Vargas signs

jambo1998

Ian Black 8

Class bit of business by the Jambos 🇱🇻🇱🇻 if Kenny kicks on n does well he will command a decent transfer fee in the future 

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kingantti1874

• bobskeldon

• Chimp

• The Hogfather

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Darkwhisky7

Well done Hearts, great news. I’m sure you’ll kick on to greater things with us Kenny. 

Malinga the Swinga

Very happy with signing and length of contract. Well on the way to building a decent squad.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Good darts. The only thing that can set him back is a long injury. He has so much potential.

Turkishcap

Liked his attitude from the off though I only see him fleetingly out here.

That and our 3 pre contracts available for pre season.

tazhearts

Given he's got a Mrs and a young child, you've got to think he'll now look to bring them over to Edinburgh.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Very happy to see this happen officially although much expected. Vargas has a great attitude and the potential is there for all to see. Just a tweak or two needed on his composure when one on one and his goal tally could well be impressive next season. I wonder if we should be looking for someone else from Vargas's homeland or at least the Central/ South American market as a whole? 

Edited by All roads lead to Gorgie

Gorgi1874

Chuffed with this, especially as I can see Shanks heading for the exit this summer, same as Cochrane and Grant

Borders Jambo

Delighted with this. Would like to see KV cement his starting place now.

Australis

The longer we have Shanks the more Kenneth will learn from him.

Hope he pick up on the, shoot on sight part of Shanks game and how quickly he pulls the trigger.

Brick Tamland

Great signing, shown some real potential and will only get better and better. Well done Hearts. 

3 minutes ago, Australis said:

The longer we have Shanks the more Kenneth will learn from him.

Hope he pick up on the, shoot on sight part of Shanks game and how quickly he pulls the trigger.

He will definitely learn a lot from Shanks, although of all the things I don't think shooting on sight is one of them. He already does that and isn't scared to pull the trigger. It's learning he doesn't have to lace it every time I'd say. The calm side footed finish against Livi away shows he's capable but he just needs to be more consistent with his finishing and that will come over time. Has a tendency to get a wee rush of blood to the head but once everything comes together with more experience he could be a top player.

TheBigO
3 hours ago, Chimp said:

He will definitely learn a lot from Shanks, although of all the things I don't think shooting on sight is one of them. He already does that and isn't scared to pull the trigger. It's learning he doesn't have to lace it every time I'd say. The calm side footed finish against Livi away shows he's capable but he just needs to be more consistent with his finishing and that will come over time. Has a tendency to get a wee rush of blood to the head but once everything comes together with more experience he could be a top player.

Absolutely.  The guy is so positive and dynamic and has bags of skill too.  He's shown he can be a very good finisher, but he's also shown he'll sometimes be a bit raw and just try to smash it.  I've no doubt that'll come.  Great piece of business.  Kid has a huge upside.

49 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Absolutely.  The guy is so positive and dynamic and has bags of skill too.  He's shown he can be a very good finisher, but he's also shown he'll sometimes be a bit raw and just try to smash it.  I've no doubt that'll come.  Great piece of business.  Kid has a huge upside.

100% 👍

Vlad Magic

Just for confirmation?

Is Savage currently “in” or “oot”?

Havent been keeping up.

manaliveits105
5 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Just for confirmation?

Havent been keeping up.

🤣

jamboinglasgow
28 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Just for confirmation?

Havent been keeping up.

If we lose the next game its "oot"

If win the next game its "in"

34 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Just for confirmation?

Havent been keeping up.

Savage has done some outstanding business for us. If you think how difficult it is for us to sign good players and all the caveats to that - are they good enough, affordability, do they want to come here etc... when there's a million clubs that pay more. It has to be tough. Much tougher than being a DoF at Man City for example where it's merely a case of "how much". 

Kent, Hoff and Vargas have been great signings this season. 

I hope Savage stays a while longer yet and builds us a team that can challenge. Until he's got near that then he's probably not accomplished what he's set out to do here. 

On 26/03/2024 at 15:06, jambo1998 said:

Been feeling unwell last week or so. That has made me feel so much better.  :pleasing:

JimmyCant

Away for a week and got 4 minutes of game time. Comes with the territory  I suppose but 4 minutes ! 

davemclaren
7 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Away for a week and got 4 minutes of game time. Comes with the territory  I suppose but 4 minutes ! 

Some get none. 🤷

Class of 75

Great news Hearts. I like the way Vargas plays and he has developed well over the season. Good signing.

tian447

I love him. He's got the makings of being a cult hero, and more than that if he's here for most of those 5 years. 

