3 minutes ago, OTT said:

I think our best 11 is:

Gunn

Hickey Porteous Hendry Tierney Robertson

McTominay Gilmour

McGinn        Ferguson

Shankland

Problem is 5 defenders and 4 CMs isn't a great formation and is lacking IMO

Christie, Adams & Paterson, not International standard I'm afraid (or at least in Christies case, not in form) 

Christie’s been one of Bournemouth’s best players this season. He’s playing a totally different role for them than what Clarke’s had him in this camp. 

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Luckies1874

• Go for it 1308

• Fozzyonthefence

• RustyRightPeg

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

luckyBatistuta
2 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

What fringe players?

I mean the guys who haven’t been starting, but are knocking at the door to be in the starting 11 in Germany, Shankland obviously. He’s learning nothing from starting Dykes.

Edited by luckyBatistuta

Australis
1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Christie’s been one of Bournemouth’s best players this season. He’s playing a totally different role for them than what Clarke’s had him in this camp. 

Did Gunn not want to play for England first, they picked him and forgot about him, so he switched to us.

coatbridgejambo
32 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

He should, but he won't be.

This

Luckies1874
Just now, luckyBatistuta said:

I mean the guys who haven’t been starting, but are knocking at the door to be in the starting 11 in Germany 

Who are they though? 

Shanks started in Holland and was praised by players, Head Coach and pundits alike. Who else is there? In my view he is the only one knocking on the door to actually start. There may be some questions about the combinations beside Tierney in the back 3 and most got an opportunity over the 2 games so maybe that's what you mean?

Hearts_fan
11 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

I'll ask again: why would Clark or Kelly play when they were both shite in the last international break and are nowhere near the standard? They won't get near the pitch in German y unless there are injuries to both Gunn and Gordon. Gunn is the No1 and if Gordon was playing for Hearts he may have been given some game time. Gordon will likely get that game time post split for us and go as No2 (with Zander No3). We are 80 days from the first game in Munich and have 2 matches between now and then, why on earth would we be ****ing about with the goalkeeping position? It's already set what is happening. 

And if Gunn gets injured? Seems sensible to not give the so-called back-ups any game time.

The Treasurer
15 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Probably not the only person given some of the nonsense that gets posted but certainly in the very very small minority. He's been outstanding for Brighton and chosen week in week out by the Head Coach who is being watched by Liverpool, Bayern, Real Madrid etc etc

Fair enough, I just don't see it 

No Idle Talk
15 minutes ago, PaddysBar said:

I’ve got hibby relatives who want shanks to start FFS. 

That tit Clarke is going to blow the finals by playing duds like Dykes and Adams ahead of him. Plus Christie and McLean ahead of Armstrong. 

He blew the 2020 euros by playing the wrong team and he’s showing every sign of doing it again. 

Most football managers are loyal to certain players who they feel have done them a solid in the past. The trick is to know when you are cutting off your nose to spite your face by doing so. I think that is the point Steve Clarke is now at. If there is one thing Scotland struggle to do it is score goals. Shankland is a better finisher than either of the other two.

Luckies1874
Just now, Hearts_fan said:

And if Gunn gets injured? Seems sensible to not give the so-called back-ups any game time.

They just played in the last intentional break! Do you want to have a different keeper every match?!!! 

The Treasurer
3 minutes ago, Australis said:

Did Gunn not want to play for England first, they picked him and forgot about him, so he switched to us.

He suddenly changed his mind when Gordon got injured 

Luckies1874
1 minute ago, No Idle Talk said:

Most football managers are loyal to certain players who they feel have done them a solid in the past. The trick is to know when you are cutting off your nose to spite your face by doing so. I think that is the point Steve Clarke is now at. If there is one thing Scotland struggle to do it is score goals. Shankland is a better finisher than either of the other two.

So this will be a test of his management in that case. My suspicion is that Shankland is now at the very forefront of his mind. Given how motivated that should make Shanks I would have thought it can only be a good thing for Hearts over the next couple of months! 

