They are still at it!

Thomaso

soonbe110
4 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

People with that opinion aren't 'roasters'. They just don't want the Edinburgh Derby to descend into the farce the OF has become. 

Stricter and proper policing can fix this. Cutting allocations or banning away fans is the easy option but ultimately it leads to a worse matchday experience. 

An Edinburgh Derby at Tynie with no Hibbies or an Edinburgh Derby at Easter Road with no Jambos is not the solution here. 

Nobody has suggested that it is the solution.  Reduced allocation is what the vast majority on here seem to prefer. Last Sundays atmosphere was great with less than 700 away fans.  Folk that dont want a reduced allocation for them are just protecting their own ticket for ER imo. 

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jim_Duncan

• Thomaso

• OTT

• jamboozy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jim_Duncan
3 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

People with that opinion aren't 'roasters'. They just don't want the Edinburgh Derby to descend into the farce the OF has become. 

Stricter and proper policing can fix this. Cutting allocations or banning away fans is the easy option but ultimately it leads to a worse matchday experience. 

An Edinburgh Derby at Tynie with no Hibbies or an Edinburgh Derby at Easter Road with no Jambos is not the solution here. 

The police will not take action during games. That’s their orders. So we can either be proactive and protect our players by reducing the risk, or watch and wait.

My derby day experience is in no way improved by having 3500 scumbags sitting in the Roseburn lobbing stuff at our players. 

Some of my best memories of following HMFC have been at ER (Stamp, Presley penalty, shoes off), but am happy to sacrifice that to ensure they don’t come to Tynie and chuck stuff at/hit our players with impunity. Teach them a lesson. 

Craigieboy

Apparently they’re the victims in this game though. 

Their fans have a higher element of scumbags in it and that’s been the case for as long as Santa had a hole in his arse. 

No Idle Talk
17 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Nobody has suggested that it is the solution.  Reduced allocation is what the vast majority on here seem to prefer. Last Sundays atmosphere was great with less than 700 away fans.  Folk that dont want a reduced allocation for them are just protecting their own ticket for ER imo. 

Well that certainly isn't my agenda because I live far enough away fae Edinburgh that Derby tickets are unattainable for me. My last visit to Easter Road was Wayne Foster day. I just want the Derby atmosphere to be preserved. 

No Idle Talk
19 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

The police will not take action during games. That’s their orders. So we can either be proactive and protect our players by reducing the risk, or watch and wait.

My derby day experience is in no way improved by having 3500 scumbags sitting in the Roseburn lobbing stuff at our players. 

Some of my best memories of following HMFC have been at ER (Stamp, Presley penalty, shoes off), but am happy to sacrifice that to ensure they don’t come to Tynie and chuck stuff at/hit our players with impunity. Teach them a lesson. 

I respect your view but for me winning a Derby with no Hibbies in the ground just wouldn't be the same. It's getting it right up them that makes it sweet. 

Jim_Duncan
5 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

I respect your view but for me winning a Derby with no Hibbies in the ground just wouldn't be the same. It's getting it right up them that makes it sweet. 

Fair enough - I take yours on board, too :) 

Edited by Jim_Duncan

19 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

I agree.  Cutting allocations should be a last resort, but unless the message can get through to those fans who think it's acceptable to throw objects at players, it's a step we might have to take.

First and foremost, we have a duty of care to our players, which takes precedence over any consideration of preserving the derby atmosphere.  

FWIW, there's a thread on Hibs.net calling out these morons, as the majority of their fans don't want to see ticket allocations reduced because of a minority of imbeciles.  Sadly, I don't think the imbeciles give a sh!t about how their actions might affect the majority of their fellow fans who know where to draw the line when it comes to derby rivalry.

Swanny17

The Hobbits do realise that they can’t cut the away allocation for cup games yeah? 

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

They got screwed, and TBH I'm sick of just pointing and laughing. Because its a merry go round and the same bad referee Hibs were victim to tonight, we will be when we next play the *****. 

