The Aussies

Greedy Jambo

Greedy Jambo

Don't get me wrong, all 3 of them are good enough if we're playing the Ross County. 

Maybe my ambitions are slightly higher than the Regulars of kickback. 

And let's be honest, a lot of you didn't want Shankland and you were happy with Robbie Neilson, who is now managing a lower division team in the US that nobody cares about. 

Edited by Greedy Jambo

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Greedy Jambo

• saxondale

• Bazzas right boot

• Russ1977

Thunder and Lightning
5 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Don't get me wrong, all 3 of them are good enough if we're playing the Ross County. 

And let's be honest, a lot of you didn't want Shankland and you were happy with Robbie Neilson, who is now managing a lower division team in the US that nobody cares about. 

That can't be right. Thought Robbie was destined for the EPL? 

Spellczech

I think you maybe went off on a tangent and forgot to actually state your point?

saxondale
3 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

Australians are a nationality. It’s Xenophobic at best. To be honest we should have all just ignored @Greedy Jambo

That's the same old trope racists trot out to justify what they say. Race applies not just to the colour of your skin, but also nationality, origin etc. So it's racist.

Even if it wasn't racist, is Xenophobia okay then?

I think you're being pedantic, to say the least.

saxondale
3 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I think it's more enjoyable having that imbecilic OP completely flamed.

A page of his nonsense statement being roasted, followed by a swift thread lockdown would have been ideal. Best of both worlds.

saxondale
On 25/02/2024 at 10:21, Muppetboy said:

I dunno if Atkinson and rowles get delusions of grandeur because they're playing for a national team in world tournaments? Atkinson definitely gives off the vibe of thinking he's better than what he is. Rowles seems a tad more humble but even still had the propensity to do things his level of ability just won't allow

What's that based on? I've not seen or read anything that would suggest that.

No Idle Talk

They've been a mixed bag. 

Nieuwenhof is growing on me. 

Devlin I like. He has his limitations but his spirit is infectious and he brings something different to the table. 

Rowles and Atkinson I am not keen on. 

1971fozzy

Tragic thread by a sad & tragic poster. How this hasn’t been binned / locked just amazes.

colinmaroon
On 24/02/2024 at 17:10, BackOfTheNet said:

Didn’t see it, and I understand emotions are high, but this is a ludicrous post to make in the context of the season so far.

Unless people are making conclusions on one (horrendous) game alone? Which I’m sure they’re not, as that would be dense. 

If he is of the TikTok crowd, history begins with the last post they read.  So, it can change every day, or less.

Occasionally, a TikTok PhD stretches to "thinking" but their conclusion is always based on how they "feel", not on the facts.

Wee Mikey
1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

If he is of the TikTok crowd, history begins with the last post they read.  So, it can change every day, or less.

Occasionally, a TikTok PhD stretches to "thinking" but their conclusion is always based on how they "feel", not on the facts.

***Rant Alert***   ***Rant Alert***

Prior to thread lock-down, let's go on a wee diversion.

Tik Tok? Don't get me started! That, along with Instagram, Facebook, and other so-called 'social media platforms' ... plus the terminology and phraseology surrounding them is enough to drive one to distraction ... in spite of avoiding at every opportunity.

The noun 'influencer' is one of the very worst. Just Google 'Social Media Influencer' and see the definition(s), not to mention the examples, that pop up. Utterly spew inducing.

I can only imagine that anyone 'influenced' by such up their own arse, attention-seeking, narcissistic, manipulative, not to mention money-grubbing so-and-sos must be tragically immature.

I can hardly imagine the paucity of meaning or richness in these peoples' lives that they voluntarily 'follow' (another fine example of the ghastly terminology) such low-grade stuff. Fancy being so lacking in independent thought that you'd feel the need to be a 'follower'? Where is those folks' self-respect?

As for that horrendous adjective 'Instagrammable'? It genuinely does my nut in. All it takes is for some eejit who has somehow gained some traction to post to their however many 'followers' and the sheep congregate.

Just one example being Circus Lane in Stockbridge. 'Social Media Influencers' almost tripping over themselves to post their version of one of Edinburgh's most 'Instagrammable' locations, and bingo!

Before you can draw breath the wee lane is overwhelmed with copy cats plaguing the area to the detriment of its residents. A wee stroll & a quick pic is one thing, but what amounts to invasion of privacy plus those poseur wannabe models who have the nerve to use it as a pop-up studio for photo shoots?

'Anti-Social Media' morelike.

