Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ulysses
2 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

*except they’re in Dutch. 

All Greek to me.

(I'll get me coat)

On 22/03/2024 at 17:24, Ked said:

But would they know how we processed or got to that stage?

We look back at the engineering and haven't got a clue.

Although we forgot how to engineer a manned moon landing from 50 years ago .

We haven't forgotten how to do that, at all. We did, however, choose not to do it for quite some time because it is incredibly expensive and there was no pressing point after the NASA budget was reduced and the idea of going to Mars (Werner Von Braun's ultimate ambition) was put into stasis. 

When we build new banking systems, we don't dig up the old IBM S/360s but use state-of-the-art modern mainframes and networks. 

On 22/03/2024 at 17:59, Ked said:

I didn't see Ulys quote.

Both of you are wrong.

The evidence so far is well researched but it ignores and perhaps the original lines followed couldn't grasp the pieces of evidence that show mathematical engineering to a precision we are not capable of.

That's not theory.

As for way out answers .

Science and those theorists base it on math.

It seems with certainty that previous inhabitants had a different grasp that baffles us.

It's worth discussion no?

We've built this:

How to Do a CPU Stress Test | Why Stress Test Your PC | AVG
And this:
The Burj Khalifa | Guardian Glass

And this:

image.png.d2d159dbb96476dfee02eded36ec55d6.png

And this:

image.png.3c7a36654047403e2fdbd0500413a2eb.png

And this which actually slowed the earth's rotation:

image.png.7ca8d56d10a9bac69a3d5e89c52fee6a.png

And this: 

Particle accelerator - Wikipedia

And this:

SpaceX Lands All 3 Boosters of Its Falcon Heavy Rocket | WIRED~~

And this:

1*VtkcYG4e0aKRcXEQUBsAAw.jpeg

And this:

NASA's little helicopter on Mars has logged its last flight

And this:

CRISPR – a gene editing tool - Lab Associates

Do you really think a 4-sided, 8-sectional constructed pyramid would be a problem for us?

Edited by Gizmo

On 23/03/2024 at 18:39, Ulysses said:

A few posts up I mentioned a book that depressed me a bit.

The writer's name is David Farrier, Professor of Literature and the Environment at Edinburgh University. The book is called Footprints: In Search of Future Fossils

What it does is more or less the reverse of this thread and the reverse of how we normally think about history and the passage of very long eras of time.  Using a mix of science and speculation, he sets out how modern human cities will eventually decay and fossilise over millions of years, becoming as much a part of Earth's geological story as coal seams and dinosaur fossils.

Here's an extract, which is kind of about Shanghai.  Kind of.

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20210505-how-cities-will-fossilise

I was rather disappointed when the Anthropocene, marked as beginning in 1952 when we detonated a hydrogen bomb, was rejected by geologists as the name for our current epoch. 

Both because I believe we are in a new epoch and also because the band OMD (some might argue they are fossils...) released a superb song about this nascent epoch:

Ulysses
6 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

[...lots of evidence-based examples of some serious science and technology getting done by humans...]

[...]

[...]

[...]

Do you really think a 4-sided, 8-sectional constructed pyramid would be a problem for us?

And we'll now look at some coverage of reaction around the world to Gizmo's post:

tenor.gif?itemid=17243244

raw

tenor.gif?itemid=13573950

tenor.gif?itemid=13228278

17 hours ago, Gizmo said:

We haven't forgotten how to do that, at all. We did, however, choose not to do it for quite some time because it is incredibly expensive and there was no pressing point after the NASA budget was reduced and the idea of going to Mars (Werner Von Braun's ultimate ambition) was put into stasis. 

When we build new banking systems, we don't dig up the old IBM S/360s but use state-of-the-art modern mainframes and networks. 

We've built this:

How to Do a CPU Stress Test | Why Stress Test Your PC | AVG
And this:
The Burj Khalifa | Guardian Glass

And this:

image.png.d2d159dbb96476dfee02eded36ec55d6.png

And this:

image.png.3c7a36654047403e2fdbd0500413a2eb.png

And this which actually slowed the earth's rotation:

image.png.7ca8d56d10a9bac69a3d5e89c52fee6a.png

And this: 

Particle accelerator - Wikipedia

And this:

SpaceX Lands All 3 Boosters of Its Falcon Heavy Rocket | WIRED~~

And this:

1*VtkcYG4e0aKRcXEQUBsAAw.jpeg

And this:

NASA's little helicopter on Mars has logged its last flight

And this:

CRISPR – a gene editing tool - Lab Associates

But given the tech we think was available back then .

Yes.

But .

Given the tech we have now would still be a fantastic achievement to maintain a 1mm in the metre accuracy.

That's the structure as a whole .

There are intricacies in the build (from my source of knowledge so obviously ....)

Thar in no way marry up with the tools needed at what we think we know they possessed.

Didn't NASA say they hadn't kept the data so they didn't know how to do it?

1 hour ago, Ked said:

But given the tech we think was available back then .

