• Bongo 1874

• Bazzas right boot

• Mikey1874

• GinRummy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thunder and Lightning
7 hours ago, stirlo said:

We got a couple of breaks today with them missing the penalty - even if it was quite a soft pen in the first place - and then a stupid challenge for the red card from one of their players. 

But the thing about playing the Old Firm at Tynecastle is you have to make it uncomfortable for them and let them know they're in a game in the first few minutes. When you get in their faces and give them very little time on the ball you can see them panicking. 

The only frustration today is that if we had more of an attacking threat we could have given them a real doing with the opportunities we had to break in the second half. 

They didn't "miss" the penalty, it was saved. 

colinmaroon
8 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

:verysmug:

Aye get someone sent off and save their crooked penalties.

Bongo 1874
8 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Robbie Neilson kept you out the team. Let it go Bongo. 

Whatever you say Chief 😂🤣😂.

Have a good night 😀.

Watt-Zeefuik
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

My reason for dropping him is simpleminded.

FTFY

boag1874
2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

He won't be sold to either of them.

My reason for dropping him is simple.

Commit future to Hearts,we helped him and gave him the platform to get his career back on track.

If they valued you at all son.

Why didn't either of them pay the money for you.

It's simple they value Dessers,Kyogo,Danilo,Idah over him.

That's how much they value him.

I want committed players that don't look at them in Awe,that's how you change the mentality.

That's how you run business.

Call me deluded all you want,but I won't stop until we win get it right through the club.

Hearts can go to the next level.

You laughed at me when i said that.

Let's see how it plays out.

I’d argue that dropping your best striker, a player the likes of who you’ve been desperately dreaming of for the barren decades since Robbo, who is averaging a goal a game at the minute and the leagues top scorer just to be petty is a ****ing terrible way to run business. It’s almost Vlad level nonsense 

i wish jj was my dad
8 hours ago, Sow Easy said:

Is there a worse poster on any football forum, ever?

Tries hard but the competition is fierce. 

Jim_Duncan

Hud oan. 

Someone is suggesting giving Shankland a dose of Vlad Flu? This isn’t Marian Kello. This is the best striker in the country. 

Wee Mikey
9 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

Robbie Neilson kept you out the team. Let it go Bongo. 

Only because Bongo refused to commit, lol.

Is it any surprise that he's so coy about his identity ... or is it all fantasy in any case?

chrisyboy7
1 hour ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Hud oan. 

Someone is suggesting giving Shankland a dose of Vlad Flu? This isn’t Marian Kello. This is the best striker in the country. 

One of the best finishers in the history of the club 

Jambomuzz
19 hours ago, Homme said:

Unfortunately they won't see this. Hearts win so they'll get on with their day instead of immediately logging into Kickback.

I’m the opposite, bloody hate coming on here when we are playing shite, it’s so depressing. But here when things are good! 

Jim_Duncan
1 hour ago, chrisyboy7 said:

One of the best finishers in the history of the club 

Drop him for Tagawa, now!

Edited by Jim_Duncan

If we just believe a little more we could win the champions league. Oh and get Stendel back, that would help too. 

Would the poster who told me there's no chance we are beating celtic like to come forward please. I can't be arsed scrolling through my notifications. 

1 minute ago, Marvin said:

Would the poster who told me there's no chance we are beating celtic like to come forward please. I can't be arsed scrolling through my notifications. 

There was more than one said it in the midst of the ridiculous overreaction to the draw against Hibs. 

13 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I hope Bongo is ok!

I do worry about him sometimes  :laugh:

Thunder and Lightning
3 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Is it any surprise that he's so coy about his identity ... or is it all fantasy in any case?

Total fantasy. 

Has a Walter Mitty ever played for Hearts? 

The benefit of having a manager that doesn't view games against the OF as a free hit has genuinely been transformational. 

You beat the OF at all during the season, and I think it instills a really positive feeling across the club and gives the players buckets of confidence. 

I'm still utterly befuddled on what happened at Ibrox, but hopefully it was the sort of reality check we needed. To have had Rangers, Hibs & Celtic back to back in about a week and walk away with 4 points, isn't terrible and I think many of us would have taken that before a ball was kicked. 

Dia Liom
20 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Can you not feel it? When you are watching them giving 100% chasing and closing down players,the fans can see they are giving 100% so then the fans give 100% back 😉.

There is a method to my madness 😂🤣.

You are perfectly describing Stendel’s approach to games. It was complete shit. We got thrashed in most games as the players were running about with no plan. No thank you.

5 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

You are perfectly describing Stendel’s approach to games. It was complete shit. We got thrashed in most games as the players were running about with no plan. No thank you.

TBH I think gegenpressing could work really well in Scottish football, but the implementation of it is key. You cannot play such a specific style of football with a squad that had zero confidence, an utter huddy as a keeper and piss poor fitness. 

The sort of style of play you implement over the summer and drill it like there is no tomorrow. 

