Our turn for West Stand !!!

MR INCREDIBLE

We should definitely demand the west stand despite it being the worst stand for us in this game. Forget such nonsense as getting their coming from the east or parking etc. 

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sir PH

• luckyBatistuta

• been here before

• dannymack

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

martoon

Does it matter?

Even if it did there's no danger of us being anywhere other than east. 

Like the Princess Kate photo "scandal", I don't see what the fuss is all about.

Just bloody beat Rangers at Hampden for once.

6 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

We've not won that much from the west either.

Well that's just wrong. We've won plenty of games when being housed in the West Stand. 

One five
21 minutes ago, martoon said:

Does it matter?

Even if it did there's no danger of us being anywhere other than east. 

Like the Princess Kate photo "scandal", I don't see what the fuss is all about.

Just bloody beat Rangers at Hampden for once.

This

2 hours ago, Thought Police said:

We’re coming from the East.

Most of us are, and so are most of them, in relation to the ground.

Edited by H2

jamboozy
8 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

The fact that our actual national

stadium has a ‘Rangers end’ and a ‘Celtic end’ tells you everything you need to know about Scottish football.

This is true, unfortunately.

To the OP, it might be easier to take a throne down to the sea shore and command the tide doesn’t come in. Ra Gers will get their way.

John Findlay

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter.

However, the question has to be asked.

How neutral is Hampden Park?

Where else at a neutral venue would you get the situation where if Two certain teams play there, they always get the same end of the ground, and the same dressing room?

This logistics nonsense, is just that nonsense.

The proof of this being that if we have to play Celtic at Hampden, we always get the West end of the ground, why?

We are still travelling from Edinburgh(the vast majority of us), to play a team from Glasgow.

There is nowt neutral about Hampden Park.

Japan Jambo
Just now, John Findlay said:

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter.

However, the question has to be asked.

How neutral is Hampden Park?

Where else at a neutral venue would you get the situation where if Two certain teams play there, they always get the same end of the ground, and the same dressing room?

This logistics nonsense, is just that nonsense.

The proof of this being that if we have to play Celtic at Hampden, we always get the West end of the ground, why?

We are still travelling from Edinburgh(the vast majority of us), to play a team from Glasgow.

There is nowt neutral about Hampden Park.

Ach well, maybe we'll get a ref who isn't from the Greater Glasgow area?

Chuck Berry
11 hours ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

Come on board !!!

Ask the question!!

Grow a set !

🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

Does it matter?

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, Sir PH said:

Well that's just wrong. We've won plenty of games when being housed in the West Stand. 

And lost far more than we've won

Eddiepolio3

We've never beaten rangers at hampden so what difference does it make?

chrisyboy7
11 hours ago, ehcaley said:

And they will get more than half the tickets😉

We couldn't sell 16k last time

39 minutes ago, chrisyboy7 said:

We couldn't sell 16k last time

League Cup is nowhere near as prestigious as the Scottish Cup. 

dannymack
9 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

We've not won that much from the west either.

Apart from Morton and Dumbarton, in my time Dundee Utd, Aberdeen, Hibs, Gretna*, Celtic, Hibs, Inverness Caledonian Thistle** and Hibs. 

* A section and a half of the East Stand if memory serves me correctly.

** A couple of blocks within 1 section if memory serves me correctly 

dannymack
5 hours ago, been here before said:

Aye, thats it, thats why we seldom win at Hampden, the choice of ends.

Come on board !!!

Ask the question!!

Grow a set !

It's the players on the park that counts but in some fans minds superstition creeps in to play around. 

Dundee United and Hibs have had their hoodoo's. 

Superstition on who gets the home dressing room or who's drawn out the hat first to get it plays its part... story goes that Matty Chalmers drove through to Hampden very early in 1956 and had the Hearts kit hampers stashed up at the front door insisting he gets in with them to claim the home dressing gown room.

