very unintelligent person.

Ehhh....

One five
1 minute ago, sac said:

The next Rudi as a few have said.

That would be nice .

Canscot
3 hours ago, SUTOL said:

India requires their players to have only Indian nationality. 

But due to their low Fifa ranking players like Dhanda would not be able to play in European leagues. 

Now that is bizarre🙄 

11 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

Is this actually confirmed? Or is someone just making stuff up again? If he had a Scottish mum I’d have expected Scotland to have been sniffing around him by now

No, it's not correct.  He has family connections up here, but his parents are from England, his Dad is of Punjabi background.  I think it's the case that his mother's side has relatives who live in Dalkeith and are Jambos, but there is no Scottish bloodline in his own pedigree.

5 minutes ago, RobNox said:

No, it's not correct.  He has family connections up here, but his parents are from England, his Dad is of Punjabi background.  I think it's the case that his mother's side has relatives who live in Dalkeith and are Jambos, but there is no Scottish bloodline in his own pedigree.

Thats absolutely amazing to hear! So he's got a connection of sorts to the club? Amazing! :) 

I'm already buzzing to see what the laddie can do! 

PaddysBar
2 hours ago, Canscot said:

Now that is bizarre🙄 

It’s not that uncommon that countries don’t allow dual nationality.

My kids are half Dutch and when my oldest (14 now) was born I looked into dual nationality but at the time he could only get dutch citizenship if he gave up his British citizenship. 

I have heard that’s changed now though. 

Swanny17

Watched it back on Sportscene again.

See if you look closely, the ball comes off the back of the Hibs players head for the throw in. This can be confirmed by said Hibs player not complaining about the throw in being awarded to RC.  If this nick didn’t happen (even though it can be seen by careful viewing) the Hibs player involved would have been far more animated.

Hibs have since chastised the officials, they should now be apologising for what was actually an excellent decision.  I won’t hold my breath. 

Canscot
3 minutes ago, PaddysBar said:

It’s not that uncommon that countries don’t allow dual nationality.

My kids are half Dutch and when my oldest (14 now) was born I looked into dual nationality but at the time he could only get dutch citizenship if he gave up his British citizenship. 

I have heard that’s changed now though. 

About 40 yrs ago I met a Scots guy while on holidays. He had come up from Seattle for a week or two. I asked him if he had taken American citizenship. He said no. And he never would. He claimed that he had to renounce his British citizenship and he was not prepared to do that. 
I have no idea if he was bullshitting me or not. 
Maybe some of the US expats on here could confirm or deny this?

Wee Mikey
5 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

See if you look closely, the ball comes off the back of the Hibs players head for the throw in. This can be confirmed by said Hibs player not complaining about the throw in being awarded to RC.  If this nick didn’t happen (even though it can be seen by careful viewing) the Hibs player involved would have been far more animated.

Hibs have since chastised the officials, they should now be apologising for what was actually an excellent decision.  I won’t hold my breath. 

Playing for time often ends in a late goal.

It's the wrong mind-set.

Too effin' bad.

As for as highlighted above?

Nae chance.

They are now fully fledged victims.

Leveins Battalion
29 minutes ago, OTT said:

Thats absolutely amazing to hear! So he's got a connection of sorts to the club? Amazing! :) 

I'm already buzzing to see what the laddie can do! 

Not too sure about his Dad's side but Yans Mum 100% went to Dalkeith High School and His Grandparents still live in Dalkeith.

I think his Uncle might of moved down the Borders now but he is still a season ticket holder.

DesertDawg
18 minutes ago, Canscot said:

About 40 yrs ago I met a Scots guy while on holidays. He had come up from Seattle for a week or two. I asked him if he had taken American citizenship. He said no. And he never would. He claimed that he had to renounce his British citizenship and he was not prepared to do that. 

That was indeed the case until several years ago.  It's now possible to hold both U.S. and U.K. citizenship.

jamboinglasgow

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/ross-county/6402676/hearts-bound-yan-dhanda-focused-on-ross-county/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

This his comments from the pre-match press conference today.

Confirms his family are Hearts fans and his uncle is a season ticket holder (as Leveins battalion says.)