Anyhoo, the stuff generated seems, on the whole to be the very epitome of banality and this is highlighted no better than by the utter guff that appears on peoples' smart phones.

I refer to what seems to pass now as 'News'. All it takes is for a gormless tourist to post a banal comment with a stupid photo onto their favoured 'Social Media Platform' and the wee gremlins who scour suchlike for local news outlets fire it off as though it is some sort of important, not to be missed 'Story'.

In reality, it is never anything other than 'Clickbait'. You'd think that such idiotic, lowest of the low, and laziest examples of journalism*, would have no life-span whatsoever; but, "Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the clicking public" is perhaps today's apt mantra. It seems like the lowest common denominator is what is being actively sought.

*Disclaimer - the word 'journalism' in relation to what e.g. 'Edinburgh Live' et-al  produce via their reporters** is, of course an oxymoron of the highest order.

**Terminology correction: the word 'reporters' is a euphemism for the more accurate 'Cut and Paste Operatives'.

***Rant Over***   ***Rant Over***

Bull's-eye
14 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Tik Tok? Don't get me started! That, along with Instagram, Facebook, and other so-called 'social media platforms' ... plus the terminology and phraseology surrounding them is enough to drive one to distraction ... in spite of avoiding at every opportunity.

The noun 'influencer' is one of the very worst. Just Google 'Social Media Influencer' and see the definition(s), not to mention the examples, that pop up. Utterly spew inducing.

I can only imagine that anyone 'influenced' by such up their own arse, attention-seeking, narcissistic, manipulative, not to mention money-grubbing so-and-sos must be tragically immature.

I can hardly imagine the paucity of meaning or richness in these peoples' lives that they voluntarily 'follow' (another fine example of the ghastly terminology) such low-grade stuff. Fancy being so lacking in independent thought that you'd feel the need to be a 'follower'? Where is those folks' self-respect?

As for that horrendous adjective 'Instagrammable'? It genuinely does my nut in. All it takes is for some eejit who has somehow gained some traction to post to their however many 'followers' and the sheep congregate.

Just one example being Circus Lane in Stockbridge. 'Social Media Influencers' almost tripping over themselves to post their version of one of Edinburgh's most 'Instagrammable' locations, and bingo!

Before you can draw breath the wee lane is overwhelmed with copy cats plaguing the area to the detriment of its residents. A wee stroll & a quick pic is one thing, but what amounts to invasion of privacy plus those poseur wannabe models who have the nerve to use it as a pop-up studio for photo shoots?

Anyhoo, the stuff generated seems, on the whole to be the very epitome of banality and this is highlighted no better than by the utter guff that appears on peoples' smart phones.

I refer to what seems to pass now as 'News'. All it takes is for a gormless tourist to post a banal comment with a stupid photo onto their favoured 'Social Media Platform' and the wee gremlins who scour suchlike for local news outlets fire it off as though it is some sort of important, not to be missed 'Story'.

In reality, it is never anything other than 'Clickbait'. You'd think that such idiotic, lowest of the low, and laziest examples of journalism*, would have no life-span whatsoever; but, "Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the clicking public" is perhaps today's apt mantra. It seems like the lowest common denominator is what is being actively sought.

*Disclaimer - the word 'journalism' in relation to what e.g. 'Edinburgh Live' et-al  produce via their reporters** is, of course an oxymoron of the highest order.

**Terminology correction: the word 'reporters' is a euphemism for the more accurate 'Cut and Paste Operatives'.

What's your point ?

Muppetboy
7 hours ago, saxondale said:

He gets caught out of position a lot because he's more interested in dribbling forward and doing his wee Ronaldo cut inside thing. He's there to defend first and foremost, the rest is secondary after that

7 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

They've been a mixed bag. 

Nieuwenhof is growing on me. 

Devlin I like. He has his limitations but his spirit is infectious and he brings something different to the table. 

Rowles and Atkinson I am not keen on. 

As per myself. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Bull's-eye said:

What's your point ?

Do rants need to have a point?

Can a rant just not be a good auld ffashioned vent.

Get on board the rant train!

Bazzas right boot

Regarding any of our players, the issue on here is  more the hype created by some that sets the players up for a big fall.

Devlin, we all know his weakness and strengths that he can bring to the team.

Hoff- I think he's a bit if a meh player but has improved and getting better.

Rowles,  can be weak and bullied at times but is also a good tackler,  good positionaly,  decent speed and good on the ball.

Aki- he's better going forward than defensively. 

I summarise,  but sometimes these guys play well- that does not make them brilliant or worth £10m !