Ron Burgundy
12 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

If it was all to do with policing then when a team from the East played a team from the West you would always expect the team from the East to be in the East Stand. In effect their would be an Old Firm end at Hampden not a Celtic end and a Rangers end, except when they played each other. And the Old Firm would be put in the East Stand if playing Kilmarnock at Hampden.

The fact that there is a Rangers end and a Celtic end regardless of who they play shows it isn't a policing decision at all.

Correct. we moan about how unfair Scottish football is and then roll over very time without even questioning things that are only set in stone to appease the gruesome twosome.

If you don't ask you don't get. 

dannymack
3 hours ago, ollie2004 said:

Beat Kilmarnock in Wee Cup Final in 1962

Queens Park 1982-83 👍

nick_3892

Makes 0 difference what end the fans are in. It’s another football pitch and the players should focus on their performance on that pitch and put up a fight against rangers. 

dannymack
1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

And lost far more than we've won

Need someone to confirm where the Hearts fans were for the 1970s Cup defeats for Dundee Utd & Rangers x 2 but in my time...

Aberdeen, Celtic, Airdrie x2 & Celtic x2. 

Harry Potter
21 minutes ago, nick_3892 said:

Makes 0 difference what end the fans are in. It’s another football pitch and the players should focus on their performance on that pitch and put up a fight against rangers. 

Correct the grounds ends are the same, unlike auld hampden where you had the covered end and the other end was open to the elements.

PapaShango

Lets hope for a decent kick off time, none of this 5.30 nonsense on a Sunday night, will impact the Hearts crowd 100%.

Tommy Brown

Would much rather we insist on getting half of the North Stand instead of the South,

assuming we don't get a 50/50 split

Fans can generate more noise and influence from the North Stand

Debut 4

Just get the finger out on the pitch.  That’s all that matters to me. 

If people are bothered about hoodoos or superstition, let’s bust them in the semi final!  The players need to have the hunger and baws.  

Thunder and Lightning
13 hours ago, been here before said:

Get tae **** with your common sense contribution. The sad thing is that no matter how many times its explained to them they still dont understand.

Grow a set Hearts

Demand the West Stand

Make a trip to the biggest shit hole in the country even more of a pain in the arse.

Come on man, it's clearly the reason we fail to win there.  The players are put off by the fans not being in the stand they want!!!

Jim Panzee
14 hours ago, Chong said:

Don't care where I sit lids, it's high time we done these muppets there. 

very south african there Chong.

come you Jimbo's!

Corstorphine Jambo

Can’t honestly say I’m that bothered which end but it’s interesting that when we play Hibs at Hampden we’re always in the west stand and they are in the east. I assume they just go with some kind of precedent?

50/50 more important.

Hampden needs flattened and re-landscaped, which might remove the need for ends to suit a team's location and instead be based on the draw.

I hate going to Hampden, just such a shite experience besides what happens on the pitch, that's feeling more and more dated.

Tommy Brown
3 hours ago, Corstorphine Jambo said:

Can’t honestly say I’m that bothered which end but it’s interesting that when we play Hibs at Hampden we’re always in the west stand and they are in the east. I assume they just go with some kind of precedent?

Yip. Not a Rrangers end and Celtic end.

It's a Proddy end and a cafflick end

If both Dundee clubs meet a semi. Dundee get the west stand.

Prove me wrong :whistling:

10 minutes ago, kila said:

50/50 more important.

Hampden needs flattened and re-landscaped, which might remove the need for ends to suit a team's location and instead be based on the draw.

I hate going to Hampden, just such a shite experience besides what happens on the pitch, that's feeling more and more dated.

It needs sold to land developers and the national stadium relocated i.e Stirling

Fantasy on my part, I know. 

Agree 100% on going there, it's horrible. I'm sure someone posted a pic of all the UK national football stadiums and the difference is just sad.

18 hours ago, Chong said:

Don't care where I sit lids, it's high time we done these muppets there. 

