Does anyone actually pay to watch football on viaplay?

bobby bombscare

bobby bombscare

Obviously cup games and international games are now on viaplay (I think unless chances in SFA, prem games will follow...). 

But got me thinking, I know plenty folk with a dodgy stick or whatever but I don't know of anyone who actually pays for it like they did sky sports.  Does anyone on here actually pay the monthly cost for viaplay?

HopeDiouf

I signed up to a cheap deal they had a wee while back - was something like 60 quid for the year.  Seemed reasonable value at the time.  

McNelly15

Terrible channel and thankfully away at the end if the season. Its going back to Premier sports.. not that that's any better 🤣

Fort Vallance
Just now, HopeDiouf said:

I signed up to a cheap deal they had a wee while back - was something like 60 quid for the year.  Seemed reasonable value at the time.  

I did the same. Our league Cup games were on. Scotland and La Liga. Good deal for £60. I'd do the same again for the same price but I doubt that offer will be back on the table. Certainly wouldn't touch their monthly subscription. 

HopeDiouf
Just now, Fort Vallance said:

I did the same. Our league Cup games were on. Scotland and La Liga. Good deal for £60. I'd do the same again for the same price but I doubt that offer will be back on the table. Certainly wouldn't touch their monthly subscription. 

yep, was same.  Hearts cup games plus the scotland games.  Also had a few bonus games on there I wouldn't have watched otherwise - would say I've had good value for what I paid.

Jambo in Bathgate

Only buy a month pass and cancel after game if it’s a Hearts away game. Saved a fortune this year with all our three cup games on BBC. Won’t buy semi final month pass as I’ll be there. Do the same with Sky ! 

davemclaren
14 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

I got it for £60 pa as well. 

Sure I bought a month under the Premier Sports guise. Would probably never do it again though. 

Section Q

Had a falling out with them after signing up. They're based in Singapore and their coverage for Australia was over rated.

Got my money back...

Pasquale for King

Not even all the pubs pay to have it as part of their deal 😆. Fawa etc are the way forward to watch the games. 

dannymack
1 hour ago, bobby bombscare said:

Obviously cup games and international games are now on viaplay (I think unless chances in SFA, prem games will follow...). 

But got me thinking, I know plenty folk with a dodgy stick or whatever but I don't know of anyone who actually pays for it like they did sky sports.  Does anyone on here actually pay the monthly cost for viaplay?

what-you-talkin-bout-willis-quote-1.jpg

WASTREL
1 hour ago, bobby bombscare said:

Those options might soon be a thing of the past.  My dodgy stick has been taken off line and we think the guy behind it UK wide is being prosecuted or fled the country... so I am now looking for other options for next seasons European/English/Scottish football viewing on weeks or days when Hearts are playing away.

Got a deal last year to watch the Scotland games. I forget to look at it other times to see what’s on 

Polonia Gorgie

I got it as part of my Amazon Prime deal, it's quite a shite app to be honest 

I have done sporadically for when we've been on it.

I absolutely do not as a matter of course pay for ViaPlay though.

I do have sky sports and TNT sports.

Edited by Taffin

2 hours ago, bobby bombscare said:

58 minutes ago, dannymack said:

what-you-talkin-bout-willis-quote-1.jpg

Only Romanov had the dodgy golden stick

Fozzyonthefence
27 minutes ago, Polonia Gorgie said:

I got it as part of my Amazon Prime deal, it's quite a shite app to be honest 

What’s the deal with Amazon Prime?  I have that but didn’t realise you could get Viaplay through it?

henryheart
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

I got it for £60 pa as well. 

Likewise. I thoroughly enjoy the coverage of Spanish football and rugby. For me it has been money well spent. Buying a dodgy stick is never an option for me; why would I want to support the lifestyle of criminals rather than give what is really a small sum over a year to a broadcaster that gives me a service that I'm happy with that puts money into sport and the club that I support?

Polonia Gorgie
Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

What’s the deal with Amazon Prime?  I have that but didn’t realise you could get Viaplay through it?

I thinks it's about £6.99 a month, you can get quite a number of add ones, like the history channel and discovery etc etc 

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, Polonia Gorgie said:

I thinks it's about £6.99 a month, you can get quite a number of add ones, like the history channel and discovery etc etc 

Cheers, might look into it. 

Fozzyonthefence
5 minutes ago, henryheart said:

Likewise. I thoroughly enjoy the coverage of Spanish football and rugby. For me it has been money well spent. Buying a dodgy stick is never an option for me; why would I want to support the lifestyle of criminals rather than give what is really a small sum over a year to a broadcaster that gives me a service that I'm happy with that puts money into sport and the club that I support?

Hardly puts anything into the club you support though, that’s the problem.  And as far as Scottish football goes they’re only interested in Rangers and Celtic, same as Sky in that respect.  

Bull's-eye

Yes, buy it through Amazon then cancel next week when the games are finished.

Its easy.

Tommy Brown

I had Virgin and would add it on for both Scotland games then cancel.

Cancelled Virgin and back to Freeview and Freesat.

What's a a firestick:whistling:

Daveandal

Sky, BBC, TNT/BT, Premier Sport, Via Play...

It's all just the same small pool of pundits usually talking mince. Only difference is the logo.

bobby bombscare
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

Only buy a month pass and cancel after game if it’s a Hearts away game. Saved a fortune this year with all our three cup games on BBC. Won’t buy semi final month pass as I’ll be there. Do the same with Sky ! 

