This season is starting to be one of regret

May98

Right now we are in title contender form, especially with the bigoted two not being the best and dropping points galore.   If only we hit the ground running at the beginning of the season, it could have been really, really special.  Hopefully we can build on this for next season but it's going to be tough with the players we could lose.

****ing great to be a Jambo just now, have a good night people. 

Italian Lambretta

Let’s just concentrate on finishing 3rd and building our squad for playing in Europe. If we secure 3rd in the next month we can go full throttle on the Scottish cup.

Jamboross

It's all ifs, buts and maybes but if we didn't throw away the lead against Hibs and Rangers and didn't have the stinker against County we'd be sitting level on points with Rangers and just 4 off a faltering Celtic.

Frustrating but it's fantastic that we've got to the point of even having that conversation. 

Na just enjoy it going forward and look forward to the Scottish cup and next season.  We certainly weren't good enough early doors. What we are seeing now is the result of hard, hard work from everyone.

vegas-voss

Nope it's one of optimism imo.

Naismith has shown and earned trust that he knows exactly what he is doing and it's now coming to fruition.Go back to the start of the season when fans were in a panic ( myself included ) and he was calm and clear in how he wanted this to turn out and now it is.We might win nothing this season ( hopefully the cup ) but with Naismith here I now have the belief we will keep on improving into next season.

Watt-Zeefuik

The opening of the season is eerily like the opening of the 85/86 season. 2W 3D 5L first 10 games of each.

We win the last 4 games against the OF and anything is possible. Yes, that's a huge hill to climb, but that's what title-winning teams do.

OP obviously a glass half empty sort of guy.

No regrets how this is turning out. Onwards and upwards!

It’s not a one way street…there are moments in other games that go in your favour, penalty shouts in your favour, disallowed goals for the opposition, bad misses etc.

The bad results early in the season may have galvanised us to turn things around. 

Swings and roundabouts..

Who knows what's round the corner...

Its all about from now to the end of the season🏆

HHGH 🇱🇻

6 minutes ago, Jamboross said:

It's all ifs, buts and maybes but if we didn't throw away the lead against Hibs and Rangers and didn't have the stinker against County we'd be sitting level on points with Rangers and just 4 off a faltering Celtic.

Frustrating but it's fantastic that we've got to the point of even having that conversation. 

It all works out even. We was 2-0 down against county and Dundee and late goal against Hibs. So there’s 7 points u weren’t expecting 

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg
12 minutes ago, May98 said:

Right now we are in title contender form, especially with the bigoted two not being the best and dropping points galore.   If only we hit the ground running at the beginning of the season, it could have been really, really special.  Hopefully we can build on this for next season but it's going to be tough with the players we could lose.

Celtic are dropping points galore but Rangers haven’t dropped any points since they got beat by Celtic on 30/12. Rangers are unfortunately grinding out results. 

There’s a long way to go, any post mortem needs kept for the end of the season. Just enjoy a winning Hearts team, an exciting young manager and the best striker we’ve had since the great man himself! 

RustyRightPeg

I’ll say again, bar a Yan Dhanda 1 in a 100 free kick, we’re 12 wins in a row. 11 out of 12 is truly incredible in its self. 

Buster HMFC

If anyone regrets any part our season they're supporting the wrong team. I'm loving this.

Vlad Magic

If if if if………

Is what it is.

Just be satisfied what’s going on right here, right now is special. Once in a lifetime striker banging them in. Winning home and away. Defence that’s tighter than a gnats chuff in a sandstorm. A team that controls games. A team who would jump in front of a bus for a team mate. A manager who isn’t afraid to make big decisions and can change games with his substitutions.

This is genuinely the most excited I have ever been about Hearts and I include the Burley start.

Its simply magnificent to be a Jambo right now.

HeartsandonlyHearts

If only we’d fired Naismith immediately after the poor results started. 😜

10 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

The opening of the season is eerily like the opening of the 85/86 season. 2W 3D 5L first 10 games of each.

We win the last 4 games against the OF and anything is possible. Yes, that's a huge hill to climb, but that's what title-winning teams do.

If we win the next 3 games I will allow myself to dream :) 

2 minutes ago, Buster HMFC said:

If anyone regrets any part our season they're supporting the wrong team. I'm loving this.

This! 

The Real Maroonblood
21 minutes ago, May98 said:

If, if, if.

:lol:

If we can successfully navigate Cappielow next month, which we should, then the semi final becomes enormous. With third looking good it would be great to see a really bullish performance in a semi final in Glasgow even if we face one of the gruesome.

