outside of Edinburgh normally. Game management was superb today, a great win considering we were missing Shankland. Also we are very comfortable in 3rd, every team we are playing at the moment needs the points more than us, it can be really easy for players to down tools and get complacent. Beat livi next week and we’re on 62 points before the split. 70 is now achievable 

Australis

Great mentality.

He will have picked up good tips and ideas under the managers he played for.

zeke1874

18 wins from 32 in the league. 2 Cup semi finals. I wasn't sure about his appointment and tbh would have preferred a more experienced manager, but the results speak for themselves. I do think he has something about him. You could argue that we do have the 3rd best squad but you still have to prove it and he has definitely done that. Well done Naismith.

upgotheheads
43 minutes ago, connlach said:

I have to admit I was not a fan of the appointment of Steven however today was a game we would have lost last year. He has definitely got something. There are still things to learn for example I would have got Tait off quicker today to avoid a red but there is a great team spirit and I am excited to see what we can do in Europe next year. 

Did Tait get a red?

connlach
1 minute ago, upgotheheads said:

Did Tait get a red?

No but he was on a yellow and then did a foul and you could see he was struggling so he was one tackle away from it. Thankfully he avoided it. It was just an example of where I think there are still things to learn but no one is perfect.

Finlay James

He’s been a top appointment and I can’t wait to see where he takes us with a summer window and the chance to further mould the squad in his own image.

His calmness, ability to learn and improve and unshakeable high standards are unheard of at our level.  He’ll go far, let’s enjoy him while we have him.

Mikey1874

Definitely today shows a lot of work done with the team.

Just Vargas finishing away from a big statement performance. 

But a good stepping stone to rest of season. 

Edited by Mikey1874

RustyRightPeg

He’s quite special IMO. His tactical nous has won us a lot of points this year. Good mid game adjustments. 

Oda be a JT

I have said it a few time recently but I’m getting more and more concerned about him leaving than any player, what he has achieved in a very short time will not have gone unnoticed by other, much bigger, clubs imo.

Mikey1874
Just now, Oda be a JT said:

I have said it a few time recently but I’m getting more and more concerned about him leaving than any player, what he has achieved in a very short time will not have gone unnoticed by other, much bigger, clubs imo.

Yeah

But he isn't going to rush. He knows he's still learning. I'd say 2 years more. 

Oda be a JT
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Yeah

Here’s hoping.

i wish jj was my dad
1 minute ago, Oda be a JT said:

I think he recognises he is at tge right club for his own development. I'm sure he will go in to bigger things but a daft move to a trigger happy championship club in England isn't on the immediate horizon. 

Oda be a JT
1 minute ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

I think he recognises he is at tge right club for his own development. I'm sure he will go in to bigger things but a daft move to a trigger happy championship club in England isn't on the immediate horizon. 

I really hope not and he does seem to be intelligent enough to know he has a chance to really build something here over a few seasons - his time will come.

i wish jj was my dad
Just now, Oda be a JT said:

I really hope not and he does seem to be intelligent enough to know he has a chance to really build something here over a few seasons - his time will come.

He comes across as properly switched on and has really bought into the club since he arrived. I'd have loved to have seen how 2018-19 would have played out without him getting injured. 

Jim Panzee

There will be some ‘Greedy’….’Dusky’…..’I8’…..‘Mitch’….people (not) on here tonight who will be annoyed. (Or they’ll be somewhere else being irrationally torn faced)

how dare they. So selfish and spoiling it for the rest of us with their silence, and not giving us the gold mine of comedy they always provide.

heartsfc_fan

More points than last season and still 6 games to go 👌

Enjoy him while he's here as he'll soon get a gig down south more than likely in the cesspit of English Championship and it'll be soon as they chop and change often but the money is better

Jim_Duncan

He’s got something about him. Perhaps carries a bit of luck at times, but he learns from mistakes and coaches improvements in players. 

Leveins Battalion

I'm absolutely embarrassed that I voted in the Managers poll on here earlier in the season to get rid of Naisy,and just shows that a number of fans (me included) are far too quick to judge.Fair play to our board for their outstanding work.

