Boyce and McKay

comradejambo

5 hours ago, Benny Klack said:

Sadly I don’t see either ever coming back and nailing down a starting berth.

Both too injury prone to cement a regular place. Sad but true. 

Agree totally.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

• Thunder and Lightning

• JimmyCant

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

underwaterwoodwelder

Both game changers of the bench moving into next season. 

However both too injury prone now , if the club released them then you could understand why.

Tynecastle Valhalla

On his day Mackay is one of the best players on the league.

That’s when he plays and only sometimes.

innerjambo

More out than in. We'll see how long they last this time. But another long injury will see them binned I reckon. They're already entering the last chance saloon imo.

Crazy opinions on McKay imo . McKay is a top player for us and I can not wait to have him back as an option 

Thunder and Lightning
2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Crazy opinions on McKay imo . McKay is a top player for us and I can not wait to have him back as an option 

Are those poster on the spectrum as well? 

Your comment was abhorrent, posting such a thing as a put down should have seen you kicked off this site. 

Just now, Thunder and Lightning said:

Are those poster on the spectrum as well? 

Your comment was abhorrent, posting such a thing as a put down should have seen you kicked off this site. 

Rightio . Maybe you will become a mod soon and you can do it yourself . Officially I mean as you are already attempting to do it unofficially anyway 

Thunder and Lightning
1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Rightio . Maybe you will become a mod soon and you can do it yourself . Officially I mean as you are already attempting to do it unofficially anyway 

The mods don't see all posts, not their fault you created another shit show of a post. 

It was however all on you when you made your comment about a poster being on the spectrum. 

1 minute ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

The mods don't see all posts, not their fault you created another shit show of a post. 

It was however all on you when you made your comment about a poster being on the spectrum. 

Well as I said drop them a wee report and I will take the punishment if that is what is decided , no big deal . Get on it man 

I don't think either come back into the team easily at all. McKay is a bit more useful than Boyce now, IMO we should be using Boyce as cover for Shankland - need to stop trying to shoehorn him into the same team and appreciate A.) He's a striker B.) He's injury prone as they come now. 

McKay is a bit different, I think a bit like Dexter/Atkinson is more about using his skills when we need them. Against defensive nightmares like Killie, Livi etc. he's got a brilliant level of creativity on the ball and I'd be very keen to see how he combines with Fraser - presumably if he's seeing passes other players miss, he might also pair well with another creative player that he can find those runs no one else is making? - I do think against Rangers or Celtic he should be left on the bench though. He's very rarely done anything impressive in those games and I don't think he has the sort of work horse like mentality that other players do which are an asset in those games. 

Thunder and Lightning
2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Well as I said drop them a wee report and I will take the punishment if that is what is decided , no big deal . Get on it man 

I believe your car crash thread was removed. Otherwise I'd happily report you. 

Feel free to post it again and I'll do so right now. 

Thunder and Lightning
1 minute ago, OTT said:

I don't think either come back into the team easily at all. McKay is a bit more useful than Boyce now, IMO we should be using Boyce as cover for Shankland - need to stop trying to shoehorn him into the same team and appreciate A.) He's a striker B.) He's injury prone as they come now. 

McKay is a bit different, I think a bit like Dexter/Atkinson is more about using his skills when we need them. Against defensive nightmares like Killie, Livi etc. he's got a brilliant level of creativity on the ball and I'd be very keen to see how he combines with Fraser - presumably if he's seeing passes other players miss, he might also pair well with another creative player that he can find those runs no one else is making? - I do think against Rangers or Celtic he should be left on the bench though. He's very rarely done anything impressive in those games and I don't think he has the sort of work horse like mentality that other players do which are an asset in those games. 

Barrie I can see with a role. Just not sure Boyce will feature much at all. 

kingantti1874

Barrie Mackay starts for every team in the league outside Glasgow.  We are no exception.  

that said his game time and his role will be managed.  Like everyone else. 

1 minute ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Barrie I can see with a role. Just not sure Boyce will feature much at all. 