I'm happy to pay for sky (well, now tv) cause I get spl, premier league, championship and F1 on it so its ov value but 3 Cup games and a couple.scotland games isn't enough to convince me to spend what viaplay are wanting.

Edited by bobby bombscare

bobby bombscare
2 hours ago, Disco Ball said:

Those options might soon be a thing of the past.  My dodgy stick has been taken off line and we think the guy behind it UK wide is being prosecuted or fled the country... so I am now looking for other options for next seasons European/English/Scottish football viewing on weeks or days when Hearts are playing away.

Yeah, they're determined to put football behind a pay wall. I mind growing up watching football on the telly most weekends when my dad didnt really car about it. Now, if your mum or dad isn't into football you've got no chance. 

2 hours ago, Disco Ball said:

Put Kodi on a firestick, then sign up for real-debrid to get premium content.

You can check out Troypoint for how to set it up, you will probably need a vpn also, got all movies, tv shows,netflix, disney, amazon, sports channels, news, pretty much covers everything.

If you need help drop me a Pm and I can walk you through the steps.

I signed up for a free trial ages ago, cancelled before they started to charge me but they haven't ever turned off the channels and they aren't charging me for it 

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, Taffin said:

I have done sporadically for when we've been on it.

I absolutely do not as a matter of course pay for ViaPlay though.

I do have sky sports and TNT sports.

I had them all but have binned the lot after skys recent price rises,phoned up for a better deal and got offered £2 a month off......nah feck you. Even downgraded netflix from £17 a month down to the basic £4-99 package. They're all on the rob!!

Ex member of the SaS
1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

I had Virgin and would add it on for both Scotland games then cancel.

Cancelled Virgin and back to Freeview and Freesat.

What's a a firestick:whistling:

It's a piece of wood used to light a fire. Thought everyone knew that!😜

WASTREL
38 minutes ago, Neon said:

Put Kodi on a firestick, then sign up for real-debrid to get premium content.

You can check out Troypoint for how to set it up, you will probably need a vpn also, got all movies, tv shows,netflix, disney, amazon, sports channels, news, pretty much covers everything.

If you need help drop me a Pm and I can walk you through the steps.

Thank you very much for this heads up.  I am not the brightest when it comes to techi stuff but I will definately give it a look tomorrow.  On my old Hookey Stick everything was preloaded for me by the seller of the "software" by installing an App on the stick.  I will investigate what I need to do to "load onto" my Amazon Firestick.  See I dont even know what a DM is and where to find it .😀

Edited by Disco Ball

Oda be a JT
3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Not even all the pubs pay to have it as part of their deal 😆. Fawa etc are the way forward to watch the games. 

If a game isn’t on sky or TNT (was BT) or Cooncil telly then it’s fawa for me - although have had to watch on an older Amazon kindle/tablet rather than my spanking new iPad - constant cuts out or buffers on iPad where as it’s fine on the android device, maybe down to different security I guess.

tian447
4 hours ago, HopeDiouf said:

Me too!  Think it cost about £59 which seemed like great value for a year's worth of Nations League, Scottish Cup, Euro2024 qualifying and other International games.

Just remember to cancel it before it auto renews at the full price.  Mine is sometime around the start of June, so it's worth logging in and double checking when yours expires! :thumbsup: 

Pasquale for King
58 minutes ago, Oda be a JT said:

If a game isn’t on sky or TNT (was BT) or Cooncil telly then it’s fawa for me - although have had to watch on an older Amazon kindle/tablet rather than my spanking new iPad - constant cuts out or buffers on iPad where as it’s fine on the android device, maybe down to different security I guess.

I watch it on my phone and it’s usually fine tbh 👍🏽

Pasquale for King
38 minutes ago, RENE said:

Can you get fawanews on the telly?

You can probably link it from a device to a smart tv, but I’m no tech wizard tbh. 

12 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You can probably link it from a device to a smart tv, but I’m no tech wizard tbh. 

OK. Thanks Pasquale.

joondalupjambo
3 hours ago, Polonia Gorgie said:

You also got an option of buying one game.  Think I watched a Derby game from Easter Road via that Viaplay in Amazon option.  Maybe a tenner I think which was a good deal.  So one offs as well as subscription is possible depending on the game.

BigAlim

Dodgy fire stick is the way to go, so I’m told anyway 

I've had it for a few years now as Mrs 1953 likes Edinburgh and Glasgow rugby. We don't watch anything else apart from that and Scottish football. 

The Treasurer
6 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Hardly puts anything into the club you support though, that’s the problem.  And as far as Scottish football goes they’re only interested in Rangers and Celtic, same as Sky in that respect.  

Same as every media outlet 

Jambo-Fox

Bring back the ‘Squarial’, David Livingstone and BSB (British Satellite Broadcasting)!

After ‘crossing the border’ I relied on back page cut outs of the Evening News and Daily Record posted (lovingly?!) every week by my mother in law!

Then in c. 1982 along came a dream … Hearts games live on a new TV broadcasting medium, hosted by David Livingstone!!

Worthing Jambo
5 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Bring back the ‘Squarial’, David Livingstone and BSB (British Satellite Broadcasting)!

After ‘crossing the border’ I relied on back page cut outs of the Evening News and Daily Record posted (lovingly?!) every week by my mother in law!

Then in c. 1982 along came a dream … Hearts games live on a new TV broadcasting medium, hosted by David Livingstone!!

I’m with you on that one.

Devasted when Sky took them over, as the BSB technology was far superior.

Did you not tune in To 810AM?

Only worked in the winter🤣