The worst goal Hearts have scored

rudi must stay

On a more serious note now - there is no such thing as a ‘Hearts worst goal’.

Every Hearts goal is a goal to be cherished.  ❤️

2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

What a strange thread! 🥴

That’s for sure, Thom.  👍

Samuel Camazzola
1 minute ago, Morgan said:

On a more serious note now - there is no such thing as a ‘Hearts worst goal’.

Every Hearts goal is a goal to be cherished.  ❤️

Only if it's into our own net. 

2 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Only if it's into our own net. 

:sadrobbo:

Us Arch Nemesis types need to stick together, Sam.  👍

1 hour ago, Bunny Munro said:

Sam Nicholson's first goal for us, complete scrap, the shot was slaffed and almost went wide, and two players got sent off for scrapping in the net. 

That's a good one 😁  The aftermath was as weird as the goal.

Isma Goncalves in a 3-1 loss at Easter Road. A game I’m convinced most still think ended 3-0. A dreadful goal on one of the rare miserable evenings in Leith. 

1 hour ago, Musemic said:

I was at that game. It was in December 68 (thanks wiki) and did, indeed, finish 1-0. I would still have been getting 'lifted over' then as I was just a whippersnapper. 55 years ago, gulp!!!!

I was only 11 at the time but always had to pay to get in I think but I always remembered that goal and how cold it was standing under the shed.

3 hours ago, JTJ said:

I spoke to Alan about that. He turned round 40 yards out and the ball was almost at his head so instinctively he headed it. It went bounce bounce trickle trickle towards goal. Bobby Reid, the Rovers goalie, slipped kicking the ball (pitch was icebound and "barely" playable) and kept slipping trying to get to his feet. The ball rolled slowly into the net. 1-0 was the final score,

I remember it as him standing on or just outside the 18yd line but he would know better than me and it was a long time ago! Very unusual goal anyway, can’t remember ever seeing one like it.

3 hours ago, JJ93 said:

That is comical!! Wonder if it was recorded. 

Don’t think so, another poster has told me it was December 68 and not on TV so no chance. Never seen another goal like that since then of course and it was very welcome that night as we weren’t looking like scoring if I remember correctly.

3 hours ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

I’d love to see that

The match wasn’t on TV and no phone cameras back then so unlikely I would think. A very unusual way to win a game but we were happy to take any breaks going back then!

3 hours ago, SM8 said:

Was the Zal winner in 2012 Cup Replay vs St Johnstone not a massive scramble? After being rescued by a pen in the 90th!!

It was an absolute scramble, it even came off the bar, but at the far end of the pitch so you couldn't see what the **** was going on! All I remember is seeing Gowser ****ing off in a totally different direction doing his mad kangaroo celebration :lol:

We equalised that tie with a last minute penalty as well. It was nerve shredding! 

I also missed my train back to Dundee, and had to get the last bus that stopped at every village, hamlet, and individual house on the way back.  I was steaming and absolutely bursting for a pish, couldn't hold it any longer and jumped off at Invergowrie, and spent about 2 hours walking home. 

Worth it :jj:

3 hours ago, 2205ian said:

I too remember it well as I had a visit to RIE to get a plaster cast on a cracked wrist. I had been Playing in goals during first 2 periods on the Friday morning & sustained the injury saving a shot. At least it got my out of goals for the rest of the game.

A visit to doctor’s surgery on the Saturday morning with an immediate referral of A&E, but no chance of missing the game at Tynecastle in the afternoon. Bobby Reid was the Rovers keeper & Alan Gordon scored his header from 20/25/30/35/40** yards (Take your pick), but it was a goal never to forget.

Pity AG did not score with a header from 6 yards in the infamous 0 - 2 defeat of Killie 2/3 seasons earlier😡

Was a shot  sort of

Bunny Munro
4 hours ago, RDSK said:

Isma Goncalves in a 3-1 loss at Easter Road. A game I’m convinced most still think ended 3-0. A dreadful goal on one of the rare miserable evenings in Leith. 