Go for it 1308
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

I would say that other than Gilmour's 70 minutes on Friday where he was exceptional against a Dutch side nobody did more than Shanks in respect to forcing Clarke's hand and we already knew how good that kid was.

Shankland is now very much in the conversation for starting against Germany, not just being on the plane. I think he's ahead of Adams and the only reason Dykes starts is due to tactics in a certain game. Hearts fans can moan and greet about him not starting tonight but it was obvious he wouldn't. He was picked on Friday in the bigger game and as Clarke has voiced he did very well. It's a pity he missed the big opportunity but his overall contribution was excellent as it was in the 15 mins tonight, despite again being a bit unlucky. 

If he remains fit he is 100% one of the 23. If he continues to score for Hearts, good news for us, he may well be in the starting lineup in Munich. 

By the way he isn't first name on the team sheet, that is just silly when you have Robertson, Tierney, McGinn, McTominay, Gilmour, McGregor and Hickey who are all absolute certain starters. 

I've got news for you...the question of Shankland  being  on that plane  is long gone. That's a given now.  He's on that plane.  Your reluctance to appreciate  shanklands  footballing ability in terms of playing up front and dropping down deeper in comparison to what we have at our disposal in that position is baffling. You said earlier that Clarke would bring him on, on the hour mark ......or just after. He didn't. Clarke is a stubborn arsehole at times who will not admit that he got it wrong or adapt. Shankland should have been on from the start tonight, to to get him ingrained into that team before the Euros,  as opposedto playingthe tried and tested Dykes. Clarke is a stubborn arrogant dick 

Edited by Go for it 1308

luckyBatistuta
3 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Who are they though? 

Shanks started in Holland and was praised by players, Head Coach and pundits alike. Who else is there? In my view he is the only one knocking on the door to actually start. There may be some questions about the combinations beside Tierney in the back 3 and most got an opportunity over the 2 games so maybe that's what you mean?

He started in Holland, but guaranteed he’s not in Clarkes mind to be starting against Germany. It’s a friendly, so what have you got to lose starting Shankland over Dykes. What did he learn tonight from starting Dykes, other than he was honking. If he has any intention of taking Shankland, give him the chance to shine at international level.

Hearts_fan
1 minute ago, Luckies1874 said:

They just played in the last intentional break! Do you want to have a different keeper every match?!!! 

I’m saying it’s friendly games, and he took 4 keepers, one of whom is CG, so why not at least let the second-choice get 45 mins?

Sherbet
7 minutes ago, Australis said:

Yep

Luckies1874
2 minutes ago, Go for it 1308 said:

I've got news for you...the question of Shankland  being  on that plane  is long gone. That's a given now.  He's on that plane.  Your reluctance to appreciate  shanklands  footballing ability in terms of playing up front and dropping down deeper in comparison to what we have at our disposal in that position is baffling. You said earlier that Clarke would bring him on, on the hour mark ......or just after. He didn't. Clarke is a stubborn arsehole at times who will not admit that he got it wrong or adapt. Shankland should have been on from the start tonight, to to get him ingrained into that team before the Euros,  as opposedto playingthe tried and tested Dykes. Clarke is a stubborn arrogant dick 

:rofl:

Utter nonsense. Good rant though. 

You are truly clueless bud. 

No Idle Talk
2 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

So this will be a test of his management in that case. My suspicion is that Shankland is now at the very forefront of his mind. Given how motivated that should make Shanks I would have thought it can only be a good thing for Hearts over the next couple of months! 

Let's hope so mate. A hat-trick in the Scottish Cup semi-final would surely pique Steve Clarke's interest.

:Shanks:

If he’s still scoring for us the rest of the season (he will be) he’s starting. Blunder of all blunders of Clarke decides otherwise. Hopefully he’s learned from his blunder at the last euros starting a keeper who was warming the bench instead of Craig Gordon. 

