Third place

Batistuta87

Batistuta87

We're dropping a few too many points for my liking and I'm getting a bit worried that we're making this a lot more difficult than it should be.

We still confident??? 

Edited by Batistuta87

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fozzyonthefence

• jamborich

• FarmerTweedy

• Mikey1874

GinRummy

I’m more confident after today  11 clear and 7 to play sounds good to me. I doubt if we’ll be as many as11 clear by the end of the season but we’ll be third. 

kingantti1874

🤣 behave man.  Killie or Stnirren would need to win 4 games more than us.  With 7 left.  Against top 6 opposition.

one more will will put it beyond any doubt. 

theshed
3 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

We're dropping a few too many points for my liking and I'm getting a bit worried that we're making this a lot more difficult than it should be.

We still confident??? 

Avoid defeat next week and beat Livingston and we will be fine as normally after the split we never do well 

Luckies1874

:rofl:

Yes. Still confident. Probably got enough points already. 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, theshed said:

Avoid defeat next week and beat Livingston and we will be fine as normally after the split we never do well 

hopefully this time we will be facing Stmirren and Dundee at home .

martoon

No one is reaching our current 56 points.

4 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Would be nice to start winning some games with the semi coming up 

This 

PaddysBar
29 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

We still confident??? 

Over 31 games, Killie have 11 points less than us and St Mirren have 13 less. 

That doesn’t suggest to me either team is winning 12 or 14 more than us out of the final 21 points to play for. 

The only risk to group stage European football is Aberdeen and there’s no chance they’re beating Celtic then either the huns or us to lift the cup. 

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg
34 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

We still confident??? 

I understand the concern due to last season however I think we’ve done enough already. Would be catastrophic if we did! 

ShedBoy
39 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

We still confident??? 

I love satire

Threedoorsdown

Other results went our way today. Avoid defeat again vs St Mirren and beat livi and we are there I think.

pettigrewsstylist

Beating Livi at home should be enough.

pettigrewsstylist
9 minutes ago, Hansel said:

Would've lost this game last season

Would have lost this game if kent needed another week.

1 minute ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Would have lost this game if kent needed another week.

Agreed

soonbe110
44 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Not if they even us up to 19/19.   We would be away to one of those two for a third time.  

soonbe110
45 minutes ago, martoon said:

Said after Dingwall that our 55 points was enough.  Still believe that to be the case.  

Ricardo Quaresma
45 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Sure we were 'schedued' to get the midden at home last split; this was given to the sheep and it stank, them pumping the midden 3 zip, midden with 10 men, sheep sealed 3rd

Batistuta87

Cool 👍🏻

Just wondering what people thought. I'm not counting my chickens just yet and it is a bit concerning how much the gap has closed recently. Just don't want a repeat of last season. 

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Sure we were 'schedued' to get the midden at home last split; this was given to the sheep and it stank, them pumping the midden 3 zip, midden with 10 men, sheep sealed 3rd

correct. 

EH11 2NL

Killie had to win the day really, and even then they'd be pissing in the wind. 

GBJambo

Cool 👍🏻

Just wondering what people thought. I'm not counting my chickens just yet and it is a bit concerning how much the gap has closed recently. Just don't want a repeat of last season. 

It’s only closed from 14 to 11 . 

kingantti1874

Cool 👍🏻

It’s not really closed though.  At the start of this set of fixtures it was 5 points.  Now it’s 11. 

We’re in a better position now than we were before kick-off today.

Relax! There’s more chance of Aberdeen winning the cup than us losing third.

whodanny

Nothing changed for us today, except the rest have one less game to catch us. Oh, I forgot ! the sheep won so they're 3 points closer, shouls i start to worry ?  Nah.

Go for it 1308
35 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

default_ooh_matron2.png

Bongo 1874
59 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

We still confident??? 

Can only go on last game,which today nowhere near good enough,need to be far more clinical infront of goal.

We have a semi final coming up every player should be bursting a gut,to want win not only games, but to be apart of the semi final.

Step it up Hearts.

Mikey1874
6 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Cool 👍🏻

You mean from 14 points to 11. 

Scott Leitch
37 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

That's the worry for me. We were garbage today,same at County. We need to up our game tye next couple before we go to Hampden. 

GinRummy
1 minute ago, Scott Leitch said:

That's the worry for me. We were garbage today,same at County. We need to up our game tye next couple before we go to Hampden. 

We were poor at Morton as well.  I do think we will do enough for third but we need a couple of good performances before hampden. 

