Vargas signs

jambo1998

Henroddy

Could have written this script at the final whistle  Vargas scores a goal or 2 and some on here are screaming for him to be signed on a permanent deal.

He had a poor game on Sun so some think he's not good enough to be near 1st team.

Bar shankland the same reactions have been made all season on every player. They play well they could be sold for millions. Follow that by a poor game and they're absolutely shit! 

The players in the squad are neither of these things.

Edited by Henroddy

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kingantti1874

• bobskeldon

• Chimp

• The Hogfather

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

FarmerTweedy
2 hours ago, bobskeldon said:

What I can’t understand is why people supporting the clubs decision to award 21 year old Vargas with a 5 year contract because “it will come” aren’t asking why Tait only got three years? If being a ‘prospect and only 21’ is the criteria used by many on here to defend the five year deal for Vargas, why has 18 year old Tait who is significantly better technically, on another planet in terms of decision making and three years younger got less? 

I'd hazard a guess they're probably not asking that because he didn't only get three years. 

Borders Jambo
3 hours ago, Homme said:

Vargas is a great wee player. Can't wait to see him kick on further next year.

He's had a great first season.

This.

Uncle Buck, you are wrong, in my opinion. 

Naismith wouldn't have given that length of contract if he didn't see it.

bobskeldon
1 hour ago, B4 Part B said:

The bit in bold is the key bit eh? Desperately waiting on your congratulations for being right about him all along, sad.

No, just responding to anyone who suggested that my opinion on Vargas was related to yesterdays game. Do keep up!

B4 Part B
11 hours ago, bobskeldon said:

No, just responding to anyone who suggested that my opinion on Vargas was related to yesterdays game. Do keep up!

Thanks for proving my point 👍

HopeDiouf
12 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Quite confident Vargas will deliver.

me too. I reckon we'll sell Vargas for a lot of money in a few years time.  He's raw but has all the ingredients needed.  Composure and decision making will come with games and experience.

2 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Much prefer Oda.👍

Oda is a winger and Vargas is a striker though. Would say that I prefer Oda when he's wide as it's a more natural position for him. Vargas is completely wasted out on the right IMO and doesn't suit his strengths and style of play. He should be playing on the last man and he's shown how dangerous can be when deployed there.

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, Chimp said:

Oda is a winger and Vargas is a striker though. Would say that I prefer Oda when he's wide as it's a more natural position for him. Vargas is completely wasted out on the right IMO and doesn't suit his strengths and style of play. He should be playing on the last man and he's shown how dangerous can be when deployed there.

Yep, didn't get the logic behind him starting there on Sunday...particularly as Oda scored the week before and played a big part in the win. Probably confused the lad more than anything.

1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Yep, didn't get the logic behind him starting there on Sunday...particularly as Oda scored the week before and played a big part in the win. Probably confused the lad more than anything.

Yeah the big park would have suited Oda well too. Giving him a proper chance to get going as he's absolutely rapid over long distances. 

I understand Naismith playing Vargas as he doesn't want to leave him out because he's got quality but playing players out of position rarely works very well. Most of his best games he's played through the middle as a striker.

13 hours ago, Borders Jambo said:

This.

Uncle Buck, you are wrong, in my opinion. 

Naismith wouldn't have given that length of contract if he didn't see it.

Rowles got a 5 year deal too and it would be fair to say many remain far from convinced by him either.

Thought Vargas was more of a threat on Sunday than he was in the LC semi. That's not saying much I suppose. 

Still staggered that Naismith played Shankland and Grant in the same starting 11 at Hampden after the last time. 

Edited by Carter

10 minutes ago, Carter said:

Still staggered that Naismith played Shankland and Grant in the same starting 11 at Hampden after the last time. 

I thought Grant was off the pace. Ball yards away and he just jogs around instead of pressing.

There's a few players who didn't fully turn up. Vargas will get better though.

6 minutes ago, kila said:

I thought Grant was off the pace. Ball yards away and he just jogs around instead of pressing.

There's a few players who didn't fully turn up. Vargas will get better though.

