Litter epidemic.

Sarah O

ArcticJambo
5 hours ago, AndyNic said:

Last summer I was walking with my 6yo to the park... 2 lassies walking along just drop their litter on the pavement. I said come on lassies pick that up there's a bin is right there and they told me to **** off and called me a paedo :lol:

Little c****. 

Pretty much same happened to me, into the ticket office  having parked in Wardlaw Place/St. Tynie HS students heading back to school walking along Gorgie Rd with those takeaway catons and plastic forks just chucks it on the pavement with th ebin 5 yards behind him.  Told him to pick it up and put it in the bin, he just stares at me like what you on about. Says it's not his.  I say I just saw you chuck it. I say have some respect for your environment yourself. He jsut starts walking on, I say pick it uip he says **** off, I say pick it up, **** off!!

Probably 13/14 yrs old They're absolute dicks!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jim_Duncan

• Taffin

• il Duce McTarkin

• henrysmithsgloves

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jambof3tornado
3 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

Pretty much same happened to me, into the ticket office  having parked in Wardlaw Place/St. Tynie HS students heading back to school walking along Gorgie Rd with those takeaway catons and plastic forks just chucks it on the pavement with th ebin 5 yards behind him.  Told him to pick it up and put it in the bin, he just stares at me like what you on about. Says it's not his.  I say I just saw you chuck it. I say have some respect for your environment yourself. He jsut starts walking on, I say pick it uip he says **** off, I say pick it up, **** off!!

Yup but we've to save THEIR planet.

F### them the little bast####.

Percival King
10 hours ago, Cairneyhill Jambo said:

If they banned McDonalds tomorrow, the litter polluting the countryside would reduce by more than half overnight.

Boils my piss the amount of their shite is thrown out of wee boy racer cars or workies vans.

Some folk park up at Macdonalds, eat their happy meal, open their car doors, just drop their rubbish on the ground right next to their car then drive off. Even though there are bins just yards away. How ******* lazy.

Sarah O
29 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

Depressing as hell. 

Jim_Duncan
42 minutes ago, Percival King said:

Some folk park up at Macdonalds, eat their happy meal, open their car doors, just drop their rubbish on the ground right next to their car then drive off. Even though there are bins just yards away. How ******* lazy.

Which is a surprise given the usual stereotype of McDonalds-in-cars eaters as being real go-getter types. 

Jim_Duncan
57 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Yup but we've to save THEIR planet.

F### them the little bast####.

I’m away out to idle my diesel motor for an hour. 

il Duce McTarkin
6 hours ago, Taffin said:

Hold up. I've been reading Jim Duncan's posts thinking 'good poster, liking his style'...it's not the return of Jonesy is it?!?

Shoosht, you'll scare him off again.

Malinga the Swinga
6 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Then McDonalds should give people their food in edible containers. Fast food is a scourge. 

They could serve it in crispy lettuce leaves. 

8 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

Would you have been so brave if it was workies though Jonesy? 

:sergioyay:

:greggy:

tian447
6 hours ago, been here before said:

Dug owners have to be the mankiest *******s on the face of the planet.

Yeah, everyone with a dog is a ***** right enough. 

I use cornstarch poo bags which start degrading within about 30 minutes of getting wet, and carry multiple bags of shite for miles to stick it in a bin where it belongs when out walking the dog. 

I too blame the dogs for throwing wrappers, cans, bottles, and all sorts out their windows, dropping cigarette butts everywhere, and fly tipping in the countryside. 

Arseholes. 

I posted similar a year or so I think.

I was working in a rural development and the rubbish gathered in swails ditches hedges long grasses and woods was industrial.

The lack of beasties and wild life was notable even for a towny.

We've treated the place like a doss house and really the lack of society discipline in this matter perhaps could help wider matters if addressed.

Jim_Duncan
13 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Finally, some sense of agreement on here. 

Do The Dance

Where I live, they've taken away loads of the bins. On my typical dog walk, through the streets and around a park, I used to walk past 7 bins on the loop, this has reduced to 2 (and actually may be down to 1 now).

Still no excuse for dropping litter like.

tian447
1 hour ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Finally, some sense of agreement on here. 

Must be magical being so utterly miserable. 

I'm off to cuddle into the dog in bed, have a good one :)

been here before
5 hours ago, tian447 said:

I use cornstarch poo bags which start degrading within about 30 minutes of getting wet, and carry multiple bags of shite for miles to stick it in a bin where it belongs when out walking the dog. 

Who but an absolute clart would walk about with bags of animal shite in their pockets?

Manky *******s.

Edited by been here before

Skacelsid
21 hours ago, Cairneyhill Jambo said:

If they banned McDonalds tomorrow, the litter polluting the countryside would reduce by more than half overnight.

