Burger King is better than Mcdonalds

Greedy Jambo

hughesie27
20 minutes ago, PortyJambo said:

Had a Aussie burger once at Wannaburger once when it was at the West End, with beetroot and a fried egg...surprisingly good.

Absolutely. Was surprised myself. 

They like a bit pineapple on a burger too.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Greedy Jambo

• Dawnrazor

• henrysmithsgloves

• Jim_Duncan

Then you have Five Guys ☹️ The one in Bath is shite. Why there when next to it is Shartwz. Best burger in Bath. 😋

Edited by Marvin

21 hours ago, Ked said:

How come western societies  live longer then?

21 hours ago, Tazio said:

Japan might dispute that. 

20 hours ago, Ked said:

The exception which proves the rule?

20 hours ago, Tazio said:

You could say that better healthcare is the reason the west lives longer. We live longer despite our diet, not because of it. Apart from the Mediterranean countries. 

20 hours ago, Ked said:

Superior genes then?

20 hours ago, Tazio said:

No, superior healthcare. 

Couple of myths being promoted here, perhaps?

The three places with the longest life expectancy are Hong Kong, Macau and Japan.  Also in the top 10 are South Korea and Singapore.  In fact, Asian countries make up 5 of the top 7.  Superior Asian DNA, perhaps?

Spain, Malta and Italy do make it into the list of the top 10 "Western" countries/territories - but so also do Switzerland, the Faroe Islands, Norway, Sweden, Iceland and Luxembourg, which aren't renowned for their Mediterranean lifestyles.  

I suspect that there's a reasonably close correlation between life expectancy and average (or median) income - and it's probably no accident that life expectancy tends to be higher in countries where healthcare is either free or cheap to everyone .  Meanwhile in Western countries, there's a fair old gap in life expectancy between the well-off and the poor.  I don't know how much of that has to do with BK and McD's, of course.

Rupert Pupkin

McDonald’s was hands down better when they done the Signature range.. Now both are pretty pish… Want Wendy’s up here as they are opening more in the U.K., definitely better. 
Anyone around Dalkeith should give Brennan’s Smash burgers a go, his triple cooked beef dripping fries are outstanding, and the burgers are immense. 

Greedy Jambo
2 hours ago, Ulysses said:

Couple of myths being promoted here, perhaps?

The three places with the longest life expectancy are Hong Kong, Macau and Japan.  Also in the top 10 are South Korea and Singapore.  In fact, Asian countries make up 5 of the top 7.  Superior Asian DNA, perhaps?

Spain, Malta and Italy do make it into the list of the top 10 "Western" countries/territories - but so also do Switzerland, the Faroe Islands, Norway, Sweden, Iceland and Luxembourg, which aren't renowned for their Mediterranean lifestyles.  

I suspect that there's a reasonably close correlation between life expectancy and average (or median) income - and it's probably no accident that life expectancy tends to be higher in countries where healthcare is either free or cheap to everyone .  Meanwhile in Western countries, there's a fair old gap in life expectancy between the well-off and the poor.  I don't know how much of that has to do with BK and McD's, of course.

You rarely see a fat Japanese person, So i'm gonna claim that a diet of noodles fish and rice is the way to go. 

Greedy Jambo

Bread and pastry is our downfall. 

As i said a few days ago, ban greggs and bains. 

Build more cycle lanes.

Failing that, get yourself to Burger King in Straiton, Solid 8.7 out of 10, chips burger and onion rings all on point, even the coke was good from the annoying pour your own machine. 

Edited by Greedy Jambo

Jim_Duncan
3 hours ago, Marvin said:

Then you have Five Guys ☹️ The one in Bath is shite. Why there when next to it is Shartwz. Best burger in Bath. 😋

The restaurant sounds like what happens if they undercook your chicken. 

When did this ‘beef burger’ nonsense start?  A hamburger is made from beef and named after Hamburg.  Nothing to do with ‘ham’.

KFC?  The place that sells their flagship ‘meal’ in a bucket?  No thanks.

Fat Burger if in Canada or the US. 
Expensive but great!

Years ago there used to be a chain over here called Fudruckers. 
Now!  That was a fantastic burger. Freshly ground beef every day. Phenomenal!  There may still be a few of those franchises still kicking around in the YS but I think all the Canadian ones closed years ago unfortunately. 