Maybe its an overly simplistic view, but I think that method of playing relies on tools we have (fitness, tactical awareness and teamwork) versus possession based which seems to rely on individual quality which we struggle with due to how similar teams outside the OF are in terms of quality. 

gordon simpson
22 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

What happened against Hibs&Rangers mate ?

WTF can you not enjoy the moment or does us papping the tims hurt you 

Smithian

The frustrating thing about the Rangers match is after the first goal, Hearts actually settled don and starting putting in some positive, competent sequences in the Rangers third.

After the second goal it broke down.

Barring huge offers for Shankland, Cochrane, or others, I really hope the club keeps the core together for another year. Celtic seem rather dysfunctional right now and next year may be best starting perch for Hearts in European play for a while. Make a run at a special season in 24-25.

Smithian
16 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

He's a rangers supporter everyone knows that,thankfully the club hold the same views as me, sign the deal or move on out of scotland if the deal is right.

I'm going to take a guess that 98% of professional football players play for clubs that aren't their favorite.

You don't think there are some players in Scotland who are Hearts supporters but still put in effort and dedication for their clubs?

Des Lynam
5 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

I’ve heard Robbie was forever nutmegging him in training. 

HeartsandonlyHearts
On 03/03/2024 at 09:32, Bongo 1874 said:

What happened against Hibs&Rangers mate ?

Draw and a loss. 

RustyRightPeg
2 hours ago, gordon simpson said:

It'll be a bog standard Bong man answer. Give him time to spark up.

I'm gonna start a Bong man Bingo I think.

Bongo 1874
2 hours ago, gordon simpson said:

Bongo loves beating the Tims,He also loves beating the Spoonburners,he loves beating The Zombies.

Bongo 1874
3 hours ago, Dia Liom said:

So shit he's top of the league?

Let's just stand off players and invite trouble that works 💪.

Dia Liom
3 hours ago, OTT said:

TBH I think gegenpressing could work really well in Scottish football, but the implementation of it is key. You cannot play such a specific style of football with a squad that had zero confidence, an utter huddy as a keeper and piss poor fitness. 

The sort of style of play you implement over the summer and drill it like there is no tomorrow. 

Maybe its an overly simplistic view, but I think that method of playing relies on tools we have (fitness, tactical awareness and teamwork) versus possession based which seems to rely on individual quality which we struggle with due to how similar teams outside the OF are in terms of quality. 

To be honest, my response was pretty stupid, but so was the post I was responding to. You make some good points.  

Thomaso
On 03/03/2024 at 15:08, Bongo 1874 said:

Shankland great player want him to commit his future to club.

If not interested then yes.

So if he doesn’t sign - a we drop him when he has over a year left on his contract! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Thomaso

Bongo 1874
1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

So if he doesn’t sign - a we drop him when he has over a year left on his contract! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

He doesn't join either of them, and if he's wanting to run contract down,  we sell to teams outwith our league.

If he rejects teams offers,outwith our league.

We then know what his intentions are.

And I'm certainly not ready to bow down,to either of Celtic or Rangers.

I think I've made that clear.

Works both ways,he scored goals for us,we gave him the platform to do that.

Rangers or Celtic weren't interested in him when in Belgium, this is a direct ploy to try and weaken us.

But I'm switched on.

Thomaso
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

He doesn't join either of them, and if he's wanting to run contract down,  we sell to teams outwith our league.

If he rejects teams offers,outwith our league.

We then know what his intentions are.

And I'm certainly not ready to bow down,to either of Celtic or Rangers.

I think I've made that clear.

Works both ways,he scored goals for us,we gave him the platform to do that.

Rangers or Celtic weren't interested in him when in Belgium, this is a direct ploy to try and weaken us.

But I'm switched on.

“I’m switched on”! 🤣🤣🤣

Bongo 1874
1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

“I’m switched on”! 🤣🤣🤣

Yeah,I don't pander to nobody,and see what is going on behind the scenes.

Thomaso
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Yeah,I don't pander to nobody,and see what is going on behind the scenes.

Bully for you! 💪

Watt-Zeefuik
21 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

“I’m switched on”! 🤣🤣🤣

For the love of God, someone please find the switch and switch him off.

Watt-Zeefuik
4 hours ago, OTT said:

When I think about how it could be implemented well, I think it's not too different from Angeball. The problem is any kind of pressing like that exhausts the players, so you've got to overwhelm teams and put them to the sword early or your exhaustion will catch up to you. If a team has the quality level to repel the early onslaught, it loses a lot of its advantage, as Celtic found out in the CL.

Without an extra level of quality in the pressers, Scottish sides can just sit in and punt the ball back up the pitch and make the pressing side wear themselves out running around, then break them down late.

No Idle Talk

We've certainly stepped it up a level against Celtic this season. Which is great. 

Rangers we still haven't beaten since Daniel Stendel. There is still plenty of scope for improvement when it comes to facing them. 