I'm sick of it. I just want to go into games and not worry about the referee. Its exhausting and ruins the game. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Captain Lithuania said:

Hibs fans have been getting away with incremental increases in disorder ever since they won the cup. In fact, can anybody tell me a single derby goal they’ve scored since they won the cup where their fans haven’t entered the pitch? It’s honestly shocking and I’m so disappointed in the board for not instantly slashing their allocation to the bare minimum for the next derby at our place, with them getting an extra section or two in the future if they can behave themselves. Our board aren’t interested though. 

I agree, but 300 of them haven’t invaded a pitch for a while. 

Pasquale for King
27 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

Well that certainly isn't my agenda because I live far enough away fae Edinburgh that Derby tickets are unattainable for me. My last visit to Easter Road was Wayne Foster day. I just want the Derby atmosphere to be preserved. 

That’s fair enough but when our players and fans are being targeted with missiles then something has to be done. Thankfully Budge has finally realised that too. 

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, OTT said:

They got screwed, and TBH I'm sick of just pointing and laughing. Because its a merry go round and the same bad referee Hibs were victim to tonight, we will be when we next play the *****. 

I'm sick of it. I just want to go into games and not worry about the referee. Its exhausting and ruins the game. 

Yip, fair.

manaliveits105
14 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

That’s fair enough but when our players and fans are being targeted with missiles then something has to be done. Thankfully Budge has finally realised that too. 

She hasn't really - out of touch with fans thoughts on the matter 

Percival King
1 hour ago, Jim_Duncan said:

That's what I'd heard too but it seems crazy that a gathering of  police can watch law breaking going on 30 yards away (and on monitors) but are paid to do nothing. I think back to some of the crowd trouble at derbies at Easter Road in the 1980s and wonder how they'd have played out if the police had just stood by and watched it happen.

Seems ironic that the police often viewed law abiding teenage supporters like me, and many others on here, as scum in the 1980s but the scum that disrupt matches these days seem to do so without punishment.

And if action is being taken after games then it should maybe be publicised more to help act as a deterrent. If there are seemingly no repercussions then maybe there's seemingly no disincentive.

Bongo 1874
magnificent_seven 10:09 PM Yesterday
It's time we turn our words into action. We're not just fans; we're part of a club known for setting precedents, for being pioneers in Scottish football. Now, it's our turn to lead.

The chants we heard tonight were abhorrent. Disgusting. Targeting one of our own - Martin Boyle, during his time of vulnerability, shouting sectarian abuse at him whilst he was stretchered off, motionless and with an oxygen mask on. This is a stark reminder of why we must act. It's not just about one game; it's about protecting the values we hold dear, ensuring Easter Road remains a sanctuary for respect and unity.

Let's flood the club with letters and emails demanding an indefinite ban on Rangers fans at Easter Road. While we may not have Mr. Kensell's direct email, we can send our messages to the generic club email or the postal address at Easter Road - any email addresses or contacts that people have which would be beneficial - please share.

Every communication counts. Make sure to express why this is crucial, not just for us, but for the integrity of the club and the example we set. We need to take the bold move to put integrity above revenue.

This isn't just about reacting to one incident; it's about setting a standard, about saying that we, as a club, will not tolerate hatred and bigotry. Let's remind everyone why Hibs is a club of firsts. We were the first to play under floodlights, the first Scottish club to be listed on the stock market, the first to play in European competition, and now, we can be the first to take a stand against sectarianism in this manner.

Tonight is the final straw for me. Why should we have to tolerate this nonsense, every single time Rangers are in town. The governing bodies choose to blissfully ignore this behaviour time after time and I personally don’t want to do that anymore. And whilst nothing is ever done by the SFA or called out by the mainstream media - this is something that we can control. Our supporters deserve better, our players deserve better and the club as a whole deserves better.

