Kingsley

Robbo51

Robbo51

The new Michael Smith for me in the fact he never seems to be below a 7/10 and just get what it means to play for Hearts. Oozes absolute class every game at the moment. Sounds like he had a tough time off the pitch last season so absolutely buzzing for him and us that he's back to his best this season. Scoring another worldie of a free kick at Hampden would of course top it all off ;) 

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, Robbo51 said:

The new Michael Smith for me in the fact he never seems to be below a 7/10 and just get what it means to play for Hearts. Oozes absolute class every game at the moment. Sounds like he had a tough time off the pitch last season so absolutely buzzing for him and us that he's back to his best this season. Scoring another worldie of a free kick at Hampden would of course top it all off ;) 

As a neutral, who am I kidding, I would far prefer Kingsley in Scotland squad to Ryan Porteous. Can cover different positions and offers threat on dead balls compared to a guy who doesn't play hardly any games and is constantly diving onto blocks to cover for his complete lack of positional ability.

Don't think it will happen though.

Jeremy Goss

My favourite player

Pity we are blessed with left backs at Scotland otherwise would’ve had more caps

Reads the game well and the most composed of our defence. What a player he has been for us.

HoGwash
5 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

As a neutral, who am I kidding, I would far prefer Kingsley in Scotland squad to Ryan Porteous. Can cover different positions and offers threat on dead balls compared to a guy who doesn't play hardly any games and is constantly diving onto blocks to cover for his complete lack of positional ability.

I doubt he'll replace Porteous but he should certainly be ahead of Greg Taylor.

Proved with us he can play cb even on the right. If Clarke playing with a back 3 Kingsley should defo be in consideration.

thegreatsd

I was saying that recently too about him having a bit of the Michael Smiths about him. I mean that in the way that he is so consistent every week and very dependable. Both very different players and Kingsley does have that very classy bit about him where Smith was a bit more dogged. Love the pair of them. Kingsley is brilliant and we are lucky to have him.  Can’t see him going to the euros but if it was up to me he would be for sure. 

copa-mundial

Was going to post a Kingsley thread myself. 

His performances of late have been colossal. Wins headers, very comfortable on the ball. Been playing in an unorthodox position on the right side of defence for spells. But for me, it's his positioning that is priceless. How many times he's there to clear away dangerous balls into the box. 

His vision and reading of the game is a huge asset. 

Also if I'm not wrong. I would say he played the best part of an hour today carrying an injury or knock. 

To his credit he got on with it, and boy we needed him. 

He was my man of the match today. Thought he was superb. 

Mikey1874

He's a top level player. Agree he should be close to Scotland back up player like he did v Ukraine.

Just that experience and know how is invaluable. Current contact to 2025. Hopefully he wants to stay. 

indianajones

He brings so much more to the table than the likes of Porteous. Should be on the plane to Germany imo.

Mr. Consistent. 

Debut 4

I think Michael Smith was below a 7/10 a few times 😄

Kingsley was superb today.  Stepped up to lead by example in the absence of Kent.  

Ricardo Quaresma
24 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Proved with us he can play cb even on the right. If Clarke playing with a back 3 Kingsley should defo be in consideration.

Optionality, for sure, for Clarke there; a travesty if taylor goes to Germany

Stephen Kingsley is far better in every single way

Free kicks is the Cherry on top and should be the clincher, not many FK takers in the pool; who?

bigcoll
On 03/02/2024 at 17:10, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Clark - 6 - I thought he could have been better positioned at both goals but did make a crucial save towards the end after another bombscare moment from Sibbick

Kent - 6 - Struggled a bit in the first half with the swirling ball in the wind. Solid in the second

Cochrane - 8 - A key block towards the end summed up his effort and linked really well with Forrest on the left hand side throughout the game

Lembikisa - 6 - Struggled against Beck but was decent going forward

Sibbick - 4 - Almost single handedly cost us 3 points with horrendous defending

Baningime - 7 - Broke up things and carried the ball well. Our best midfielder on the day

Grant - 5 - Never hid but never did anything either. Would love to know his passing accuracy stat because I can barely recall one to a Hearts player

Nieuwenhof - 5 - Worked hard but didn't contribute much

Shankland - 8 - It's appropriate that his match winner meant he surpassed Rudi for goals for HMFC. Was off the pace first half but owned their defence in the second, especially when Vargas came on

Forrest - 8 - MoM for me. Scored the first having the temerity to take it off Shankland and was a threat down their left all day. A pity that he was left to try and mark McGhee at their first

Oda - 5 - Tried as ever but nothing was coming off for him in this game

Subs:

Vargas - 5 - Made a difference with his pace and threat and contributed a part to the latter two goals

Fraser - 3 - Barely touched the ball

Tait - 4 - Composed on the ball again

Halkett - 1 - Shored things up but should have been on sooner

4 hours ago, Rupert Custard said:

Called Lawrence a shitebag for not taking the penalty.

He then picked the ball out the back of the net😁

50 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Seriously, a neutral, as in a non hearts fan ?

Gorgie_Rules

An example of a player who has come back even better after a lay off, says a lot about his mentality. I believe he has been working with some coaching/phycology agency, seems to be paying dividends going by his form the past few months.

One of the top three players at the club imo. A brilliant professional. 

Malinga the Swinga
4 minutes ago, bigcoll said:

Seriously, a neutral, as in a non hearts fan ?