Edited by Canscot

Seaside Dave

Ideally chips from KFC, burger from burger king and milkshake or mcflurry from mcds 

Samuel Camazzola
10 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

You rarely see a fat Japanese person, So i'm gonna claim that a diet of noodles fish and rice is the way to go. 

You seen the size of the sumo guys? 

10 hours ago, Jim_Duncan said:

The restaurant sounds like what happens if they undercook your chicken. 

The only time I went it was full of kids. The burgers aren't that good either and the price is hugely inflated. Fecking over £23 for burger and fries. 

hughesie27

Five guys is great but vastly over priced. 

Highly reccomend people try Hollywood Burgers and Shakes in Dalry. They are on Just Eat too and delivery quite far.

I see they've also got one opening soon in Musselburgh. As good a burger as you'll get.

Dawnrazor
12 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Highly reccomend people try Hollywood Burgers and Shakes in Dalry. They are on Just Eat too and delivery quite far.

I see they've also got one opening soon in Musselburgh. As good a burger as you'll get.

Have you ever been the the Fat Hippo?

There seems to be one on George St and another in St Vincent St in Glasgow, I've been to the ones in Newcastle and Leeds, without doubt the best Burgers I've ever had, and the dirty fries are out of this world.

https://fathippo.co.uk/

Edited by Dawnrazor

hughesie27
8 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

There seems to be one on George St and another in St Vincent St in Glasgow, I've been to the ones in Newcastle and Leeds, without doubt the best Burgers I've ever had, and the dirty fries are out of this world.

Will add that to the list 👍

Jim_Duncan
55 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

I walked past a place in Weston Super Mare a couple of months ago called ‘Dirty Burgers’. They also sold dirty fries and dirty hot dogs. Can’t say the name appeals. 

Dawnrazor
2 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

I walked past a place in Weston Super Mare a couple of months ago called ‘Dirty Burgers’. They also sold dirty fries and dirty hot dogs. Can’t say the name appeals. 

Give it a try Jim, brilliant burgers and fries.

Jim_Duncan
Just now, Dawnrazor said:

Give it a try Jim, brilliant burgers and fries.

What are ‘dirty’ fries?

Dawnrazor
Just now, Jim_Duncan said:

What are ‘dirty’ fries?

Fries, different kinds like skinny or thick, bacon bits and fat hippo sauce, you can add cheese and chillies as I remember.

Jim_Duncan
1 minute ago, Dawnrazor said:

Fries, different kinds like skinny or thick, bacon bits and fat hippo sauce, you can add cheese and chillies as I remember.

Right, so can we get a gay guy to cook them and throw them both off the roof at the same time?

Dawnrazor
Just now, Jim_Duncan said:

Right, so can we get a gay guy to cook them and throw them both off the roof at the same time?

If you like, but if he does a good job of the fries I'd keep him safe, just take another Hibby for the roof fun.

heartsfan
2 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

Correct! Well over priced but tastes great.

I will tell you who I loved better than McDs and Burger King ..... Casey Jones .... Used to love when we played a team where I had to get off the train at Queen Street in the 80's as my Dad would always buy me a Casey Jones for the train on way home to Stirling (Was there not a Casey Jones in Waverley too?).

Also loved the Wendy's burgers the three times I have been to Dallas.

Edited by heartsfan

crunchy frog
4 hours ago, heartsfan said:

Correct! Well over priced but tastes great.

I will tell you who I loved better than McDs and Burger King ..... Casey Jones .... Used to love when we played a team where I had to get off the train at Queen Street in the 80's as my Dad would always buy me a Casey Jones for the train on way home to Stirling (Was there not a Casey Jones in Waverley too?).

Also loved the Wendy's burgers the three times I have been to Dallas.

Was that the one at the main concourse at waverley? If so I used to go in there to play the track and field arcade game on a Saturday morning before the games

On 23/02/2024 at 22:18, If carlsberg did rivals... said:

BK do the best burgers, McD's do the best fries.

No,no,no,no,no

McDonald's fries are the Hibs of chips, hyped up, rated way above their level and have absolutely no substance, wilt as soon as they are taken out and each fry is instantly forgettable

Burger king burgers are several levels above McDonald's, KFC is somewhere in-between but 5guys chips are absolute god level 

Off topic but do not use the Chinese at the Drylaw shops.

Watery, tasteless 5h1te.

Apologies, but I do not want any of you to make the mistake I did.

Feckin horrendous and costly.