Needs to get his head up sometimes and look for the pass, but he's still young enough to learn.  He's adapting quite nicely to our game, and there is so much more to come from him. 

Viva Ken Vargas :yas:

Varg-yas! 

13 hours ago, tian447 said:

I love him. He's got the makings of being a cult hero, and more than that if he's here for most of those 5 years. 

Needs to get his head up sometimes and look for the pass, but he's still young enough to learn.  He's adapting quite nicely to our game, and there is so much more to come from him. 

Viva Ken Vargas :yas:

Varg-yas! 

Why a cult hero and not just a hero?

Very excited to watch him develop over the next few years, most exciting youngster we've had in a good while! He's got a bit of everything. 

tian447
38 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Why a cult hero and not just a hero?

Very excited to watch him develop over the next few years, most exciting youngster we've had in a good while! He's got a bit of everything. 

"a cult hero, and more than that"

Just now, tian447 said:

"a cult hero, and more than that"

Just don't get the "cult" thing! that usually means they're only loved by a small group even without great success. I don't see any reason so far why he's got the makings of a player who'd only be in the cult bracket. He seems to be well liked by the majority of fans and he really could become a top player for us. I'm not having a dig btw, I just think that term is used in the wrong situation sometimes. 

I can really see him giving us some memorable moments in maroon in the future. He's certainly due a wonder strike after a couple of close ones and for one of them to go in against Hibs would be glorious.

Opinionated Jambo

It is a great piece of business from Hearts. 5 year deal is a bonus aswell. Hopefully now his future is sorted he can continue to impress and get better as the months go on

• 4 weeks later...
Uncle Buck

Surprised there’s not a thread on this little ***** tonight.

Sad that we’re stuck with him for 5 years. 

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

Pretty harsh imo 

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

Calm yer tits. He's good and will get better. Still only 22

Cameronstheman

Disappointing for sure but he was not alone

Think the players will make up for it next week and rightly so 

Nelly Terraces

He really needs to improve & do so quickly as I think he's well below the level required right now.

GinRummy

Going to be a cracking player for us. Delighted to sign him up on a long term deal and if he had came through our youth ranks folk would be a lot more patient with him. 

Chaka Demus & pliers

He's clearly got ability and desire but his decision making needs improved massively. 

PapaShango

His decision making was poor but that will come. He’s raw but I’m not writing him off he’s shown previously that he has got ability and one game at Hampden against Rangers doesn’t suddenly make you crap.

SeaOfMaroon
12 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

One of the worst posts I've seen on here 

Decision making will get better under the guidance of Naisy and hopefully Shankland.

Break out season for him and I am confident we will see even more to come next year.

AC Mallin_51

Vargas is a good player and a really exciting prospect. I actually felt he was nipping at Rangers defence yesterday, winning the ball, forcing errors. It’s his decision making that seriously lets him down. It’s clear to see he’s 21 and extremely naive at times. A bit of composure from him yesterday and we could very well have a cup final to look forward to (not that I’m pinning yesterday solely on him) another notable example was the last derby at tynecastle. I feel like he does the hard part and does so much right but when it comes to staying composed and making the right decision he really needs to mature. As I said I’m excited by having him tied down, I reckon he’s going to be a great player for us. But for me at the moment Oda is a better all round player. He caused Butland more problems in 10 minutes than Kenny did in 70

Chose the wrong day to be hesitant and indecisive.  It was his first big game on neutral soil , so the occasion may have affected him. 

Did more to force errors out of the Rangers defence than anyone. His end product wasn't great, but he was far from the worst player on the park. He's had a good first season all things considered. 

luckyBatistuta
14 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

2 hours ago, SeaOfMaroon said:

One of the worst posts I've seen on here 

With you on that, a pathetic post. One of the worst I’ve seen and there really has been some real shockers since the end of yesterday’s game. 

The Hogfather

It's almost as if there's a correlation between a poor Hearts result and the over entitled wallopers flooding out in force.

Players have poor games. Get over it.

Borders Jambo
3 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

It's almost as if there's a correlation between a poor Hearts result and the over entitled wallopers flooding out in force.

Players have poor games. Get over it.

This. That post by Uncle Buck is a shocker. 

12 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

He really needs to improve & do so quickly as I think he's well below the level required right now.

I’ve never been convinced about him and was very surprised we gave him a five year contract. I am looking forward to all the experts telling me just how wrong I am and at some point he will be brilliant because he needs time, because he is “a kid”, he isn’t 16, he is 21! He isn’t good enough now and I would be surprised if he is still here when he is 26, not because he has been sold because he is so good, more that he remains ineffective!