squad for germany named

Charlie-Brown

Gigolo-Aunt
But Makela isn't a Robbo or Negri or even a Velicka...........

I never said he was.

My point was that possibly a right parter for Juho would compinsate for Juho's flaws in other parts of his game.

When we have a player who does do good work outside the box, the line gets trotted out that he does not score a lot of goals.

When we have someone who hits the back of the net more often that not, the line gets trotted out that he only scores goals but does not do enough outside the box and does not make clever runs.

I apprecitae that we will not always play with two up top, but when we do play with two, how about pairing players together whose strengths and weakness compinsate each other?

The Marco Negri part was just a bit of added info.

:)

rumbles1874

am happy with this squad makela has done what we have asked of him and now deserves his chance, and why not take the young guys out as got to remember that if the guys who are not going if they are fit they will still be getting put through there paces

The People's Chimp

makela has to be given a chance. a run of at least 5 games, up front, perhaps with nade if fit, and maybe glen coming off the bench. i really think he has a lot of SPL goals in him.

The other 4 you metion have worked hard to earn their chance. That's the difference mate.

There is a hell of a lot of more younger players who have worked hard but have not been called up. They would quite rightly look upon a Copil call up as a showing that hard work counts for nothing.

Copil going to Germany should be a reward for hard work and nothing less.

Partially agree with what you are saying GA however I think ability should be a priority when considering places up for grabs. Of course hard work should be considered and rewarded but ability wins you matches. Not everyone in a team is a hard worker.

I saw Elliot out last night. Would it be considered libelous to report on what i saw him do to someone that annoyed him?

Gigolo-Aunt
Partially agree with what you are saying GA however I think ability should be a priority when considering places up for grabs. Of course hard work should be considered and rewarded but ability wins you matches.

Hard work is not enough to make the step up, it has obviously got to be coupled with ability.

However, ability alone should not get rewarded. It totally sends out the wrong message to the other players plying their trade in the younger age groups.

Ability and good attitude = deserved step up the ladder.

Christ, Im starting to sound like David Brent.

:confused:

Chad Sexington
Hard work is not enough to make the step up, it has obviously got to be coupled with ability.

However, ability alone should not get rewarded. It totally sends out the wrong message to the other players plying their trade in the younger age groups.

Ability and good attitude = deserved step up the ladder.

Christ, Im starting to sound like David Brent.

:confused:

"People say I'm the best boss. They go, 'Oh, we've never worked in a place like this before, you're such a laugh. You get the best out of us.' And I go, you know, 'C'est la vie.' If that's true - excellent." - Gigalo-Aunt at his work 2008.

Drylaw Hearts
I saw Elliot out last night. Would it be considered libelous to report on what i saw him do to someone that annoyed him?

Did it involve a camera and some weird dance moves ?

Gigolo-Aunt
"People say I'm the best boss. They go, 'Oh, we've never worked in a place like this before, you're such a laugh. You get the best out of us.' And I go, you know, 'C'est la vie.' If that's true - excellent." - Gigalo-Aunt at his work 2008.

:P

The goatee beard is being grown.

Only a Game
makela has to be given a chance. a run of at least 5 games, up front, perhaps with nade if fit, and maybe glen coming off the bench. i really think he has a lot of SPL goals in him.
The problem being that 5 games is a big chunk of the league programme (13%)and if your main striker doesnt do the business in 5 games then you'll probably find youve slipped back further than you wanted.

Harder to do than to say but what we really need is a new signing ( or 2) who can step in there and click right away.

Then you'd have the luxury of being able to bring Makela off the bench more and more often and for longer spells

Only a Game

He was mouthing at one of my younger colleagues in a boozer just a couple of weeks ago ( and he was sh\t faced)

Did it involve a camera and some weird dance moves ?

Even better, involved him punching someone and it was quite a good one given his rather inebriated state.

The Wicker Man
can someone post the fixtures and dates of the friendly's in germany please

Rheingau-Auswahl - Wed 23rd 19:00 ( 18:00 uk time )

Kaiserslautern - Friday 25th 19:00

SV Wehen Wiiesbaden - Tue 29th 19:00

Chad Sexington
Even better, involved him punching someone and it was quite a good one given his rather inebriated state.

If that's true, it would appear the lad is losing the plot big time.

He really needs to get away from Hearts. :sad:

Dirk Diggler

Fact of the matter is, he is putting himself in a position where stories like this will appear whether true or not, Much like Riordan and Co of a few years back.

I understand players need to have a social life, but they also must realise they have a responsibility to the club who employs them and to themselves as athletes.