Drylaw Hearts

With 7 games left and both Killie and St Mirren still to play the OF in 3cof those match and play each other once…….neither are reaching our current points total imo.

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

🤣 behave man.  Killie or Stnirren would need to win 4 games more than us.  With 7 left.  Against top 6 opposition.

one more will will put it beyond any doubt. 

Yup, if we got 4 points from our next two games, then Killie would require 15 points from a possible 21 to match our points. St Mirren would require 16 points from a possible 18 to match our points (as in this scenario they drew against us next week.) And St Mirren still have 3 games against the Old Firm to go, plus two against us and one against Kilmarnock in their last 7 games

I understand the concern, last season really scared us. But I think its often missed how freak last season was it required not only us to mess up and lose so many games in a row, but Aberdeen to win 7 in a row (and pick up another win in the split.) In the last four games, Hearts, Kilmarnock and St Mirren have had the same number of Wins, draws and loses, so it does not show a team building up a winning run. On PPG, Kilmarnock are on course for 57 points, St Mirren 53 points and us 68 points.

I also think a key thing is we are gearing up to be pretty much a fully fit squad, Nieuwenhof will be back next week, McKay will be getting up to the right level etc so we should be getting stronger. Performances have been poor and we need to raise our level again, but I do think its too late in the season to miss out on third (but never say never.)

Edited by jamboinglasgow

pettigrewsstylist

Be good to take something next week and kill Liedoon off.

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

I’m more confident after today  11 clear and 7 to play sounds good to me. I doubt if we’ll be as many as11 clear by the end of the season but we’ll be third. 

St Mirren and Killie will be lucky to get 11 points between now and end of season its over 

AC Mallin_51

7 games left, if we lost every one killie would need to win 4, that’s a big ask with the post split games, I know they’ve beaten both the uglies but with the league at stake I reckon they’ll be a lot more ruthless in the closing games. I very much expect us to beat livi at home so really you’re looking at 5 games they need to win and us to lose the other 6

AC Mallin_51
19 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Yup, if we got 4 points from our next two games, then Killie would require 15 points from a possible 21 to match our points. St Mirren would require 16 points from a possible 18 to match our points (as in this scenario they drew against us next week.) And St Mirren still have 3 games against the Old Firm to go, plus two against us and one against Kilmarnock in their last 7 games

I understand the concern, last season really scared us. But I think its often missed how freak last season was it required not only us to mess up and lose so many games in a row, but Aberdeen to win 7 in a row (and pick up another win in the split.) In the last four games, Hearts, Kilmarnock and St Mirren have had the same number of Wins, draws and loses, so it does not show a team building up a winning run. On PPG, Kilmarnock are on course for 57 points, St Mirren 53 points and us 68 points.

I also think a key thing is we are gearing up to be pretty much a fully fit squad, Nieuwenhof will be back next week, McKay will be getting up to the right level etc so we should be getting stronger. Performances have been poor and we need to raise our level again, but I do think its too late in the season to miss out on third (but never say never.)

We lost on April 1st to killie last year to more or less put third in aberdeens hands instead of ours. April 1st this year we’ll be 11 clear 

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

We still confident??? 

Quite an odd post given that we've just drawn with one of the two teams that has a (very) slim,  but realistically plausible, chance of catching us, while the other team with a (very) slim, but realistically plausible,  chance of catching us only drew against a bottom 6 team.

Today's results make it even more likely than it already was that we'll finish 3rd, and it was already extremely likely. Confident?  I was confident this morning, and I'm even more confident now.  Hard to fathom why anyone wouldn't be, tbh.

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, martoon said:

This is highly likely to be the case!

60 pts will all but guarantee it, so a win and a draw from our last 7 games  

db211833
2 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

We still confident??? 

We never dropped any points

Tommy Brown
1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

A point was enough for us today. Killie needed all three.

This was the concern. Lose the two head to heads and it was a 5pt gap to Killie.

St Mirren could beat us twice and the gap would be 7 to St M. Too many for them to catch us.

Edited by Tommy Brown

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

Cool 👍🏻

Given that our last five league games have included facing the top three teams in the league other than ourselves, not only is it not concerning how much, or rather how little, the gap has closed, it's positively reassuring. Third place is closer now to being in the bag than it's been at any other point this season. 

Polonia Gorgie

It would need to be a catastrophic end to the season for Kilmarnock or St Mirren to catch us. Neither have any chance of putting together a run from now till the end of the season.