Have a Word?

jamboozy
7 hours ago, Eddiepolio3 said:

We've never beaten rangers at hampden so what difference does it make?

This time is going to be a first for us Eddie.👍

been here before

Have the board come on yet???

Have they asked the question??

Have they grown a set?

4marsbars

There's an important issue: a 50:50 split.

And there's a nothing issue: who gets the West stand (who cares?).

1 hour ago, Chong said:

If ye know, ye know

😝👌 Patreon subscriber

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Getting the West actually demonstrates neutrality more than having to return/pay for 7000 tickets, we wont sell.

However entering from the East, logic does really suggest the East Stand is a better place to put us, this of course falls down when you play Celtic and get sent to the West :lol:

luckyBatistuta

Ask for a coin toss for ends and a 50/50 split. If they say no, then refuse all tickets…put it out there in the media that we’re not prepared to accept this blatant bias towards the OF going forward.

7 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Ask for a coin toss for ends and a 50/50 split. If they say no, then refuse all tickets…put it out there in the media that we’re not prepared to accept this blatant bias towards the OF going forward.

Bias? Does it give them an advantage on the field of play? Are both ends not the exact same? 

luckyBatistuta
4 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Bias? Does it give them an advantage on the field of play? Are both ends not the exact same? 

Where did I say/insinuate it gives an advantage on the field of play🤣….and No, they’re not

Drumjambo

Lets get the far important stuff done and organised - Collum for our game and Beaton for the Celtic game and they can cheat us and Aberdeen to the final - Simples.

1 minute ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Where did I say/insinuate it gives an advantage on the field of play🤣….and No, they’re not

Well that's all that matters. They receive zero sporting advantage, so it's not worth the pant pishing. 

Shooter McGavin

Isn’t there better (and more) pubs on the East side anyway? 😂

dontkillbill
10 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Dunno - there was no brown sauce at the kiosk at the Celtic end for the League Cup Semi. Never had that issue in the Rangers end 😂😂

18 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Refuse all tickets then they just sell the whole ground out to Rangers? No thanks!

Get the sentiment though. We were always going to be playing the preferential brothers. Imagine having their own end at a Neutral ground. Embarrassing. 

luckyBatistuta
Just now, Sir PH said:

Well that's all that matters. They receive zero sporting advantage, so it's not worth the pant pishing. 

They should just give us a section behind the goals at one end, you wouldn’t have a problem having less tickets and a shit view, because zero sporting advantage matters.

I take it you’ve heard the term ‘home advantage’, part of that comes down to having more fans, but you don’t seem to have a problem with not being given a chance to have a fair split, seeing as you didn’t even bother addressing that part of my post.

I’m away to pop my pants in the washing machine.

luckyBatistuta
9 minutes ago, D4nny_ said:

Refuse all tickets then they just sell the whole ground out to Rangers? No thanks!

Get the sentiment though. We were always going to be playing the preferential brothers. Imagine having their own end at a Neutral ground. Embarrassing. 

You do realise I wasn’t being entirely serious. That would never ever happen in the real world, was just venting. Just grates me that which end we get is all about them and the fact they don’t give us a fair opportunity at selling half the stadium to Hearts supporters. It’s all about the OF as always. 

12 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

They should just give us a section behind the goals at one end, you wouldn’t have a problem having less tickets and a shit view, because zero sporting advantage matters.

I take it you’ve heard the term ‘home advantage’, part of that comes down to having more fans, but you don’t seem to have a problem with not being given a chance to have a fair split, seeing as you didn’t even bother addressing that part of my post.

I’m away to pop my pants in the washing machine.

What on earth are you talking about? At no point have I said we shouldn't be given an equal share, of course we should. My point was about the crying over what end of Hampden we get. It doesn't matter a jot.

Jim_Duncan
On 12/03/2024 at 09:32, Japan Jambo said:

Ach well, maybe we'll get a ref who isn't from the Greater Glasgow area?

Now you're just being silly.