Remember when…

AC Mallin_51

AC Mallin_51

… Rangers died.

A lot of their fans quite vocal about us at the moment with the 50/50 split, the badge carry on last week. Seen plenty comments having a pop at us. “Hearts fans are the only fans that think they’re a big club” plenty knocks at our support, our club, our players and how we aren’t a patch on the mighty Glasgow Rainjurs. They genuinely believe they are the best, most loyal fan base in the country, if not either further. So just a reminder of that time their fans stood back and watched 140 years of history go down the toilet which then lead to their most bitter rivals sweeping up for an entire decade

been here before

One of the few songs I sing with full gusto... "You let your club die..."

****in love it.

Roll on the semi.

Edited by been here before

Threedoorsdown

I fully expect Rangers and Celtic to try and close ranks on us in the next year or two. 

I’ve been somewhat critical of some of our footballing decisions at Hearts in recent years. However, something feels different. It’s like the pieces are starting to click together. We literally have a foundation to build a credible threat to the duopoly - they won’t like that. 

If we manage to secure third, this will be the most important transfer window in modern times. We will have literally millions of pounds to spend, it can be either the window that sees all our efforts as fans and as a club springboard us to the next level - 3rd place comfortably and within single points of the old firm and maybe a European win or two - or this summer will see is blow our chances by spending poorly.

With regards to Rangers, **** them.

frankblack
4 minutes ago, Threedoorsdown said:

I fully expect Rangers and Celtic to try and close ranks on us in the next year or two. 

I’ve been somewhat critical of some of our footballing decisions at Hearts in recent years. However, something feels different. It’s like the pieces are starting to click together. We literally have a foundation to build a credible threat to the duopoly - they won’t like that. 

If we manage to secure third, this will be the most important transfer window in modern times. We will have literally millions of pounds to spend, it can be either the window that sees all our efforts as fans and as a club springboard us to the next level - 3rd place comfortably and within single points of the old firm and maybe a European win or two - or this summer will see is blow our chances by spending poorly.

While they finish first and second and have Champions League and Europa money rolling in they will continue to have ten times our turnover, and will therefore be able to outspend us by a distance should we start closing the gap.

14 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

… Rangers died.

A lot of their fans quite vocal about us at the moment with the 50/50 split, the badge carry on last week. Seen plenty comments having a pop at us. “Hearts fans are the only fans that think they’re a big club” plenty knocks at our support, our club, our players and how we aren’t a patch on the mighty Glasgow Rainjurs. They genuinely believe they are the best, most loyal fan base in the country, if not either further. So just a reminder of that time their fans stood back and watched 140 years of history go down the toilet which then lead to their most bitter rivals sweeping up for an entire decade

They are in general a mix of thick as shit human detritus and bigoted violent wasters

And yes , they let their club die 

My suspicion is that they stood by because they didn’t think it would happen or be allowed  to happen.  Not without justification as the SFA, SPL, SFL did what they could to pretend it hadn’t happened.  There were one or two voices in the Weegia that pointed out the truth but they were soon silenced and the whole MSM now helps perpetuate The Big Lie.

Edited by FWJ

the posh bit

They can harp on about whatever they want to between now and forever. The fact remains, they let their club die. 

Threedoorsdown
8 minutes ago, frankblack said:

While they finish first and second and have Champions League and Europa money rolling in they will continue to have ten times our turnover, and will therefore be able to outspend us by a distance should we start closing the gap.

They will likely always dominate. However, they get far too easy a ride of it. We have been in far worse positions off the field and have them a close run a couple of times. 

One thing is obvious since appointing Naismith, the managerial appointments are critical to growth. I actually wouldn’t be against our manager being our highest paid employee as a general rule. 

*back to topic - Rangers can still **** off 😂

Edited by Threedoorsdown

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Threedoorsdown said:

Agreed, especially if we continue to be 3rd and snapping up the best Scottish talent and selling put Tynecastle.

We aren't a threat atm, but atm we are the only team that could threaten giving our base and financial stability.

They and the media don't like the thought of it.

If we went out and spent a couple of million on say Armstrong and the Dundee guy it would really ruffle some feathers, never mind Shankland coming out and staying with us.

Unfortunately,  that  won't happen. 

