• Watt-Zeefuik

• boag1874

• soonbe110

• A_A wehatethehibs

Watt-Zeefuik
2 hours ago, BigAlim said:

Christ I’m wondering if you know me now :lol:

LOL was just going for the emoji that was closest to "I'll drink to that."

Wasn't going to go through all the trouble of digging up the Leo DiCaprio gif.

gregzy2k7

If the alleged rumours that Gordon and the rest of dressing room didn't like him and asked Budge and McKinley for him to be binned, then he must have been a total wank imo.

Probably cost us 3rd place last season as well.

sirwalter
On 23/03/2024 at 10:46, Drylaw Hearts said:

I see Snodgrass thinks Liam Kelly should keep his place in the Euros squad ahead of Craig Gordon…….

Tells one all one needs to know concerning Snodgrass departure from Hearts.

Corstorphine Jambo

I see Snodgrass thinks Liam Kelly should keep his place in the Euros squad ahead of Craig Gordon…….

He can’t conceivably have said that with a straight face?

RustyRightPeg

Maybe the rumours of Craigie having him up against the wall are true...

boag1874
On 23/03/2024 at 09:15, OTT said:

Yep, I don't think you fall out with teammates in the manner he did unless you give a shit. 

We can criticise Snodgrass for many things, but I do genuinely believe he wanted the best for the team. Just struggled reconciling himself with the fact he wasn't the player he was and unfortunately, by the sounds of things some teammates were victims of that frustration. 

Stronger man management and tactics from Neilson could have saved that situation. We were playing a midfield 2, then Martindale/Robinson clocked about shutting down Snodgrass and it all fell by the wayside. If Robbie had shown any intelligence here, he could have went to a 3 man midfield, given Snodgrass options, and rotated who was picking the ball up from defence. Let Snodgrass go further forward where he could be more effective - he was an attacker that we were playing as a holding mid.. Similarly, getting him to reign his heid in when he was clearly bothering his teammates would have been good man management that clearly wasn't there. 

I don't know what Lee McCulloch brought to the club. If he was supposed to be the friendly players mate type coach, Gary Locke would have been a far more effective choice. There was a reason JJ, Paulo and McGlynn kept him around. Morale matters and it doesn't matter what the tactics are, a squad with rock bottom morale aren't going to perform. Given Naismith has kept Forrest, it sounds like he was the quality coach of the 3. 

This 100%

Watt-Zeefuik
On 24/03/2024 at 01:29, gregzy2k7 said:

If the alleged rumours that Gordon and the rest of dressing room didn't like him and asked Budge and McKinley for him to be binned, then he must have been a total wank imo.

Probably cost us 3rd place last season as well.

I'm pretty annoyed at Snoddy if there's truth in the rumors of him being what sounded like a total dick to our younger players in some weird notion of "tough love" gone horribly wrong. But at the end of the day that was Neilson and McCullcoh's responsibility.

Folks know I'm a Neilson fan but that's on him.