Rowles

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

Just scored for Australia v Lebanon. Baccus scared the first with a Hagi-esque cross come shot.

PapaShango
1 minute ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Just scored for Australia v Lebanon. Baccus scared the first with a Hagi-esque cross come shot.

I like Rowles, however he needs to be playing with a strong defender next to him like Kent. I never want to see him and Sibbick as the pairing ever again. 

Jack Torrance

Hopefully first of many goals and saves from our international players during the break. Followed by a safe injury-free return. 🤞

Everywhere you go...

Good stuff. We could do with adding a few goals from our centre backs.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Having seen the goal the Guardian a tad unkind :rofl:

image.png.002a93a4ea7c7b466b42d0089cf10c5b.png

Jim Panzee
39 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Is he Australian? 

I never knew....... 😊

32 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

:stunned:

WTF 😂 

I thought it was a quality finish.   Not a slice at all. 

Rowles started in a back four LCB, changed to back five LCB then finished in a back four again but as a LB. 

Done alright.   Distribution OK.   Got on some near post corners.   Gets a goal.   Happy days. 

:fonzie:

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
33 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

Is he Australian? 

I never knew....... 😊

He might have scored for Lebanon. 🤔

Jim Panzee
24 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

He might have scored for Lebanon. 🤔

we might have austro-lebanese players now?! why, oh why, oh why. send them back. all of them. and further. 😆

image.jpeg.51e3f8b5ee06ed757059177738626e8d.jpeg

Americana
50 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

:stunned:

WTF 😂 

I thought it was a quality finish.   Not a slice at all. 

It had all the pace of Jane Park running for a pie at half time. 

colinmaroon
2 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Par for the worst paper.

Jim Panzee
15 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

I want @Greedy Jambo’s take on this before I can process it fully. 

I'm sure he'll argue he's no finnish....he's only 28

DalryJambo
6 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

I recon the reporter nails it! A goals a goal though! 

Gundermann
8 hours ago, Jim Panzee said:

Is he Australian? 

I never knew....... 😊

He's Lebanese,  no? Got an OG. Get rid.

queensferryjambo

Good goal.

I like Rowles, let's never forget that his save at Easter Road was every bit as good as Zander Clark's ;) 

Greedy Jambo
7 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

I want @Greedy Jambo’s take on this before I can process it fully. 

Sell him while he's hot imo, don't make the same mistake again. 

Jim_Duncan
3 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Or we could add another five years onto his contract?

10 hours ago, PapaShango said:

I like Rowles, however he needs to be playing with a strong defender next to him like Kent. I never want to see him and Sibbick as the pairing ever again. 

Dreadful paired with Sibbick. You could almost singularly pinpoint that as the area that way central to our collapse last season. 

Greedy Jambo
7 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Or we could add another five years onto his contract?

After one scuffed goal that came off his shin?

Section Q
20 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

This. He needs a Souttar or Kent/Halket next to him to be effective. 

Greedy Jambo
4 minutes ago, Section Q said:

This. He needs a Souttar or Kent/Halket next to him to be effective. 

Yeah, he's not a bad defender, but he's not tall enough, and he's built like a vegan, he's made no effort to bulk up either. I'd be happy for him to keep playing well for Australia and for us to sell him on for a decent profit. 

Section Q
8 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Yeah, he's not a bad defender, but he's not tall enough, and he's built like a vegan, he's made no effort to bulk up either. I'd be happy for him to keep playing well for Australia and for us to sell him on for a decent profit. 

If him and Atkinson turn it on for Australia, and Shanks has a good Euros we could get a few bob coming in. We didn't miss Rowles or Atkinson when they were on inter duty in January.

Greedy Jambo
1 minute ago, Section Q said:

If him and Atkinson turn it on for Australia, and Shanks has a good Euros we could get a few bob coming in. We didn't miss Rowles or Atkinson when they were on inter duty in January.

I doubt Atkinson can turn his oven on, but here's hoping. 

Section Q
10 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Agree, but he's first pick for Australia in his position. Arnold loves him.....

Greedy Jambo
11 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Agree, but he's first pick for Australia in his position. Arnold loves him.....

Is he? Either they don't have any other options or Arnold is getting sacked soon. 

Australia is not a nation we should be looking at if we want to progress. 

Their best players are out of our budget, and there's only a few of them, the rest are all pretty meh.

Happy with the progress Niuewenhof has made though. He's obviously from Germany though, with that name haha

Edited by Greedy Jambo

Section Q
1 hour ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Is he? Either they don't have any other options or Arnold is getting sacked soon. 

Australia is not a nation we should be looking at if we want to progress. 

Their best players are out of our budget, and there's only a few of them, the rest are all pretty meh.

Happy with the progress Niuewenhof has made though. He's obviously from Germany though, with that name haha

I wasn't suggesting we should be looking at Australia. Australia's national team aren't near as good as the Tim Cahill era. And yes Arnold loves Atkinson. If we can believe the press, then we've agreed to sign 3 SPFL players who are out of contract at the end of the season. Not an Aussie in sight.....👍

chester copperpot
2 minutes ago, Section Q said:

I wasn't suggesting we should be looking at Australia. Australia's national team aren't near as good as the Tim Cahill era. And yes Arnold loves Atkinson. If we can believe the press, then we've agreed to sign 3 SPFL players who are out of contract at the end of the season. Not an Aussie in sight.....👍

Got to the knock out stages at the last World Cup tho.

