Top Posters In This Topic

• Ricardo Quaresma

• Chuck Berry

• FarmerTweedy

• Daveandal

JimmyCant
1 minute ago, jamborich said:

Only Aberdeen can take it away 

I’d say so, but I’d like another 2 wins on the board before the split to be certain 

Thomaso
25 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I’d say so, but I’d like another 2 wins on the board before the split to be certain 

👍

Thomaso
7 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

Let’s win the cup anyway 

👏

Doc Rob

It would be bloody typical if Aberdeen, having been utterly honking all season, somehow won the cup.

I don't think the sheep have a chance against even a misfiring Celtic at Hampden. 

gregzy2k7

Eberdeen are not winning the cup, 

You can bookmark this,

They are absolutely fecking pish and will be lucky not to finish 11th.

In fact,

If they do win it,

I will walk around my neighborhood naked with a sheep mask on and scream baaaaaaaahhhh.

Better call Saul
9 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Eberdeen are not winning the cup, 

You can bookmark this,

They are absolutely fecking pish and will be lucky not to finish 11th.

In fact,

If they do win it,

I will walk around my neighborhood naked with a sheep mask on and scream baaaaaaaahhhh.

Mods can you this post a sticky ? :jjyay:

tiger Rudi
7 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

It would be bloody typical if Aberdeen, having been utterly honking all season, somehow won the cup.

I really hope Celtic destroy them 🤞

Selkirkhmfc1874

3rd pretty much wrapped up imo, let's go and bring the cup back to gorgie 

BigAlim

Trying to hold off on being brazen, as hard as that is given we are 13 clear of St Midden.

I reckon two more wins will do it

LarrysRightFoot
10 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

I also think 2 more wins should see us over the line for 3rd. 

Eddiepolio3

So if Aberdeen were to beat celtic, do they still actually have to win the cup to take away the group stage football? 

fast_blood
7 minutes ago, Eddiepolio3 said:

So if Aberdeen were to beat celtic, do they still actually have to win the cup to take away the group stage football? 

I think they have to win it but could be wrong 

theshed
1 hour ago, BigAlim said:

Trying to hold off on being brazen, as hard as that is given we are 13 clear of St Midden.

As you say we need another couple of wins still and as we are normally terrible after the split I hope those couple of wins come in next two games 

Beat Killie and draw away to st Mirren should see us ok 

With the erse-cheeks so close they’re going to be scrapping for every point in top 6 - so if we’re well clear at split we should be ok?

Chuck Berry
4 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

I don't think the sheep have a chance against even a misfiring Celtic at Hampden. 

Everyone has a chance, but Celtic will suffer without McGregor (if he's out for an extended period), that said Aberdeen will be missing Shinnie and he seems to be the only one in their side that gives a feck.

soonbe110
22 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Everyone has a chance, but Celtic will suffer without McGregor (if he's out for an extended period), that said Aberdeen will be missing Shinnie and he seems to be the only one in their side that gives a feck.

Celtic will have McGregor and Hatate back for the semi. Changes their team completely. 

soonbe110
2 hours ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

I also think 2 more wins should see us over the line for 3rd. 

Killie the only threat and they are 14 points behind.  Of St.Mirrens remaining 9 games they play OF three times, us twice and Killie twice.  Can’t see them getting many points, they might even struggle to retain top 6 position. 
Killie’s  remaining 9 include OF twice, us twice and maybe St.Mirren twice. Not improbable that they don’t even pick up as many as 14 points from remaining fixtures.  Our current total, 55, might even be good enough already. 

Rocky jamboa

Would you prefer us to get Aberdeen in the final, with the risk of us losing c. £6m in euro money if we get beaten but a better chance of winning, or celtic, so less chance of winning the cup but guaranteed c. £6m in euro cash?

I'd take Aberdeen in the final all day long! A chance to win a cup doesn't come along every day.

Chuck Berry
4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Celtic will have McGregor and Hatate back for the semi. Changes their team completely. 

Good.  As much as I despise them, and as much as I'd rather play Aberdeen if we beat Rangers, I'd rather just have group stage football tucked away asap and take our chances if we get past Rangers.

