"Ratings"

Geoff Kilpatrick

Ally Alexander
3 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

The 2nd goal Kent turns Dessers well then has the whole park in front of him but decides to turn back and pass to Rowles who then loses it. That goal was when we were playing well

and back in the game. Game was then over. Terrible decision making 

Looked a bit like a hospital pass

ArcticJambo
Just now, Ally Alexander said:

Looked a bit like a hospital pass

Rowles just isn't particulary good with the ball at his feet, imo.

Pete Elliott

Not sure why folk are having a go about the formation. Same formation we used when we won 2-0. Problem today wasn’t the tactics, it was application.

3 hours ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Clark - 4 - Some good saves, but culpable for at least a couple of goals. 5th was a shocker. Time for Gordon to return.

Kent - 5 - Not the worst defender

Kingsley - 6 - Ok

Atkinson - 1 - Astonishingly bad. Looked like he was playing for Rangers for a while as he kept breaking up our attacks

Rowles - 3 - Shocking

Baningime - 4 - Rangers were too quick for him

Grant - 0 - Completely and utterly anonymous. Find another club you wage thief

Nieuwenhof - 7 - MoM. Which coming from me is quite something

Shankland - 6 - Very little opportunity, but ok

Vargas - 5 - So so, with very little to work with

Cochrane - 3 - Really poor defending and not much better going forward

Subs:

Forrest - 4 - Got involved 

Devlin - 4 - Put in a shift

Tagawa - 1 - Please find a new club

Fraser - 2 - No time but looks really slow 

Tait - 0 - Did nothing but still got booked 

Naismith - 1 - Omnishambles of a defense today. Whatever the tactics were, they were all wrong.

Pathetic 

Ricardo Quaresma

I thought Tagawa was reasonably bright when he came on, no unforced errors

Still a long way to go for him, though; be good to get 3rd ASAP and get him lots of minutes

colinmaroon
6 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Clark - 5 - Couple of good saves but a couple of horrendous efforts at stops as well

Kent - 4 - Part of the collective clown show of a defence

Kingsley - 5 - Probably the best of a bad bunch at the back

Atkinson - 2 - The only miracle is how he played the full 90

Rowles - 1 - Sold the game with that error at the second goal, topping off an utterly dreadful display

Baningime - 3 - Slept at their first and contributed to their 4th with shan defending

Grant - 4 - Anonymous first half. Had a decent effort of a free kick

Nieuwenhof - 7 - MoM. Tackled well, scrapped and created a few openings. Can be pleased with his own effort

Shankland - 6 - Little service but still unlucky when he headed against the post

Vargas - 5 - Like Shankland, had little in the way of service but never stopped running and chasing

Cochrane - 4 - See the other defenders

Subs:

Forrest - 4 - Made a couple of decent runs and forced a save out of Butland

Devlin - 3 - Gave the ball away far too often but got stuck in more than most of his midfield counterparts

Tagawa - 3 - Decent effort, albeit a TV save was the result

Fraser - 2 - Couple of good passes

Tait - 1 - No time but still got booked

Naismith - 2 - Got the formation completely wrong.

How Grant got a plus score baffles me.  He flatters to deceive.  A few fancy touches, a couple of passes to a teammate, does not compensate for his 100% missing defensively.  Hearts played with a man short in midfield whenever Rangers had the ball.  Deny him space and time and he goes missing.

Madjambo21
2 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Still a long way to go for him, though; be good to get 3rd ASAP and get him lots of minutes

Thought this also.

Looked decent.

1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

How Grant got a plus score baffles me.  He flatters to deceive.  A few fancy touches, a couple of passes to a teammate, does not compensate for his 100% missing defensively.  Hearts played with a man short in midfield whenever Rangers had the ball.  Deny him space and time and he goes missing.

I completely agree re Jorge Grant. I thought Naismith had his number in close season. Yet he's continued to be in his plans. Decent technique but just all too often he's on the edge of a game. Too often a peripheral figure. 

If we revert to 4231 we look a better side. Shankland occupying a slightly deeper role with Vargas as the mobile furthest most player. That takes Grant out of the equation. His work out of possession isn't what's required imo. 