Also has scored 2 and assisted 1 in 3 games against Hibs

Canscot
29 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

That was indeed the case until several years ago.  It's now possible to hold both U.S. and U.K. citizenship.

👍

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/ross-county/6402676/hearts-bound-yan-dhanda-focused-on-ross-county/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

This his comments from the pre-match press conference today.

Confirms his family are Hearts fans and his uncle is a season ticket holder (as Leveins battalion says.)

Also has scored 2 and assisted 1 in 3 games against Hibs

“I enjoy playing against them"

PHM material 

See if we can get Shankland on an extension, having Dhanda assisting him is going to be ****ing lethal. 

12 minutes ago, OTT said:

PHM material 

See if we can get Shankland on an extension, having Dhanda assisting him is going to be ****ing lethal. 

I am at the stage where I would keep Shanks for all of next season whether he extends his contract or not tbh . Shanks with Vargas , Dhanda , McKay , Forrest and Oda is ridiculously strong at this level . If we get £6 million from Europe , I would just keep him and let him leave for nowt . Nobody seems to want to offer us what he is actually worth in goals , so **** them 

jamboinglasgow
30 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I am at the stage where I would keep Shanks for all of next season whether he extends his contract or not tbh . Shanks with Vargas , Dhanda , McKay , Forrest and Oda is ridiculously strong at this level . If we get £6 million from Europe , I would just keep him and let him leave for nowt . Nobody seems to want to offer us what he is actually worth in goals , so **** them 

At the start of this season, I thought we were really creative with McKay and Lowry. Two players who could play a similar role and unlock defences. However McKay has been injured nearly all the season and Lowry was underwhelming at best.

With Dhanda and McKay hopefully fit (which I think he will be) then I see that creative side open up to us next season. 

If we have increased the budget quite a bit for next season, it will be interesting to see what we spend it on, as the players you mention form a strong attacking portion to the squad. Would say one more striker, though I do think having a player who can play defence splitting passes could really unlock Tagawa. I also think if Boyce ever gets back to full fitness he will be another important squad player.

Go for it 1308
6 hours ago, Sooks said:

Great post

1971fozzy
6 hours ago, Sooks said:

totally agree. 

One five
9 hours ago, Sooks said:

This is where I am 100% 👍

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, OTT said:

PHM material 

And Mckay back.

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, Sooks said:

Agreed, unless he's unhappy and wants to leave after a reasonable bid is put in.

An unhappy player can ruin everything. 

I don't think he's that sort but if, for example a championship club bids around £4m or so and he's made it clear he wants to move then that is the only reason I'd sell.

I don't think that will happen tho.

weaz1981
9 hours ago, Sooks said:

Agreed

Luckies1874
Just now, Jim_Duncan said:

I agree, but from a non-HMFC perspective, it could put players off joining us if they know we’re going to block moves for them to make more money. Modern football is shite in this regard, sadly.

We need to be aggressive about bids in the summer - tell clubs he’s worth £6m to us and they have to match that. Rangers will offer a million and the Glasgow media will go tonto if we don’t cave. 

Players don’t think that far ahead and worry about an isolated situation like that. Simply isn’t a thing. 

Auld Reekin'
11 hours ago, Canscot said:

In principle, you need to renounce your UK citizenship if you want to take Spanish citizenship, but in practice this isn’t enforced or even checked-up upon by the Spanish authorities and the UK ones either don’t know or don’t care. Therefore, you just retain your UK passport and status - applying for a new one as necessary and as normal - and have de-facto dual citizenship.

I’ve no idea if the same applies with the US but maybe it could? 🤔

Robbo-Jambo

TBF he wasn't the only RC player that celebrated in front of the Hibs fans 😄.

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

And Mckay back.

Very true! Although, Forrest is playing his best football on the left. Barrie might have a fight on his hands to get back into the starting 11!! 

We could have a very, very good attack next season. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, OTT said:

Very true! Although, Forrest is playing his best football on the left. Barrie might have a fight on his hands to get back into the starting 11!! 

Yup, but it really is a squad game now and subs are part of any set up.

chrystaf
4 hours ago, Go for it 1308 said:

Great post

Agree. Let's get the best out of him for as long as we can.