They can't have it all their own way.

It's pretty obvious to me that he's on his way out after his exclusion in the squad heading off to Germany.

Best for everyone.

Ive seen our very own Billy Elliott out a number of times. Not only is he a pretty guff footballer he is also a complete plum of the highest order. My mate had to help him up of the floor in a nightclub on george st one night, instead of thanking him he verbally abused him, my mates not the violent type which is lucky for Elliott because he's 6'4 and built like a tank.

Id be very happy if his career dives and he ends up playing juniors and gets booted up the erse in every game. He gives nothing to the team and is far more concerned with lining his pockets and acting the big man. GTF.

Anyway, back to the thread topic.

Looks a decent enough squad but I share the concerns about messrs Audrey and Ivaskevicius. Can see why Miko and Chesney were taken as on their day (which admittedly happens about once a season) they are very good players. I hope Chesney can get over his injury problems and start playing well. Mind his goal in the semi final a couple seasons ago against the 'tic? Superb. Its just we never see it consistantly.

Copil should NOT have travelled in my opinion. I agree it would send out the wrong message to others.

With regards to Makela I am torn. IF we start playing with 2 up front then we can afford 1 player in a "Kris Boyd" mould. Which looking at our squad would be him. Like Poppy he does nothing for 89 minutes a game but if in the 1 minute he comes alive he scores then he has justified his inclusion.

Can you really blame him

Whether he delivers on the field or not the treatment of him by so called hearts fans is utterly disgusting, add to that the opposition fans and I doubt he gets a second of peace from people

Are you really saying if you had the same downright hassle and abuse aimed at your regularly you wouldnt eventually snap?

Tbh have run into him a few times in clubs and he has always seemed perfectly ok

It is true but tbf to Elliot the guy was slapping him on the head, it wasnt like he was looking to punch someone.

Gigolo-Aunt

Copil should NOT have travelled in my opinion. I agree it would send out the wrong message to others.

With regards to Makela I am torn. IF we start playing with 2 up front then we can afford 1 player in a "Kris Boyd" mould. Which looking at our squad would be him. Like Poppy he does nothing for 89 minutes a game but if in the 1 minute he comes alive he scores then he has justified his inclusion.

Spot on.

Chad Sexington
Can you really blame him

Are you really saying if you had the same downright hassle and abuse aimed at your regularly you wouldnt eventually snap?

I would get myself out of the situation and move to a club where the fans were less hostile to me.

I certainly wouldn't be in the town, sh*t faced drunk, swinging punches at people.

The problem seems to be the establishments Elliott goes too.

Edinburgh is a very small capital city where there isnt a great deal of nightclubs that are not populated by neds. He chooses to go to places like Cavendish and bars on George Street. He doesnt have the brains to realise he IS going to get hassle and that if he chooses to drink in these places problems will arise.

I am pre-empting the "he should be able to drink where he wants" replies. In an ideal world yes, thats true. But its not. He needs to grow up, realise how fortunate he is to be making more money than the average man, playing for Hearts (which is a dream for normal guys like us) and act like a professional athlete. Until he does this he gets no sympathy from me.

Ryan Gosling
DC,

Did you just cut and paste that from the Official Site? If so, would it be very anal of me to suggest that the order of the players is interesting?

The youngsters are last, the two goalkeepers are first and then the remainder of the first team squad follows. Zaliukas, Ivaskevicius and Ksanavicius "bringing up the rear".

Am I clutching at straws, but are they "reserves"? If I am not seeing things, then Mikoliunas and Cesnauskis would be first team squad members, which I would have no problem with and the three rubbish ones are reserves.

THAT would be a step in the right direction IMO.

I think it could represent the new squad numbers mate - MacDonald apart.

Hearts squad for trip to Germany: Steve Banks, Jamie MacDonald, Lee Wallace, Christophe Berra, Christos Karipidis, Ruben Palazuelos, Saulius Mikoliunas, Larry Kingston, Andrew Driver, Christian Nade, Juho Makela, Deividas Cesnauskis, Jamie Mole, Eggert Jonsson, Michael Stewart, Marius Zaliukas, Kestutis Ivaskevicius, Audrius Ksanavicius, Ryan McGowan, David Templeton, Matej Rapnik, Gary Glen, Jonathan Brown, Steven Husband.

Banks 1

MacDonald 13

Wallace 3

Berra 4

Karipidis 5

Palazuelos 6

Mikoliunas 7

Kingston 10

Driver 11

Nade 14

Makela 15

Cesnauskis 18

Mole 19

Jonsson 21

Stewart 23

Zaliukas 26

Ivaskevicius 28

Ksanavicius 29

Then the youths.

