New record for Shankland

scott herbertson

scott herbertson

"Lawrence Shankland becomes the first player in the Premiership era to score 20 league goals in two consecutive seasons."

From the BBC

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bongo 1874

• i wish jj was my dad

• pettigrewsstylist

• cosanostra

AlimOzturk

Clark in the stands today watched him score two beautifully finished goals (one offside) and put on  master class of hold

up play. Don’t take him to the Euros he’s an idiot. Which he isn’t 

Vlad Magic

If he’d only turned up after preseason minus the flab? What a season he could have had!!

😇

RustyRightPeg
51 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Clark in the stands today watched him score two beautifully finished goals (one offside) and put on  master class of hold

It’s unquestionable about him going now. He is, 100%. Clarks decision is whether he starts him or not. 

Jim_Duncan
1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

It’s unquestionable about him going now. He is, 100%. Clarks decision is whether he starts him or not. 

Going with Adams would be a slap in the face and show up Clark for being a stubborn wee fud. 

tian447
26 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

If he’d only turned up after preseason minus the flab? What a season he could have had!!

😇

He was eating pies during the game the other night... :jj:

martoon
Just now, tian447 said:

He was eating pies during the game the other night... :jj:

😄

HoGwash

I'm not sure if it's true or not but I read recently that the 20th league goal today makes him the first Hearts player to score 20 top flight league goals in consecutive seasons since Willie Wallace in 1963/64.

tiger Rudi
21 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

He simply must start him in one of the friendlies. Then its up to Shanks to put in the kind of performance that Clarke can't ignore. 

He's our best goalscoring striker and Clarke will be ridiculed if it all goes tits up at the Euros and Shanks has not been given at least an opportunity in a warm up game. 

100% he's on the plane, I just hope he is seen as a possible starter. 

vegas-voss
1 hour ago, scott herbertson said:

"Lawrence Shankland becomes the first player in the Premiership era to score 20 league goals in two consecutive seasons."

From the BBC

When does that consist of Spl onwards or SPFL ?

Jeremy Goss

One of our greatest ever in the modern era.

Won’t see the likes again for a generation.

milky_26
48 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

😇

its his own fault for knocking his mrs up with 9 months until the start of a season rather than 9 months until just after the season finishes

Fort Vallance

Minus the pie on Wednesday he'd have been onside for the first one. 

heatonjambo

No 

a big pair of tits and a fat arse

🤭

1971fozzy

Never thought I’d have these feelings for another man since Robbo 🤣🤣 

he is supreme.

Victorian

Old Firm clubs had an open goal to invest in a terrific,  proven,  improving,  supremely confident scoring machine.  Old Firm clubs reverted to the default position of not investing money within Scotland.

Things have now moved on.  If they want him in the summer then it should be £8m.  Or we keep him,  sell him elsewhere,  or somehow extend his stay.

Mikey1874

You look at his run of goals and he's basically got everything. Peak performance. 

dazajmbo

Quite the achievement when you consider these guys didn't do it despite being at the big two,  who create far more chances than hearts. 2013 is the start of premiership era

Dembele 

Edouard

Griffiths

Kyogo

Morelos

Tavenier (penaltys)

Commons

Boyd (might be killie tho)

Roofe

Defoe

Forrest

Arfield

Sinclair

Kent

Sakala

Jota

Abada

Giomakkis

Hooper

Colas

Oh and for the wee team.

Nisbet and Boyle too.

periodictabledancer
3 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

He's going. 

100%.

He won't be a starter but he'll play. 

Bazzas right boot

No bad for a lazy, disinterested,  bacon roll eating foya boya!

EH11 2NL
6 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Quite the achievement when you consider these guys didn't do it despite being at the big two,  who create far more chances than hearts. 2013 is the start of premiership era

Dembele 

Edouard

Griffiths

Kyogo

Morelos

Tavenier (penaltys)

Commons

Roofe

Defoe

Forrest

Arfield

Sinclair

Kent

Sakala

Jota

Abada

Giomakkis

Hooper

Colas

Oh and for the wee team.

Nisbet and Boyle too.

Quite incredible really. 

tiger Rudi

Folk and pundits saying his value will be less in the summer with ONLY a year left on his contract are nuts. His form has shown no sign of faltering, he's breaking Spl records for goals scored. I say we add another 3 mill to the price on his head and keep him until his contract runs out.

I'm praying nobody comes in for him in the summer and he extends. 

been here before
2 hours ago, tiger Rudi said:

He simply must start him in one of the friendlies. Then its up to Shanks to put in the kind of performance that Clarke can't ignore. 

He's our best goalscoring striker and Clarke will be ridiculed if it all goes tits up at the Euros and Shanks has not been given at least an opportunity in a warm up game. 

100% he's on the plane, I just hope he is seen as a possible starter. 

He'll start him in the one v Gib and if he hasnt scored a hat trick by 60 mins hook him and bench him for the Finland game giving him 10 mins at the end.

47 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Oh and for the wee team.

Nisbet and Boyle too.

Nisbet and Boyle wouldn't be capable of scoring 20 goals between in back to back seasons  😂

jager man
6 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

Folk and pundits saying his value will be less in the summer with ONLY a year left on his contract are nuts. His form has shown no sign of faltering, he's breaking Spl records for goals scored. I say we add another 3 mill to the price on his head and keep him until his contract runs out.