Likewise,  when they get battered or have a poor game they just don't turn suddenly completely shite and need binned.

I can't believe that adults can swing from such extremes in such short spaces of time and actually post it.

gregzy2k7

The Aussies are not shite,

In fact most have made a decent impact at us,

Cammy Devlin has been a success imo and has contributed well to the first team been unfortunate with injuries this year.

Kye Rowles although he had a nightmare against Rangers has been mainly solid for us and has put in some really good performances this season.

Calem Neiwenhof has been solid on the whole and was starting to come onto a real game in the last few matches.

Nathaniel Atkinson also had a nightmare against Rangers but I feel like he started the season well for us and was one of our most consistent performers imo before going to the Asian cup.

I think most of them have been decent signings tbh and have all contributed in different ways.

We tend to forget this after a thoroughly shite performance from the whole team at Ibrox though,

Could we do better? I think there's always the potential to do better and upgrade or improve the team and I feel like there are players out there who possibly could improve on these 4 especially Atkinson as I feel he is the weakest of the 4, but to say they have been shite and we should get rid is just not right imo.

Harry Potter
41 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Do rants need to have a point?

Can a rant just not be a good auld ffashioned vent.

Get on board the rant train!

rant is good, clears the mind.

henrysmithsgloves
2 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

A rant and half😳 glad you have got it off your chest 👍🏻👍🏻😉

saxondale
2 hours ago, Muppetboy said:

He gets caught out of position a lot because he's more interested in dribbling forward and doing his wee Ronaldo cut inside thing. He's there to defend first and foremost, the rest is secondary after that

😂

He thinks he's better than he is because he does a Ronaldo chop and get caught out of possession? Can't believe you've that opinion based on that. Lots of players do that chop, and they do it for a reason - it's functional.

And he can defend, as has been proven with stats (and using your eyes) across the season. He just had a bad game on Saturday like everyone else.

Bad Religion
4 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

From the guy who posted a picture of himself eating steak and chips in the Brits aboard area of Malta :facepalm:

Des Lynam
11 hours ago, saxondale said:

That's the same old trope racists trot out to justify what they say. Race applies not just to the colour of your skin, but also nationality, origin etc. So it's racist.

Even if it wasn't racist, is Xenophobia okay then?

I think you're being pedantic, to say the least.

That’s quite a leap you’ve made there on several fronts. 

saxondale
1 hour ago, Des Lynam said:

That’s quite a leap you’ve made there on several fronts. 

Go on then, please elaborate.

And nice attempt at avoiding answering a simple question.

1971fozzy
5 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

nae idea what this means but bloody great rant whatever it was 👍👍🇱🇻🇱🇻

colinmaroon
6 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Spot on.  Where it is dangerous is when some indoctrinated ex-student posts something on a serious issue, completely ignorant of the complex nature of the subject and the sheep all jump on board and, next thing you've got thousands on the streets, or targeting those who dare to disagree, with threats of violence.   These platforms have contributed more than anything else yo the chaos in this country.

GorgieFifeLife
12 hours ago, saxondale said:

I’d have to agree I’ve not seen anything from him to suggest he thinks he is better.  He quite often looks like a little boy lost out on the pitch and if anything his confidence looks low a lot of the time.

Watt-Zeefuik
4 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Spot on.  Where it is dangerous is when some indoctrinated ex-student posts something on a serious issue, completely ignorant of the complex nature of the subject and the sheep all jump on board and, next thing you've got thousands on the streets, or targeting those who dare to disagree, with threats of violence.   These platforms have contributed more than anything else yo the chaos in this country.

No, it's that damned "rock and roll" the kids are listening to that's ruining everything.

Wee Mikey
2 hours ago, Bad Religion said:

From the guy who posted a picture of himself eating steak and chips in the Brits aboard area of Malta :facepalm:

Wrong on three counts, therefore 0/10 for content as well as 0/10 for effort.

Firstly, you are likening JKB to Tik Tok, Instagram, and Facebook.

Secondly, it wasn't steak, it was local fish.

Thirdly, it was most certainly not 'the Brits abroad area of Malta'.

"Ignorance is bliss", one might say.

3 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

rant is good, clears the bowels

STFY

Edited by Thomaso

Sinbad the Sailor

Wee Mikey's rant made me laugh. What about gender benders, pronoun badges and man-buns?

Sinbad the Sailor
11 minutes ago, Sinbad the Sailor said:

Wee Mikey's rant made me laugh. What about gender benders, pronoun badges and man-buns?

