Scott Fraser

innerjambo

innerjambo

Ok, so all quiet on this one, nothing major, no indepth discussion so far. 

He's come on as sub, and played from the start. He's indicated the possibility of a permanent deal come summer. 

What are your thoughts so far...........

I think he's had limited impact on each game so far, as in, not a stand out. Showed a bit of eagerness and energy, without producing very much. He obviously needs a bit of time, to feel comfortable the way the team plays, and play to his strengths.  Hopefully that will come, but right now, I'm on the fence, need more, and for him to step it up.

Edited by innerjambo

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• innerjambo

• Pete Elliott

• been here before

• Des Lynam

Threedoorsdown

I think the major problem is anyone playing within about 15ft of Shankland looks mediocre. 😂

innerjambo
Just now, Threedoorsdown said:

I think the major problem is anyone playing within about 15ft of Shankland looks mediocre. 😂

Good  point...😆 

innerjambo
Just now, sjh1874 said:

How the hell can we judge this far?

We can't, I just wanted initial reaction. 

innerjambo
10 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Thought he was poor at Perth tbh 

Possibly trying too hard 

Hoping that's just rusty boots. He will need to redevelop, and integrate back into the Scottish game quickly. Let's hope he kicks on from here, and produces encouraging performances. 

innerjambo

Nothing really to hang our hat on so far.  But he's got a few months to show us what he's about. 

gregzy2k7

Too early to judge imo, Needs a run in the team over a few games imo, he looks quite energetic and wanting to make an impact though.

25 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

He's come on as sub, and played from the start. He's indicated the possibility of a permanent deal come summer. 

I think he's had limited impact on each game so far, as in, not a stand out. Showed a bit of eagerness and energy, without producing very much. He obviously needs a bit of time, to feel comfortable the way the team plays, and play to his strengths.  Hopefully that will come, but right now, I'm on the fence, need more, and for him to step it up.

:lol: :lol: :lol: 

25 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

We can't, I just wanted initial reaction. 

Okay ………. I like his hair and stubble combination 

Go for it 1308
42 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

I think he's been amazing.  The way he's ran onto the pitch at the start of the game has been sublime and and effortless.  Give it a rest ffs😂

Uncle Buck

He’s clearly not fully match fit so still getting up to speed. Final ball etc was maybe a wee bit off. But he’s very brave on the ball and always looking for it. I’m sure he’ll turn out to be a good player for us.

48 minutes ago, sjh1874 said:

We can't

However, Scott is a good player, and hopefully he shows what he's capable of in a Hearts jersey.

Diadora Van Basten

He looked like our first player to be subbed v St J.

Not as good as Grant in my opinion but happy to be proven wrong.

number-16

My only observation so far is that's he looks like he runs differently from most players, almost gliding?

Like a lot of players will run/sprint with just their toes/ball of their foot making contact with the ground. Fraser looks like his heels are on the ground more when he runs.

N Lincs Jambo

Definitely too early to judge. He seems to be making noises in the press about wanting to make this loan move into a permanent one. I have no idea about his contract situation with Charlton so with that aside he’s got 13 league games plus a cup run (fingers crossed 🤞) to impress the management enough to make him/ Charlton an offer. I hope he succeeds but if he doesn’t then we’ve not wasted any significant cash.

innerjambo
14 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Ask me in a months time, too early to tell.

You're right, was just after initial thoughts, if any. No big deal. I, like everyone else will be giving him a couple of months, for any serious judgment. Not made any big impression unlike Lembikisa so far.

Edited by innerjambo

Early days. Thought he had a good chance to get a shot away vs Saints and he tried the cut back. I think once he gets to know the players around him and there's a bit of understanding we will start to see more from him.

The last Utd fan I spoke to about him said "he will amaze you, but he will frustrate you" and basically went on to say he'd show flashes of brilliance and then the following week you forget he was playing.