If carlsberg did rivals...
48 minutes ago, Bozi said:

No,no,no,no,no

McDonald's fries are the Hibs of chips, hyped up, rated way above their level and have absolutely no substance, wilt as soon as they are taken out and each fry is instantly forgettable

Burger king burgers are several levels above McDonald's, KFC is somewhere in-between but 5guys chips are absolute god level 

I'm talking just out the fryer McDonald's fries, as for 5 guys a bloke I used to work with got regular lunch deliveries from there, a burger, fries and a milkshake which was about £15! I've been too scared to try it because of that!

Bungalow Bill

I remember seeing a BK job advert in one of their restaurant windows “Why work for a clown when you can work for a King”. Made me chuckle. 

I prefer BK btw, and when in Australia a Hungry Jacks. 

8 hours ago, If carlsberg did rivals... said:

I'm talking just out the fryer McDonald's fries, as for 5 guys a bloke I used to work with got regular lunch deliveries from there, a burger, fries and a milkshake which was about £15! I've been too scared to try it because of that!

Even just out the fryer they are limp and a big no from me 

Since we ended up on the subject of 'dirty fries' get yourselves to Down the Hatch at South Queensferry, their dirty fries are outstanding 

highlandjambo3
On 24/02/2024 at 19:44, hughesie27 said:

Absolutely. Was surprised myself. 

They like a bit pineapple on a burger too.

:bolt:

19 hours ago, The Natural Order said:

Five Guys is the place to go for Burger and Fries.

As I said yesterday Five Guys in Bath is shit. When I went it was full of kids. Way overpriced for what you're paying for. And there's better nearby too. 

heartsfan
14 hours ago, crunchy frog said:

Was that the one at the main concourse at waverley? If so I used to go in there to play the track and field arcade game on a Saturday morning before the games

Was it not where BK is today? Am pretty sure BK took over all the Casey Jones at the Mainline Stations.

1 hour ago, Bozi said:

Even just out the fryer they are limp and a big no from me 

Since we ended up on the subject of 'dirty fries' get yourselves to Down the Hatch at South Queensferry, their dirty fries are outstanding 

Indeed. Their burgers are top notch too. Not cheap, but worth it.

1 minute ago, Craig_ said:

Indeed. Their burgers are top notch too. Not cheap, but worth it.

Absolutely worth it ..but don't eat for about 2 days before you go....😂

hmfc_liam06

I decided to have one yesterday.

I've written out my will though, so all good. 

Catch you all on the other side 👋

crunchy frog
1 hour ago, heartsfan said:

Was it not where BK is today? Am pretty sure BK took over all the Casey Jones at the Mainline Stations.

Possibly aye. There was a takeaway place where boots the chemist is now though. Quite small

These places only ever taste good when you're either:

a. absolutely steaming

or

b. hungover as **** and all you want to eat is shite.

Japan Jambo
On 25/02/2024 at 12:56, The Natural Order said:

👍 

On 25/02/2024 at 12:56, The Natural Order said:

Opinions and all that eh. I reckon Five Guys is rotten. Ridiculously overpriced and overrated. 

38 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Opinions and all that eh. I reckon Five Guys is rotten. Ridiculously overpriced and overrated. 

I’m always wary of a food outlet that’s main claim to fame is the size of the portions. 

I tried Burger King not that long ago, and got a Whopper because its their iconic burger, my god... it was a poor rendition of a Rustlers Burger. I was actually offended. Their Chicken nuggets are barely passable and the sauces are just plain weird. 

McDonalds shits all over Burger King and its not even close.

Altough, neither are good burger places and you can make much better in the house. 

Jim_Duncan
5 hours ago, cheetah said:

Dug shit is better than cat shit.

We asked 100 flies…

Greedy Jambo
3 hours ago, OTT said:

I tried Burger King not that long ago, and got a Whopper because its their iconic burger, my god... it was a poor rendition of a Rustlers Burger. I was actually offended. Their Chicken nuggets are barely passable and the sauces are just plain weird. 

McDonalds shits all over Burger King and its not even close.

Altough, neither are good burger places and you can make much better in the house. 

I can only imagine that you went to a really awful Burger King, because the one at Straiton is head and shoulders above any McDonalds I've tried in the last 20 years., and it wasn't just my opinion, I gave it an 8/10, my workmate gave it a 9. 

hughesie27
5 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Had a burger king when it was in the gyle centre, is it still there ?, 

Been closed for about 10 years I think now.

Pizza Hut Express (My first job) also now shut down.