Ricardo Quaresma

54 should be around the midden's max; we're already 1 past that

But we need to keep skelping teams anyway

There is always a midweek game right after the post-split fixtures arrive; hopefully Gordon gets in for that one, or sooner

LarrysRightFoot
5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Killie the only threat and they are 14 points behind.  Of St.Mirrens remaining 9 games they play OF three times, us twice and Killie twice.  Can’t see them getting many points, they might even struggle to retain top 6 position. 
Killie’s  remaining 9 include OF twice, us twice and maybe St.Mirren twice. Not improbable that they don’t even pick up as many as 14 points from remaining fixtures.  Our current total, 55, might even be good enough already. 

I’ve always had in my head 60 points as our target and it’d be good enough for 3rd. 

AndyNic
1 hour ago, Eddiepolio3 said:

Yes, they have to win the Scottish Cup. 

If 1st or 2nd in the league win the cup then it goes to 3rd in the league and not the Scottish Cup runner up.

Ron Burgundy
26 minutes ago, Rocky jamboa said:

Would you prefer us to get Aberdeen in the final, with the risk of us losing c. £6m in euro money if we get beaten but a better chance of winning, or celtic, so less chance of winning the cup but guaranteed c. £6m in euro cash?

I'd take Aberdeen in the final all day long! A chance to win a cup doesn't come along every day.

There is the little problem of Rangers at Hampden before any final. Not too confident we will be making any final so hopefully Aberdeen get ruined in their semi just to make sure.

Fxxx the SPFL
2 hours ago, Chuck Berry said:

will Shinnie be missing if Shanklands okay so should Shinnie or am i missing something

kingantti1874
3 hours ago, BigAlim said:

taking st Mirren as an example. 13 points behind.

9 games left.

2 of them against celtic

2 of them against hearts

2 against killie

1 against rangers.  

1 against Motherwell 

1 against either hibs or Dundee. 

I don’t think they win anything like 5 fixtures from that list to be honest. 

genuinely we could lose every game from now till the end of the season and still finish 3rd.  1 more win however would seal the deal completely. 

hopefully it’s wrapped up formally in the next 3 games and we can use the remaining fixtures to prep for the semi, give controlled minutes to injured players and get some more minutes for the younger guys as well.

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

54 should be around the midden's max; we're already 1 past that

But we need to keep skelping teams anyway

There is always a midweek game right after the post-split fixtures arrive; hopefully Gordon gets in for that one, or sooner

Midweek games are usually the midweek right before the last weekend of fixtures, and this season is no different!

Chuck Berry
22 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

will Shinnie be missing if Shanklands okay so should Shinnie or am i missing something

I have no idea what that means!

FarmerTweedy
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

I think that will turn out to be the case, partly because I expect us to take points off both St Liedown and Killie in our remaining games against them! If those games end up going badly, they'll obviously pick up more points than I'm expecting, meaning we'll need to pick up a few elsewhere ourselves, although with Ross County, Livi, and of course celtic 😉 still to play, we should have no trouble doing that!

N Lincs Jambo
10 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

9 games left.

2 of them against celtic

2 of them against hearts

2 against killie

1 against rangers.  

1 against Motherwell 

genuinely we could lose every game from now till the end of the season and still finish 3rd.  1 more win however would seal the deal completely. 

hopefully it’s wrapped up formally in the next 3 games and we can use the remaining fixtures to prep for the semi, give controlled minutes to injured players and get some more minutes for the younger guys as well.

If St Mirren keep the same points per game ratio they have up to now they will end the season on 55 points. Going against that however is that to get the points per game ratio they (will have) played 18 games against bottom six teams. Totally agree, one more win and 3rd is in the bag.

Rick Sanchez

I'll take Celtic in the final and secure the European cash tbh.

Nobody really knows what the Hibs investment means, even though I'm pretty sure it'll be a laugh. And Aberdeen will be coining it in on Lewis Ferguson soon.

Chuck Berry
15 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

9 games left.

2 of them against celtic

2 of them against hearts

2 against killie

1 against rangers.  

