Morton game in Belfast

mitchjambo

mitchjambo

On a wee break to Belfast next week. Never been before. Is there a pub which is likely to show the game? Cheers.

Rockwell
9 minutes ago, mitchjambo said:

On a wee break to Belfast next week. Never been before. Is there a pub which is likely to show the game? Cheers.

4 of is coming over on Tuesday next week don't know which pubs will show it but would imagine it will be on in some pubs .still going to game on Monday back to Dundee after game .then got to be back to Buchanan st bus station for 8am 

Rockwell
Just now, Rockwell said:

4 of us coming over on Tuesday next week don't know which pubs will show it but would imagine it will be on in some pubs .still going to game on Monday back to Dundee after game .then got to be back to Buchanan st bus station for 8am 

Weebroon98
18 minutes ago, mitchjambo said:

there is a nothern ireland hearts supporters club on twitter ( @NIHeartsSC) maybe worth contacting them mate

mitchjambo

Old school me, nae Twitter or Facebook. So any pointers on here much appreciated.

SectionG

Watched a couple of games in the South Belfast N I Supporters Club

Geoff Kilpatrick

BBC are showing it so worst case scenario is to watch on iPlayer.

John Findlay
2 hours ago, mitchjambo said:

I'm sure you can pick up BBC Scotland easy enough in Belfast.

weekend offender
6 hours ago, mitchjambo said:

There are a lot o Hearts lads go to Glentoran Games and vice versa. Thats East Belfast though. Being on BBC Scotland I think it would be easy enough to find somewhere showing the game in city centre. 

Italian Lambretta

Im sure it will be on in the Royal Bar in Sandy Row.😉

fabienleclerq
6 hours ago, Rockwell said:

4 of is coming over on Tuesday next week don't know which pubs will show it but would imagine it will be on in some pubs .still going to game on Monday back to Dundee after game .then got to be back to Buchanan st bus station for 8am 

If it goes to extra time you'll be home for 20 minutes then back out😂

Rockwell
42 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

If it goes to extra time you'll be home for 20 minutes then back out😂

Ye time for a quick coffee then out again . seriously thought of watching it on TV but can't help myself Greenock it is .

Jack Torrance

I know Greenock's a bit of a dump, but moving the game to Belfast seems extreme. 😜

1 hour ago, Jack Torrance said:

I know Greenock's a bit of a dump, but moving the game to Belfast seems extreme. 😜

:lol: 

Is there something happening in Belfast this weekend or next week ? A festival or something 

I watched the Rosenborg away game in The Royal bar on Sandy Row. It was mental. They welcome jambos though!

BelgeJambo
8 minutes ago, Negan said:

I watched the Rosenborg away game in The Royal bar on Sandy Row. It was mental. They welcome jambos though!

No guns allowed. Sure I saw that sign when we played Linfield a few years back.  And we got pelted by bottles from the apartment building across the road 

Cameronstheman
3 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Im sure it will be on in the Royal Bar in Sandy Row.😉

Been in there a couple times open all day long :rolleyes4:

Hearts007

Makes a change from " game in Las Vegas" or somewhere

hmfcbilly
1 hour ago, Hearts007 said:

Makes a change from " game in Las Vegas" or somewhere

🤣🤣🤣

mitchjambo

Well done Hearts007, you win. I said to my Mrs that someone would mention Las Vegas. She owes me a pint 😄😄😄

Jack Torrance

Anyone know the best places to park near the Royal Bar?

😁

Hearts007
On 05/03/2024 at 22:27, mitchjambo said:

Well done Hearts007, you win. I said to my Mrs that someone would mention Las Vegas. She owes me a pint 😄😄😄

🍺🙂

tian447

I'll be having a couple of beers watching it with my feet up on the couch :cheers:

Tenuously related but a pal of mine used to get called Greenock because of the way our Northern Irish flatmate pronounced Martin.

the posh bit
2 hours ago, 19052012 said:

Tenuously related but a pal of mine used to get called Greenock because of the way our Northern Irish flatmate pronounced Martin.

😁 

JG_1874

Depends where you’re staying mate 

East Belfast :- either the Con Club or Cosy Bar 

West Belfast :- Berlin Bar or Ulster Rangers 

South Belfast :- Royal Bar or Northern Ireland Bar / Rangers 

any of these bars will have it on or put it on for you mate all well versed with Jambos at certain times of the year 😉

do stay sharp after last weeks result don’t go walking the wrong way 😂

JG_1874
Just now, JG_1874 said:

Depends where you’re staying mate 

East Belfast :- either the Con Club or Cosy Bar 

West Belfast :- Berlin Bar or Ulster Rangers 

South Belfast :- Royal Bar or Northern Ireland Bar / Rangers 

any of these bars will have it on or put it on for you mate all well versed with Jambos at certain times of the year 😉

do stay sharp after last weeks result don’t go walking the wrong way 😂

North Belfast nobody goes there lol 😂 

mitchjambo

Cheers guys, staying near The Royal Bar, so will give it a try. Thanks to all. HHGH.

Seaside Dave

Royal be dead on. Quite a few will show any football. Ignore anyone who's says aye your hearts but are you more rangers hearts or Celtic hearts lol weird bunch us ones 😂😂 just say your hearts and that's it 

Doctor FinnBarr
35 minutes ago, Seaside Dave said:

Royal be dead on. Quite a few will show any football. Ignore anyone who's says aye your hearts but are you more rangers hearts or Celtic hearts lol weird bunch us ones 😂😂 just say your hearts and that's it 

Thats a thing I found when we ran a pub it Barrow, "You Scottish"? "Aye", "Rangers or Celtic"? "Hearts", "which do you prefer, Rangers or Celtic"? "What part of I support Hearts don't you understand"?

dannymack
1 hour ago, Seaside Dave said:

57 minutes ago, Doctor FinnBarr said:

Thats a thing I found when we ran a pub it Barrow, "You Scottish"? "Aye", "Rangers or Celtic"? "Hearts", "which do you prefer, Rangers or Celtic"? "What part of I support Hearts don't you understand"?

Take a step back from the question, look at yourself up and down, smirk, raise your arms from your side and say " Look at me, I'm Heart of Midlothian.... obviously "

poultry

Rangers supporters club in Sandy row or opposite it in the Crown, both places will make you welcome. Even with your Hearts top on.

mitchjambo

In the Royal Bar now. Cheers for the recommendation as game will be on. HHGH 

Cameronstheman
8 minutes ago, mitchjambo said:

Cracking and friendly boozer was in there prior to the Lurgan PSF

JG_1874
42 minutes ago, mitchjambo said:

Enjoy a great pint of Harp 😉 

mitchjambo

Big thanks to Cooper the barman, perfect host. One local had Hearts halftime/fulltime, not happy. I did warn him we are a 2nd half team.

weekend offender

Sandy Row, 🎵overgound underground wombeling free🎵. Should have went to the Rex Bar up the Shankill👍

TorinoJambo
3 hours ago, mitchjambo said:

Big thanks to Cooper the barman, perfect host. One local had Hearts halftime/fulltime, not happy. I did warn him we are a 2nd half team.

Wee Cooper still there? Great wee guy. Royal was HQ when over for the Linfield friendly in 2003.

Geoff Kilpatrick
15 hours ago, JG_1874 said:

Enjoy a great pint of Harp 😉 

That's an oxymoron. Harp is terrible.

mitchjambo

Not sure the same Cooper, he would only have been about 10 in 2003. You talking about his dad maybe?