Boils my piss the amount of their shite is thrown out of wee boy racer cars or workies vans.

Throwing stuff from cars needs to be treated as a motoring offence and penalised with points and potentially a ban. These morons need to be taken on. There are plenty cctvs at Macdonalds etc and dash cams. Packaging could be coded and easily traceable to tie up with card purchases, there is a lot more can be done. Penalties can be community order litter picking in public places, shame them. Accepting this behaviour won't make it go away.

Rupert Pupkin

I mean how hard is it for you to keep your McDonald’s/KFC/any other fast food joints wrappers and boxes in the car till you get home, or can stop at a bin..

Polton Brae in Loanhead is littered with the shit, ans it’s not just teens as you frequently see Happy Meal boxes..

Doesn’t take much to hold on to that crisp bag or juice can either till you get to a bin..

It actually infuriates me the laziness of some folk..

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
21 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Good idea actually.

£250 fines dished out in the post, if it doesn't get paid within 6 weeks, then it doubles. Sort these scruffy c**** out.

Take their car off them.

tian447
4 hours ago, been here before said:

Who but an absolute clart would walk about with bags of animal shite in their pockets?

Manky *******s.

:rofl:

There is no way you actually believe people put the bags in their pockets. 

No ****ing way. 

Stuart Lyon

No room for any more litter in this bin outside the Raging Bull in Lothian Rd. Photo taken last Thursday evening.

IMG_0596.jpeg

Edited by Stuart Lyon

been here before
54 minutes ago, tian447 said:

:rofl:

There is no way you actually believe people put the bags in their pockets. 

No ****ing way. 

Pretty much every morning going through Meggetland.

A few regulars merrily scooping up their manky dugs steaming warm shite in a bag and into their coat pockets. Im presuming it helps keep them warm on winter mornings.

Not all of them though some just leave it steaming away on the verges or the grass football pitches for folk to walk in or fall in on the pitches whilst others throw their wee bags of shite into the trees.

Manky, manky *******s.

Edited by been here before

il Duce McTarkin

Dog walkers should throw their wee bags of shite at arsehole cyclists.

Edited by il Duce McTarkin

I live in Winchburgh there's a group of volunteers called the Winchburgh Wombles (anyone under 60 ask your elderly relatives). Every month they collect about 90-100 bags of litter. While it's sad that the councils don't have the manpower and funding to do this it shows what locals can achieve in their area. 

Fly tipping of tyres and old ripped out kitchens and bathrooms is still a big problem though.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
6 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

I live in Winchburgh there's a group of volunteers called the Winchburgh Wombles (anyone under 60 ask your elderly relatives). Every month they collect about 90-100 bags of litter. While it's sad that the councils don't have the manpower and funding to do this it shows what locals can achieve in their area. 

Fly tipping of tyres and old ripped out kitchens and bathrooms is still a big problem though.

Sounds similar to the Dalkeith Guerilla Gardeners https://m.facebook.com/groups/2664527433581560/?locale=en_GB.  Also Danderhall, Mayfield, etc too. It's good that they do it, but a shame that it is needed, now.

Gundermann
49 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

Dog walkers should throw their wee bags of shite at arsehole cyclists.

Mamils and dog-walkers are equally loathsome.

26 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Sounds similar to the Dalkeith Guerilla Gardeners https://m.facebook.com/groups/2664527433581560/?locale=en_GB.  Also Danderhall, Mayfield, etc too. It's good that they do it, but a shame that it is needed, now.

It's a shame it's necessary but good that people are happy to give up their free time for the greater good.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 minute ago, EIEIO said:

It's a shame it's necessary but good that people are happy to give up their free time for the greater good.

Yes. I just need to remember how bad the streets were before they started tidying up, and planting flowers, etc.

Jim_Duncan
10 hours ago, tian447 said:

Must be magical being so utterly miserable. 

I'm off to cuddle into the dog in bed, have a good one :)

Make sure that, when you enter him at crufts, nobody sees it. 

Jim_Duncan
1 hour ago, Stuart Lyon said:

No room for any more litter in this bin outside the Raging Bull in Lothian Rd. Photo taken last Thursday evening.

IMG_0596.jpeg

It’s okay, it’ll get cleared up next month. Or maybe the one after. 

You have to love the Einsteins that, on seeing a full bin, balance their litter on top of it or leave it in the street next to it. The bins at Blackford duck pond had some kind of dug shite pyramid going on last summer when the cleaners had better things to do, so the caring, sharing dog walkers decided the best thing was to put those silly wee green bags on top of it all. Clarts. 