That's Grant's style though. He'll do it all at his own pace. One or two guys will get shown the door this summer who might feel they've not had a good opportunity to stake a claim. Grant won't be one of them. He's had ample opportunity and he's failed to take them. He's got decent quality at times but he's got no legs or urgency and that's just not compatible with the game in Scotland. 

Dhanda looks at upgrade.

Edited by Carter

jamboinglasgow
2 hours ago, HopeDiouf said:

me too. I reckon we'll sell Vargas for a lot of money in a few years time.  He's raw but has all the ingredients needed.  Composure and decision making will come with games and experience.

I do agree. I think it can be underestimated how much Vargas has had to adapt to this season and still have reasonable success. He moved away from home for the first time, away from his wife and young son, in a country where he has to learn a new language, playing a much higher level of football, at a club where he is facing more pressure than he had before. 

This season is all about settling in, I do think he is further ahead in that then people thought, next season with everything more settled for him is about growing, thats where composure and decision making should improve, hopefully along with more service from those around him. 

RustyRightPeg

Just seen a photo of Vargas' chance to cross to Forrest on Sunday on Twitter/X. Can't link it and send it in but I'm sure someone will soon. No two ways about it, an absolute shocker - borderline inexcusable. Not even composure, I've just no idea what he's seen to turn back?

42 minutes ago, Carter said:

That's Grant's style though. He'll do it all at his own pace. One or two guys will get shown the door this summer who might feel they've not had a good opportunity to stake a claim. Grant won't be one of them. He's had ample opportunity and he's failed to take them. He's got decent quality at times but he's got no legs or urgency and that's just not compatible with the game in Scotland. 

Dhanda looks at upgrade.

Totally agree, been saying this for ages. Still yet to see him deliver a MOTM type performance where he was a complete stand out. For every one of his nice passes or touches there are many shockers. Dhanda is definitely a superior player and shown he can perform to a high standard consistently in this league.  Grant might be kept on for squad depth but I'd be more than happy to see him moved on and his fairly high wages used elsewhere.

16 hours ago, Henroddy said:

Could have written this script at the final whistle  Vargas scores a goal or 2 and some on here are screaming for him to be signed on a permanent deal.

He had a poor game on Sun so some think he's not good enough to be near 1st team.

Bar shankland the same reactions have been made all season on every player. They play well they could be sold for millions. Follow that by a poor game and they're absolutely shit! 

The players in the squad are neither of these things.

He cannot play wide needs to be central and possibly we have a good player. 

Got to give the benefit of the doubt the managers obviously see something to give such a large contract. 

Edited by mr fox
Ff

RustyRightPeg

We ended up at our right back about ten seconds after this with no rangers player touching the ball 😂

IMG_5233.jpeg

9 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

We ended up at our right back about ten seconds after this with no rangers player touching the ball 😂

IMG_5233.jpeg

:banghead2:

The highlights showed he's continued into the box, I think tried to pull the keeper out of position abit more.   It didn't work out.    Yeah, it's frustrating the chances we had to pass, shoot or tackle but completely bottled it.   

Not good enough when we're going into Europe next season.  New signings needed I'd say.   A learning curve for some but others I think their times up. 

Vargas on a learning curve.   Hopefully it's a mistake that never happens again.   Unlikely ☺ just have more success at least. 

24 minutes ago, mr fox said:

He cannot play wide needs to be central and possibly we have a good player. 

Got to give the benefit of the doubt the managers obviously see something to give such a large contract. 

The managers see something and I do too, along with plenty other supporters.

HopeDiouf
1 hour ago, Chimp said:

Totally agree, been saying this for ages. Still yet to see him deliver a MOTM type performance where he was a complete stand out. For every one of his nice passes or touches there are many shockers. Dhanda is definitely a superior player and shown he can perform to a high standard consistently in this league.  Grant might be kept on for squad depth but I'd be more than happy to see him moved on and his fairly high wages used elsewhere.

How much is he on?

32 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

How much is he on?

Don't know the exact figure obviously but apparently on decent wage.