Edited by No Idle Talk

Bongo 1874

Sunday's 2-0 victory was influenced by a red card to the Celtic forward Hyunjun Yang after 16 minutes with the game goalless. "That gave us more freedom out of possession," explained Naismith. "We wanted to press aggressively and I think we did. Our wing-backs were among the highest players on the pitch. When they went down to 10 men, you get that freedom to think that you probably don't need to think about anybody behind you. The players can just go and we trust them in their positions.

"As long as you can keep the ball and pass the ball, it asks the opponents to do more work. Inevitably, whether it's within five minutes or 45 minutes, you will get opportunities. That was the biggest thing we did well."

Seems like big Bad Bong kens his onions.

Either that or he phoned up Naisy and told him to say this 🤫🤔 which one ?

It would also appear Naisy agrees with Bongo about the Ibrox result?

Looking at the stats from that 5-0 Rangers game, I would argue we played a big part in giving up all five goals. The game was gone at half-time when it was 3-0, but the other stats are around about where we need to be when we play the Old Firm. Our stats on Sunday were similar. We will have as many shots, we have as much a share of the game as they do. That's where we need to be consistent. That's what gives you the chance to show you are competing.

You need to look at everything," he said. "For different reasons, playing at home against a team that sit in is just as hard as when you come up against the best teams in the league. We should be competing in these games.

Ibrox wasn't acceptable last week.

Bongo Kens his stuff.

switched on.

Bongo 1874
On 04/03/2024 at 12:52, Dia Liom said:

Sunday's 2-0 victory was influenced by a red card to the Celtic forward Hyunjun Yang after 16 minutes with the game goalless. "That gave us more freedom out of possession," explained Naismith. "We wanted to press aggressively and I think we did. Our wing-backs were among the highest players on the pitch. When they went down to 10 men, you get that freedom to think that you probably don't need to think about anybody behind you. The players can just go and we trust them in their positions.

"As long as you can keep the ball and pass the ball, it asks the opponents to do more work. Inevitably, whether it's within five minutes or 45 minutes, you will get opportunities. That was the biggest thing we did well."

Either that or he phoned up Naisy and told him to say this 🤫🤔 which one ?

Looking at the stats from that 5-0 Rangers game, I would argue we played a big part in giving up all five goals. The game was gone at half-time when it was 3-0, but the other stats are around about where we need to be when we play the Old Firm. Our stats on Sunday were similar. We will have as many shots, we have as much a share of the game as they do. That's where we need to be consistent. That's what gives you the chance to show you are competing.

You need to look at everything," he said. "For different reasons, playing at home against a team that sit in is just as hard as when you come up against the best teams in the league. We should be competing in these games.

Bongo Kens his stuff.

switched on.

Genuinely worry if anyone has played the game on here.

Football is simple.

spacerjoe
2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Sunday's 2-0 victory was influenced by a red card to the Celtic forward Hyunjun Yang after 16 minutes with the game goalless. "That gave us more freedom out of possession," explained Naismith. "We wanted to press aggressively and I think we did. Our wing-backs were among the highest players on the pitch. When they went down to 10 men, you get that freedom to think that you probably don't need to think about anybody behind you. The players can just go and we trust them in their positions.

Looking at the stats from that 5-0 Rangers game, I would argue we played a big part in giving up all five goals. The game was gone at half-time when it was 3-0, but the other stats are around about where we need to be when we play the Old Firm. Our stats on Sunday were similar. We will have as many shots, we have as much a share of the game as they do. That's where we need to be consistent. That's what gives you the chance to show you are competing.

You need to look at everything," he said. "For different reasons, playing at home against a team that sit in is just as hard as when you come up against the best teams in the league. We should be competing in these games.

Bongo Kens his stuff.

switched on.

Football is simple.

We should drop the guy who has scored over half our goals this season.

It's just that simple.

Watt-Zeefuik
7 minutes ago, spacerjoe said:

It's just that simple.

Don't forget "Forrest isn't good enough and we need to get rid."

tian447
On 04/03/2024 at 09:01, Wee Mikey said:

It's 100% pure sparkling mountain spring fantasy :rofl:

Bongo 1874
4 hours ago, spacerjoe said:

It's just that simple.

4 hours ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Don't forget "Forrest isn't good enough and we need to get rid."

3 hours ago, tian447 said:

It's 100% pure sparkling mountain spring fantasy :rofl:

If Shankland signs a new deal, i will be first on here apologising u have my word 😂🤣👍.

the real mackay
On 03/03/2024 at 14:52, JJ93 said:

Exactly 

Remember Tom Hardy’s Dog absolutely slaughtering Naismith. Funny that we don’t hear from him these days. 

john thomas
17 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Bongo Kens his stuff.

switched on.

Football is simple.

Genuinely worry ?

**** me 

Ex member of the SaS

The reason I have for saying these games are a free hit is the officials rarely give us any serious decisions, there are obviously anomalies that pop up, but generally we get nothing from these games, and as much as I hate to say it VaR came to our rescue against Celtic. Yellow for the high kick and no penalty for hand ball. We played very well and may well have scored anyway, but had their penalty gone in, I suggest we may well have lost.