Jack Caterall

Roxy Hearts

been here before

Just trying to noise up Taylor.  Sells tickets, Hearrs get a bit exposure, its all good.

RustyRightPeg

He’s rattled a lot of hibs fans over the last few days. Quite funny

dannymack

Never liked the sport that is boxing but I'm led to believe there is a large contingent of Hearts Supporters who follow Taylor through Lee McGregor ? 

Correct me if I'm wrong. 

feedthefox

Catterall will win on points, Taylor will dig in but he's nothing like the boxer he was and he will retire after this fight.

For the record I will be supporting Taylor, Hibs supporter aside he's been Scotland's best boxer for decades and woefully under publicised. It's being billed as a Scotland v England thing which is good enough for me to know where my loyalties will be.

Selkirkhmfc1874
6 minutes ago, dannymack said:

Never liked the sport that is boxing but I'm led to believe there is a large contingent of Hearts Supporters who follow Taylor through Lee McGregor ? 

Correct me if I'm wrong. 

Recognised a few jambos Mondays press conference and also Lee McGregor was there 

Shooter McGavin
4 minutes ago, dannymack said:

Correct me if I'm wrong. 

I'm pretty sure the two are good mates, and go to watch each other's fights, be in each others entourage etc.

Taylor comes across as a bit of a nugget on Twitter with his conspiracy nonsense, but I quite like him and think his boxing career doesn't get anywhere near the recognition it deserves. Guy went to the States and became the undisputed champ, and no broadcasters or media companies over here bothered their arse.

That being said, I'd love it if Catterall walks to the ring with the Hearts song playing, or wearing a Hearts top 😁

24 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Catterall just as much of a dick as Taylor IMO. 

Hmm, that would be a big ask.

32 minutes ago, feedthefox said:

Catterall will win on points, Taylor will dig in but he's nothing like the boxer he was and he will retire after this fight.

For the record I will be supporting Taylor, Hibs supporter aside he's been Scotland's best boxer for decades and woefully under publicised. It's being billed as a Scotland v England thing which is good enough for me to know where my loyalties will be.

There’s levels in boxing and Caterall hasn’t shown he’s anywhere near the level of Josh Taylor, Jack was incredibly lucky to even be in the ring with Taylor in the first place due to one belt ranking him miles higher than any of the rest where he was lucky to be top 10. First fight Caterall had some good rounds early on, held loads and faded after getting the knockdown, not how you take a champions titles. Only way he wins the second fight is if Josh Taylor’s body just can’t do it at the top level anymore.

1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Who’s trolled him getting him a Joel Pereira top 🤣

Sure I read he’d thanked Andy Halliday for setting him up with Hearts gear. Set him up alright 😎

1 hour ago, feedthefox said:

I think if Taylor loses he steps up to 147 lbs.  As he has gotten older I think making 140 is becoming a big drain for him, he has the frame to carry 147.  I'll be rooting for Josh as he's an Edinburgh lad, not his fault his footballing judgement isn't great.  

1 hour ago, feedthefox said:

100% agree. Boxing is unlike many other sports in that the decline can be quick for some fighters. This can be a combination of punishing your own body making weight, desire and dealing with defeat after years of success. Taylor was very lucky to get the decision in the first fight and the judging in the Teofimo Lopez fight was equally ludicrous, he was dominated and looked utterly listless again. At his best he was absolutely world class but it's nearly 3 years since the Jose Ramirez fight.

I hope I'm wrong and Caterall doesn't have the tools to stop him but I just think he is a shadow of his former self.

2 hours ago, Swanny17 said:

Hope Catterall smashes him……again. 

Maybe he'll try to cuddle him to death .... again! 

Caterall wearing a Hearts top is nothing more that him trying to get a reaction out of Taylor and get in his head.

I still want Taylor to smash him to shut up the English media.

Takeshi kovac

Josh Taylor now quoted saying he's not really a hibs fan and more of a moto gp fan 🤣🤣

Bull's-eye
1 minute ago, Takeshi kovac said:

Josh Taylor now quoted saying he's not really a hibs fan and more of a moto gp fan 🤣🤣

Cannie blame him tbf.

HamishMcGonagall
12 minutes ago, Takeshi kovac said:

This is true. There's even an old photo of him with Hearts shorts on. Football was never much of an interest. He's mad for the motorbike racing. Hibs was always just a "if I had to pick a team..." rather than being a big Hibs fan.

Alex Arthur is another one who claimed to be Hibs but isn't. I believe he's actually Celtic. Just knew by saying Hibs he'd get more of a following in his hometown and it'd help shift tickets.

42 minutes ago, HamishMcGonagall said:

This is true. There's even an old photo of him with Hearts shorts on. Football was never much of an interest. He's mad for the motorbike racing. Hibs was always just a "if I had to pick a team..." rather than being a big Hibs fan.

Alex Arthur is another one who claimed to be Hibs but isn't. I believe he's actually Celtic. Just knew by saying Hibs he'd get more of a following in his hometown and it'd help shift tickets.

I think Taylor’s wider family lean to Celtic too.  His Uncle was a neighbour of mine (he’s a Hearts man btw) and got invited to hospitality at all of Taylor’s fights.  I asked him about football allegiance and that’s what he insinuated(more Celtic than Hibs).  

A_A wehatethehibs

Boxers always use the name of a football club to try to generate interest in a fight and punt some tickets to casuals 

2 hours ago, Lambo85 said:

Caterall wearing a Hearts top is nothing more that him trying to get a reaction out of Taylor and get in his head.

I still want Taylor to smash him to shut up the English media.

Same here, but nothing too early, I want Josh to break catterall apart over 7-8 rounds, then putting him to sleep. Total dominance and no chance for the media to go 'it was a lucky punch' or 'jack would have won/was winning if it went the distance' etc etc.