Win Bonuses

Mad Bad and Dangerous

Mad Bad and Dangerous

An old Jambo pal in the pub last night was on about win bonuses at Hearts, and he reckons they get £500 per man for a win for first 2 wins, then after that it gets doubled every win,

So the players must be on a good few grand bonus now after our winning streak.

Doesn't sound too daft.....anyone got more reliable figures   ??

3 minutes ago, Mad Bad and Dangerous said:

An old Jambo pal in the pub last night was on about win bonuses at Hearts, and he reckons they get £500 per man for a win for first 2 wins, then after that it gets doubled every win,

Hope it’s true. Speculate to accumulate, if it drives us towards 3rd and Europe it’s worth it.

been here before
36 minutes ago, Mad Bad and Dangerous said:

Nope none of us have. It wont stop the usual slavers speculating and passing their shite off as informed opinion bordering on fact.

Win bonuses to top up a basic salary is a great way to motivate players.

It's the way it should be.

Mad Bad and Dangerous
3 minutes ago, been here before said:

Nope none of us have. It wont stop the usual slavers speculating and passing their shite off as informed opinion bordering on fact.

Was only asking.....!!!!!

been here before

Jim McLean had the right idea all those years back at Dundee United. Pretty mundace basic but  great bonuses.

The 7 or 8 year contracts were less of a good thing though 😄

Niemi’s gloves
31 minutes ago, sac said:

Hope it’s true. Speculate to accumulate, if it drives us towards 3rd and Europe it’s worth it.

Er…. No I hope not! Did you ever hear the one about the man who invented chess. Asked the Chinese Emperor for one grain of rice for the first square on the board, 2 for the second, 4 for the third etc. The emperor said no problem but it turned out that by the 64th square it was equivalent to the whole of the country’s rice production. (Fortunately - for the emperor - he had a solution. He chopped the inventor’s head off)

been here before
1 minute ago, Mad Bad and Dangerous said:

Was only asking.....!!!!!

Nothing wrong with the question chief, more the wait for the 'authorities' on this sort of private club arrangement to come in with their... ehhh... expertise shall we say?

hughesie27

The early years of Budge I remember she said our wage structure consisted of slightly lower wages than you would expect but much higher bonuses than normal. This meant they could stretch the wages out further and reward success that came with higher prize money.

Interestingly the rumour I heard about Shanklands contract was that he was being offered a wage increase, of course, but to sweeten the deal he was being offered up to £1million in bonuses over the course of the contract. 

No idea what unlocked those bonuses though.

been here before
5 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Er…. No I hope not! Did you ever hear the one about the man who invented chess. Asked the Chinese Emperor for one grain of rice for the first square on the board, 2 for the second, 4 for the third etc. The emperor said no problem but it turned out that by the 64th square it was equivalent to the whole of the country’s rice production. (Fortunately - for the emperor - he had a solution. He chopped the inventor’s head off)

Its waaaay more than that. The 64th square would contain  9,223,372,036,854,775,808 grains of rice which it appears would weigh 1.4 trillion metric tons

The total weight of rice produced globally seems to be c787m tonnes anually.

Maybe we could pay bonuses in ricecakes.

tartofmidlothian
12 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

2 minutes ago, been here before said:

Its waaaay more than that. The 64th square would contain  9,223,372,036,854,775,808 grains of rice which it appears would weigh 1.4 trillion metric tons

That's a great fact. I thought I'd check it, I got to square 16 before the numbers got too high for my calculator to compute.

been here before
Just now, tartofmidlothian said:

That's a great fact. I thought I'd check it, I got to square 16 before the numbers got too high for my calculator to compute.

The numbers in the 2nd half of the board are mental.

Mad Bad and Dangerous
16 minutes ago, been here before said:

Nothing wrong with the question chief, more the wait for the 'authorities' on this sort of private club arrangement to come in with their... ehhh... expertise shall we say?

👍👍

Mad Bad and Dangerous
12 minutes ago, been here before said:

You must have a big calculator pal.  🤣🤣

24 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

I did. Where’s the axe, and make sure it’s a clean cut.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Mad Bad and Dangerous said:

Double to a certain point.

£500

£500

£1000

£2000

£4000

£8000

£16000

£32000

£64000

£128000

X all that by 18 or so

The 10th game in that winning streak would cost us £128k a man

The maths don't work tbh.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

17 minutes ago, been here before said:

Not overly keen on rice. Could you provide figures for noodles or even baked tattles  

11 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Not overly keen on rice. Could you provide figures for noodles or even baked tattles  

Baked tattie bonus :arry:

I’ll be keeping that in the back pocket for the April salary review 

If our school team won three games in a row the whole team got lunch from the chippy. Whatever supper you desired.

Carl Fredrickson

I mind in 1986 when we were on our amazing unbeating run, Wallace was moaning that it was costing us more on bonuses than we were taking in at the gate as they increased for each win/draw. Cant mind the details but even way back then it seemed a great motivator. 

53 minutes ago, been here before said:

Jim McLean had the right idea all those years back at Dundee United. Pretty mundace basic but  great bonuses.

The 7 or 8 year contracts were less of a good thing though 😄

Gave Chelsea some ideas though!! Some of the pish they've signed on 7/8 year deals is unbelievable. The Ukrainian winger most notably. 