10 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Very good point 🤙

2 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

If we can get 7 figures for him, I'd take that all day long. 

Pasquale for King

Knew it was unlikely to be a header. Not exactly top class opposition.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, OTT said:

If we can get 7 figures for him, I'd take that all day long. 

Absolutely 

Section Q
1 hour ago, chester copperpot said:

Yep. They lifted their game and played as a team.

Arnold seems to get more out of Atkinson than we do.

And lucky Devlin eh........!

john thomas
3 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

6'1" 

Jim Panzee
9 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Brilliant post.

Not tall enough - Franco Baresi, Carles Puyol, Javier Mascherano, Fabio Cannavaro weren't too shabby.....

built like a vegan? - here is a random vegan body builder (nimai delgado) I found on the internet:

image.jpeg.acc58e27900949f30080d84432a46f3f.jpeg

no effort to bulk up? - you're privy to the conditioning of players? you know for certain he was 'told to bulk up'? You think the manager who punted snodgrass and humphrys without batting an eyelid would continue to play Rowles if he thought he wasn't good enough regardless of size? 

Greedy Jambo?  Stuck in the 70's Jambo more like 😁

GinRummy

Well done Kye. He was a bit unlucky not to get a couple more goals last season, hopefully gives him a bit of confidence when he’s is the opponents box. 

Fozzyonthefence
21 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Well done Kye. He was a bit unlucky not to get a couple more goals last season, hopefully gives him a bit of confidence when he’s is the opponents box. 

Let’s settle for him having more confidence around his own box first!  Without Kent he’s a bit lacking in that department.  Confidence always a good thing though but I don’t see the guy being an automatic pick next season.  Not in a back 4 anyway.  

GinRummy
Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

Let’s settle for him having more confidence around his own box first!  Without Kent he’s a bit lacking in that department.  Confidence always a good thing though but I don’t see the guy being an automatic pick next season.  Not in a back 4 anyway.  

I think he’s improved a bit. Him and Kent seemed to have developed a good understanding earlier this season. 

In saying that, I’ve thought for a while this summer would see some major changes in our squad with a few leaving for cash. Would imagine that’s Cochrane leaving and wouldn’t be surprised at a fair few more moving on including Shankland, Sibbick, Grant, Rowles and Atkinson, for various reasons. 

Fozzyonthefence
9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I think he’s improved a bit. Him and Kent seemed to have developed a good understanding earlier this season. 

In saying that, I’ve thought for a while this summer would see some major changes in our squad with a few leaving for cash. Would imagine that’s Cochrane leaving and wouldn’t be surprised at a fair few more moving on including Shankland, Sibbick, Grant, Rowles and Atkinson, for various reasons. 

I think you’re right, although will be hard to get cash for a few of those you listed.  We look like we’ve already made some astute signings on free transfers for next season so might be more of a case of freeing up wages and just taking a small hit on some of those (I can’t see us being hard to deal with on Grant, Sibbick or Atkinson, although need a RB in first, possibly even two, before Atkinson goes). 

I do think Naismith will be wanting to move on a fair number as this team still isn’t playing in the manner he is looking for but I don’t think we have many sellable assets so it could prove difficult if still a year or two on contracts left.  

RustyRightPeg

Not sure if anyone has seen the clips on the Soccerroos instagram page.

His family were at the game, Mum, Dad and Brother. It looks as though his mum is going through chemotherapy at the moment. She was crying when he scored, which puts things into perspective. 

If Kye has had a wobbly, I'd say the bigger picture matters. Kingsley was given some leniency for off the field issues, I'd say others should be open minded about this.

gordon simpson
13 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

So you think we’ll get millions for both Atkinson and Rowles and are calling those that disagree with you pr1cks and know nothing about football?!😂

Didn’t you say earlier you were 68 today?  Happy birthday but I’d have hoped at your age you would be the one with a better understanding of football by now!

Thanks for the birthday wishes .

My piss gets boiled by our fans who cannot do F.all but have a dig at  players 

Corstorphine Jambo

He’s not the aggressive centre half that probably most of us wish for, but he’s grown on me this season. One particular thing I like is that when he passes the ball out to Cochrane, and we do that a fair bit, there’s zip in the pass. Cochrane isn’t standing waiting on it while getting closed down. Sounds like a basic, but our other centre halves can be guilty of rolling it out wide.

AndrewB
On 21/03/2024 at 13:13, colinmaroon said:

Par for the worst paper.

I put a lot of store on what paper people read.  Also, people who don’t rate The Guardian aren’t really my sort of people.  

Their Australian edition is excellent also and their coverage of Australian sport tremendous.

Fozzyonthefence
59 minutes ago, gordon simpson said:

Thanks for the birthday wishes .

My piss gets boiled by our fans who cannot do F.all but have a dig at  players 

Sometimes it’s justified though, not really something to get worked up about.  JKB is a forum for discussing that sort of stuff, wouldn’t be much to talk about if we didn’t debate the merits of various players (and this is a thread about Rowles).  I’m sure most would agree that Atkinson is the weakest of our regular starters and it’s hardly unfair to suggest Rowles struggles with the physical demands of Scottish football.  I don’t see either of these two being first picks next season and would be surprised if at least one doesn’t move on. 

Mikey1874
1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Not sure if anyone has seen the clips on the Soccerroos instagram page.

His family were at the game, Mum, Dad and Brother. It looks as though his mum is going through chemotherapy at the moment. She was crying when he scored, which puts things into perspective.