Let's do this for our club, for Martin Boyle, and for every player and fan who believes in the power of football to bring people together, not tear them apart. Your letter, your voice, can make a difference. Let's be the change we want to see for our club and for Scottish Football as a whole.

manaliveits105

First to throw one of these at a player 

don't forget ya halfwit 

IMG_4584.jpeg

Ricardo Quaresma

^^^^ The one they threw was heavier than that, really bulbous shape, like mole-grips on the handle

Couldn't identify the model looking online for it, but one of the searches brought up a discussion on a rangers forum, one of them apparently identified it as bought from M&S

robroy1874
28 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

^^^^ The one they threw was heavier than that, really bulbous shape, like mole-grips on the handle

Couldn't identify the model looking online for it, but one of the searches brought up a discussion on a rangers forum, one of them apparently identified it as bought from M&S

Surely Hibs fans don't use M&S?

henrysmithsgloves
41 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

It was useless to them,the spoon fell off 

th-4165410369.jpg

wentworth jambo
9 hours ago, OTT said:

Disagree - not with the bad refereeing in Scotland generally but with the Lochenders being victims of it tonight....3 main decisions (penalty and 2 reds) absolutely 100% correct under the current laws. None would get a mention dot.net if they had won that game. They're even trying to blame Souttar for Boyle jumping into him. Another thread mentioned them turning into vicTims a la Celtic - never beaten, always cheated - I can see it.

Jim_Duncan
4 hours ago, robroy1874 said:

Surely Hibs fans don't use M&S?

They’ll chore stuff from anywhere. 

Jim_Duncan
6 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:
magnificent_seven 10:09 PM Yesterday
It's time we turn our words into action. We're not just fans; we're part of a club known for setting precedents, for being pioneers in Scottish football. Now, it's our turn to lead.

The chants we heard tonight were abhorrent. Disgusting. Targeting one of our own - Martin Boyle, during his time of vulnerability, shouting sectarian abuse at him whilst he was stretchered off, motionless and with an oxygen mask on. This is a stark reminder of why we must act. It's not just about one game; it's about protecting the values we hold dear, ensuring Easter Road remains a sanctuary for respect and unity.

Let's flood the club with letters and emails demanding an indefinite ban on Rangers fans at Easter Road. While we may not have Mr. Kensell's direct email, we can send our messages to the generic club email or the postal address at Easter Road - any email addresses or contacts that people have which would be beneficial - please share.

Every communication counts. Make sure to express why this is crucial, not just for us, but for the integrity of the club and the example we set. We need to take the bold move to put integrity above revenue.

This isn't just about reacting to one incident; it's about setting a standard, about saying that we, as a club, will not tolerate hatred and bigotry. Let's remind everyone why Hibs is a club of firsts. We were the first to play under floodlights, the first Scottish club to be listed on the stock market, the first to play in European competition, and now, we can be the first to take a stand against sectarianism in this manner.

Tonight is the final straw for me. Why should we have to tolerate this nonsense, every single time Rangers are in town. The governing bodies choose to blissfully ignore this behaviour time after time and I personally don’t want to do that anymore. And whilst nothing is ever done by the SFA or called out by the mainstream media - this is something that we can control. Our supporters deserve better, our players deserve better and the club as a whole deserves better.

Let's do this for our club, for Martin Boyle, and for every player and fan who believes in the power of football to bring people together, not tear them apart. Your letter, your voice, can make a difference. Let's be the change we want to see for our club and for Scottish Football as a whole.

Has to be a wind up from an undercover Hearts fan. 

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, Jim_Duncan said:

They’ll chore stuff from anywhere. 

:spoton:

9 hours ago, OTT said:

I'm sick of it. I just want to go into games and not worry about the referee. It’s exhausting and ruins the game. 

How were they screwed ? 

Penalty was correct, 2nd yellow was after repeated fouls and warnings. Red could be debatable but with both feet off the ground you can clearly argue he was out of control. 

7 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

While it's full of hypocrisy and his own importance, the post is correct that the authorities turn a blind eye/ear to sectarian abuse. While Boyle was getting treated for several minutes we were treated to the full anti-catholic song book from the rangers filth. The commentators should be pointing it out but I suppose rangers will just ban them like before.

