Kingsley

Robbo51

i wish jj was my dad
2 minutes ago, Benny Klack said:

Agree 💯 with the OP. Kingsley has been a huge player for us since coming to Hearts. Very dependable.

A couple of wild takes on this thread - it’s probably just unfortunate for Kingsley that at international level there are some very strong players playing the same position (From a greedy point of view at least that keeps him to ourselves and stops other teams seeing how class he is).

Love the guy 🇱🇻❤️

Yip. 3 top, top players in front of him but he should be on the plane. 

cosanostra
1 minute ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Well, Hickey plays on the right now and is doubtful for Germany, as is Tierney

They're both injured? That's a blow. I always forget how two footed Hickey was.

Kingsley might actually be in with a shout then as 2nd choice left back. He's better than Greg Taylor.

Ricardo Quaresma
3 minutes ago, Benny Klack said:

Agree 💯 with the OP. Kingsley has been a huge player for us since coming to Hearts. Very dependable.

A couple of wild takes on this thread - it’s probably just unfortunate for Kingsley that at international level there are some very strong players playing the same position (From a greedy point of view at least that keeps him to ourselves and stops other teams seeing how class he is).

Love the guy 🇱🇻❤️

He should go to Germany ahead of taylor; far better as I posted earlier 👇

3 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Optionality, for sure, for Clarke there; a travesty if taylor goes to Germany

Stephen Kingsley is far better in every single way

Free kicks is the Cherry on top and should be the clincher, not many FK takers in the pool; who?

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, cosanostra said:

They're both injured? That's a blow. I always forget how two footed Hickey was.

Kingsley might actually be in with a shout then as 2nd choice left back. He's better than Greg Taylor.

Tierney just back

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/kieran-tierney/verletzungen/spieler/300716

Hickey still out

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/aaron-hickey/verletzungen/spieler/591949

Benny Klack
2 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

He should go to Germany ahead of taylor; far better as I posted earlier 👇

Would agree he should get a seat on the plane ahead of Taylor - I’ll be pretty livid if Taylor gets in the squad tbh. He wasn’t one of the top players I was thinking of in my original post.

Pretty surprised Celtic have  never gone in for SK actually - he is night & day a better player than Taylor.

Ricardo Quaresma
3 minutes ago, Benny Klack said:

Would agree he should get a seat on the plane ahead of Taylor - I’ll be pretty livid if Taylor gets in the squad tbh. He wasn’t one of the top players I was thinking of in my original post.

Pretty surprised Celtic have  never gone in for SK actually - he is night & day a better player than Taylor.

Yeah, pretty sure that's one of Clarke's dilemmas

jamboinglasgow

Still think signing Kingsley in the Championship was incredible business. He has been so good for us. Last season there was off the pitch issues which affected performance but he has been important and this season he has shown how he can play so well at centre back.

Mikey1874
15 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Both due back but that depends on not breaking down again. Tierney got injured first or second game he came back earlier. Kingsley is good cover across the defence. 

A_A wehatethehibs

Fantastic player and IMO Steve Clarke should be strongly considering picking him for the Euros as a utility cover. We as a fan base don’t blow SKs trumpet enough. A top quality player. Scotland having so many good LBs during his career makes him a bit unlucky, in different era he would have a lot more caps. 

hmfc_liam06
16 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Andy Robertson, Kieran Tierney or Aaron Hickey?

Which of the above 3 left backs do you think Kingsley should be targetting? 

The Liverpool captain maybe or the £25m rated Hickey?

Which left sided CB do you think Kinglsey should be targeting? 

Tierney, McKenna or Cooper?

Ricardo Quaresma
23 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Both due back but that depends on not breaking down again. Tierney got injured first or second game he came back earlier. Kingsley is good cover across the defence. 

That's my view and I suspect Clarke will be monitoring the situation very closely

Drylaw Hearts

Kingsley has been fantastic this season….he’s played every position across the back 4 or 5 and hasn’t let us down.

He’ll definitely be on the list for a contract extension this summer.