What a winning sequence Naismith has put together :clap:

Watt-Zeefuik
2 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

If we win the next 3 games I will allow myself to dream :) 

That's fair, just want to say that the chance for dreamland isn't gone yet, it's just very hard to reach. :) 

GlasgoJambo
23 minutes ago, May98 said:

You tease 

IMG_5170.gif

Edited by GlasgoJambo

Watt-Zeefuik
3 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

If only we’d fired Naismith immediately after the poor results started. 😜

MCAVOY MUST GO! :lol:

Easy to say that but then pressure comes into play and we don’t really know how they would deal with that 

OmiyaHearts

Can't look at it like that, ifs and buts.

Every team has missed chances, we can't just claim ours, ignore theirs, and say what may have been. 

Jackhmfc1348

Knew this was going to happen 🙄

Even if we had one those games, their would still be a lot to do 

alot would of changed aswell, maybe rangers would of pushed for Shankalnd for example 

BelgeJambo

A win at Ibrox would be outstanding.

Clement is a snaky fooker and once a big offer comes in, he will do an Ange Pistapotofglue and take the English pound.  Judging by his accent, he is a Dutch leaning Belgian and they are people who are driven by money.

and of course, a good old thrashing of the Leithers would also suffice.  

Edited by BelgeJambo

AC Mallin_51

If and big if, we go to ibrox and win next week then I think it’s not over. Would obviously require us winning more or less all our remaining games but I think a win next week and we maybe start believing a wee bit that it’s not over til it’s over 

NaturalOrder74

If we can get a result against rangers then there’s no reason we can’t keep pressure on the top two with this form closer to the top than 4th at this point 

Go for it 1308
34 minutes ago, May98 said:

Cheer up ffs😂

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

Zero regrets here. What's this loser chat about?

We were sh*** at the start of the season. 

We aren't now. Time to be happy about it and not having a pathetic wee greet about if my auntie had some bo****s she'd change her pronouns nonsense. 

9 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

That's fair, just want to say that the chance for dreamland isn't gone yet, it's just very hard to reach. :) 

No, I completely agree with you! Mid season is not the time for celebration or regrets. We have been on an extraordinary run. I am not expecting 2 or 3 wins from the next few games but it would make things v interesting. 

Jambo Buckets

Not for me I'm just loving seeing Hearts win. Secure 3rd place again and use the finances to keep improving the team. A strong showing in the Conference groups next season would be great, would love to see Hearts in the knockouts. Aberdeen aren't great but they weren't miles away from getting to the knockouts in a very tough group. 

Get what the OP is saying, but as others have mentioned it is all "if, buts and maybes". Goes to show that it really needs to be a unicorn season for everything to fall into place to maintain the challenge and win the league (even more so in Scotland). Suspect next week we will be up against not only a revitalised Rangers, but also their chums in black, and our wee run will come to an end. Being brutally honest, there is absolutely no way we are challenging for the league, but closing out 3rd early doors should be the main aim just now. In saying that, I do feel much more confident about Scottish Cup success though.

Edited by Fraggle

Every other team in the league will have the same outlook, wish we done this, started with this manager, got a point here, got 3 there....i always say take each game at a time and see where it takes you, it's all you can do.

Buster HMFC
5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I know we never win through there but the game next weekend seems massive. 

I doesn't though. We get 3rd and one of the auld squirm win the cup then its job done mate

Huge it's and buts. So frustrating considering the points lost. Next season could be so different again, all it takes is no Shankland and one or both of the OF to be a bit better and the gaps 20+ again.

Let's go full throttle at the Scottish cup 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

AlphonseCapone

This is how a football season goes, ups and downs. Delusional to think our current form is possible for a full season.

John Findlay
59 minutes ago, May98 said:

Did you not enjoy your draw up at Pittodrie today?

The Treasurer

If you listen to Naismith’s interview after the Airdrie game he more or less says we weren't ready to cope with the euro games and the league. 

I don't think that mistake will be made next season 

davie1980

If we never lost some of the games in all of the other season we never won the title, we'd be on for 43 in a row in my lifetime.

HartleyLegend3

As someone else said. I'm not going to start thinking about challenging for the league. 

With mu tinfoil hat on, if we were to start making the old firm look over their shoulders. Guaranteed decision would go against us hard and fast by the weegie ref's. 

With us being a little comfortable in 3rd. I'd like for us to put everything in to the Scottish cup.