Watt-Zeefuik
8 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Kent was responsible for more goals than Rowles today so giving him a higher score is strange. 

Overall its as bad a beating as I can remember. 

This. I think folk are hesitant to slate Mr. Dependable but he had an absolutely terrible game and should be called out for it.

The softest goals of the night were 4 and 5, both were Kent's mistakes, and both happened with Rowles on the bench.

Harry Potter
14 hours ago, Graham Thomson said:

Zander . 5

Cochrane. 3

Rowles . 2 

Kent .  4 

Atkinson. 2 

Beni. 3 

Grant. 4 

The rest did ok. 

A back four against the better teams is much more suited to our players. 

We had a strong bench, it will be interesting to see what Wednesday's team will be.

should have put the bench on the 18 yard line, the wooden one we had in the mill was solid.

4 hours ago, Baxfee said:

Tagawa did ok. Hopefully going to build on this 

It’s a wee positive I agree.  

Pete Elliott
7 hours ago, Carter said:

I completely agree re Jorge Grant. I thought Naismith had his number in close season. Yet he's continued to be in his plans. Decent technique but just all too often he's on the edge of a game. Too often a peripheral figure. 

If we revert to 4231 we look a better side. Shankland occupying a slightly deeper role with Vargas as the mobile furthest most player. That takes Grant out of the equation. His work out of possession isn't what's required imo. 

I’m absolutely no fan of Grant but yesterday was not his fault. For the ten minutes where we were actually brave in possession and showed some belief he was central to most of it. It was the abysmal defending yesterday that didn’t give the backbone for that to happen more often.

BackOfTheNet
11 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Good to read positives about him, even if small. From the highlights his chance is exactly what a lot of us have talked about - his movement. He wants to play off the shoulder and peel away to make a good run. Forrest played a decent ball, but if it was a little better Tagawa could have been right in. Still a decent effort with the chance he did have.

Problem for him is we rarely face such a high defensive line, and he’s rarely on the pitch in those circumstances without Shankland, where the ball would likely instead have been played to Shankland’s feet for a one two or worked out wide to get it into the box. (Which has worked really well for us, but you can see why Tagawa’s strengths aren’t being utilised in such a system)

Edited by BackOfTheNet

AC Mallin_51
16 hours ago, OTT said:

Zander 3 

Cochrane 3

Rowles 1

Kent 4

Kingsley 3

Atkinson 2

Beni 2

Hoff 5

Grant 4

Shanks 5

Vargas 3

Speaking to one of my Rangers supporting mates and he was basically saying that the game was going to come where they took their chances, looks like that was today. Would say though, that it doesn't look like we turned up and we didn't compete or defend well at all. We have a team stacked with internationals and I think there are some players in there that should be apologising to their teammates. 

Zander already under a lot of pressure from Gordon for his position back will see that ramp up as a result of today. His CBs were of absolutely no help to him, and despite that he made some decent saves, although pretty poor too IMO.

Hoff and Shanks get pass marks. 

Just not good enough, there is a manner to lose and that isn't it. 

Had a Rangers pal of mine say the exact same thing. Said that’s been coming for weeks 

pettigrewsstylist

Just watched the 3rd goal again. FFS. Reducing that individual to a zero score, upon reflection

Ricardo Quaresma
5 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Good to read positives about him, even if small. From the highlights his chance is exactly what a lot of us have talked about - his movement. He wants to play off the shoulder and peel away to make a good run. Forrest played a decent ball, but if it was a little better Tagawa could have been right in. Still a decent effort with the chance he did have.

Problem for him is we rarely face such a high defensive line, and he’s rarely on the pitch in those circumstances without Shankland, where the ball would likely instead have been played to Shankland’s feet for a one two or worked out wide to get it into the box. (Which has worked really well for us, but you can see why Tagawa’s strengths aren’t being utilised in such a system)

He's going to have to get CF soon, with Shankland at #10, or resting, just to get into playing again, but yes, still quite surprised how sharp / alert he looked