Great shout. A penalty that was saved twice and still ended up being scored 🤣

Edited by Bunny Munro

Heres Rixxy
8 hours ago, Tazio said:

I remember a Jim Hamilton goal against Ayr when they had that goalie that wore a woolie hat which was like a comedy of errors as they both hacked away at it. And then both looked utterly baffled that it ended up in the net.

2:38 - hilariously bad by the goalie. Zibby levels.

Edited by Heres Rixxy

Samuel Camazzola
7 hours ago, Morgan said:

:sadrobbo:

Us Arch Nemesis types need to stick together, Sam.  👍

😄

I remember we won a Derby im guessing 20 years ago with two own goals.

The one from the corner where one hibs player swung and missed the cross in and then the next fired it off once of his teamates and back into the net.

I P Knightley
14 hours ago, Sooks said:

I am not sure I understand the criteria 

You probably need to sit in an armchair by the fire smoking a pipe and sipping a single malt to ponder the Schrodinger-level paradox of the theme. 

Fundamentally, no goal for Hearts is bad but if some of them are scored badly, are they both good and bad?

That one at Raith sounds as though it wasn't off the training ground so may fit the bill. 

The Goalscoring Knee

Can I nominate Paddy Byrne's sclaffed finish here? (starts at 1.14). Always bugged me that it was such a crappy way to round off a really sweet bit of football. At least he had the good grace to look a bit embarrassed about it at the end 😀

avhudtheteeshirt
16 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

Did the ball not hit Bobby Prentice on the arse from a cross in a game at Tynie if I remember correctly four goals were scored in the first ten minutes 2-2 possibly against the sheep 🐑 

I'm sure it was the first 5 minutes, I was in the old enclosure for that game?

Thought Police

Aesthetically I dislike Rudi's first goal at Tynecastle in the Derby. A total mess and I'm sure someone (Bednar?) was offside.

Still scenes though.

48 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

Aesthetically I dislike Rudi's first goal at Tynecastle in the Derby. A total mess and I'm sure someone (Bednar?) was offside.

Still scenes though.

His first goal on his return wasn’t pretty, but what a moment it was

Robbo-Jambo
14 hours ago, SM8 said:

A +1 for the Donaldo Cowie flick against Hibs in the Scottish Cup that backspinned over the line before McGinn could boot it away. I thought for a good five seconds ref had given a foul instead of the goal!

Was the Zal winner in 2012 Cup Replay vs St Johnstone not a massive scramble? After being rescued by a pen in the 90th!!

It was yeah.

Think Jamie Hamill scored a penalty in the last minute after Suso was brought down.

Shooter McGavin

Surely people are being deliberately obtuse here? 😂

OP’s clearly meaning flukiest, least skill-full, scrappiest goal.

And on that merit, Sam Nicholsons goal against St Johnstone is up there, really scrappy goal followed by the goalie launching Ryan Stevenson into the net, before Stevo got up and throttled him :rofl:

Think both got sent off.

Edited by Shooter McGavin

Tommy Brown
18 hours ago, been here before said:

Another slow, depressing night in Hamilton.

Surely no....is it?

:lol:

HopeDiouf

Boyce v Aberdeen was about as scrappy as it gets.  A tackle, a deflection and a rebound bundled in.

Gundermann
10 hours ago, Heres Rixxy said:

2:38 - hilariously bad by the goalie. Zibby levels.

Superb. Makalamity level.

been here before
2 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Surely no....is it?

:lol:

Keep an eye on and make a call... some striking similarities.

Tommy Brown
16 minutes ago, been here before said:

Keep an eye on and make a call... some striking similarities.

I had never really noticed it, but did now you suggested.

Only one thing, he wasn't really a thread starter though.

The White Cockade

obviously no such thing as a bad Hearts goal 

but

I remember Andy Watson who was never popular anyway scoring at the school end when a clearance hit him and trickled in

might have been his only goal for us?

On 08/02/2024 at 18:49, rudi must stay said:

Hearts V Rangers. Zaliukas to make it 1-0

Had a tenner on at 38/1

Amazin goal

Who’s the most Hibs guys we’ve ever had? Whoever it is I would like to see him crowned as our worse *****