Shankland&Ginnelly Partnership

Bongo 1874

Bongo 1874
5 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

The tricksy thing about the Internet is it is really easy to check things you've previously posted.

Here is what you said on 31st August in response to a thread about us being in trouble if Shankland was sold:

Nothing at all about "if his head is gone".  Just a simple opinion. Easier to point to other people that have made poor judgment calls than admit when you have done it aye?

During a time it's well documented Rangers were in for him, and yes i would rather get money for Shankland.

Just like any club would,the only clubs I wouldn't sell to are Celtic&Rangers.

Completely taken out of context.

On 31/08/2023 at 21:20, Leveins Battalion said:

That's where this shower will finish.

Lose Shankland and its bottom 4 team.

Sunday is massive and I can see how it's going to go already.

Don't think so mate, I would take the money for Shankland.

Bongo 1874
5 hours ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Taking a step back from this, I have to hand it to Bongo. Most of the other moaners have taken a look at our current form, thrown up their hands, and given up and gone off to find another hobby where they can be miserable.

Not Bongo. He knows deep in his heart that despite our current incredible form, somewhere out there, somewhere, there's something he can slate the club for, and he doesn't rest until he finds it and posts it on JKB. Tremendous effort. Keep reaching for the stars, buddy. Or, er, the gutters, I guess.

Wtf I'm not having a go at the club,I'm trying to show we aren't far away from competing,and if we can retain players like Ginnelly we will.

Watt-Zeefuik
4 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Wtf I'm not having a go at the club,I'm trying to show we aren't far away from competing,and if we can retain players like Ginnelly we will.

If that's what you're trying to say, that's fair enough, but the club made a good faith offer to Gino and he decided not to take it. Your posts here have read like, "if only we'd actually worked to retain him, imagine where we'd be."

There are a small number of players actually worth "pushing the boat out for." Lawrence Shankland is one of them but I'm not sure there's anyone else on the squad. Gino is making more money elsewhere and that's his decision, and we've effectively already replaced his goals with a cheaper and higher potential option in Vargas.

Stendelnator
12 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

How do you propose Hearts retain a player who wants to leave? 

Bongo 1874
7 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

How do you propose Hearts retain a player who wants to leave? 

Simple we need more investment, and a structure that allows us to pay maybe say 10k,15k a week for our top earners,this can be achieved from player sales and Smart Recruitment or Stadium expansion.

Celtic& Rangers top earners are on about £30k/40k a week.

We have shown we can compete despite us not paying anywhere near what they two pay, I'm not having a go,I'm sure if anyone can achieve this at Hearts it's Ann and James who are ultimately driven people.

And if they were to fund a stadium expansion,I would like the stand to be named after them.

If we could get to 30k plus seater stadium, we are virtually set for life, and that will allow this club to continue to grow,allowing more season tickets sales,more money for European games,and call it top 4 games,Aberdeen, Celtic,Rangers, Hibs.

Watt-Zeefuik
6 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Simple we need more investment, and a structure that allows us to pay maybe say 10k,15k a week for our top earners,this can be achieved from player sales and Smart Recruitment or Stadium expansion.

We have shown we can compete despite us not paying anywhere near what they two pay, I'm not having a go,I'm sure if anyone can achieve this at Hearts it's Ann and James who are ultimately driven people.

And if they were to fund a stadium expansion,I would like the stand to be named after them.

If we could get to 30k plus seater stadium, we are virtually set for life, and that will allow this club to continue to grow,allowing more season tickets sales,more money for European games,and call it top 4 games,Aberdeen, Celtic,Rangers, Hibs.

How TF is that "simple?"

"It's easy, we just need to magic up some more money." Right, let's get on that pronto.

Fxxx the SPFL
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

We can’t expand the stadium without mega input so that’s a non starter that’s been covered in other threads. Shankland has been offered a decent wedge it’s now down to him to accept it if not another 18 months with us and leave on a free good luck to him. Oh and if we do manage to increase the capacity I’d still give the smelly bassas from the east end of weegie land feck all tickets 

Des Lynam
9 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

If we funded stadium expansion then folk like you would moan as such a move would impact investing in the first team in the short term. 

10 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Eh?

Bongo 1874
7 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

If we funded stadium expansion then folk like you would moan as such a move would impact investing in the first team in the short term. 

No i wouldn't moan, as has been said i trust our youth and feel they can play a part.

And I'm not suggesting we do it right away,far more planning would need to be had.

But I trust our board could achieve it.

RustyRightPeg

😂😂😂 talk enough nonsense and you’ll begin to believe yourself

Des Lynam
13 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

No i wouldn't moan, as has been said i trust our youth and feel they can play a part.

And I'm not suggesting we do it right away,far more planning would need to be had.

So sell our best players and play the youth whilst expanding the stadium. That sounds a ****ing awful plan. 

Watt-Zeefuik

My plan for paying for expanding the stadium this season is simple.

1. Win the league

2. Sell Shankland for £9m after he scores 5 goals in Germany

3. Lose 10-0 to a bunch of CL sides while we laugh our way to a £30m payday.

Simples.

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Simple....." we need more investment"

You've cracked life with that philosophy. 

With that train of thought,  world peace is simple- everyone just needs get on and not argue.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

"Far more  planning ", you just said it was " simple".

What's stopping Aberdeen,  hibs,  killie etc executing this simple plan or even the OF from implementing it from their higher base to move further ahead?

37 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I think you sum up the feelings of everyone reading this thread. 

😅