Yeah, with how fit Shankland is, Boyces game time will likely be pretty minimal I think. 

McKay can be a frustrating player but he's also supremely talented and a joy to watch on his day. He'll be a big boost to the squad.

6 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Well email them or something . Stop wasting time speaking to me and do something useful 

Edited by Sooks

jambo mark
27 minutes ago, Sooks said:

He must be chomping at the bit coming back now that he has some people to play football with 🤣🤣

Just now, jambo mark said:

He must be chomping at the bit coming back now that he has some people to play football with 🤣🤣

My thoughts too , I think he will thrive with all the attacking players we have now 

Drylaw Hearts

We’ve missed BM’s creativity this season.

Hopefully we can nurse him back slowly and get him full fit and ready to go for the summer.

Thunder and Lightning
34 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Well email them or something . Stop wasting time speaking to me and do something useful 

Only a matter of time till you post something similar. 

People like you always do. 

Just now, Thunder and Lightning said:

Only a matter of time till you post something similar. 

People like you always do. 

Okay mate . Wait until that happens and get back on the case 

Boyce is 32 and is pretty close to when you would expect him to retire. I don’t expect him to get another contract as Hearts.

BM is 29, could easily get another 2-3 years of of him.

Bad Religion

Boyce should have been released already. To big a wage wasted on little contribution. 

9 hours ago, johnking123 said:

Mckay will be good for the stubborn teams at tynecastle.  His passing can really open teams up.

100% he will be involved 

Fantastic player 

Boyce is an excellent footballer and a joy to watch at times hewill be needed at times in the team

Love Boycie

IMG_2910.jpeg

No Idle Talk

I'm fine with it if I never see Liam Boyce play for Hearts again. I think his days as a significant contributor for Hearts are at an end. He's done well for the club since he came here and he has my gratitude for the things that he's done.

Barrie McKay......I wait with interest to see how he will do under Steven Naismith. We've all seen the ability he has. Unfortunately we've also seen that ability disappear for long periods. If Steven Naismith can get McKay back to where he was in his first season at Hearts then bloody hell. Things could really take off!

Edited by No Idle Talk

14 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Mckay will work well and add to us, the space he'll create by simply being on the pitch will give the other attackers more space as well as as what he creates himself. 

Boyce also a good option.

14 hours ago, Sooks said:

McKay coming back and us having Forrest , Dhanda and Oda gives off a sort of Driver , Suso , Temps and Novi vibe . Vargas too but I think of him more as a striker really 

Agree. McKay is class and, when he returns to full fitness, will show it all the more. 

Teams were double marking him and getting away with it because our right side was so weak compared to the left. When Cochrane was out (or playing CB) and nobody was offering him an overlap, it was harder for him to work his magic. Other teams clearly aimed to shut us down by shutting him down. Sometimes he could play through it, but it definitely reduced his impact. 

I think that would be much harder now. We have a threat down both sides of the pitch, including both fullbacks getting forwards. With Shanks near the box, double marking anyone but him is going to be a risk. He and Vargas will do very well from McKays deliveries. Both are sharp enough to react to the unexpected, sleight of hand (foot?) tricks that Barrie can come up with. 

10 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Barrie Mackay starts for every team in the league outside Glasgow.  We are no exception.  

that said his game time and his role will be managed.  Like everyone else. 

FFS, totally misread your post.

Edited by GinRummy

2 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Dhanda will be McKay replacement.

I really hope that isn't in the summer. Until we see how good Dhanda is I'd rather keep Barrie.

43 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I really hope that isn't in the summer. Until we see how good Dhanda is I'd rather keep Barrie.

100%. First thoughts for me is Dhanda isn’t as good as McKay but I’ve only seen him when he has played against us. Put Dhanda in our team and he may well turn out to be a very good player. As things stand I wouldn’t be getting rid of McKay who I think is a great talent. 

