Burger King is better than Mcdonalds

Greedy Jambo

Greedy Jambo
6 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

I prefer Burger King. But neither are good as the Gourmet Burger I got in Glasgow 

Neither are is good as many things, but it's Mcondalds V's Burger King. 

Mcdonalds have twice as many "restaurants" which I find very unfortunate because every single one I've been to is inferior to Burger King. 

Shout out to the Gorgie Mcdonalds Chicken wraps though, decent, Burgers... terrible. 

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Greedy Jambo

• Dawnrazor

• henrysmithsgloves

• Jim_Duncan

rudi must stay
Just now, Greedy Jambo said:

Mcdonalds have twice as many "restaurants" which I find very unfortunate because every single one I've been to is inferior to Burger King. 

Shout out to the Gorgie Mcdonalds Chicken wraps though, decent, Burgers... terrible. 

Are they Halal?

Greedy Jambo
1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

Are they Halal?

I have no idea, and i couldn't care less. 

If we're changing the topic, Taco Bell. 

I've heard bad things about it, but i've never tried it. (tacos are right up my street) 

More Taco Bells please. 

rudi must stay
2 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I've heard bad things about it, but i've never tried it. (tacos are right up my street) 

More Taco Bells please. 

Hallal stuff is the best 

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, Greedy Jambo said:

How come?

The chicken is cooked then they have a dance round it

Jim_Duncan
1 hour ago, Greedy Jambo said:

More Taco Bells please. 

Had Taco Bell in Florida last year. Not good, not bad. Cheap. 

Dawnrazor
2 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

There's one in Leeds we often pass but never tried, I really like the Taco kits you get to make at home, but not sure about a fast food version? Pizza Punks or the Fat Hippo is our go to places when we're there.

Harry Potter
13 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

Been closed for about 10 years I think now.

Pizza Hut Express (My first job) also now shut down.

cheers

19 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Anytime I'm at a Hearts game and the trains are off I'll happily grab a Taco Bell at Shandwick Place before going for the bus home from the west end.  

Can’t remember if it is Taco Bell or Taco Time over here( have not been in either for at least 15 years) but that gas to be some of the absolute grossest fast food invented. There is this dish, it is called Mexi Fries I think, absolutely bowfing. 
it is Tater tots covered in melted processed cheese amongst other stuff🤮

I was eating there with a pal once and he was raving about how good this stuff was. I asked if I could try a bit🤢

Never darkened their door again. Still in business though so maybe it is just me😆

Off the back of this thread I went to Burger King earlier, the burger was tiny and not a patch on McDonald’s, fries were decent. Overall felt the BK menu suffered from too many options over complicating things oh and wtf is with the chicken strips covered in Dorito cheese seasoning?

On 23/02/2024 at 22:10, weegranty said:

I prefer KFC,although I do like Wendy's when in the USA.

Wendys subject to a fair bit of backlash if the go ahead with a proposal to introduce surge/dynamic pricing so that if it’s busy then their menu prices will be higher than if they are quiet

8 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Wendys subject to a fair bit of backlash if the go ahead with a proposal to introduce surge/dynamic pricing so that if it’s busy then their menu prices will be higher than if they are quiet

Did Vlad buy them oot?

Dynamic pricing and awe that!😉

On 27/02/2024 at 18:25, Ribble said:

Off the back of this thread I went to Burger King earlier, the burger was tiny and not a patch on McDonald’s, fries were decent. Overall felt the BK menu suffered from too many options over complicating things oh and wtf is with the chicken strips covered in Dorito cheese seasoning?

Whooper and the bacon double cheeseburger XL are big, or used to be

• 4 weeks later...
Greedy Jambo

Ok, after copious amounts of testing, the Burger King in Straiton is head a shoulders above the rest. 

Thank me later. 

heartsfc_fan
2 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Ok, after copious amounts of testing, the Burger King in Straiton is head a shoulders above the rest. 

Thank me later. 

Yes. Do like this one.

Only down side is it has about 5 parking spaces and takes bloody ages to get food at the weekend.

Jim_Duncan

Thank me later. 

And to think I drove right past it after getting diesel at Costco earlier this evening. Gutted. 

Greedy Jambo
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

And to think I drove right past it after getting diesel at Costco earlier this evening. Gutted. 

Aye, i used to own a diesel, it's bad luck after bad luck with them. 

