Scott Fraser

innerjambo

31 minutes ago, munro9 said:

I like Grant. Hugely underrated in my opinion. Hoff, Grant and Fraser would be a very good midfield 3. 

He’s pretty poor in my opinion.  Can see him leaving in the summer, especially if Dhanda comes in.  Got tait coming through too who will be a far better player than Grant

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• innerjambo

• Pete Elliott

• been here before

• Des Lynam

43 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I thought they were flashing but not really sure. 

My other half is busy googling "flashing adult football boots" for his five aside on Thursday night :jj_facepalm:

41 minutes ago, Badonde said:

He’s pretty poor in my opinion.  Can see him leaving in the summer, especially if Dhanda comes in.  Got tait coming through too who will be a far better player than Grant

Tate and Grant look like very different players, IMHO Tate looks more box to box, traditional number 8. Grant is a more a 10, which Dhanda definitely has the ability to play.

davemclaren
29 minutes ago, Alex said:

My other half is busy googling "flashing adult football boots" for his five aside on Thursday night :jj_facepalm:

🤣🤣

colinmaroon
53 minutes ago, Badonde said:

Grant has a lot going for him IF he's given time and space.  For that reason, I hope he's not playing against Morton.  It will be brutal, especially if the ref gives no protection.

Hang on a minute, what am I saying "IF" for?

tiger Rudi

Good addition to the squad. Not certain who will start next season.... Grant, Fraser or Dhanda? Will depend on Charlton's valuation of Fraser I suppose, he might not even be here. 

He will play his part no doubt in the coming weeks trying to impress. Loved his assist yesterday, lots more to come. 

tartofmidlothian

He was great as a forward that first half, more of that please. Tailed off when he moved back to replace Beni though.

Thought he done pretty well today. Got a bit skill and always looking to attack. Still finding his feet but reasons to be optimistic. 

Played out of position today I felt but put in a good shift. 

I would say he could be a good squad player if he signed perm.

Yeah I seen one or two comments today about him not being the best. He was ok tbh. One of only one or two with urgency in that first half.

A welcome addition to the squad.

slashishere

People writing him off already, seriously when are people going to accept that not every player hits the ground running. He's been here two minutes, he could be a seriously good player for us, and one not to be tempted in the long term by lower league England.

Thank **** social media wasn't as rife in Sir Paul Hartley's first bit part season cause we might have lost out on something special 

Good grief, the guy is just in the door FFS!! give him a feckin chance. I do despair at some of our support at times, there was a guy a few rows back today giving him pelters...🤦‍♂️

wattie exploited

thought he was pretty poor in fact we played better when he went off :rifle:

Bit on the edges of the game but looks a player. We need to give him time to settle.

Jackhmfc1348
25 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

thought he was pretty poor in fact we played better when he went off :rifle:

Wasn’t his fault though 

he got played further back 

Bob Loblaw

He's clearly tidy. He's not been amazing, but he's not had a lot to work with. You'd think people would learn from writing folk off to early.

been here before

Nah he's shite.

Thats 3 or 4 appearances he's had now and none of them have been a full game to get him up to speed. He's scored less than Shankland and about the same as Craig Gordon whose 40 and been out injured for a year.

Imposter, wage thief and that.

Get him punted the Kickback Peps have spoken.

Edited by been here before

Ok! Nothing between him and Grant at the moment, but Fraser has only been in the door a few weeks. If anything it makes me appreciate Mckay more — teams make it so hard for our central players to play a through ball.

Assumed a few months loan would be ready to go so surprised to would rather give Grant time tbh.

Will trust Naismith knows who's fit and who needs a rest etc though

Started well and showing for the ball but fell right out of it. If I was Grant i would be a bit pissed that he is getting game time ahead of me. Grants a strange one fought himself back into the team after Naismith says he wasn't really needed. Now he look to be back out the team again for Fraser and in all honesty I would be giving Tait and Denholm starts ahead of both Grant and Fraser.

ScandinavianJambo
36 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Solid, not spectacular but ffs give the guy time. Will be fine I'm sure.

But, but that mean the sentence "I am glad to having proven wrong" can't be used! Hoof haters must have another midfielder to moan about...Beni is apparently not good enough either (laughable)

I see a tidy, midfielders who mops up AND can bring the game forward. Yes, he is a bit rusty, but he is a good addition and is likely to grow in stature as the end of the season progresses. How can that be s bad thing??

Edited by ScandinavianJambo

Have seen things in flashes from him that suggest he could be a decent addition, but it's still early doors and he's clearly still getting back to full match fitness, so the jury is still very much out in my opinion.

Good thing for us is it's a low risk signing, he's only here on loan so if he doesn't make the grade he's at least a handy squad player to have for the rest of the season.

He's clearly desperate to come back to Scotland and we're the best option he's going to have, so he has all the incentive to work as hard as he can to potentially secure a permanent deal, assuming we can work things out with Charlton.  

BelgeJambo

Not sure where we can best fit him into the team just now.

Still short of match fitness for sure 

feedthefox
3 hours ago, Dia Liom said:

Ok! Nothing between him and Grant at the moment, but Fraser has only been in the door a few weeks. If anything it makes me appreciate Mckay more — teams make it so hard for our central players to play a through ball.

Very harsh on Grant who in the last 10 games or so has played his part in an exceptional run of results. Despite his rather unatheletic running style Fraser (so far) has looked competent enough but surely Grant deserves a start over him, Grant must yet again be pretty pissed off.

Uncle Buck

He was quite quiet today but one thing I like about him is that he never watches a pass he makes. Constantly passing and moving, always asking for the ball. His set pieces are very good too. Snodgrassesque.

4 hours ago, Dia Liom said:

My exact thoughts

Tynecastle Valhalla

He is a tidy player - good vision and passing abilities.

he had that shot edge of the box that got blocked but looked like he connected well and was on target 

but his positioning wasn’t great for receiving the ball most of the first half

we played better when he went off and introduced genuine pace and width

All roads lead to Gorgie

He was always trying to get involved but I felt that he was playing too much in the area where Cochrane is most effective in the first half. In fact they were getting in each others way at times. Like Forrest as an example he needs time before we rush to judge and he does add to the options and already looks better than Lowry for what it's worth.

Pete Elliott

Form-wise his arse should be on the bench beside Grant. Tait is miles better than both.

24 minutes ago, Pete Elliott said:

Form-wise his arse should be on the bench beside Grant. Tait is miles better than both.

Well time will tell on that but Tait does not play the same position as Grant or Fraser so…

Pasquale for King

Looks neat and tidy, obviously need to see more of him, not sure playing him behind Shankland will work. 

tartofmidlothian
2 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

He was always trying to get involved but I felt that he was playing too much in the area where Cochrane is most effective in the first half. In fact they were getting in each others way at times. Like Forrest as an example he needs time before we rush to judge and he does add to the options and already looks better than Lowry for what it's worth.

This is fair. Thought he had a very good first half in an attacking role though, always looking for the ball and trying to play it forward. He's like Forrest with more energy but a bit less maturity to his play.

He was no good playing the Beni role though, credit to Naismith for changing it and getting Tait on.

To early to make a call, don’t think he is up to match speed yet. 

Midfield will be interesting next year, as I think Grant and Beni will move 

We_are_the_Hearts

Like alll our players looked lost with this 3 at the back nonsense at home. No surprise everyone improved when went to a 4. Away to the old firm maybe but otherwise stick to a 4. Felt sorry for Dexter who was isolated, assuming Hof was meant to be giving him the same support Fraser gave Cochrane first half?