Bazzas right boot
11 hours ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

****ing hell, stomping about the board threatening to report people.

:rofl:

Thunder and Lightning
3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

****ing hell, stomping about the board threatening to report people.

:rofl:

Do you find mocking people with disabilities as something that should be tolerated on the board? 

Bazzas right boot

With European football on the horizon we'll need as many of our good footballers fit as possible. 

Boycey and Bazza are good footballers.

We've also lost or losing some of the more iinfluential players in the squad,  Smith, Haliday,  Haring so Boycey being  here another year or so  helps smooth that transition even if he's a squad player.

One of the more intangible benefits of guys like Boycey who I hope stays and takes up a coaching position desire many on here wanting him binned. Many fans ignore the intangible benefits and the dressing room cohesion and go straight oi bin him, bit daft really. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Do you find mocking people with disabilities as something that should be tolerated on the board? 

Nah, but I think mocking folk that post the shite you do is utterly fine.

Thunder and Lightning
2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Nah, but I think mocking folk that post the shite you do is utterly fine.

Ironic coming from the boards very own shite shotgun. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, johnking123 said:

Dhanda will be McKay replacement.

It will be a squad game, can see lots of players playing 20-30 games.

Well have nearly 60 games next season all going well.

With the 5 sub rule, subs are also important,  bringing on guys like Mckay, Vargas, Dhanda, Oda etc from the bench is just as important as the starting 11.

For example bringing on Mckay for Dhanda or vice versa is a fantastic option and will change games.

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Ironic coming from the boards very own shite shotgun. 

I like that one, some of your better work.

Really hoping Naismith can get the best out of mckay,his ability is not up for debate,if Naismith can get that extra bit of desire and work rate that he is getting out of Forrest and we seen it from Oda on Saturday then we would have another match winner on our hands,don't forget the last couple of seasons we have been playing with midfield players who didn't get ahead of the ball,now we have a manager who is demanding our midfield be more adventurous.

JimmyCant

I think we’ve had Mckay’s fairly short lived golden period. He’s now injury prone and pushing 30. He’s never getting back to the level of 2 seasons ago and I’d move him on this summer if possible. We’ve got at least 3 more influential players for his area with another on the way.

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

I think we’ve had Mckay’s fairly short lived golden period. He’s now injury prone and pushing 30. He’s never getting back to the level of 2 seasons ago and I’d move him on this summer if possible. We’ve got at least 3 more influential players for his area with another on the way.

I agree. Who is the other on the way?

3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I agree. Who is the other on the way?

Dhanda.

AlimOzturk

Personally can’t see us signing Fraser permanently if McKay is coming back next season and Dhanda as well. Unless we are offloading other players. 

7 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Personally can’t see us signing Fraser permanently if McKay is coming back next season and Dhanda as well. Unless we are offloading other players. 

McKay is a winger and neither Dhanda or Fraser are wingers so not sure how that would have any relevance.

CloustonHMFC
19 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

I think he’d be a regular starter for a lot of teams in the league.  Probably with the exception of aberdeen

Ability wise absolutely but I don’t think he’ll be able to keep fitness, in all honesty. 

JimmyCant
1 hour ago, Chimp said:

McKay is a winger and neither Dhanda or Fraser are wingers so not sure how that would have any relevance.

Dhanda CAN play from wide and cut in. Just like McKay usually does. I’m not sure McKay works as an out and out ACM but Dhanda would be able to play there.

Fraser. On evidence SO FAR we’ll not be signing him 

Edited by JimmyCant

1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

We're going to be needing a larger squad so we can compete in both Europe and the league (and cups) effectively. 

IMO I don't see the issue. If anything, I think Grant might have reason to be worried given both Dhanda & Fraser play CAM and seem to both be Naisy's signings. 

Hopefully breeds a really competitive squad. 

TexasAndy

We were chatting after game last week and saying how we had almost forgotten about McKay especially with the competition we now have for places in and around midfield and attacking midfield.  Will be good that he will need to fight his way back in rather than us relying on him so much in past.