Edited by Greedy Jambo

il Duce McTarkin
34 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Wee Greta will kick your ^*** in.

You're worse than some climate Savile-Hitler.

henrysmithsgloves
41 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Aye, i used to own a diesel, it's bad luck after bad luck with them. 

Had a Toyota avensis d4d, enjoyed over 100k miles,never let me down 😎

Ulysses
1 hour ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

Wee Greta will kick your ^*** in.

You're worse than some climate Savile-Hitler.

Are you kidding? Greta won't kick his ^*** in.  Diesel has lower CO² emissions than petrol.  It's more likely to be someone with respiratory problems who'll kick his ^*** in.  Well, erm, try to, at any rate. :ninja:

luckyBatistuta
On 24/02/2024 at 20:24, Ulysses said:

Couple of myths being promoted here, perhaps?

The three places with the longest life expectancy are Hong Kong, Macau and Japan.  Also in the top 10 are South Korea and Singapore.  In fact, Asian countries make up 5 of the top 7.  Superior Asian DNA, perhaps?

Spain, Malta and Italy do make it into the list of the top 10 "Western" countries/territories - but so also do Switzerland, the Faroe Islands, Norway, Sweden, Iceland and Luxembourg, which aren't renowned for their Mediterranean lifestyles.  

I suspect that there's a reasonably close correlation between life expectancy and average (or median) income - and it's probably no accident that life expectancy tends to be higher in countries where healthcare is either free or cheap to everyone .  Meanwhile in Western countries, there's a fair old gap in life expectancy between the well-off and the poor.  I don't know how much of that has to do with BK and McD's, of course.

Boiled Rice is the reason…none of that fried rice crap

On 26/02/2024 at 19:21, Greedy Jambo said:

Burger King in a different league to McD’s. Burger Kings are fresher, not a floppy mess that’s been warming

On 26/02/2024 at 19:22, rudi must stay said:

Are they Halal?

:bolt:

8 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Thank me later. 

My BK of choice👍

Section Q

Cooked food bought over the counter is getting worse.  . . . . Absolute fact. . . !

Greedy Jambo
9 hours ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Yeah, It was a silly comment from me, I was just going by my own experience.

Toyota and Honda seem to be the most reliable vehicles.

AlimOzturk

Just buy a fresh burger at Aldi, flatten it with a burger press, cook it with salt/pepper, add salad, mayonnaise/ketchup/mustard and

tomatoes,  onions and brown the burger buns. Better than both Burger King and McDonalds 😂😂 probably get 3/4 burgers for the same price as well. 

If I am going out for a burger best believe I am going no where near either McDonalds or or Burger King. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

Just buy a fresh burger at Aldi, flatten it with a burger press, cook it with salt/pepper, add salad, mayonnaise/ketchup/mustard and

tomatoes,  onions and brown the burger buns. Better than both Burger King and McDonalds 😂😂 probably get 3/4 burgers for the same price as well. 

If I am going out for a burger best believe I am going no where near either McDonalds or or Burger King. 

Not sure how many people know this but, the beef patty at McDonald’s are all identical, if you ordered a burger from every menu and stripped out all the gubbings, your be left with a dozen (or so) identical beef patties…….to give them a theme just add some extra bits……for example:

big Texan quarter pounder = bun, 2 patties, onions & bbq sauce

mexican fire arse = (as above, just replace the bbq sauce with jalapeños)

big smokehouse stack = (as above with Smokey sauce & crispy onions)etc…….

You could literally add dozens of variants when you mix up the buns, sauces & fillings, the list of NEW things they launch is just smoke & mirrors.

Jim_Duncan
15 hours ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

My current motor. Just hit 110,000. 

henrysmithsgloves
21 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

My current motor. Just hit 110,000. 

Hope it's not a french car😬

crunchy frog

I was in Burger King at waverley Station earlier. What a ****ing shitshow. Its now about the size of my garden shed

Rupert Pupkin
19 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Thank me later. 

Really..? My son used to work there.. He also worked in the KFC across form it.. They are both rated as one of the worst in the U.K…

Greedy Jambo
1 minute ago, Rupert Pupkin said:

Really..? My son used to work there.. He also worked in the KFC across form it.. They are both rated as one of the worst in the U.K…

It looks like a shithole when you go in, but it's been top-notch the last 2 times I've been there, my mate agreed with me. 

Carl Fredrickson

I am an old fatty and have visited more than my fair share of fast food places over the years.