1 hour ago, innerjambo said:

I recollect comments regarding Benni, Oda , Forrester, among others, people wanting to dump them after one game. If anything I think Naismith is a better judge of talent than any of us , so I think I will go with his judgement.

innerjambo
9 minutes ago, Tynie 3 said:

I recollect comments regarding Benni, Oda , Forrester, among others, people wanting to dump them after one game. If anything I think Naismith is a better judge of talent than any of us , so I think I will go with his judgement.

Maybe we shouldn't discuss new players at all. Your rules of course!!

sandylejambo

Grant has come on a bit lately, so with that and the young lads coming on? He does look confident, so when he gets match fit, we'll see.

innerjambo
2 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

Grant has come on a bit lately, so with that and the young lads coming on? He does look confident, so when he gets match fit, we'll see.

I would agree, needs a few more weeks to show us what he can do. But not a stand out, so far.

Des Lynam
Just now, innerjambo said:

Another superb contribution 👌 

Well deserved for your of an OP post.

Des Lynam
Just now, innerjambo said:

I would agree, needs a few more weeks to show us what he can do. But not a stand out, so far.

:cornette:

innerjambo
Just now, Des Lynam said:

Well deserved for your of an OP post.

No opinion either way from you, is probably best. Like I said, great contribution 👍 

innerjambo
1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

:cornette:

Lembisika was a stand out in his first game. Time for your bed, me thinks. 

Des Lynam
1 minute ago, innerjambo said:

No opinion either way from you, is probably best. Like I said, great contribution 👍 

He's been a sub and started one game but here you are criticising him. Tosser behaviour. 

innerjambo
4 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

He's been a sub and started one game but here you are criticising him. Tosser behaviour. 

Not critisicising him at all. Asking other people what they thought of his performance so far. All I said was, that he hasn't been a stand out, yet. Just asking other people's opinions. 

Edited by innerjambo

Go for it 1308
1 hour ago, number-16 said:

My only observation so far is that's he looks like he runs differently from most players, almost gliding?

Like a lot of players will run/sprint with just their toes/ball of their foot making contact with the ground. Fraser looks like his heels are on the ground more when he runs.

Jesus wept😂

Section Q
3 hours ago, innerjambo said:

Fraser oot............!

johnking123

As i have said. Don't think he is any different than grant.  Early days though

Edited by johnking123

innerjambo
1 hour ago, Carter said:

If he's signing permanently and Dhanda is coming in also, then Grant is away. 

If he isn't any good. Then Grant stays.

been here before
5 hours ago, innerjambo said:

Great contribution, and initial thoughts. 

Dont worry about him, he's the board rash, an utter obsessive on here 24/7 who just has to post something, anything on each and every thread. 

Currently averaging c1000 posts per month since joining tells its own tale.

CloustonHMFC
2 hours ago, innerjambo said:

If he doesn't impress, or improve our current squad, he won't be getting any deal. It's up to him now, to show us what he brings to the table.

Fu*k squad fillers!!

Every team in the world needs squad fillers.

Overall he’s shown glimpses of what he can do but he needs to bed in to the group and get up to match fitness. Anyone passing any kind of judgement already is a moron. All in my humble opinion of course. 

Nothing wrong with starting a thread about a new signing after his first start. 

in saying that, there’s not much to say about him. Struggled to get involved much but plenty effort are my initial thoughts. 

Impossible to judge thus far. 

Still still finding his feel in which is obviously a tight knit squad 

Armageddon
9 hours ago, sjh1874 said:

This is Kickback, where judgements are made from 15 second highlight reels from 2004.

This is a space for Hearts fans who never go to games to destroy everything.

This is a space for other clubs fans to destroy everything.

Scott Fraser can be fully judged 😂😂😂

Jambof3tornado

Did he not say he hadnt started a game since boxing day?? I'll give my opinion come easter time.

brawlad74

Very early days but no instant impact and well premature to be talking about permanent contract. Hope he's able to show us what he can do between now and end season. It's a position we need to strengthen. 

karipidis

Looked decent off the bench away to St Mirren, and then was pretty anonymous at McDiarmid but that was a horrible game in general. Shows some nice touches and clearly got good technique, just need to get his fitness up before he can be properly judged. Very sensible from Hearts to get him on loan.