I'm praying nobody comes in for him in the summer and he extends. 

Firstly I'd love him to stay. But if he plays at the Euros and impresses who knows how much he would go for. 

cosanostra

Realistically, even with only a year left of his contract, we can still probably get £3m-4m for him. 

6 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Realistically, even with only a year left of his contract, we can still probably get £3m-4m for him. 

Imagine he started banging them in for Scotland at the euros?

That would bump the price up even further 

cosanostra
2 minutes ago, Hansel said:

Imagine he started banging them in for Scotland at the euros?

That would bump the price up even further 

I'd absolutely love to see a Hearts player score a few at a major tournament for Scotland. 

When any offers do materialise, I hope we drive a ****ing hard bargain.

1 minute ago, cosanostra said:

I'd absolutely love to see a Hearts player score a few at a major tournament for Scotland. 

Yeah me too.

Nelly Terraces
1 hour ago, dazajmbo said:

Dembele 

Edouard

Griffiths

Kyogo

Morelos

Tavenier (penaltys)

Commons

Roofe

Defoe

Forrest

Arfield

Sinclair

Kent

Sakala

Jota

Abada

Giomakkis

Hooper

Colas

Oh and for the wee team.

Nisbet and Boyle too.

Really puts into context just how good Shanks has been when you see he's outdone that list of players. 

Corstorphine Jambo
1 hour ago, Fort Vallance said:

Minus the pie on Wednesday he'd have been onside for the first one. 

😂😂

Could have easily had a hattrick today - passed up the penalty and Forrest delayed that pass too long for the disallowed one.

I make that 6 against Celtic. 6 against Hibs as well. In less than two seasons

Watt-Zeefuik
5 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

When does that consist of Spl onwards or SPFL ?

From a quick look it looks like Larsen had a run of 4 years and Boyd had a couple of back to back years above it, so must just be SPFL era.

1 hour ago, cosanostra said:

Hopefully our bargaining strategy starts with "can yous all just **** off, please". 

😀 

I agree with Shankland at the next International tournament as a Hearts player. 

He's absolutely brilliant. 

pettigrewsstylist
7 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

He will be in this months squad you would think. Perfect chance to give him decent minutes.

cosanostra
24 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Hopefully our bargaining strategy starts with "can yous all just **** off, please". 

😀

I agree with Shankland at the next International tournament as a Hearts player. 

He's absolutely brilliant. 

If he (when he) says no to a new deal in the summer, I might be tempted to sell of we can get a club to pay maybe £4m.

Pay the juice for Danny Armstrong and Lyall Cameron, a decent quality right back and a couple of strikers.

Dhanda coming in and probably a replacement for Beni.

Then potentially Cochrane moving on too.

Our team is going to need a fair amount if rebuilding. That would be a hell of a lot easier with serious funds to use.

I'd prefer to keep him until the end of his contract. 

The joy we get seeing him score week in and week out outweighs the joy any transfer fee would give me.

TGS 4 Mar 2023.jpg

Edited by Sydney

boag1874
3 minutes ago, Sydney said:

The joy we get seeing him score week in and week out outweighs the joy any transfer fee would give me.

TGS 4 Mar 2023.jpg

Agreed, if he wants to go on a free or pre contract so be it. I can’t stomach the prospect of him playing for anyone else 

martoon
4 hours ago, Jack Torrance said:

And some people said he was just a big pair of tits.

😄

A laugh out loud post, Jack.

FarmerTweedy
4 hours ago, Victorian said:

Old Firm clubs had an open goal to invest in a terrific,  proven,  improving,  supremely confident scoring machine.  Old Firm clubs reverted to the default position of not investing money within Scotland.

Things have now moved on.  If they want him in the summer then it should be £8m.  Or we keep him,  sell him elsewhere,  or somehow extend his stay.

My view in January was that if either arsecheek signed him, whether it cost them 5, 6, or even 7 million quid, it would pretty much guarantee them the league this season and Champions League group stage football next season, which would be worth easily more than £20million to them.  I get that his lack of pace might mean he'd struggle to make an impact in the Champions League itself, and that it'll also put off EPL teams, etc, but he's such a guaranteed Scottish Premiership goalscorer that I honestly think if either arsecheek had signed him in January, he'd have repaid them several times over within the space of a few months! 

I'm very glad they were both too blinkered to sign him though!

manaliveits105
25 minutes ago, Sydney said:

TGS 4 Mar 2023.jpg

Winning the Land battle too ! 

Congratulations on SPL record Lawrence 

cosanostra
38 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Agreed, if he wants to go on a free or pre contract so be it. I can’t stomach the prospect of him playing for anyone else 

I'd rather sell him and rebuild than watch him sign a pre-contract next January for the Huns and have them announce it a few days before we play them.

That would be way worse.

Maple Leaf
2 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

😀

I like that!!

il Duce McTarkin
3 hours ago, Sydney said:

I'm with you. It reminds me of the buzz heading along to games as a youngster just knowing that wee Robbo was going to be on the park. It's a warm fuzzy feeling of quiet confidence that doesn't come along for supporters outside of the old firm very often. 

2 hours ago, cosanostra said:

I'd rather sell him and rebuild than watch him sign a pre-contract next January for the Huns and have them announce it a few days before we play them.

That would be way worse.

Pragmatic and sensible, but neither of those things have any place in this dicussion.