Calum Elliott New Bonnyrigg Rose Boss

Libertarian

davemclaren
34 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Last 7 league games. 5 defeats, 2 draws.  

That is typically close to manager sacking territory. But 8 years and all that was achieved is pretty tough. 

They did flirt with relegation last season as well but eventually stayed up. I think a new manager was probably needed but the timing isn't great. 

hmfcbilly
12 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I agree with your analysis. Clyde hsve brought in Ian McColl who has a wealth of experience and has certainly turned them around. Not looking good for the Rose. 

I hope I'm wrong Dave but can't see the logic in what Bonnyrigg have done in getting rid of Horne for Elliott. The Rose have done brilliantly the last few seasons and have a decent attendance for the lower leagues. Be a shame to see them drop out but if they do, the league table doesn't lie sadly 

mscjambo
18 hours ago, hmfcbilly said:

I hope I'm wrong Dave but can't see the logic in what Bonnyrigg have done in getting rid of Horne for Elliott. The Rose have done brilliantly the last few seasons and have a decent attendance for the lower leagues. Be a shame to see them drop out but if they do, the league table doesn't lie sadly 

I watch a bit of Bonnyrigg and financially Bonnyrigg aren't amongst the bigger spenders. Robbie has been extremely loyal to a core of players and its brought him lots of success. 

The pitch hasn't helped them this season, the clyde game he was struggling for players with injuries and illness..Robbie in many ways is an old school good old fashioned manager rather than a coach in terms of patterns of play and a particular style.

I've not seen enough of Callum Elliott the manager to know what he brings to the table.

Fundamentally the Rose don't score enough goals and injuries to key players haven't helped. Time will tell if this appointment is a progressive move. Recent form under Robbie unfortunately wasn't good 

davemclaren
Just now, mscjambo said:

I watch a bit of Bonnyrigg and financially Bonnyrigg aren't amongst the bigger spenders. Robbie has been extremely loyal to a core of players and its brought him lots of success. 

The pitch hasn't helped them this season, the clyde game he was struggling for players with injuries and illness..Robbie in many ways is an old school good old fashioned manager rather than a coach in terms of patterns of play and a particular style.

I've not seen enough of Callum Elliott the manager to know what he brings to the table.

Fundamentally the Rose don't score enough goals and injuries to key players haven't helped. Time will tell if this appointment is a progressive move. Recent form under Robbie unfortunately wasn't good 

Yip, hard to see where the goals will come from in the remaining fixtures. 

mscjambo
8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Yip, hard to see where the goals will come from in the remaining fixtures. 

Big Keys needs runners round him. For me cm and lack of legs there has been a massive issue.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, mscjambo said:

Big Keys needs runners round him. For me cm and lack of legs there has been a massive issue.

Aye, he's only a bit faster than me. 

mscjambo
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Aye, he's only a bit faster than me. 

Love his manner on the park.

My pal calls him the honeymonster 

Needs a proper strike partner.

Barrett has done well

davemclaren
12 minutes ago, mscjambo said:

Love his manner on the park.

My pal calls him the honeymonster 

Needs a proper strike partner.

Barrett has done well

👍

rudi must stay

A few years ago I was on a training day for one of those door to door businesses, I wasnt great at it and it never went anywhere. Elliot was in one of the houses and despite not being interested he struck me as a good guy very quiet not a big shot. 

gorgierulesapply88

Used to skive school, when I was younger and lucky enough to become pals with Calum.

Once 1st team players had disappeared I'd be invited upstairs to canteen for a bite to eat etc. Then go into the indoor pitch and do a bit work with Calum, who was putting in extra work Frail Pressley Webster etc all told me to goto school but back then i'd only recently found where my mum stayed after not seeing her since i was around 5 yewrs old.

Struck up a friendship with Steve Banks son and Patrick Kisnorbo who I still speak with now so in many ways thankful for what Cal done for me.

gorgierulesapply88

I think Calums brother Ross was on the books of Chelsea as a youngster I could be wrong.