Win Bonuses

Mad Bad and Dangerous

SectionDJambo
14 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

I mind in 1986 when we were on our amazing unbeating run, Wallace was moaning that it was costing us more on bonuses than we were taking in at the gate as they increased for each win/draw. Cant mind the details but even way back then it seemed a great motivator. 

If my memory serves me well, Wallace had the players on a bonus scheme whereby if they won 5 Premier League games in a row, they got £1,000 bonus each. I can't remember if it was pro rata on the number of games each player played during a winning run, or what happened if they made it more than 5 wins. 

A lot of money back then and no coincidence that it generally worked. I can't remember if he ever had to pay out, but I would imagine a couple of times.

15 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

Win bonuses to top up a basic salary is a great way to motivate players.

It's the way it should be.

Back in 1965 when we were top of the league the players were told there would be no win bonus for winning the league. The next day we lost 7-1 at home to Dundee. We lost the league by 0.4 of a goal to Killie.

Mad Bad and Dangerous
4 hours ago, CMc said:

Why does every frcking thread come down to folk arguing about who’s got the biggest calculator. 

🤣🤣🤣

Dallas Green

Game win bonuses doubling per game 

:notsure:

They will probably be on a set amount per game with an additional bonus if the make it to (x) number of game unbeaten / won.

been here before
41 minutes ago, Dallas Green said:

Game win bonuses doubling per game 

:notsure:

They will probably be on a set amount per game with an additional bonus if the make it to (x) number of game unbeaten / won.

Wow, honestly?

You mean it wont really be rice, baked tatties or doughnuts?

You heard it here first folks.

FarmerTweedy
21 hours ago, Mad Bad and Dangerous said:

An old Jambo pal in the pub last night was on about win bonuses at Hearts, and he reckons they get £500 per man for a win for first 2 wins, then after that it gets doubled every win,

So the players must be on a good few grand bonus now after our winning streak.

Doesn't sound too daft.....anyone got more reliable figures   ??

Sounds absolutely mental.  If that were true (which it obviously isn't), and even if it only applied to league games, they'd be on £8,000 per man to beat Motherwell next week, and then potentially £16,000 per man to beat sevco, then £64,000 per mann to beat celtic!  If it hadn't been for a shocking var decision against Ross County, we'd probably be on a 9 game winning run in the league right now and on £128,000 per man to beat Motherwell next week! 

Bazzas right boot
20 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Double to a certain point.

£500

£500

£1000

£2000

£4000

£8000

£16000

£32000

£64000

£128000

X all that by 18 or so

The 10th game in that winning streak would cost us £128k a man

The maths don't work tbh.

2 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Sounds absolutely mental.  If that were true (which it obviously isn't), and even if it only applied to league games, they'd be on £8,000 per man to beat Motherwell next week, and then potentially £16,000 per man to beat sevco, then £64,000 per mann to beat celtic!  If it hadn't been for a shocking var decision against Ross County, we'd probably be on a 9 game winning run in the league right now and on £128,000 per man to beat Motherwell next week! 

FarmerTweedy
20 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

The early years of Budge I remember she said our wage structure consisted of slightly lower wages than you would expect but much higher bonuses than normal. This meant they could stretch the wages out further and reward success that came with higher prize money.

Interestingly the rumour I heard about Shanklands contract was that he was being offered a wage increase, of course, but to sweeten the deal he was being offered up to £1million in bonuses over the course of the contract. 

No idea what unlocked those bonuses though.

I remember the opposite, the club said they were paying a higher basic wage and lower bonuses, as it was felt that having the security of a better guaranteed wage would make players feel more loyal to the club and also help them focus more on being better players as they'd have less on their minds in terms of any money worries, etc.  The talk was then that that idea went out of the window with the Levein regime, as it was felt to have potentially been one of the factors in our players often tending to look less motivated than the opposition in games. 

hughesie27
4 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I remember the opposite, the club said they were paying a higher basic wage and lower bonuses, as it was felt that having the security of a better guaranteed wage would make players feel more loyal to the club and also help them focus more on being better players as they'd have less on their minds in terms of any money worries, etc.  The talk was then that that idea went out of the window with the Levein regime, as it was felt to have potentially been one of the factors in our players often tending to look less motivated than the opposition in games. 

That actually makes more sense.

FarmerTweedy
5 hours ago, CMc said:

Why does every frcking thread come down to folk arguing about who’s got the biggest calculator. 

Small calculator owner type post IMO!

FarmerTweedy
4 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

That actually makes more sense.

Not often that's said about one of my posts!

Mad Bad and Dangerous
1 hour ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Aye sounds a bit outlandish when you see the figures pal....

FarmerTweedy
2 hours ago, Mad Bad and Dangerous said:

Aye sounds a bit outlandish when you see the figures pal....

Tbf, the vermin could have that bonus structure no problem!  😂

Phil D. Corners

When we’re winning we finish higher up the table and get more prize money. 

When we’re winning we have more paying fans attending. 

When we’re winning we potentially get European money. 

Im not worries about paying bonuses. 🤗

Jambo-Fox
5 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

This is what I recall …

Section Q
On 10/02/2024 at 04:42, Bazzas right boot said:

£500

£500

£1000

£2000

£4000

£8000

£16000

£32000

£64000

£128000

X all that by 18 or so

Well that's us skint again........!

Armageddon
On 09/02/2024 at 17:31, Mad Bad and Dangerous said:

An old Jambo pal in the pub last night was on about win bonuses at Hearts, and he reckons they get £500 per man for a win for first 2 wins, then after that it gets doubled every win,

So the players must be on a good few grand bonus now after our winning streak.

Doesn't sound too daft.....anyone got more reliable figures   ??

On 09/02/2024 at 18:42, Bazzas right boot said:

£500

£500

£1000

£2000

£4000

£8000

£16000

£32000

£64000

£128000

X all that by 18 or so

Blames “an old Jambo pal from the pub” 😂

Mentions how good a deal they must be on at the moment 😂

Doesn't think it sounds daft

BRB takes 30 seconds to provide the basic info as to how this is an utterly daft suggestion 👏🏼😂

Imagine Tagawa getting £128k for beating Motherwell who were just pumped by Morton!

This place man.