Yes.

But .

Given the tech we have now would still be a fantastic achievement to maintain a 1mm in the metre accuracy.

That's the structure as a whole .

There are intricacies in the build (from my source of knowledge so obviously ....)

Thar in no way marry up with the tools needed at what we think we know they possessed.

Didn't NASA say they hadn't kept the data so they didn't know how to do it?

1mm precision is absolutely nothing to today's engineers. Technology allows us to work down to 1 micron tolerances and slice open DNA. 

NASA didn't retain all the data on Apollo simply because they moved on to other projects and Margaret Hamilton and her team won't handwrite 145,000 lines of code anymore than the TSB would resurrect an old S/360 IBM mainframe when they rebuilt (badly!!) their IT backbone when they split from Lloyds. Next moonshot will use modern computing, more advanced telemetry, 3D printed engines etc.

The pyramids exist, ergo they knew how to build them to those tolerances with the tools contemporary to that era. A great achievement, just like the stuff I posted contemporaneous to our era.  

Edited by Gizmo

47 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

1mm precision is absolutely nothing to today's engineers. Technology allows us to work down to 1 micron tolerances and slice open DNA. 

NASA didn't retain all the data on Apollo simply because they moved on to other projects and Margaret Hamilton and her team won't handwrite 145,000 lines of code anymore than the TSB would resurrect an old S/360 IBM mainframe when they rebuilt (badly!!) their IT backbone when they split from Lloyds. Next moonshot will use modern computing, more advanced telemetry, 3D printed engines etc.

The pyramids exist, ergo they knew how to build them to those tolerances with the tools contemporary to that era. A great achievement, just like the stuff I posted contemporaneous to our era.  

Again the  1mm tolerance in relation to the materials and supposed method doesn't marry up

The accuracy of the tonnage of rocks involved and micro engineering you refer as a comparison is probably equal.actually.

Lines of code and coding is mathematical .

I'd have thought there was governing formula.

You'd have thought such information would be stored and kept pristine.

If only for a record of the achievement.

Anyway the point I made was to refer to how knowledge can be lost.

And perhaps older more ancient civilisations had that.

25 minutes ago, Ked said:

Again the  1mm tolerance in relation to the materials and supposed method doesn't marry up

The accuracy of the tonnage of rocks involved and micro engineering you refer as a comparison is probably equal.actually.

Marry up to what, exactly? Your expectations that they were not advanced enough to measure and face off blocks to within 1mm tolerances? 

Lines of code and coding is mathematical .

I'd have thought there was governing formula.

You'd have thought such information would be stored and kept pristine.

If only for a record of the achievement.

We have a record of the achievement - there's a flag on the moon, hours of film of the astronauts landing, hundreds of photographs and we brought moon rocks back. The next moon lander could be powered by a smartphone running a few hundred lines of Python code. It won't, but it could. It probably will have AI |

Anyway the point I made was to refer to how knowledge can be lost.

And perhaps older more ancient civilisations had that.

I think you may be equating lost with discarded unless you argue for advanced ancient civilisations matching our abilities. That we would see since we've left indelible marks on the earth that will last millions of years, with our activities underground from boreholes, and mining to nuclear tests. 

On 25/03/2024 at 21:30, Gizmo said:

Marry up to what, exactly? Your expectations that they were not advanced enough to measure and face off blocks to within 1mm tolerances? 

We have a record of the achievement - there's a flag on the moon, hours of film of the astronauts landing, hundreds of photographs and we brought moon rocks back. The next moon lander could be powered by a smartphone running a few hundred lines of Python code. It won't, but it could. It probably will have AI |

I think you may be equating lost with discarded unless you argue for advanced ancient civilisations matching our abilities. That we would see since we've left indelible marks on the earth that will last millions of years, with our activities underground from boreholes, and mining to nuclear tests. 

I don't argue for anything .

I do question though.

And I can't help turning narratives on their head.

You Maple and Uly are like the no discussion of alternative view police.

Remind me of Chinese young commies.

🤣

Is there nothing you have seen regarding these structures that you find out of sync ?

Which I find at odds with your views on the question or theory of our thoughts?

In regards to us being computer generated?

1 minute ago, Ked said:

I don't argue for anything .

I do question though.

And I can't help turning narratives on their head.

🤣

Is there nothing you have seen regarding these structures that you find out of sync ?

Which I find at odds with your views on the question or theory of our thoughts?

In regards to us being computer generated?

The pyramids exist, thus the technology existed at the time to build them. They are impressive but then so are the Burj Khalifa and the ISS. What are you questioning/suggesting - something about the accuracy of the cuts? 

If you are referring to simulation theory, that's a thought experiment that is impossible to refute fully. I don't think my logic has been inconsistent.

Wish I knew what you were searching for dude. 

il Duce McTarkin
On 22/03/2024 at 17:59, Ked said:

As for way out answers .

Science and those theorists base it on math*.

It seems with certainty that previous inhabitants had a different grasp that baffles us.

