Scott Fraser

innerjambo

The Treasurer
9 hours ago, sjh1874 said:

How the hell can we judge this far?

Because this is Kickback and you are supposed to make your mind up about a player after his first touch 

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• innerjambo

• Pete Elliott

• been here before

• Des Lynam

He was poor midweek but won’t judge him after 1 game.

Needs a proper run games before passing judgement. Not sure he’ll get that with Grant starting to come into a game.

Edited by Chaps

Arthur Morgan
10 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

Thought he was poor at Perth tbh 

Possibly trying too hard 

Same here. Obviously need to give him time though. 

Ccjambo1874
13 minutes ago, sac said:

Start him today, we should have the majority of the possession so be good to see what he’s got.

We should have BUT they are very much a possession based team so don't think it'll be as much in our favour as we'd expect.

10 hours ago, innerjambo said:

We can't, I just wanted initial reaction. 

I don’t think he’s match fit yet and will need a run of games before he’s actually being noticed as a stand out. Was pretty anonymous in Perth and Jorge Grant was much more lively when he came on.

Far too early though and he’ll need a few weeks to get his match fitness up to speed. Will be an important player for us though in the run up. 

I like that he’s named Scott, I like that he came from Charlton, only because I fitted new bars in their hospitality close season a few years ago.
         other than that I can judge nothing about him as I haven’t seen how he will embed himself in the team and how he will gel with his teammates, too early.

Tynecastle Valhalla

Thought he looked decent in his first game then terrible away to st Johnstone. 

For now I would start Grant 

Pete Elliott

A big part of his game appears to be built upon energy, drive and arriving late into the box to finish off attacks. Not playing for the best part of two months is going to seriously impede upon his match fitness and ability to do those things. Zero point even attempting to judge him so far imo.

Pete Elliott
50 minutes ago, Chaps said:

Not sure he’ll get that with Grant starting to come into a game.

image.gif.79ff181eb890ea3007a490cc5912b1bc.gif

Montague H Withnail

I think he'll be an important player for us, we'll only know for sure when he gets match fitness - possibly by playing matches.  Kinda sorta trust Naismith on what's best for the team, today and in the long run.

9 hours ago, Tynie 3 said:

I recollect comments regarding Benni, Oda , Forrester, among others, people wanting to dump them after one game. If anything I think Naismith is a better judge of talent than any of us , so I think I will go with his judgement.

Really?  I thought Benni had an assured debut game 

8 minutes ago, Disco Ball said:

Really?  I thought Benni had an assured debut game 

League debut was the 2-1 win against Celtic I think. He was marvellous that game. Not sure if he played in league cup group games before that. Can’t even remember who we played in LC groups that year.

The White Cockade

he’s not looked anything special so far but need to wait till he’s match fit and had a run of games to see the best of him hopefully

RustyRightPeg
37 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

League debut was the 2-1 win against Celtic I think. He was marvellous that game. Not sure if he played in league cup group games before that. Can’t even remember who we played in LC groups that year.

Beni signed the day before the Celtic game and was thrown straight in. 

Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

Beni signed the day before the Celtic game and was thrown straight in. 

Cheers 👍

12 hours ago, innerjambo said:

Nothing really to hang our hat on so far.  But he's got a few months to show us what he's about. 

Depends what sort of hat . If this pic is anything to go by , then I would be comfortable with his ability to keep my fedora off the ground 

IMG_6198.jpeg

Jackhmfc1348
12 hours ago, been here before said:

Boys only been here 5 mins and thats 2 threads in a week.

I made that thread. Nothing wrong in discussing how he progresses each week and get an idea of how he plays 👍🏻

gordon simpson
11 hours ago, Tynie 3 said:

I recollect comments regarding Benni, Oda , Forrester, among others, people wanting to dump them after one game. If anything I think Naismith is a better judge of talent than any of us , so I think I will go with his judgement.

spot on 

The Mercer Takeover

Has been honking so far, which is a worry. 

Folk on here are actually suggesting Grant get a starting place before him, which sums up Fraser for you.

Samuel Camazzola
11 hours ago, Tynie 3 said:

It's something that isn't new. Hartley was minging to begin with. Although not playing in their strongest positions, Elvis and Zaliukas didn't have the best of starts to their time at Hearts. 