Luckies1874
3 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

He started in Holland, but guaranteed he’s not in Clarkes mind to be starting against Germany. It’s a friendly, so what have you got to lose starting Shankland over Dykes. What did he learn tonight from starting Dykes, other than he was honking. If he has any intention of taking Shankland, give him the chance to shine at international level.

That is pure guess work on your part. He is far nearer to starting in Munich now than he was on Friday afternoon. he may start against the Swiss, who knows. 

luckyBatistuta

That is pure guess work on your part. He is far nearer to starting in Munich now than he was on Friday afternoon. he may start against the Swiss, who knows. 

Hope you’re right bud🤞

Go for it 1308
3 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Mate...you're football tactics and brain are up your arse...no offence 👍

PaddysBar
14 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

He's much better than Clark and Kelly. And it's not close. 

Gordon of course at his peak is a giant of Scottish football and way ahead. But he can't even get in the Hearts side which has made the whole hating moot. So blame Naisy or blame Craig for not kicking up shit to get more game time! 

I don’t think he’s much better than Clark to be honest but just my opinion. 

Clark has upped his game big time since Gordon reappeared. 

I still think Gordon is the best we have, by a fair distance but appreciate he’s not been playing much👍

Go for it 1308
Just now, Go for it 1308 said:

6 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Ps , take the time to answer the other posters on here whom agree with me

Luckies1874

It's funny how you get people greeting about how he has favourites and is stubborn about selections and the minute you ask them to name their side, presumably so much better a side than Steve Clarke's, you never hear a thing and they disappear :pleasing:

All this nonsense about him not trying keepers - the only keeper anywhere close to Gunn is Craig Gordon with over 70 caps already so hardly needing the experience, a Scottish great but not getting a game for Hearts. More important the No1 is given time in the team so close to the Euro's. We hear about fringe players - Shanks and Ferguson are the only true fringe players who have come into the squad who could break into the midfield or up front and both got good minutes over the 2 games. So who are these players? It's just all hot air. 

Luckies1874
3 minutes ago, Go for it 1308 said:

Forgotten more than you'll ever know bud. 

Bunny Munro
17 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Who are they though? 

Ralston should have started at RB, Patterson was shocking on Friday and if Hickey doesn't make the Euros we need someone else.

Ferguson deserved a start as a number 10, probably ahead of Christie.

gregzy2k7

💯 

He is the man,

The best striker Scotland has by a country mile.

Go for it 1308
Just now, Luckies1874 said:

That's why you're on here...ffs😂

Armageddon
45 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

He's shown very little in the 90mins he's had over last 2 games.  Only saving grace for him is nobody else looked anywhere near the standard either.

Sounds harsh to say but cannot help but feel we're the perfect level for him.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 Sensational 🤗

Luckies1874
1 minute ago, Bunny Munro said:

Ralston should have started at RB, Patterson was shocking on Friday and if Hickey doesn't make the Euros we need someone else.

Ferguson deserved a start as a number 10, probably ahead of Christie.

You know as well as I do if Ralston had started there would have been more criticism for that decision than Patterson got for his nightmare performance!  😂

He did more in his first 5 minutes on the pitch than Dykes did all game

Jambof3tornado
18 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

Clarke is a head in the sand dinosaur.

Luckies1874
Just now, Jambof3tornado said:

Clarke is a head in the sand dinosaur.

Still waiting on your team that is so much better than what Clarke will pick! 

karipidis
44 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Eh?

What he said. Scotland looked most threatening when Shankland has been on the park. Bizarre not thinking he should be starting for Scotland 

saxondale
56 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

He's shown very little in the 90mins he's had over last 2 games.  Only saving grace for him is nobody else looked anywhere near the standard either.

Sounds harsh to say but cannot help but feel we're the perfect level for him.

Do you think you're seeing (or not seeing) something nearly every pundit and journalist in the game isn't?