Love the work Naisy is doing and cannot wait to see who we add to with Dhanda,Spittal and Penrice already in.🇱🇻

Ricardo Quaresma
2 minutes ago, rory78 said:

Enjoy him while he's here as he'll soon get a gig down south more than likely in the cesspit of English Championship and it'll be soon as they chop and change often but the money is better

He doesn't need the money; he'll choose to do whatever he wants, whenever he wants

GavK1012
3 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

He’s got something about him. Perhaps carries a bit of luck at times, but he learns from mistakes and coaches improvements in players. 

Better lucky than good...or both perhaps 😉 

innerjambo

He's getting results when it matters. I look forward to more progression next season, after a bumper summer transfer window. 

Dia Liom

The away performances this season have been excellent. We are a pretty solid team. Naismith has done really well overall. Does Frankie Mc get any credit?? 😝

Saint Jambo
1 hour ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

10 away wins in the league is incredible considering how bad our form is outside of Edinburgh normally. Game management was superb today, a great win considering we were missing Shankland. Also we are very comfortable in 3rd, every team we are playing at the moment needs the points more than us, it can be really easy for players to down tools and get complacent. Beat livi next week and we’re on 62 points before the split. 70 is now achievable 

The away form is truly sensational. We've now taken more points away from home that the 05/06 season. If we can go back to the kind of home form that we normally display, while maintaining this away form we will have a very very good season. I think we might fall just short of 70points, but it is still looking like a very impressive first season for Naismith (especially when he finishes it by lifting the cup).

4 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

The away form is truly sensational. We've now taken more points away from home that the 05/06 season. If we can go back to the kind of home form that we normally display, while maintaining this away form we will have a very very good season. I think we might fall just short of 70points, but it is still looking like a very impressive first season for Naismith (especially when he finishes it by lifting the cup).

He's doing fantastic. When it clicks and we are regularly able to beat 'the low block' we see from every team visiting Tynie we will be in such a good place.

Polonia Gorgie

It's been a very impressive start to his management career. The Rosenborg result was brilliant, he's beat Hibs, home and away wins v Celtic. Trips to Hampden. Most away wins since 92, Looks like third is now nailed on. The boy is still a novice and will surely still keep on improving. 

i wish jj was my dad
1 minute ago, Polonia Gorgie said:

It's been a very impressive start to his management career. The Rosenborg result was brilliant, he's beat Hibs, home and away wins v Celtic. Trips to Hampden. Most away wins since 92, Looks like third is now nailed on. The boy is still a novice and will surely still keep on improving. 

Unlikely, I know but keep Shanks and add two or three quality additions in the summer. A proper right back and Ginnelly type that can play off the shoulder alongside the business already done and I think we are as good as we have been since Burley. 

jamboinglasgow
30 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

He’s been a top appointment and I can’t wait to see where he takes us with a summer window and the chance to further mould the squad in his own image.

His calmness, ability to learn and improve and unshakeable high standards are unheard of at our level.  He’ll go far, let’s enjoy him while we have him.

Thats it for me. They way we have played this season is not what I think ultimately how he wants to play, but he has been pragmatic with the team he has. Next season we will see the team evolve more to ultimately what he wants. Look at the signings already for this summer, which has been about opening up more the attacking area behind the striker to create much more. I do think this summer window will be fascinating as I think we will have a few moved out.

I do think his striving for the right mentality is something you dont see in many managers, I think its a combination of both his own personality and his time at clubs like Rangers and some managers where players need to able to keep pushing especially when under high expectations. I also echo his ability to learn is something you dont often see from managers, he does learn from his mistakes. I also think the way he is quite open in how he talks about everything (from analysing games to player's weaknesses and how they want to fix it) is really refreshing, he does not hide behind cliches or BS (like the last two Hibs managers do.)

I am also impressed with his attitude towards youth players, he does have high expectations for them but he also not shutting the door on them. Tait is growing week on week and even today Denholm came on and did well. He has given four young players their competitive or League debut so far this season I am sure a few more will do as well before the end of the season. He was talking this week about how he may grow the squad size by 1 or 2 players next season but does not feel the need for more as he will use youngsters and the difference from previous managers is that I do believe him as he has shown to be honest when talking.

Finlay James
3 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Thats it for me. They way we have played this season is not what I think ultimately how he wants to play, but he has been pragmatic with the team he has. Next season we will see the team evolve more to ultimately what he wants. Look at the signings already for this summer, which has been about opening up more the attacking area behind the striker to create much more. I do think this summer window will be fascinating as I think we will have a few moved out.