Oops forgot the 😉 

Muppetboy
4 hours ago, saxondale said:

😂

He thinks he's better than he is because he does a Ronaldo chop and get caught out of possession? Can't believe you've that opinion based on that. Lots of players do that chop, and they do it for a reason - it's functional.

And he can defend, as has been proven with stats (and using your eyes) across the season. He just had a bad game on Saturday like everyone else.

Well if ur talking about stats, I'm sure u could tell me that his dispossession percentages are very high. Listen, I like him, but he needs to know what he is and what he's not. What's he's capable and what his limitations are. And we can agree to disagree re the Ronaldo chop as u call it, I'm not au fait with that terminology 

saxondale
1 hour ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

I’d have to agree I’ve not seen anything from him to suggest he thinks he is better.  He quite often looks like a little boy lost out on the pitch and if anything his confidence looks low a lot of the time.

Exactly my thoughts. He seems quite introverted, not Billy big time.

saxondale
26 minutes ago, Muppetboy said:

Well if ur talking about stats, I'm sure u could tell me that his dispossession percentages are very high. Listen, I like him, but he needs to know what he is and what he's not. What's he's capable and what his limitations are. And we can agree to disagree re the Ronaldo chop as u call it, I'm not au fait with that terminology 

I wasn't disputing him giving away possession; he takes more risks than most and therefore will naturally lose the ball more often.

What cannot be disputed is that his defensive stats are good, and clear for all to see (who don't have an agenda against him).

As another poster has suggested, it's pretty clear the guy is introverted and often low on confidence - those aren't traits you'd associate with someone thinking they are better than they are.

If you don't like him as a footballer, that's fine, but there is no point stating things that are unfounded and simply untrue.

Atkinson losing the ball often is not helping this team progress. Just prior to the 1st goal at Ibrox, the lad was smack bang centre midfield, why? Headless chicken, someone quipped...I agree.

colinmaroon
3 hours ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

No, it's that damned "rock and roll" the kids are listening to that's ruining everything.

To compare the rock 'n' roll with TikTok etc., is like comparing a handgrenade with the atomic bomb. 

Watt-Zeefuik
1 minute ago, colinmaroon said:

To compare the rock 'n' roll with TikTok etc., is like comparing a handgrenade with the atomic bomb. 

Okay, not rock and roll. Must be satanic kids playing Dungeons and Dragons and video games . . .

Sub4TiddlerMurray
2 hours ago, OBE said:

Atkinson losing the ball often is not helping this team progress. Just prior to the 1st goal at Ibrox, the lad was smack bang centre midfield, why? Headless chicken, someone quipped...I agree.

Saying he's a "headless chicken" is a lazy trope to use when you're obviously unhappy about his performance against Rangers. It also disregards the fact that he was the key difference (alongside Oda) in the previous game against Motherwell. 

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

rant is good, clears the mind.

Rant and a wank.

Job done.

Bazzas right boot
21 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

"Play the Ross county '

What are you expecting,  promotion to la liga?

Ross county are a team we play in our league, who do you think we are signing players to play against,  if not teams in the ****ing league?

By regulars, you mean folk that post frequently and when we are winning as opposed to yourself that goes missing then  gives this place a slaver carpet bombing after a defeat?

By ambition,  you mean singling out a nationality of player and slagging them?

You obviously care, you brought it up.

Bad Religion
7 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Wrong on three counts, therefore 0/10 for content as well as 0/10 for effort.

Firstly, you are likening JKB to Tik Tok, Instagram, and Facebook.

Secondly, it wasn't steak, it was local fish.

Thirdly, it was most certainly not 'the Brits abroad area of Malta'.

"Ignorance is bliss", one might say.

The irony being that if all other attention seeking members posted their holiday pics, pics to confirm they’re at away games etc. like you do on jkb, it would begin to replicate the social media platforms you have mentioned. 

Edited by Bad Religion

colinmaroon
5 hours ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Okay, not rock and roll. Must be satanic kids playing Dungeons and Dragons and video games . . .

Give up while your behind.

Watt-Zeefuik
7 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Give up while your behind.

Give up shaking your fist at the youths while you sit on your behind.

colinmaroon
1 hour ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Give up shaking your fist at the youths while you sit on your behind.

Sitting on my behind - doing nothing?  Just shows you that your about as accurate as you were with your ridiculous comparison.

"Retired" at 65, still working at 77, so you can take your "behind" comment and I'll give you three guesses where you can shove it!

• cosanostra locked this topic