It's worth discussion no?

*It's maths, you ****ing cretin.

16 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Wish I knew what you were searching for dude. 

So does Ked, but whatever it is, it's the journey there that really counts.

Ulysses
2 hours ago, Ked said:

Don't make me post a picture of Carlos again.  Just saying. :whistling:

Maple Leaf
14 hours ago, Ked said:

🤣

I'm sorry I've come across that way.  Paleontology and anthropology are two of my interests and I enjoy discussing them, and I enjoy hearing informed opinions.

It's just that when people start talking about printed circuit boards embedded in 300 million year coal seams, or aliens being involved in building the pyramids, my Bullshit Detector bell starts ringing furiously and I wait for the evidence to be given, usually in vain.  I'm very receptive to evidence of anything; quite intolerant of crazy stuff being quoted as fact.

On 21/03/2024 at 20:33, WorldChampions1902 said:

The number of ‘manufactured’ artefacts discovered embedded in coal seams around the world, would suggest that humans have inhabited this planet far longer than we realise. Coal takes around 300 million years to form.

Used to work in the'pits', and now and again would come across bits of stone that had plants imprinted on them. Brought an especially impressive home once, and my Daughter took it in to her school. Her teacher was impressed with it, and kept it in the school to show to anyone who was interested in it,

Never got it back 🤔

Ulysses
2 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

I'm sorry I've come across that way.  Paleontology and anthropology are two of my interests and I enjoy discussing them, and I enjoy hearing informed opinions.

It's just that when people start talking about printed circuit boards embedded in 300 million year coal seams, or aliens being involved in building the pyramids, my Bullshit Detector bell starts ringing furiously and I wait for the evidence to be given, usually in vain.  I'm very receptive to evidence of anything; quite intolerant of crazy stuff being quoted as fact.

I'm not sorry I come across that way.  Other than that I agree with what you say.  Sometimes I'm even more than open to evidence. For example, I'd be delighted if positive evidence of extraterrestrial life were found.

But mumbo jumbo is just that, and it's no substitute for information.  As well as that, the trouble with mumbo jumbo is that it stops people from paying attention to real things and real science.  The world is already full of astonishing stuff to behold, consider, and try to understand, and people don't need to waste their time and energy on fantasy.

So no, I'm not sorry. You're a more patient fella than I am. 

Maple Leaf
15 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Patience is an under-appreciated quality these days.  I think it comes with age!  :biggrin2:

henrysmithsgloves
1 hour ago, bairdy said:

Used to work in the'pits', and now and again would come across bits of stone that had plants imprinted on them. Brought an especially impressive home once, and my Daughter took it in to her school. Her teacher was impressed with it, and kept it in the school to show to anyone who was interested in it,

Never got it back 🤔

My auld man told me about a fossilised tree trunk in kinneil pit,It was dug out and was sitting pride of place in some miners garden in bo'ness😎

18 hours ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

*It's maths, you ****ing cretin.

So does Ked, but whatever it is, it's the journey there that really counts.

Can we not talk shite on here for a change I mean just warm conjecture

2 hours ago, Ulysses said:

I'm not sorry I come across that way.  Other than that I agree with what you say.  Sometimes I'm even more than open to evidence. For example, I'd be delighted if positive evidence of extraterrestrial life were found.

But mumbo jumbo is just that, and it's no substitute for information.  As well as that, the trouble with mumbo jumbo is that it stops people from paying attention to real things and real science.  The world is already full of astonishing stuff to behold, consider, and try to understand, and people don't need to waste their time and energy on fantasy.

One of my favourite posters .

Whose guts I hate .

2 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Patience is an under-appreciated quality these days.  I think it comes with age!  :biggrin2:

Which you've shown me many times.

Appreciated

At least I talked about it.

Whatever that means it's me.

I'd rather be me than Uly.

🤣🤣

Ulysses
49 minutes ago, Ked said:

One of my favourite posters .

Whose guts I hate .

It's just squiggles on a screen, that's all.  Get out in the fresh air for a while and it won't matter a bit.

Ulysses
49 minutes ago, Ked said:

I'd rather be me than Uly.

Surely you'd rather be you than anyone? ;)

il Duce McTarkin
57 minutes ago, Ked said:

Can we not talk shite on here for a change I mean just warm conjecture

'Course we can. 😄👍

1 hour ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

'Course we can. 😄👍

I'm guid at that mat.

Love it in fact.

😆

1 hour ago, Ulysses said:

It's just squiggles on a screen, that's all.  Get out in the fresh air for a while and it won't matter a bit.

For all our squiggles I know yirra a guid yin.

Very annoying just cos you always pull me up.

Very Very btw

😆

Polonia Gorgie

I think this is such an interesting topic, I've watched quite a lot of documentaries and podcasts on this stuff. I think the precision of some of the megaliths and pottery is mindboggling. In my opinion whoever built these must have had technology, there is no way that man power alone could cut and move these stones and lay them so perfectly.