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

I mind in 1986 when we were on our amazing unbeating run, Wallace was moaning that it was costing us more on bonuses than we were taking in at the gate as they increased for each win/draw. Cant mind the details but even way back then it seemed a great motivator. 

Think that's in bftb and he was being sarcastic,  might be Wrong, but it rings a bell tho.

Carl Fredrickson
11 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Think that's in bftb and he was being sarcastic,  might be Wrong, but it rings a bell tho.

You may be right but I seem to mind it being in an interview with a paper though knowing Wallace there was probably a bit of sarcasm in there. 

I’m pretty sure somebody told me that this was the topic of some salacious nonsense over on .net that had the mutants gripping their loins and wetting their pants. While I can believe that we have got generous bonuses for wins. Nothing would be in place that would upset the financial equilibrium at the club.  

1 hour ago, Mad Bad and Dangerous said:

Sounds like fantasy stuff - the club dont generate extra income with wins until the end of the season.

So if we're on a 10 game winning streak the players are on 5k a win bonus! That's some deal..

Or is it 500 for first win then doubled to 1000 and stays at 1000 until winning run ends? 

Either way if players are happy and keeps morale up that's great.

Hate to be a player who missed a last minute open goal to break the sequence tho....

Worthing Jambo
54 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Whit!!!!

Get with it, kebab pies or nothing😤

Not quite relevant but in Norman Whitesides first game for Man Utd his wage was £800 but the win bonus was £11k. He couldn't believe it.

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, zeke1874 said:

So if we're on a 10 game winning streak the players are on 5k a win bonus! That's some deal..

Or is it 500 for first win then doubled to 1000 and stays at 1000 until winning run ends? 

Either way if players are happy and keeps morale up that's great.

Hate to be a player who missed a last minute open goal to break the sequence tho....

If it doubles-

It's a £128k a win if it's a 10 game win bonus,  by game  13 it would be £1m a win.

Seymour M Hersh

If memory serves, Wallace Mercer had a rollover type of win bonus in the nearly season that had we won at Dundreich would have cost the club an absolute fortune.

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

£500

£500

£1000

£2000

£4000

£8000

£16000

£32000

£64000

£128000

X all that by 18 or so

I was thinking the same that it seems too much 

Could it possibly work if they just added 500 per game ?

been here before
26 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Heard 5 wins a row gets you a yaucht under this regime 

Where would you park this "yaucht"?

52 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Heard 5 wins a row gets you a yaucht under this regime 

Is that some kind of Scandinavian yogurt? Doesn't sound like a good deal to me.

pettigrewsstylist
2 hours ago, Dia Liom said:

If our school team won three games in a row the whole team got lunch from the chippy. Whatever supper you desired.

This is what is wrong with modern game. "Get up those dunes. First to top can have a fag break"

Sorted.

3 hours ago, BigAlim said:

Baked tattie bonus :arry:

I’ll be keeping that in the back pocket for the April salary review 

😂

4 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

£500

£500

£1000

£2000

£4000

£8000

£16000

£32000

£64000

£128000

X all that by 18 or so

Yeah, I don't see our board signing off on something they can't predict like that. 

I can imagine the bonuses stacking up a fair bit, but nothing that is going to be causing the board to sweat :D 

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, jambocub said:

I was thinking the same that it seems too much 

Could it possibly work if they just added 500 per game ?

Yeah and capped out at maybe £2/£3k

JimmyCant
7 hours ago, Mad Bad and Dangerous said:

So they receive £8k per man for beating St Johnstone. Having just got £4K per man for beating Dundee and they’re on for £16k a man to beat Airdrie

Aye, doesn’t sound daft in the least.

As part of the already established baked tattie bonus how does the tier system work?

1 goal = bean and cheese

2 goal = tuna 

what could a hattrick offer :wow:

Special Agent Dale Cooper
3 hours ago, BigAlim said:

As part of the already established baked tattie bonus how does the tier system work?

1 goal = bean and cheese

2 goal = tuna 

Chilli and soured cream I'd think.

Bindy Badgy
13 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

The impact of small increases multiplied numerous times is why COVID was a big deal. Flu's R is around 1.5 whereas COVID's was around 3. It doesn't sound like a big deal but, by the time you get to the tenth level COVID has infected over 19,000 more people.

Midloth_Iain
14 hours ago, Mad Bad and Dangerous said:

So we should be more worried about our finances than Hibs then .....

Must be forking out a small fortune 😊

A_A wehatethehibs
13 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

£500

£500

£1000

£2000

£4000

£8000

£16000

£32000

£64000

£128000

X all that by 18 or so

After 5 W’s you pay out the £4k then it resets. That would make sense.

14 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

After 5 W’s you pay out the £4k then it resets. That would make sense.

There is no way we are paying those kind of bonuses per man per game. 

14 hours ago, Mad Bad and Dangerous said:

You must have a big calculator pal.  🤣🤣

Why does every frcking thread come down to folk arguing about who’s got the biggest calculator. 

7 hours ago, BigAlim said:

1 goal = bean and cheese

2 goal = tuna 

3 hours ago, Special Agent Dale Cooper said:

Chilli and soured cream I'd think.

45 minutes ago, Dazo said:

There is no way we are paying those kind of bonuses per man per game. 

Probably true. The man hours in doing both the chilli and the baked tatie properly would be extortionate on that sort of scale.