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

That's my view and I suspect Clarke will be monitoring the situation very closely

Physical aspect has to be a major thing  for Clarke. Fitness, sharpness and form are so major in tournament football. I would personally not take half fit players. A fully fit lower level player is for me a better option than an unfit top level player

Batistuta87

Love him. Even at 29 I'd give him a 4y deal tomorrow. 

Rolls Royce of a player, oozes class, and an absolute wand of a left foot. 

Robbo-Jambo

Always liked Kingsley.

Has a bit of class about him and he really gets the club.

Top professional.

Pasquale for King
20 hours ago, Robbo51 said:

The new Michael Smith for me in the fact he never seems to be below a 7/10 and just get what it means to play for Hearts. Oozes absolute class every game at the moment. Sounds like he had a tough time off the pitch last season so absolutely buzzing for him and us that he's back to his best this season. Scoring another worldie of a free kick at Hampden would of course top it all off ;) 

Hes a better footballer and defender than Smith, only his fitness has held him back. 

Pasquale for King

I would rather he had a well deserved rest in the summer tbh. 

So just as a small thought, with Clarke watching from the stands yesterday.

Stephen Kingsley has been an absolute stroller this season, centre back, left back, wing back, doesn't matter he is solid and classy. Like a classier Michael Smith do you think that he  maybe an outside bet for a call up?

I P Knightley

Depending on the extent of injuries among defenders, Clarke would be wise to keep his options open and consider a reliable utility back as cover. 

No Idle Talk

The national team is tricky for him because Scotland have Andy Robertson and Kieran Tierney. Who, being honest, are better players than Stephen Kingsley. If one of those two was to miss out for any reason then I absolutely think Stephen Kingsley should get a call up. 

He is a fantastic player and I maintain he is the best left back Hearts have. He is also now improving as a centre back. He showed under Robbie that he could play centre back in a back three but his ability to do it in a back four was questionable. He's performed that role well on several occasions for us this season. I am not surprised to see that growth in his game because he is a very intelligent footballer. His decision making is excellent and he rarely does the wrong thing. 

I'm a huge fan. Apart from Craig Gordon he is my favourite player in the current squad. 

Ricardo Quaresma
8 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

The national team is tricky for him because Scotland have Andy Robertson and Kieran Tierney. Who, being honest, are better players than Stephen Kingsley. If one of those two was to miss out for any reason then I absolutely think Stephen Kingsley should get a call up

He is a fantastic player and I maintain he is the best left back Hearts have. He is also now improving as a centre back. He showed under Robbie that he could play centre back in a back three but his ability to do it in a back four was questionable. He's performed that role well on several occasions for us this season. I am not surprised to see that growth in his game because he is a very intelligent footballer. His decision making is excellent and he rarely does the wrong thing. 

I'm a huge fan. Apart from Craig Gordon he is my favourite player in the current squad. 

So, taylor should go instead of Kingsley?

No Idle Talk
9 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

So, taylor should go instead of Kingsley?

Nope. That's not what I said. 

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, No Idle Talk said:

Nope. That's not what I said. 

Kingsley can do taylor's position and the position that porteous plays, leaving more options for attacking positions

I'm sure that is among the permutations that Steve Clarke is considering as I'm not sure the other 2 are doing enough domestically

BigAlim

Centre back possibilities for a back three:

Porteous

Souttar

Hendry

Hanley

Tierney

McKenna

Cooper

I expect one of these to miss out, probably Cooper. Can’t see Clark deviating from this group although I think Kingsley is better than a few of them.

For me his best bet is to be Robertson’s back up instead of Taylor.

Even if he was to go as back up and barely saw any action , it would be just rewards for how good a player he is . Might be more than two Hearts players in the squad for Germany 

Been a while since we have had so many as a possibility . Hartley , Pressly, Gordon and Webster probably the last time 

International games and European games improve players massively so it is good for us if we get three in the squad , even though most will be hard pushed for game time 

Byyy The Light

We’ve got a lot of very likeable players in the squad at the moment, more than I can remember for a long time.

Kingsley is right up there at the top of that list, for his ability, attitude and just being a sound ****.

Should definitely be in with a shout of the Euros squad for his form this season. 

He's doing really well right now, cracking player, fingers crossed stays injury free as he deserves some good luck on that front.