Of course I'm not neutral, that's why put who am I kidding. 

boag1874

Top class player, could see it from the minute he joined

db211833

I liked Smith,  Kingsley is far superior. Cracking player who will finish his career with us

been here before

Kingsley laid it all on the line this afternoon. Thought he might be heading off at one point following a clash when Hart came flying out and went through him.

For me Cochrane is more of a new Michael Smith.

Tommy Brown
1 hour ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Optionality, for sure, for Clarke there; a travesty if taylor goes to Germany

Stephen Kingsley is far better in every single way

Free kicks is the Cherry on top and should be the clincher, not many FK takers in the pool; who?

Add in Shankland, way above Dykes.

EH11 2NL

Been a brilliant servant to the club already. A true professional. And the free kicks! He might end with us without a trophy but he'll always have that rocket at Hampden. One of the best we've ever scored there. 

Ricardo Quaresma
7 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Add in Shankland, way above Dykes.

Oh, absolutely, adams too; exactly what I wrote on the georgia thread 👇

On 16/11/2023 at 18:59, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I've stated this before, Shankland > adams

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma

Victorian
2 hours ago, tharig said:

He is much better than Smith. He is such a class act. 

This.  He's at least a level above Smith.  

Uncle Buck

A blood doesn’t show on a maroon jersey type performance from him today. Battled on with an injury. He’s a superb player for us.

feedthefox

Absolute Rolls Royce. Just gets on with it no matter where he gets played and always makes the right decision under pressure.

What's his deal situation? We should be extending it at first opportunity.

Mikey1874
1 minute ago, feedthefox said:

Absolute Rolls Royce. Just gets on with it no matter where he gets played and always makes the right decision under pressure.

What's his deal situation? We should be extending it at first opportunity.

May 2025

Borders Jambo
2 hours ago, Carter said:

One of the top three players at the club imo. A brilliant professional. 

Sums up my views.  SK is superb and I always feel more comfortable when he plays, much like MS

rudi must stay

Sorry to say but I think a player of his potential should be doing more in a Hearts shirt 

Valsman

It had been a while since I had been through from Ayrshire but I made the Aberdeen match at Tynecastle. I thought Kingsley’s class just showed the whole match.  He was excellent. 

Jim_Duncan
31 minutes ago, Herbert. said:

He is consistant but never really stands out.

6 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Sorry to say but I think a player of his potential should be doing more in a Hearts shirt 

Attention-seeking guff. 

rudi must stay
Just now, Jim_Duncan said:

Attention-seeking guff. 

He should be knocking at the door for Scotland. But he isnt, that should be the target for him get a place in the squad 

hmfcbilly
3 hours ago, Robbo51 said:

Smith was a consummate professional and never below a 7. Could never understand the seethe on here for him when it appeared. Kingsley though is a level above, never below an 8 for me and thought he really stepped up the day without Kent in the centre. He seemed to have a lack of confidence after his injury last season but this season he's been solid and getting better every week for me. 

hmfcbilly
10 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

🤦

BelgeJambo

He should probably be back up at Left CB for Tierney.  Better than McKenna, Cooper and Porteous imo.

Definitely better than Taylor.  Taylor has no positional sense and most teams attack his side with success.

Jim_Duncan
8 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

He should be knocking at the door for Scotland. But he isnt, that should be the target for him get a place in the squad 

image.jpeg.b73596f9e7ef3105490c12df60a1e97e.jpeg

Amazing he lasted the 90. Must have been down about 3 times, and was hobbling from the 20th minute onwards.

But he still won everything 

Ricardo Quaresma
23 minutes ago, hmfcbilly said:

Smith was a consummate professional and never below a 7. Could never understand the seethe on here for him when it appeared. Kingsley though is a level above, never below an 8 for me and thought he really stepped up the day without Kent in the centre. He seemed to have a lack of confidence after his injury last season but this season he's been solid and getting better every week for me. 

Pretty sure he's Sibbick's mentor too

Glamorgan Jambo

Was absolutely immense today. Has played well in all positions of a back 3, looks comfortable in the middle of a back 4 and is a more than passable left back.

And is tremendously composed and can carry the ball forward with ease.

By the way ‘Porto’ is pretty much a bench warmer at Watford these days. Kingsley is in with a shout for the summer.

cosanostra
27 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Andy Robertson, Kieran Tierney or Aaron Hickey?

Which of the above 3 left backs do you think Kingsley should be targetting? 

The Liverpool captain maybe or the £25m rated Hickey?

He really has been a terrific signing for the club. He's not the most flamboyant in an attacking sense (apart from the free kicks obviously!), but so dependable and solid in defence. The errors are very few and far between, which is so important particularly in games like today.

Benny Klack

Agree 💯 with the OP. Kingsley has been a huge player for us since coming to Hearts. Very dependable.

A couple of wild takes on this thread - it’s probably just unfortunate for Kingsley that at international level there are some very strong players playing the same position (From a greedy point of view at least that keeps him to ourselves and stops other teams seeing how class he is).

Love the guy 🇱🇻❤️

hmfcbilly
1 minute ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Pretty sure he's Sibbick's mentor too

Here's hoping he can bring him on to that level then. 

Benny Klack
1 minute ago, cosanostra said:

Andy Robertson, Keiran Tierney or Aaron Hickey?

This 👍

Ricardo Quaresma
2 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Andy Robertson, Keiran Tierney or Aaron Hickey?

Well, Hickey plays on the right now and is doubtful for Germany, as is Tierney