Ian Murray.

Selkirkhmfc1874

Selkirkhmfc1874

We were seats right in front of the press at Sundays game against Airdrie and Murray took some amount of abuse for the 90mins , he took it well like and never once reacted 

Selkirkhmfc1874
9 minutes ago, jimbojambo said:

Hibs Ian Murray? I thought at first the MP and wondered why we would turn on our own. 

Sorry yeah ex hibs player buddy

The 31-year-old, who failed to recover from a hip injury in time to make Pat Fenlon’s squad, said: “I sat in the stand and was more numb than hurt at what was unfolding.

“I feared Hibs were going to get a real doing. It looked like Hearts were going to score every time they went forward and make it 6-1, 7-1 or 8-1

:glorious:

PaddysBar
25 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Remember he got 7-0 shaved into his head before a derby? That was a bit cringey. 

‘73’ or ‘1973’ I think it was. 

1 minute ago, PaddysBar said:

Yeah, I think it was 1973 dyed green. 🤮

PaddysBar
3 minutes ago, Forrest said:

Yeah, I think it was 1973 dyed green. 🤮

What a tit. I can’t remember the score in that game (4-4?) but I do remember something to do with an empty vodka bottle he made a fuss about which meant the ref added on time, enabling us to score😂

Bull's-eye
6 minutes ago, PaddysBar said:

What a tit. I can’t remember the score in that game (4-4?) but I do remember something to do with an empty vodka bottle he made a fuss about which meant the ref added on time, enabling us to score😂

You nailed it with your 1st 3 words.

Is this hobo deserving of a thread.

Mon Selkirk get it merged into another thread.

Don't really hate him just another bland hibby.

19 minutes ago, PaddysBar said:

You're right. Memory playing tricks on me.

32 minutes ago, PaddysBar said:

Think it was a no score draw.   Hibs have the video!!

willie wallace
35 minutes ago, PaddysBar said:

That's exactly how I remember it.

Hope he has a wee think about it every time we play them😃

Jack Torrance
1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

We were seats right in front of the press at Sundays game against Airdrie and Murray took some amount of abuse for the 90mins , he took it well like and never once reacted 

You must've been right beside us. He kept his head down while the young team were slaughtering Kettlewell. I think McCann found it quite amusing.

1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

We were there too - Murray got off lightly compared to Kettlewell :lol:

Selkirkhmfc1874
6 minutes ago, Dunks said:

We were there too - Murray got off lightly compared to Kettlewell :lol:

Sacked in the morning 

28 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

So was it Airdrie Fans in the main stand who were giving Murray the abuse. Or was it Hearts fans only. Or was it both.

Just now, mitch41 said:

So was it Airdrie Fans in the main stand who were giving Murray the abuse. Or was it Hearts fans only. Or was it both.

The commentary positions are at the back of the stand opposite the main stand, which housed Hearts fans only.

4 minutes ago, Dunks said:

The commentary positions are at the back of the stand opposite the main stand, which housed Hearts fans only.

Ok the press were in the stand opposite the main stand. I was in that stand Section V and all I could see was the Cameras. 

28 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Ok the press were in the stand opposite the main stand. I was in that stand Section V and all I could see was the Cameras. 

Radio and TV commentary teams were to the left of the cameras as you looked up the back.

Right behind me in Section T.

Edited by Dunks

Armageddon
2 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

You should have demanded a clear out of the stand, top to bottom 😂😂😂

gordon simpson
2 hours ago, Sir PH said:

Remember he got 7-0 shaved into his head before a derby? That was a bit cringey. 

h1b5 class 

gordon simpson
6 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

pmsl just spat my beer oot 

Section Q
3 hours ago, jimbojambo said:

Hibs Ian Murray? I thought at first the MP and wondered why we would turn on our own. 

The MP is a total grub of a human being............fact....!

Benny Klack

Murray was a clown. Not a bad player but never the kind that had you worried that he may do something against us - like Griffiths or Riordan.

The 1973 was cringey in the extreme. 

GIRUY you Hibs fan dan. 

21 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

😅 Brilliant!!!

2 hours ago, PaddysBar said:

1 hour ago, Sherbet said:

It was the 4-4 Weir Derby. Riorden had 7-0 shaved into his rat head! You’re right Murray made a big deal over a bottle on the pitch which added on the time for Weir to bag his double. 

56 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Radio and TV commentary teams were to the left of the cameras as you looked up the back.

