This season is starting to be one of regret

May98

Start of season was derailed by central midfield. Beni not fit, Grant out of picture, Calem not up to speed and Cammy forgetting any positional discipline. Once Grant came back in fold and Beni/Calem got going, suddenly the midfield didn’t drag the rest of the team down.

Naismith has learned too and today is an example of brave substitutions and flexible approach. 

Sorry, I think some have picked me up wrongly.  We have been absolutely fantastic recently and the team has shaped and molded into something pretty special.   We are on title winning form so it's frustrating more than anything and not regretful. 

My post was actually meant to be positive sorry.  I probably worded it wrongly. 

Mikey1874
Just now, May98 said:

Sorry, I think some have picked me up wrongly.  We have been absolutely fantastic recently and the team has shaped and molded into something pretty special.   We are on title winning form so it's frustrating more than anything and not regretful. 

My post was actually meant to be positive sorry.  I probably worded it wrongly. 

Frustration is worse than regret 

N Lincs Jambo

We are on title winning form but our bottom six form from the first six games is why we are where we are.

Fwiw I think the huns are going to win it by a good few points. Things are not good at darkheid. IF, and again it’s a huge if, Celtic keep dropping points they shouldn’t (like today), we might, just might give them a fright for second. For me though, if we can be under 10 points behind Celtic at the end, I’ll be delighted.

Watt-Zeefuik
42 minutes ago, HartleyLegend3 said:

As someone else said. I'm not going to start thinking about challenging for the league. 

With mu tinfoil hat on, if we were to start making the old firm look over their shoulders. Guaranteed decision would go against us hard and fast by the weegie ref's. 

With us being a little comfortable in 3rd. I'd like for us to put everything in to the Scottish cup. 

As much as I've been on the "reach for the stars" on this thread, to me I would be happy if we just stick our nose into the conversation, such that the media outlets start writing things like "possible three-way title race brewing in Scotland" or some such. I know it seems like a silly thing but having our club mentioned in things like that brings us more exposure and a second look from players and agents who might not have considered us.

That said, my assumption has been since the fan takeover and remains that one season in the not too distant future we will win the title, and it will happen when we go on a mad run of wins and beat the OF repeatedly. I'm not saying we're going to do it this season but there's no time like the present.

fabienleclerq

Just enjoy it, probably as good as we can expect. A wee cup win would top it off

Fort Vallance

Yes we've dropped points that we shouldn't have. But to be fair we've picked up a few that we didn't deserve.  The league table st the end of the season will tell the truth.

Most optimistic I’ve felt as a Hearts fan in quite some time. Not sealed yet but since coming up it’s very likely we’ll have 3 top 4 finishes in a row, top 3 in 2/3 of the last 3 seasons coupled with good cup runs resulting in regular Hampden trips, playing and winning games in Europe, the best striker in the league up top (hopefully for another season, keeping everything crossed), an ambitious young manager & good young players coming through from the b team at last. Off the park we have a board with the best interests of the club at heart, fans pouring money into the club via FOH, a sold out stadium every week with a waiting list for STs, infrastructure befitting of a big club, record turnover and future projects on the way such as the maroon mile and hopefully a rail seating area to come in the next couple of years. FOH are almost done paying off the loan too which will allow more money for the playing budget.

This season could be the start of a very very special era for us, enjoy the ride whatever happens.

My only concern for next season is competing in Europe and domestically. 

We were shite at it last time. 

Aberdeen were awful this time. 

Could mean we need to wait till April to seal the league title rather than March. 

This next 9 points up for grabs is massive, so much to be positive about and it's good to get carried away, can you imagine 9 points out of 9. 

I have said it elsewhere but

Today showed me two things
1- we have a manager that is able to change tactics, approach and momentum easily and the players are prepared for that

2- we have great squad depth, every single substitution improved the on-field situation, they were attack minded, positive and changed the dynamic of the game.

We are in a very good place right now, if only we hadn't had such a poor start to the season...we might have been talking about a title challenge 😳

11 minutes ago, Mac80 said:

No point looking back. 

Can we not look back in anger??  I heard

you say ;)

Why would we regret this season…every team needs to grow and develop and we’re seeing that in abundance this season…it’s the best part of being a supporter …watching JJ’s team grown 95-98 was the best time for me…if Naismith can replicate that in anyway then all good for me

vintage1874
14 hours ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

The opening of the season is eerily like the opening of the 85/86 season. 2W 3D 5L first 10 games of each.

We win the last 4 games against the OF and anything is possible. Yes, that's a huge hill to climb, but that's what title-winning teams do.

St Mirren and Dundee both currently in top six, haha on course for a rerun of last day 85/86 but with different outcome this time:flag2:

14 hours ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

If only we’d fired Naismith immediately after the poor results started. 😜

Look at Celitc, top of the league and Rodgers must go, LOL