Jim Jefferies Likes Resigning Former Players..

elvis21

BUT surely this guy must be a bit too old!! :rolleyes:

From BBC: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/k/kilmarnock/7514316.stm

Meanwhile, former Auxerre striker Joel Thomas, who is on trial at Rugby Park, has suffered a hamstring injury.

"We've not really seen a lot of him," said Jefferies. "If we receive clearance, I may give him a run-out in some of the games we've got coming up.

"The other trialist, Stefano Salvatore, came down from Milan to let us have a look at him for a few days.

"He's shaped up very well and I may follow that up. But he's a midfielder and our priority just now is a striker."

shaun.lawson

From BBC: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/k/kilmarnock/7514316.stm

Meanwhile, former Auxerre striker Joel Thomas, who is on trial at Rugby Park, has suffered a hamstring injury.

"We've not really seen a lot of him," said Jefferies. "If we receive clearance, I may give him a run-out in some of the games we've got coming up.

"The other trialist, Stefano Salvatore, came down from Milan to let us have a look at him for a few days.

"He's shaped up very well and I may follow that up. But he's a midfielder and our priority just now is a striker."

Yeah, I chuckled when I saw that. I think he's now moved on from re-signing former players; and instead, wants to sign anyone with the same name as a former player!

Dirk Diggler

Fantastic player during the 98 season.

Would think he was past it now though.

Although, If he ever returned to Tynie in a Killie shirt, I'd give him a standing ovation.

Although, If he ever returned to Tynie in a Killie shirt, I'd give him a standing ovation.

Very much an unsung hero of 98 IMHO

found this and it would suggest that Gonzo is now 41 years young

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4158/is_19960906/ai_n14055620

As you say he must be past it surely?

Note the "e" at the end of the surname. I suspect it is a different player. IIRC, SalvatorI had been talking to JJ recently about bringing over players for his perusal.

Totally agree. Fascinating considering we just asked Pasquale if knew anybody that would do us a job.

shaun.lawson

Anyone know or remember why JJ fell out with Salvatori the year after we won the Cup?

Dirk Diggler
Anyone know or remember why JJ fell out with Salvatori the year after we won the Cup?

Sorry, I was drunk for over a year.

:booze:

shaun.lawson
Sorry, I was drunk for over a year.

:booze:

Unfortunately, so were JJ and the team! :)

Dirk Diggler
Amateur ;)

:)

I did lose four days.

I remember crying and hugging my old man when the full time whistle went. I remember (just) being the first through the doors of Robbos on the Sunday morning and i vaguely remember the open top bus passing me.

Then I was at work on the Thursday.

:confused:

lost in leith
:)

I did lose four days.

I remember crying and hugging my old man when the full time whistle went. I remember (just) being the first through the doors of Robbos on the Sunday morning and i vaguely remember the open top bus passing me.

Then I was at work on the Thursday.

:confused:

On the Monday a new start at our work was introduced to the troops. Apart from 4 of us who were busy getting mangled in the Blue Blazer on day 3 of the celebration. I was her new boss. Met her on the Tuesday, sweating alcohol from every pore and looking as rough as Pete Doherty after he'd had a particularly heavy session with Shane McGowan and the ghost of John Belushi.

I perked up no end when she mentioned that she was a ST holder at Ibrox :)

shaun.lawson
On the Monday a new start at our work was introduced to the troops. Apart from 4 of us who were busy getting mangled in the Blue Blazer on day 3 of the celebration. I was her new boss. Met her on the Tuesday, sweating alcohol from every pore and looking as rough as Pete Doherty after he'd had a particularly heavy session with Shane McGowan and the ghost of John Belushi.

I perked up no end when she mentioned that she was a ST holder at Ibrox :)

"**** all! You never won **** all!" :)

Winston Ingram

Had a few scoops with Salvatori and pals in Why Not a few weeks ago! Top guy. Was also at '98 dinner.

Fall out was after that St Johnstone league cup semi debacle, JJ blamed him for a goal or something and he took the hump. Dont think he played again.

Drylaw Hearts

Fall out was after that St Johnstone league cup semi debacle, JJ blamed him for a goal or something and he took the hump. Dont think he played again.

A horrific night.

Had a few scoops with Salvatori and pals in Why Not a few weeks ago! Top guy. Was also at '98 dinner.

One might assume there is good reason why JJ is in the dugout while I continue to pay at the gate ;)

However, as I recall it, Fulton was absolutely minging that night and yet JJ appeared to heap all the blame for the defeat on Stefano :wacko:

I think Jeffries mostly blamed Salvatori for a run of poor results during the 98-99 season. One player shouldn't be blamed, i remember some really bad performances from a few players that season, they must've thought they were the bees knees just because they won the Cup previously.

Its just yet more poor reporting from the beeb.

In the interview JJ mentions the player was recommended by his contact Salvatori.

Archived