1 against Motherwell 

What's Killie's run-in?

frankblack

Aberdeen's best chance would involve getting lucky vs a poor Celtic and hoping they get us in the final to give them a puncher's chance.

If they were to have to beat both the uglies I'd say chances are slim to none - much like ours of winning the cup.

Fxxx the SPFL
20 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

I have no idea what that means!

sorry my bad grammar. Shinnie is seemingly unavailable for the SF after his booking at the weekend. Shankland was booked last night but posters are saying he is okay for the SF. 

PaddysBar
14 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

What's Killie's run-in?

St Mirren - home

Us - away

RC - home 

Farmers - away

Then top 6 fixtures. 

If we win two more games and lose the rest  they’d need to win 7 of their 9 games to get 3rd. 

Not going to happen. 

Chuck Berry
5 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

sorry my bad grammar. Shinnie is seemingly unavailable for the SF after his booking at the weekend. Shankland was booked last night but posters are saying he is okay for the SF. 

If Shankland hasn't been booked in the Spartans/Airdrie games then he's fine.  If he gets booked in the semi, then I think he would miss the final if we got there.

Chuck Berry
7 minutes ago, PaddysBar said:

St Mirren - home

Us - away

RC - home 

Farmers - away

Then top 6 fixtures. 

If we win two more games and lose the rest  they’d need to win 7 of their 9 games to get 3rd. 

Not going to happen. 

Ta.

I think we should get 6+ points from our last 4 before the split.

Fxxx the SPFL
17 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

If Shankland hasn't been booked in the Spartans/Airdrie games then he's fine.  If he gets booked in the semi, then I think he would miss the final if we got there.

cheers Bud apologies for the confusing earlier post

Chuck Berry
1 minute ago, **** the SPFL said:

cheers Bud apologies for the confusing earlier post

No probs.  Shanks just needs to keep his nose clean in the semi whilst banging in a hattrick.

HamishMcGonagall
7 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

No probs.  Shanks just needs to keep his nose clean in the semi whilst banging in a hattrick.

I think someone said on the match thread last night that previous bookings don't count once you reach the semi final. 

boag1874
2 hours ago, Rocky jamboa said:

I really really want Celtic & not just for the Euro money.

All I think about when I think of playing them at Hampden is that we came so close in both 2019 & 2020. I want redemption for those results, we know we can take them this season.

Nelly Terraces
40 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

33 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

4 minutes ago, HamishMcGonagall said:

I think someone said on the match thread last night that previous bookings don't count once you reach the semi final. 

Scroll down to Page 34 of this document: suspensions-for-players-in-mens-football-annex-c-section-4.pdf (scottishfa.co.uk)

Think the important bit re Shanks is this: Accumulation of two cautionable offences in the William Hill Scottish Cup for clubs who enter the competition after Round 3 (caution totals revert to zero prior to start of semi-final rounds.)

Essentially, all single yellow cards are wiped out now, but if you've already had 2 in the competition then you're suspended, hence why Shinnie is out for the Codheads.

2 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

I really really want Celtic & not just for the Euro money.

All I think about when I think of playing them at Hampden is that we came so close in both 2019 & 2020. I want redemption for those results, we know we can take them this season.

Beating them 3 times (potentially more) in a season would be magnificent

TheBigO
5 hours ago, BigAlim said:

I mean, yes technically, fat ladies, mathematics and all.  But at the same time, I'm not sure I see anyone reaching our current total, let alone any more.  If St Mirren keep up their current PPG, they hit 55, which is what we're on.  In their remaining 9 games, they have us twice, Celtic twice, plus Rangers!

We may need a couple more points, but we ain't losing every game until end of season! We're home and hosed and if anything I hope the lads have their sites on 70 points.

boag1874
5 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Beating them 3 times (potentially more) in a season would be magnificent

Beating both the OF at Hampden to lift a Scottish cup would be the most cathartic thing ever

Just now, boag1874 said:

Beating both the OF at Hampden to lift a Scottish cup would be the most cathartic thing ever

With Gordon and Shankland lifting the cup together. Stuff of dreams