However, We are at a crossroads, I think we being aggressive and going to really kick on.

Jamhammer

Rest assured if we became a viable threat steps would be taken to ensure the status quo is

maintained 

If carlsberg did rivals...
4 hours ago, Threedoorsdown said:

Sorry mate, we're not a credible threat to the duopoly. If we make £5/6m in Europe every season they are easily making treble that in Europe. What we can do is increase the gap between us and the rest and hopefully pick up the odd cup along the way.

If we say "Our name's on the Cup" we'd be correct.

It isn't something Rangers fans can say as neither version of their club have their name written on the Trophy 😁.  Lots of dead teams do though - Vale of Leven, Hibernians, Third Lanark, Renton - but no "Rangers".

2 minutes ago, JTJ said:

If we say "Our name's on the Cup" we'd be correct.

It isn't something Rangers fans can say as neither version of their club have their name written on the Trophy 😁.  Lots of dead teams do though - Vale of Leven, Hibernians, Third Lanark, Renton - but no "Rangers".

:) 

Ricardo Quaresma
4 hours ago, frankblack said:

10 times is bit of a stretch and CL hopefully ends next Season, one point for Viktoria and the Automatic CL spot is gone, for a good while at least

frankblack
2 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

10 times is bit of a stretch and CL hopefully ends next Season, one point for Viktoria and the Automatic CL spot is gone, for a good while at least

That will also roll down to us with no guaranteed group stage for third place.

Ricardo Quaresma
Just now, frankblack said:

That will also roll down to us with no guaranteed group stage for third place.

We only need 11th or 12th place to maintain that 👍

BelgeJambo
2 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

Rest assured if we became a viable threat steps would be taken to ensure the status quo is

maintained 

That’s why league restructuring continues to be ignored.

Playing them twice a season would be the biggest threat to their dominance.

Libertarian
21 hours ago, Threedoorsdown said:

If we manage to secure third, this will be the most important transfer window in modern times. We will have literally millions of pounds to spend,

As long as Aberdeen don't win the cup. 

gordon simpson
On 01/04/2024 at 14:35, AC Mallin_51 said:

… Rangers died.

most are utter radges who know sweet F all about football

Go for it 1308

Filthy bigoted unwashed scumbag pish smelling scumbag pricks

been here before
8 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I fair enjoyed watching that.

Great days, weeks and months watching the old Rangers die.

Some of those fans at the beginning "its like a funeral without a corpse.... ahv no slept fur 3 months". Theres just so much to enjoy.

I'd completely forgotten about Chuckles Green :rofl:

Ricardo Quaresma
9 minutes ago, been here before said:

I fair enjoyed watching that.

Great days, weeks and months watching the old Rangers die.

Some of those fans at the beginning "its like a funeral without a corpse.... ahv no slept fur 3 months". Theres just so much to enjoy.

I'd completely forgotten about Chuckles Green :rofl:

Been looking for it on YouTube for a good while and thought it was removed

Didn't know or remember it was on that channel on there :lol:

Barry Radge

Comedy gold. Let them never forget they are not the same club.

Des Lynam
9 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

What a fantastic Scotland Tonight special. 

Ricardo Quaresma
Just now, Des Lynam said:

What a fantastic Scotland Tonight special.

It was a good production, glad I found it again

The auld celtic boy on th couch, insisting rangers (old) should be stripped of the trophies they won at the time :rofl:

Aye, so celtic can have them for nowt, ya auld ******** :rofl:

been here before

Id also forgotten just how much of a cretinous

wxnker Archie McPherson is.

Des Lynam

The talk of football Armageddon if rangers aren’t allowed back into the top league. 🤣

Yes I’d forgotten how much of a govan sympathiser Archie was! Lovely to watch him look so unhappy. 

Jamhammer
On 01/04/2024 at 21:09, BelgeJambo said:

That’s why league restructuring continues to be ignored.

Playing them twice a season would be the biggest threat to their dominance.

It’s ridiculous that that had never occurred to me 

I’ve always been a “we need 3 or 4 teams capable of beating them like in the 80’s” guy

Edited by Jamhammer

AlphonseCapone

There will be some posters avoiding this thread. Don't like when their big team gets slagged off.