Shankland's penalty claim

Malinga the Swinga

The Treasurer

Shanklands reaction at the penalty incident is key, he gets straight back up and tries to win the ball. Doesn't claim for anything. 

So whether it was a penalty or not (I think it was), he definitely didn't dive and should not have been booked. 

Ex member of the SaS

Once again we get a ref in training that will never get near a bigots game. These new refs are obviously seen to be on a trial basis and deemed not good enough for the bigots but fine to screw over the rest of the league. Add in Beaton ( Celtic's moaning has done nothing to get him dropped ) into the mix and the rookie ref was never going to go against the older ref. We really have to get more cute when these refs are appointed to our games and especially cute when Beaton and co are involved.

colinmaroon
6 hours ago, Nessjambo67 said:

Some really bizarre decisions here mate I get that absolutely up for debate but come on we have to be happy with what’s gone on in the Hibs and Celtic games 2 softish pens and an upgraded yellow to red we’ll get some decisions and won’t get others 

Beaton on VAR for both games.

We weren't playing Celtic!!!

Maple Leaf
15 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

I totally agree.

No idea why he had to be there to kick off with, and btw, it was a penalty. Still, shouldn't be losing to RC, ffs!

That sums it up for me.

PaddysBar
3 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Once again we get a ref in training that will never get near a bigots game. These new refs are obviously seen to be on a trial basis and deemed not good enough for the bigots but fine to screw over the rest of the league. Add in Beaton ( Celtic's moaning has done nothing to get him dropped ) into the mix and the rookie ref was never going to go against the older ref. We really have to get more cute when these refs are appointed to our games and especially cute when Beaton and co are involved.

I was chatting to an old school pal of mine who was a grade 1 whistler recently and he mentioned the fast-tracking of young refs at the expense of older, experienced heads. 

I felt decisions were made far too quickly yesterday and we were shafted.