I do think his striving for the right mentality is something you dont see in many managers, I think its a combination of both his own personality and his time at clubs like Rangers and some managers where players need to able to keep pushing especially when under high expectations. I also echo his ability to learn is something you dont often see from managers, he does learn from his mistakes. I also think the way he is quite open in how he talks about everything (from analysing games to player's weaknesses and how they want to fix it) is really refreshing, he does not hide behind cliches or BS (like the last two Hibs managers do.)

I am also impressed with his attitude towards youth players, he does have high expectations for them but he also not shutting the door on them. Tait is growing week on week and even today Denholm came on and did well. He has given four young players their competitive or League debut so far this season I am sure a few more will do as well before the end of the season. He was talking this week about how he may grow the squad size by 1 or 2 players next season but does not feel the need for more as he will use youngsters and the difference from previous managers is that I do believe him as he has shown to be honest when talking.

Great post 👏

Wee Mikey

Just compare and contrast with Robinson's side-line antics (especially after Grant's pen when he looked likely to self-combust).

I far prefer someone who keeps the heid, remains focussed, and makes the right decisions (largely) at the right times.

Also, he never comes across as a greetin' faced sair loser should things go awry.

39 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yeah

I have a sneaking suspicion that he's here for the long haul.

36 minutes ago, Oda be a JT said:

Yup, his previous interviews indicate that he's looking & planning ahead.

23 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

He doesn't need the money; he'll choose to do whatever he wants, whenever he wants

Agreed.

He's clearly sorted financially and has his head screwed on. I reckon that the board will back him all the way and that counts for a lot.

As one comparison, I'm imagining the scenario at e.g. h1b5 whereby the fool Monty must have all sorts of interference to contend with.

If we continue to have stability then it'll reap rewards - it kinda has done already given our away record.

Who would've predicted Hearts at this stage of the season having more wins than both Aberdeen and h1b5 combined?

Almost home now after a match best described as 'not one to write home about', but we won ... again ... and at least my trips home from away matches this season have been better than in recent years - allbeit with a few exasperating bummers.

❤️❤️G❤️

DG_HMFC

He knows what he's doing, and when he gets the squad together that he wants we will be a very good side.

Hope the club back him this summer and give him what he wants.

Pasquale for King

Hes done well, so much more to come though. We need to find a way to beat Rangers in one of the two remaining matches with them. 

allystrachan

As the typical Hearts fan, I thought his football brought excitement last season & was supportive of him getting the job. 
Then the whole European episode made things seem farcical. He’d get a result then get a poor result & I thought that would always be his cycle. I figured it was just a matter of time before he’d be sacked…

… Then he went on a tear & won a load! I like the way he speaks, it’s good to hear a coach actively developing the players & their mindset rather than just saying the usual chat everyone else does with no substance. 

Turns out I was right from the start! lol

Bongo 1874
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hes done well, so much more to come though. We need to find a way to beat Rangers in one of the two remaining matches with them. 

Spot on 👍

zeke1874

If we beat livi, we are guaranteed euro football one way or another. With 5 games to spare. Obvs the target is 3rd and I think we'll do that but either way, beating livi means we can't finish lower than 4th. 3rd season in a row. These are good times to follow the Hearts!!

2 hours ago, connlach said:

So you know better than Steven Naismith, forgive me, but that is hilarious!

Vlad Magic

I like Naismith. I wanted him as manager and fought his corner at the start of the season when things weren’t quite as rosey as they are now.

However.

I think we can do better.

I actually think we can play much better. I genuinely think we have another 2 gears from where we are now. 

Most heartening personally is I do think Naismith will find the 2 gears. I think he knows we have more and is putting the breaks on till he feels the time is right to really go for it.

Very exciting being a Jambo right now 👍

Naisy and his team have done a great job. Our away form has improved beyond all recognition. Hope he is here for a good few seasons.

Wee Mikey
26 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

The away form is truly sensational. We've now taken more points away from home than the 05/06 season. If we can go back to the kind of home form that we normally display, while maintaining this away form we will have a very very good season. I think we might fall just short of 70points, but it is still looking like a very impressive first season for Naismith (especially when he finishes it by lifting the cup).

Stats, eh?

Good spot, and it's figures such as that which often go unnoticed. 👍

Section Q

Naisy won't get any better experience as a young manager at any other club.

European football with no great pressure, regular domestic cup runs and high octane derbies.

He's still learning.