Bowtow Jambo
On 19/02/2024 at 03:47, jamborich said:

Can I just add maybe not this year but nothing to fear now

Bowtow Jambo
Just now, Bowtow Jambo said:

Just in the process of buying a house in Bonnyrigg

Mikey1874
13 hours ago, Swanny17 said:

It was quite obvious. The officials get a lot right to be fair. 

The other thing wrongly said was the quality of the goal. Brilliant pass into to the far corner. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Canscot
4 hours ago, Auld Reekin' said:

In principle, you need to renounce your UK citizenship if you want to take Spanish citizenship, but in practice this isn’t enforced or even checked-up upon by the Spanish authorities and the UK ones either don’t know or don’t care. Therefore, you just retain your UK passport and status - applying for a new one as necessary and as normal - and have de-facto dual citizenship.

I’ve no idea if the same applies with the US but maybe it could? 🤔

I always wondered how it could REALLY be enforced. The country of your birth is never going to refuse you a passport (I would not think anyway) and your adopted country is probably not going to be checking your mail box every day for a different passport to make sure you are a loyal citizen. Unless you live in Russia😜

NottsJambo

If a player on loan cannot play against their parent club, should they be allowed to play against a team they have pre-contract with? Imagine if we needed to win this to qualify for Europe?

Crikey we can’t get this boy in soon enough. And another several more in midfield

Rick Sanchez
56 minutes ago, NottsJambo said:

If a player on loan cannot play against their parent club, should they be allowed to play against a team they have pre-contract with? Imagine if we needed to win this to qualify for Europe?

What about it? You give your all to the team that pays your wages.

Jambo61
18 hours ago, Canscot said:

My relations have American then British and Irish passports.........no idea if that means 3 citizenships too?

Canscot
1 minute ago, Jambo61 said:

My relations have American then British and Irish passports.........no idea if that means 3 citizenships too?

Years ago I considered renewing my British one based solely on an experience I had at Glasgow airport entering the UK. We got off our flight from Canada and lined up at customs about 300 people back from the customs desk. All the while watching as people from EU countries walked right past and into the country with no problem! Had we had our British passport it would have been a breeze to walk in. Still never have renewed it though😂

BackOfTheNet

Pre-match on BBC Sportsound Cowie was getting interviewed and the interviewer said Dhanda will be at Hearts next season in a question about what he brings to the team. He said it as a matter of fact and Cowie did nothing to refute that. Odd how such conversation can go on without any official announcement.

4marsbars
1 hour ago, NottsJambo said:

Entirely different. Up to his manager to make that call. We were happy for Souttar to play against Rangers two years ago.

tian447
2 hours ago, NottsJambo said:

:lol:

That's such a ridiculous shout. Mainly because the pre-contract might not even be publically announced.  And why would a club willingly give up one of their own employees just because they happen to be playing a rival team who have agreed a future deal?  

19/05/2012

Should have paid the money for him in January what a difference he would have made to our midfield 

hearts00
7 hours ago, OTT said:

Thats what I think and then it hits me if Shanks leaves we go backwards at an alarming rate. 

heartmussel
4 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Thats what I think and then it hits me if Shanks leaves we go backwards at an alarming rate. 

There were 4 or 5 in that starting line up today that probably won’t be here next season, and maybe another couple at least that might not be first choice, would be a bit worried if we were not so far in front. Certainly a very interesting summer window with such a hectic schedule up until Christmas.

WASTREL
On 15/03/2024 at 10:20, Doc Rob said:

Is this actually confirmed? Or is someone just making stuff up again? If he had a Scottish mum I’d have expected Scotland to have been sniffing around him by now

Edited by Disco Ball

On 16/03/2024 at 15:53, Badonde said:

He looks far better than Denholm that’s for sure 

I've seen a few negative comments about Denholm since yesterday. Really need to lay off him, he’s a young lad finding his feet, if Naismith thinks he’s going to be good enough then I’ll go with his judgement he’s proven a lot of people wrong already with the likes of Hoff. And of course Dhanda is a better player he’s a seasoned professional ffs versus a young laddie just out the academy.