Fans were on their backs but each settled, produced and ended up with legend status. 

Pete Elliott
28 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Depends what sort of hat . If this pic is anything to go by , then I would be comfortable with his ability to keep my fedora off the ground 

IMG_6198.jpeg

:lolderwood:

It is too early to tell if he’s any good or not but I would question whether we needed yet another CM in the first place. We already have Hof and Grant who are meant to be box to box midfielders. Then you have Tait etc etc so unless it was a star coming in to transform the midfield, seems a strange move to me.

29 minutes ago, Dsjambo said:

It is too early to tell if he’s any good or not but I would question whether we needed yet another CM in the first place. We already have Hof and Grant who are meant to be box to box midfielders. Then you have Tait etc etc so unless it was a star coming in to transform the midfield, seems a strange move to me.

It is as you say way way way too early to judge the guy . I think there is logic in signing him though because Naismith has stated a few times in the media that he picks the players best suited to each game . Whether I agree with that policy or not is neither here nor there , but it does mean we need bodies to make that happen for him . Also worth noting what he said about expecting players to just keep their heads down and do the basics for a few games when they arrive and not try and be a superstar , we are probably seeing exactly that from Scott right now

It really is far too early to glean any meaningful judgement over Fraser after such a short space of time . If anything it just tempts people to make snap judgements about the guy that will be hard to shift in some 

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

It is as you say way way way too early to judge the guy . I think there is logic in signing him though because Naismith has stated a few times in the media that he picks the players best suited to each game . Whether I agree with that policy or not is neither here nor there , but it does mean we need bodies to make that happen for him . Also worth noting what he said about expecting players to just keep their heads down and do the basics for a few games when they arrive and not try and be a superstar , we are probably seeing exactly that from Scott right now

It really is far too early to glean any meaningful judgement over Fraser after such a short space of time . If anything it just tempts people to make snap judgements about the guy that will be hard to shift in some 

Fair comment 

saxondale

Looked better, gradually getting his match fitness up.

What is clear is that he has good vision and good technique.

ScandinavianJambo
23 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Much better shift. Possibly an upgrade on Grant.

I was thinking the same. Moves with purpose and pulled the team up the pitch....good link play...

ford donald
27 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

Much better shift. Possibly an upgrade on Grant.

Definitely.

I liked what he did when he came on tonight.  He linked the play well and always looked to play it forward.  Only going to get better

Good shift, good assist. Feel the midfield was better balanced with him, Tait and the Hoff 

Strangely, it appears that the more time he gets in the first team, the better he looks.  It's almost as if he's gradually getting back to match sharpness while getting used to our style of play and working out how he can best fit into that. 

Sarcasm aside, I thought he played well when he came on and I can see him continue to improve.  He's desperate to get a permanent move back to Scotland so he has every incentive to give 100% whenever he gets an opportunity.

Corstorphine Jambo

He likes a wee flick ‘round the corner’. His team mates perhaps not quite yet expecting that but I’m confident the more they play together the more effective he will be

Skacelsid

Thought he did well, worked hard, available to take a pass and fitted in well. Should be better to come. Well done Scott.

Benny Klack

This thread - 😶

Kickback is wild at times.

Fraser is a quality addition who will get better and better. Lovely assist for the last goal.

Delighted he’s here and hope we can keep him 👍

Not going to judge harshly  but usually you can see something quickly in a good player. 
He obviously is a good player but seen nothing so far but early days. 
I think Tait is going to be top drawer 

I like Grant. Hugely underrated in my opinion. Hoff, Grant and Fraser would be a very good midfield 3. 

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Wasn't keen on his boots. 🥸

Was it just the angle we were standing at or did they actually have flashing lights?

fabienleclerq
2 minutes ago, Alex said:

Was it just the angle we were standing at or did they actually have flashing lights?

Said that aswell, like kids trainers😂

been here before
2 minutes ago, Alex said:

I think it must have been the floodlights hitting them but I turned to my laddie at one point and said they reminded me of the trainers he had when he was wee that had flashing lights in the sides of the soles when he took a step.

Certainly eye catching.

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, Alex said:

I thought they were flashing but not really sure.