Shooter McGavin

Seen a video a while ago of a fly tipper being tracked down, and they put all the s*ite he’d dumped in his garden

:sweeet:

7 hours ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Take their car off them.

No more drive-thru...sorted...👍

frankblack

The biggest litter issue is the schoolkids who leave the grounds en masse at lunchtime to go to the nearest chippies, McDonalds, or sandwich shop and throw their packaging on the ground on the way back.

Lock the wee *******s in and force them to take school dinners. 👍

Tommy Brown
23 hours ago, Morgan said:

:greggy:

Had noticed that for a while.

But where is Smithee these days?

Your good a noticing who's who, Morgan.

Cranston
11 hours ago, EIEIO said:

Why don't the Council have the manpower, or funding to clear litter? Its one of their main tasks, to keep their areas free from litter and fly tipping?

Jim_Duncan
5 minutes ago, Cranston said:

Why don't the Council have the manpower, or funding to clear litter? Its one of their main tasks, to keep their areas free from litter and fly tipping?

No, their main task appears to be to promote cycling. 

Cranston
Just now, Jim_Duncan said:

No, their main task appears to be to promote cycling. 

Yes, I agree unfortunately. They're neglecting their core duties to the citizens of Lothian. Providing a clean and litter free region is one of their core priorities. I'm sick fed up of vastly overpaid councillors etc, who think nothing of running up unsustainable city debts. They're a disgrace to be honest.

The character that has the tent next door to Superdrug on Princes Street today, the character with the intimidating dog, needs told about litter imo.

He/She also needs told that Princes Street is not a camp-site.  😀 

Jim_Duncan
1 minute ago, Morgan said:

The character that has the tent next door to Superdrug on Princes Street today, the character with the intimidating dog, needs told about litter imo.

He/She also needs told that Princes Street is not a camp-site.  😀 

Saw that the other day. Hopefully he/she gets help. What a sorry state of affairs for the individual, the city, and society. 

28 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Had noticed that for a while.

But where is Smithee these days?

Your good a noticing who's who, Morgan.

Smithee is still a member, Tom.

Just search for his log-in name, but upside down.  👍

1 minute ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Saw that the other day. Hopefully he/she gets help. What a sorry state of affairs for the individual, the city, and society. 

Yes, Jim.

That is just what my wife and I were saying.  👍

Jim_Duncan
1 minute ago, Morgan said:

Yes, Jim.

That is just what my wife and I were saying.  👍

Encountered a polite but scruffy young lad at Walsall station yesterday scrounging up a bit of cash to get to Shrewsbury. No idea if he was at it or not, but was happy to help him. Who knows but for the twists and turns of fate where any of us would be. 

Cranston
7 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Encountered a polite but scruffy young lad at Walsall station yesterday scrounging up a bit of cash to get to Shrewsbury. No idea if he was at it or not, but was happy to help him. Who knows but for the twists and turns of fate where any of us would be. 

Yep unfortunately, I know a guy who's struggling to get by, financially, and mentally, having lost his wife. He's seriously contemplating buying a cheap camper van, abandoning his flat, and disappearing. Very sad times.

Des Lynam
17 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

It's inevitable in these tough times that some will have to turn to prostitution. 

Cranston
8 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

It's inevitable in these tough times that some will have to turn to prostitution. 

Strange take on people on their downers. Are you experienced in male prostitution, user or provider?

Des Lynam
9 minutes ago, Cranston said:

Strange take on people on their downers. Are you experienced in male prostitution, user or provider?

I tend not to believe all i read on the internet. 

PM for more details though.....

GlasgoJambo

Mind the okden days when it was possible to go for a walk in the park without a takeaway coffee?

il Duce McTarkin
4 minutes ago, GlasgoJambo said:

Mind the okden days when it was possible to go for a walk in the park without a takeaway coffee?

I mind the olden days when it wasn't possible to get a decent takeaway coffee to go with your walk in the park, so can's of special brew had to do.

GlasgoJambo
2 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

I mind the olden days when it wasn't possible to get a decent takeaway coffee to go with your walk in the park, so can's of special brew had to do.

ahhh, simpler times

il Duce McTarkin
4 minutes ago, GlasgoJambo said:

ahhh, simpler times

Not all progress is progress, GJ. :(

PortyJambo
22 hours ago, EIEIO said:

22 hours ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

I can't help but think that, well intentioned as they are, these types of groups picking up litter (and there was one in Porty too) just give the council an excuse not to have to deal with the litter problem.

It's a Catch 22 scenario though, council can't/won't deal with the problem, so locals sick of it do it instead, which then means the council don't then have to do anything about it. Throw in the people who chuck their litter away seeing that it's "magically" removed the next time they go past and everyone, bar people that have to live with it, think the problem just goes away.