Jim_Duncan
5 minutes ago, XB52 said:

While it's full of hypocrisy and his own importance, the post is correct that the authorities turn a blind eye/ear to sectarian abuse. While Boyle was getting treated for several minutes we were treated to the full anti-catholic song book from the rangers filth. The commentators should be pointing it out but I suppose rangers will just ban them like before.

It all washes over me now. Years of attending matches against the OF has made me pity the types of people who sing this nonsense while waving their silly wee flags. They’re a sad indictment of west coast society and the hangers on in other parts that seek to emulate them. I long for the day of European Superleague Division 3 accepting them and Scottish football turning into just that: nothing about Northern Ireland or religion. 

But just to be 100% clear: we’re laughing at the Lochend Vermin here. 

Edited by Jim_Duncan

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

It all washes over me now. Years of attending matches against the OF has made me pity the types of people who sing this nonsense while waving their silly wee flags. They’re a sad indictment of west coast society and the hangers on in other parts that seek to emulate them. I long for the day of European Superleague Division 3 accepting them and Scottish football turning into just that: nothing about Northern Ireland or religion. 

But just to be 100% clear: we’re laughing at the Lochend Vermin here. 

On flags, I've noticed that there are few if any union jack anymore at the home  games, even v celtic and hibs.

It seemed to confuse them, especially the hibs fans who were waving the daft wee tri colours in order the get a reaction but then hid them as there was none. 

My hibs mate who was calling us mini huns stopped the texts when I sent him a photo of the only  union jack in the stadium - in the hibs end. 

Have the flag wavers saved in the bus fares, or have we turned the page on the nonsense?

We seem ti be dropping the diet hun tag.

Rather pleasing imo.

3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

On flags, I've noticed that there are few if any union jack anymore at the home  games, even v celtic and hibs.

At the Celtic game at Tynecastle a week ago, I didn't notice a single UJ, nor tricolour flag in their end. Surprising actually.

35 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

I think so, magnificent_seven!  That'll be the seven times Hearts beat them the season they switched on thier floodlights...:sweeet:

Chuck Berry
10 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

A 600 allocation, the same as the OF, is more than enough.   It also has the added advantage of 2,500 more Jambos in the ground which surely should be the priority for a fan owned club?

Chuck Berry
37 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Agree.  It's getting worse again.  Remember the days when the SPL threatened points deductions for it and followed that up by doing absolutely nothing.

SectionDJambo

How can a football club's supporters, who only recently were singing a song celebrating the death of Wallace Mercer, again, and throwing dangerous objects at an injured opponent, Frank Kent, when he was being treated at the goal area in front of them, complain about any other fans singing or doing anything whilst one of their players was injured?

They live in their own bubble of self righteousness and delusion that they are, somehow, a beacon of fair play and superior style, whereas they are morons who are never going to be brought under any kind of control by their equally self righteousness club.

6 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Couldn't identify the model looking online for it, but one of the searches brought up a discussion on a rangers forum, one of them apparently identified it as chored from M&S

FTFY

John Findlay
56 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

How can a football club's supporters, who only recently were singing a song celebrating the death of Wallace Mercer, again, and throwing dangerous objects at an injured opponent, Frank Kent, when he was being treated at the goal area in front of them, complain about any other fans singing or doing anything whilst one of their players was injured?

They live in their own bubble of self righteousness and delusion that they are, somehow, a beacon of fair play and superior style, whereas they are morons who are never going to be brought under any kind of control by their equally self righteousness club.

It's all about whataboutery with football supporters.

Don't get me wrong I was there in the 70s when supporters fought with each other and everything was lobbed between supporters from Darts, Golf balls, lumps of concrete, and bricks.

I don't ever recall things being thrown at the players on the pitch.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, kila said:

At the Celtic game at Tynecastle a week ago, I didn't notice a single UJ, nor tricolour flag in their end. Surprising actually.

Yip,  refreshing.

Although celtic have replaced the tri colour with the Palestine flag for the time being!

Thomaso
12 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Well said! 👏

Jim_Duncan
5 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Yip,  refreshing.

Although celtic have replaced the tri colour with the Palestine flag for the time being!