Right behind me in Section T.

👍

one of numerous reasons why you should Never leave before the final whistle.

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Section Q said:

I don't support him politically and know nothing of him personally ( except we both worked for the same company ) but I thought he did a good job as chairman of FoH. 

2 hours ago, Sherbet said:

No it was the 4-4 game for sure, I remember bumping into Severin and Presley coming out the lounge under the old stand. It was them that told us about Murray’s green hair

queensferryjambo
1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

It was the 4-4 Weir Derby. Riorden had 7-0 shaved into his rat head! You’re right Murray made a big deal over a bottle on the pitch which added on the time for Weir to bag his double. 

Riordan never played in the 4-4 game and wasn't even on the bench.

Murray had 1973 dyed into his hair as it was the 30th anniversary of the 0-7 game.

Well as close as it could be to 30 years as the 4-4 game was played on the 2nd of January 2003.

Edited by queensferryjambo

PaddysBar
1 hour ago, Rudy T said:

Thought it was. A disappointing scoreline but after they went 4-2 up in injury time I suppose we’ll have to settle for a draw. 

I remember them singing ‘Happy New Year’ to us. 

You’d think they’d learn but no. 

He was in charge of Dumbarton when we beat them 5-1 with the whole ground belting out the 5-1 song and him standing at the touchline😀.  

jimbojambo

Craig Gordon speaks highly of him helping to save his career while Dumbarton manager and Colin Cameron is his assistant so seems over the hatred he showed us as a player. 

colinmaroon
5 hours ago, Sir PH said:

In which they got subbed, if I remember correctly. 

I was at the 4-4, in the (old) Main, and stood up to leave when Hibs went 2-4 up.

The narrow passageways/exits were choc-a-bloc and I couldn't go anywhere.

Thank goodness.

I've searched, unsuccessfully, and asked before if anyone on JKB can provide a link to David Begg's radio commentary that day but, thus far, no joy.

His description of Graham Weir's equaliser is a thing of beauty.

It was used for the rest of 2003 as a TV advert for Radio Scotland/Sportsound and I'd love to hear it again.

Anyone?

Jim_Duncan
5 hours ago, Section Q said:

Has been very helpful whenever we’ve had cause to ask him to help as our local MP. 

Section Q
1 hour ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Has been very helpful whenever we’ve had cause to ask him to help as our local MP. 

My experience was different. Glad he helped the club though.

7 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

Riordan never played in the 4-4 game and wasn't even on the bench.

Murray had 1973 dyed into his hair as it was the 30th anniversary of the 0-7 game.

Well as close as it could be to 30 years as the 4-4 game was played on the 2nd of January 2003.

Someone had 7-0 shaved or dyed into their head I’m sure. Or perhaps Riordan did it at a different time. 

17 hours ago, Sir PH said:

he deserved all the abuse he got... guy was a total d1ck towards Hearts fans as a player and later as a pundit. Pushing boundaries too far.....7-0 shaved into his hair especially for a derby he was a poor mans Scott Brown re attitude......

I was wrong !! it was 1973. (not 7-0)

Edited by busbyfth
I was wrong yet again

7 minutes ago, busbyfth said:

he deserved all the abuse he got... guy was a total d1ck towards Hearts fans as a player and later as a pundit. Pushing boundaries too far.....7-0 shaved into his hair especially for a derby he was a poor mans Scott Brown re attitude......

I was wrong !! it was 1973. (not 7-0)

Aye, I got it wrong as well. Was 1973, not 7-0.

AlphonseCapone
19 hours ago, GinRummy said:

The 31-year-old, who failed to recover from a hip injury in time to make Pat Fenlon’s squad, said: “I sat in the stand and was more numb than hurt at what was unfolding.

“I feared Hibs were going to get a real doing. It looked like Hearts were going to score every time they went forward and make it 6-1, 7-1 or 8-1

:glorious:

You lucky *******s, it should have been 10!

14 hours ago, PaddysBar said:

Thought it was. A disappointing scoreline but after they went 4-2 up in injury time I suppose we’ll have to settle for a draw. 

I remember them singing ‘Happy New Year’ to us. 

You’d think they’d learn but no. 

And we sang Happy New Weir back to them. I remember many of the 'my dog died' facial expressions of the Hibees at the end of that game and it still makes me laugh.

AlimOzturk

Ah Ian Arthritic Murray. Never did make much of his career like many talented Hibs players.