Greedy_Jambo

Robbie was on talk 107 last night. He said he has been told to stay behind and work on his fitness because he still has problems with his stomach and achilles. after he had hung up the guys on the show said he should just call it a day and find a new club.

Also.. when asked about obua, he seemed to think the guy was defo going to sign from what he said. (in my opinion)

Can you really blame him

Whether he delivers on the field or not the treatment of him by so called hearts fans is utterly disgusting, add to that the opposition fans and I doubt he gets a second of peace from people

Tbh have run into him a few times in clubs and he has always seemed perfectly ok

Oh the irony -- Prancer the man who spends a lot of his time abusing the performances of many of our youngsters and squad (as well as half of kickback) tells the rest of us that we really shouldn't do the same to Elliot

Next time somebody 'snaps' at your comments you really don't have a leg to stand on do you. :rolleyes:

I think it could represent the new squad numbers mate - MacDonald apart.

Hearts squad for trip to Germany: Steve Banks, Jamie MacDonald, Lee Wallace, Christophe Berra, Christos Karipidis, Ruben Palazuelos, Saulius Mikoliunas, Larry Kingston, Andrew Driver, Christian Nade, Juho Makela, Deividas Cesnauskis, Jamie Mole, Eggert Jonsson, Michael Stewart, Marius Zaliukas, Kestutis Ivaskevicius, Audrius Ksanavicius, Ryan McGowan, David Templeton, Matej Rapnik, Gary Glen, Jonathan Brown, Steven Husband.

Banks 1

MacDonald 13

Wallace 3

Berra 4

Karipidis 5

Palazuelos 6

Mikoliunas 7

Kingston 10

Driver 11

Nade 14

Makela 15

Cesnauskis 18

Mole 19

Jonsson 21

Stewart 23

Zaliukas 26

Ivaskevicius 28

Ksanavicius 29

Then the youths.

Damn! :(

Ach well, let's hope that Laszlo sorts out the squad when he is over there!:)

Dirk Diggler
I know, trust it to be his name they forgot to put on the list!

Wouldn't be the Hearts site if they got it all right.

I did wonder when I seen his name missing.

With Robbie not there, A chance to impress the new man.

Salvatore's Tash
Wouldn't be the Hearts site if they got it all right.

I did wonder when I seen his name missing.

With Robbie not there, A chance to impress the new man.

Big chance. Only natural RB. In fact him and Wallace are only fullbacks travelling. Add maybe Karipidis but thats it.

Only a Game
He was mouthing at one of my younger colleagues in a boozer just a couple of weeks ago ( and he was sh\t faced)

Yet a significant number of posters on here would rather see him in a Hearts jersey than Derek Riordan ( because Riordan's a wee thug dont you know)

Thats at least 4 "incidents" of a Riordan type nature that Elliott has been involved in in the last six months. I dont think Riordan has even been up the town in all that time.

Yet a significant number of posters on here would rather see him in a Hearts jersey than Derek Riordan ( because Riordan's a wee thug dont you know)

Thats at least 4 "incidents" of a Riordan type nature that Elliott has been involved in in the last six months. I dont think Riordan has even been up the town in all that time.

As stated on another thread, I could not care less what a football player does off the field if he is superb on the field.

I personally would love to see Riordan at Hearts, scores for fun and would be a success here.

A saw Ksnavicius and Zaliukas in Reebok and Calvin Klein at McArthur Glen in Livi the day ...when do the team leave a herd it was today ???

Salvatore's Tash
A saw Ksnavicius and Zaliukas in Reebok and Calvin Klein at McArthur Glen in Livi the day ...when do the team leave a herd it was today ???

Tomorrow late afternoon. Training first.

Can you really blame him

Spot on mate, just to a say after reading a lot of your posts I always seem to agree with you. Don't understand why people give you so much stick..

anyways the abuse Elliot recieves is over the top to be honest, which has made it nearly impossible for him to stay at Hearts.

Rheingau-Auswahl - Wed 23rd 19:00 ( 18:00 uk time )

Kaiserslautern - Friday 25th 19:00

SV Wehen Wiiesbaden - Tue 29th 19:00

according to kaiserlautern website it's a 18.00 kick off.

Chad Sexington
Spot on mate, just to a say after reading a lot of your posts I always seem to agree with you. Don't understand why people give you so much stick..

anyways the abuse Elliot recieves is over the top to be honest, which has made it nearly impossible for him to stay at Hearts.

Hi Prancer.

:)

Archived