He has clearly impressed in the very little time he has been given.

That's not from a maroon perspective, that's from a football perspective.

DG_HMFC
1 hour ago, Go for it 1308 said:

Shankland,  first name on that team sheet to start upfront in the Euros ? He's definitely a starter for me.

He should be, but he won't be.

I've got to be honest my first choice would be scores the winner in the cup final, gets injured late in the game, misses the Euros, signs a new contract.

All he does for Scotland is act as a magnet for criticism from non Hearts fans while the established players in that team escape scot free despite playing poorly. Not worth the hassle Shanks.

From the perspective of an away fan tonight, Scotlands problem runs far deeper than just who starts up front. 

Not a single player in that side capable of taking a man on. Everything was little triangles before lumping the ball into the box. 

PaddysBar
5 minutes ago, Bender said:

From the perspective of an away fan tonight, Scotlands problem runs far deeper than just who starts up front. 

Not a single player in that side capable of taking a man on. Everything was little triangles before lumping the ball into the box. 

That’s true tonight but we were by far the better team against Holland on Friday for 60 mins so whilst tonight was poor, don’t assume we have deep running problems, it was just an off night, with 82% possession. 

You should be concentrating on your own team’s positives. Good shape, defending. Looks like a decent crop coming through for NI. 

Scotland will be fine👍 A big summer ahead of us. 

Go for it 1308
1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Coz clarkes a dinosaur and sticks with his favourites rather than playing form players!

Totally agree 👍 

Clarke is an arrogant prick who only knows how to play one way.  Even when he changes the team shape it’s because it’s forced on him.  Playing a big useless battering ram in a friendly at home to NI is embarrassing.  

PaddysBar
1 minute ago, Arry said:

Clarke is an arrogant prick who only knows how to play one way.  Even when he changes the team shape it’s because it’s forced on him.  Playing a big useless battering ram in a friendly at home to NI is embarrassing.  

Scotland have been good for the last few years despite him. 

He was lucky to inherit a decent pool of players. 

gordon simpson
1 hour ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

Adams and dykes have had their chance. 

Its not working. 

Insane to stick with it, so I think he will. 

Ferguson or Shanks I'm afraid. 

Also, Patterson. 

Wouldn't let him wash the team bus after that tonight. 

he would wash the wrong bus useless bassa so he is

10 minutes ago, PaddysBar said:

That’s true tonight but we were by far the better team against Holland on Friday for 60 mins so whilst tonight was poor, don’t assume we have deep running problems, it was just an off night, with 82% possession. 

You should be concentrating on your own team’s positives. Good shape, defending. Looks like a decent crop coming through for NI. 

Scotland will be fine👍 A big summer ahead of us. 

100%, delighted with the performance and win after a tough couple of years. 

Just something I noticed at the game. There didn’t seem to be much of a plan b for Scotland until Adams and Shanks came on. And even then their service was pretty minimal. 

Very strange feeling to will Shanks not to score. 

GBJambo

He should start . He brings more to the game than any other options we have 

Luckies1874
30 minutes ago, Jodami said:

All he does for Scotland is act as a magnet for criticism from non Hearts fans while the established players in that team escape scot free despite playing poorly. Not worth the hassle Shanks.

You mustn't read many other sites on social media. 

I'm pretty sure Shanks would think your thoughts are completely idiotic btw. Will be the highlight of his career being in Germany with his country. 

Luckies1874
30 minutes ago, Bender said:

Given our fixture next month I hope Naismith watched N.Ireland's performance closely tonight because they did absolutely everything Hearts usually fail to do against Rangers at Hampden. It was like their World Cup Final and virtually every player won their individual battle. Wasn't pretty much of it but they battled and tackled and fought their way to a win that clearly meant a lot to them. There was never any chance they were turning up and having their belly tickled. I hope we go there and play aggressively and with concentration and desire like your mob managed tonight as it's our only chance of a positive result.