I much preferred McDs in the 90s, the king rib they used to do was awesome as were their bacon rolls. Recent attempts at them have been poor. 

I love a BK burger but 5 Guys are far better though as many have stated, way overpriced. 

At the weekend I tried Pepe's for the first time. Chicken place. Way better than KFC. Their burrito with hot sauce was amazing and their loaded fries were great. Enough fries to be split between 3 of us. 

highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

I am an old fatty and have visited more than my fair share of fast food places over the years.

I much preferred McDs in the 90s, the king rib they used to do was awesome as were their bacon rolls. Recent attempts at them have been poor. 

I love a BK burger but 5 Guys are far better though as many have stated, way overpriced. 

At the weekend I tried Pepe's for the first time. Chicken place. Way better than KFC. Their burrito with hot sauce was amazing and their loaded fries were great. Enough fries to be split between 3 of us. 

Yes…..Peps’s up here is very good…..a huge upgrade on KFC.

highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

At the weekend I tried Pepe's for the first time. Chicken place. Way better than KFC. Their burrito with hot sauce was amazing and their loaded fries were great. Enough fries to be split between 3 of us. 

What….really…..like this:

IMG_6083.jpeg

Carl Fredrickson
1 hour ago, highlandjambo3 said:

What….really…..like this:

IMG_6083.jpeg

:shockio:  I wish!

4 hours ago, Rupert Pupkin said:

Sound like he might have been the problem 🤣🤣

4 hours ago, VALDOS' said:

I'd choose BK for taste, but McDs for price 

Surely, as with anything, quality is more important than price?

Greedy Jambo
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Exactly, and especially when you're comparing Mcdonalds to Burger King, the price difference isn't really worth talking about. 

If anything, Mcdonalds should lower their prices even more, because their burgers at utter guff. 

If you're going there, get a chicken wrap. 

Edited by Greedy Jambo

Exactly, and especially when you're comparing Mcdonalds to Burger King, the price difference isn't really worth talking about. 

Correct, Greedy.

An okay pizza here is about 11 or 12 Euros.  A really good pizza is about 14 or 15.

Who is going to argue about 3 bloody Euros when on a night out?

Especially when a pint is about 8 and a half, and a glass of wine is around 6.  😳

Don’t even ask about a bottle of ‘house’ at 22/25, which is usually pish.

Seymour M Hersh
14 hours ago, Morgan said:

Correct, Greedy.

An okay pizza here is about 11 or 12 Euros.  A really good pizza is about 14 or 15.

Who is going to argue about 3 bloody Euros when on a night out?

Especially when a pint is about 8 and a half, and a glass of wine is around 6.  😳

Don’t even ask about a bottle of ‘house’ at 22/25, which is usually pish.

Do the restaurants you go to advertise their various pizzas on the menu as okay and really good? 

1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Do the restaurants you go to advertise their various pizzas on the menu as okay and really good? 

You know fine well what I meant, Raeburn.

👿

VALDOS'
21 hours ago, Morgan said:

If it's a quick bite to eat when I'm on call at work, i go cheap lol

Greedy Jambo

You've got to remember that Morgan is retired and has a shit tonne of money. 

He doesn't mess around with the likes of Burger King 😂

You've got to remember that Morgan is retired and has a shit tonne of money. 

He doesn't mess around with the likes of Burger King 😂

I prefer ‘no longer working, through choice’ to ‘retired’.

We ‘stopped working’ at the ages of 42 and 41, respectively.

2 hours ago, VALDOS' said:

If it's a quick bite to eat when I'm on call at work, i go cheap lol

A quick bite is grand, no problem at all.

I didn’t mean to cause any offence, if indeed any was taken.  

Sorry, if there was a misinterpretation of my wording. 

Greedy Jambo
3 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I prefer ‘no longer working, through choice’ to ‘retired’.

We ‘stopped working’ at the ages of 42 and 41, respectively.

It sounds like an amazing life, to be fair, and yet, I still find you posting on Jambos Kickback. 

It sounds like an amazing life, to be fair, and yet, I still find you posting on Jambos Kickback. 

I love the Hearts, Greedy.

My first game was when I was 8 years of age.  

I love the diversity of the topics on JKB, I find some of them very informative, especially in connection to Edinburgh matters.  We have just (last week) bought a new house in Edinburgh and are moving there in 7 weeks.

If we meet, the pints are on me.  👍❤️