Shekel for the cause?

Jim_Duncan
4 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Well said! 👏

It’s simple stuff. If someone comes to your house and acts like a dick, you don’t invite them back. 

All this “we’re not the OF” stuff is nonsense. Hibs fans have, in recent years, behaved far worse than OF fans. I’m not talking about singing daft songs that most folk don’t understand the lyrics to anyway, but tangible stuff like assaulting players and invading the pitch. Our board should be under no illusions that any kind of cross-city friendship exists. They, along with plenty others, through us under the bus during Covid, and this should live in the memory of Hearts fans for a long time. 

Get Hibs out of Tynie and more Hearts fans in. 

Thomaso
11 hours ago, OTT said:

Where were they screwed?

Penalty was correct, two stick on yellows, and a horrible two footed studs up lunge that was a red all day long!

15 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

It’s simple stuff. If someone comes to your house and acts like a dick, you don’t invite them back. 

All this “we’re not the OF” stuff is nonsense. Hibs fans have, in recent years, behaved far worse than OF fans. I’m not talking about singing daft songs that most folk don’t understand the lyrics to anyway, but tangible stuff like assaulting players and invading the pitch. Our board should be under no illusions that any kind of cross-city friendship exists. They, along with plenty others, through us under the bus during Covid, and this should live in the memory of Hearts fans for a long time. 

You’re are right but we can’t just not give them tickets, it’s against the rules. Giving them less doesn’t solve the problem either as they will still chuck stuff on the pitch, likely even more so. Our allocation will be cut down there, Only plus is more hearts supporters get to see the derby. That’s good enough for me. 

Jim_Duncan
57 minutes ago, Dazo said:

You’re are right but we can’t just not give them tickets, it’s against the rules. Giving them less doesn’t solve the problem either as they will still chuck stuff on the pitch, likely even more so. Our allocation will be cut down there, Only plus is more hearts supporters get to see the derby. That’s good enough for me. 

The OF have set a precedent with regards to not giving tickets. I’d suggest a complete ban for the next Tynie derby followed by the same allocation we give the OF for future fixtures. They can retaliate all they want - that ugly green face doesn’t even have a nose left to cut off. 

600 fans is easier to police than 3500. The Celtic fans haven’t been a problem since we cut their allocation, AFAIK. 

Edited by Jim_Duncan

Fxxx the SPFL
5 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

The OF have set a precedent with regards to not giving tickets. I’d suggest a complete ban for the next Tynie derby followed by the same allocation we give the OF for future fixtures. They can retaliate all they want - that ugly green face doesn’t even have a nose left to cut off. 

correct 

The hypocrisy on the Hibs forum is palpable 

https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?365806-Hibs-fans-at-Hearts-penalty

How dare Hearts pretend they are angelic and threaten to cut our support at Tynecastle . Cutting our support will not stop the missiles and Mercer songs 

https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?365953-Time-to-Act

Enough is enough , we must cut Rangers support at Easter Road . Cut their numbers to something more manageable and identify them 

13 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

600 fans is easier to police than 3500. The Celtic fans haven’t been a problem since we cut their allocation, AFAIK. 

The old firm have an agreement that’s why they get away with not suppling each other away tickets. If hibs don’t agree we will be forced to give them tickets. If the police aren’t enforcing the law anyway the numbers are irrelevant. Apart from the singing I’m not sure we’ve had a lot of bother in he stadium with away Celtic fans, certainly nothing like the hibs fans. 

I don’t disagree with you by the way regarding cutting their allocation, we just can’t give them nowt. 

Edited by Dazo

1 hour ago, Jim_Duncan said:

100% spot on.

Cameronstheman

The sheer gall and hypocrisy  of some in the  Hibs supports is beyond comprehension

Never once have those screaming for the rafters' addressed the scum in there own support and its there for all to see every time they play Hearts home and away and Rangers at home 

And one things for sure, they aint cutting certain teams allocation unless they go back to a £5r a pop and even then they would toil to fill ER

Cameronstheman
2 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Well said Jim