Toby Sibbick

GinRummy

jr ewing
1 minute ago, JamboAl said:

Correct.

We have a squad which should be utilised thoughtfully.

Some opposing teams will have very speedy forwards and Toby's pace will be an essential counter.  Other games may require a more blood and thunder approach to selection when Halkett and Kent are likely to fare best - assuming of course we can get Halkett fit enough more often.

He'll carve out a decent career for himself. Likeable. 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bongo 1874

• saxondale

• Pasquale for King

• jr ewing

Top Posters In This Topic

Bull's-eye

Dont think it matters where he plays if he's in a confident mood. Unfortunately, we've all seen Toby make an early error and his whole body language alters and you can clearly see he doesn't want the ball.

Will he ever get a 10 game run in the team to put these demons to bed ?

Just can't see it myself.

gordon simpson
On 03/03/2024 at 16:01, combo74 said:

Nobody was dreadful today…you don’t beat Celtic with ‘dreadful’ performances in your team. He had a few slack moments, no doubt (as most players do), but ‘dreadful’ is a big over exaggeration. 

spot on 

ScandinavianJambo

Want to offer my congratulations to Sibbick who became a dad (as reported by the EN) and still managed an assured performance against Celtic! Well done young man! 🎉👏

pettigrewsstylist

May well get another run out at RCB at Morton. 

Repeat of Sun would be excellent for the lad!

22 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I think 433 or 4141,is a formation we should play.

It's quite obvious for the most part Naismith is right,or he wouldn't be getting the results he is.

In my opinion Sibbick is a holding midfielder,and allows the team to be more attacking with him having pace.

I'm not right or wrong because we have never tried this.

When Sibbick has played in midfield its been a 4231.

That said he looked good to me all those years ago.

And genuinely as a holder doesn't do much wrong.

He's not going to get a game in defence ahead of the likes of Kent when fit,not even Halkett, or Rowles or even Kingsley.

That's four players that can play centre-back better than him.

My opinion he can play just ahead of them and break up attacks.

He has pace,If you keep on top of him and guide him through games he is fine.

He doesn't take criticism well.

Other players can.

It's about getting the very best out of him.

He loves our club.

I'm happy with whatever formation Naismith wants to play, I think he knows better than us. 
I would enjoy seeing Sibbick put up front sometimes, a bit like Kevin McKenna was, think it might create a few more chances, and he knows how to put the ball in the net too.
IMO he is a very versatile player, strong, quick and skillful.

Watt-Zeefuik
On 04/03/2024 at 13:13, Dazo said:

Not just driven Bongo you are also switched on. Great combination for an online fantasist looking for marbles. 

On Toby he doesn’t have the skills or mentality to play centre midfield. That’s not me saying he is a bad player because he isn’t but he mikes behind our other midfielders including the young guys that get played before him. It’s a shame your fantasist nature stops you conceding SN knows best and you only back him when it he does something that you agree with. 

But he played there once in a win over the OF years ago which means he should naturally be the starter there for the next decade.

Right next to Harry Cochrane, of course, whom we need to go and resign immediately.