We are not

RS86

Watt-Zeefuik
1 hour ago, Papa said:

I agree. However there are too many clubs that rely on at least two visits from each of the uglies for survival. I’m afraid we are stuck with the current leagues in perpetuity. The absurd 11:1 voting system is another obstacle to meaningful change. We have the misguided sheep to blame for that.

The infuriating thing is that in the current system, they're all much more prone to relegation and getting no visits from the uglies and having that crater their budgets.

And as UEFA are showing this season, there are a lot of formats out there in the world of sport other than single tables and splits. One of my favorite systems that will never happen is an east coast/west coast "conference" split with two parallel 10 team tables that split in two and merge 2x top 5 and 2x bottom 5 for the second half of the season with a fresh clean table. It would give a lot of the yo-yo Strathclyde clubs regular visits from the OF and a far more interesting east coast table with the Lothian, Fife, and Tayside clubs plus Aberdeen, and maybe one of the Highland clubs.

But again, that's just one of at least a dozen possible formats which would be an improvement on the existing one. I don't even care which one anymore, just pick one and get off this fetid disaster of a setup.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• buzzbomb1958

• Chuck Berry

• Papa

• Watt-Zeefuik