The worst goal Hearts have scored

rudi must stay

I've never seen a "worst" in the 49 years I've been going to Tynecastle.

Fxxx the SPFL

Did the ball not hit Bobby Prentice on the arse from a cross in a game at Tynie if I remember correctly four goals were scored in the first ten minutes 2-2 possibly against the sheep 🐑 

Maybe the one Don Cowie got at the end of that derby. Or Cammy's winner against RBK. Both great, awful goals.

Anyone else remember Alan Gordon’s goal v Raith Rovers one snowy night at Tynie around 1970?

He was standing on the 18yd line when the Raith goalie slipped in the snow taking a bye kick. The ball hit 

Alan on the head and bounced into the net with the goalie still flat on his back. I’m sure it was the only goal of 

the game.

5 minutes ago, Dsjambo said:

Anyone else remember Alan Gordon’s goal v Raith Rovers one snowy night at Tynie around 1970?

He was standing on the 18yd line when the Raith goalie slipped in the snow taking a bye kick. The ball hit 

Alan on the head and bounced into the net with the goalie still flat on his back. I’m sure it was the only goal of 

the game.

That is comical!! Wonder if it was recorded. 

Toxteth O'Grady
7 minutes ago, Dsjambo said:

the game.

I’d love to see that

9 minutes ago, Dsjambo said:

the game.

I spoke to Alan about that. He turned round 40 yards out and the ball was almost at his head so instinctively he headed it. It went bounce bounce trickle trickle towards goal. Bobby Reid, the Rovers goalie, slipped kicking the ball (pitch was icebound and "barely" playable) and kept slipping trying to get to his feet. The ball rolled slowly into the net. 1-0 was the final score,

29 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Sandy Clark’s toe poke when his boot had come off 

Doesn't count. He was through on goal and would have scored regardless. And that was a fantastic pumping of rangers that afternoon. 

Fxxx the SPFL
1 minute ago, Marvin said:

Doesn't count. He was through on goal and would have scored regardless. And that was a fantastic pumping of rangers that afternoon. 

Certainly was a fantastic pumping of The Rangers 

TorinoJambo
44 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Did the ball not hit Bobby Prentice on the arse from a cross in a game at Tynie if I remember correctly four goals were scored in the first ten minutes 2-2 possibly against the sheep 🐑 

I remember that. Around 1971 or 2.

Alex MacDonald
12 minutes ago, TorinoJambo said:

I remember that. Around 1971 or 2.

1975/76, possibly League Cup section game against Aberdeen, 2-2 after 8 minutes and that was the final score.

I remember a Jim Hamilton goal against Ayr when they had that goalie that wore a woolie hat which was like a comedy of errors as they both hacked away at it. And then both looked utterly baffled that it ended up in the net.

John Findlay
1 hour ago, **** the SPFL said:

Think it was September 75.

There was a Nade header at the School End which was fumbled by the flumps’ latest comedy goalkeeper (Makalamity?) and just crossed the line. It was not a thing of beauty.

And yet a thing of great beauty.

1 hour ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

FFS... :facepalm:

Exactly.

I realise that you and I are risking ‘arch nemesis’ slander here, but what the Hell?  🤷🏿‍♂️

Bunny Munro

Sam Nicholson's first goal for us, complete scrap, the shot was slaffed and almost went wide, and two players got sent off for scrapping in the net. 

Bunny Munro
1 minute ago, leginten said:

There was a Nade header at the School End which was fumbled by the flumps’ latest comedy goalkeeper (Makalamity?) and just crossed the line. It was not a thing of beauty.

And yet a thing of great beauty.

Think that was Velicka?

Edited by Bunny Munro

4 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

Think that was Velicka?

Ah now. You could be right. My memory.

Edit: you’re definitely right!

Edited by leginten

rudi must stay
7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I am not sure I understand the criteria 

Terrible goals

9 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Terrible goals

Like in the way they went in ? Or the consequences or something 

the posh bit

We beat Aberdeen 4-1 at home around 2007/8. Nade scored the first, tapping in an astonishing attack led by 4 Aberdeen defenders. It was keystone cops stuff. 

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, been here before said:

Another slow, depressing night in Hamilton.

Is it? I wouldn't know I'm not from there 

rudi must stay
4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Like in the way they went in ? Or the consequences or something 

Goals that lack any ability 

1 hour ago, Dsjambo said:

the game.

I was at that game. It was in December 68 (thanks wiki) and did, indeed, finish 1-0. I would still have been getting 'lifted over' then as I was just a whippersnapper. 55 years ago, gulp!!!!

been here before
16 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Who said you were?

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, been here before said:

Who said you were?

You. For the past few months 

2 hours ago, BigAlim said:

Did Danny Swanson ever score? If so then I pick that one

😂😂😂😂like your thinking 

The Treasurer

I don't give a shit how the ball ends up in the net. There is no such thing as a bad Hearts goal 

Mr Kipling

Hans Eskilson's first goal for Hearts was ridiculous... but still a goal for Hearts. 

been here before
15 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

You. For the past few months 

I've not said you're from Hamilton I've simply pointed the remarkable similarity of the mundane, trolling attention seeking asinine pish that he used to post that mysteriously stopped when yours started.

rudi must stay
Just now, been here before said:

I've not said you're from Hamilton I've simply pointed the remarkable similarity of the mundane, trolling attention seeking asinine pish that he used to post that mysteriously stopped when yours started.

Well it's not me. If he liked to have a laugh I can understand why he left 

Edited by rudi must stay

51 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Goals that lack any ability 

In that case the Witteveen sclaff mentioned above 

1 hour ago, Alex MacDonald said:

1975/76, possibly League Cup section game against Aberdeen, 2-2 after 8 minutes and that was the final score.

And we missed a penalty as well, all in the first few minutes.

Neil McFarlane bundling it in against Partick. I think it was his only goal for us, so he probably remembers it more fondly than me.

1 hour ago, rudi must stay said:

I don’t think he suggested that you were, tbh.

I read it as he was merely pointing out that there are a lot of slow and depressing nights in Hamilton.

Why do you think it was aimed at yourself?

27 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Well it's not me. If he liked to have a laugh I can understand why he left 

How do you know that he left?

A +1 for the Donaldo Cowie flick against Hibs in the Scottish Cup that backspinned over the line before McGinn could boot it away. I thought for a good five seconds ref had given a foul instead of the goal!

Was the Zal winner in 2012 Cup Replay vs St Johnstone not a massive scramble? After being rescued by a pen in the 90th!!

52 minutes ago, Musemic said:

I was at that game. It was in December 68 (thanks wiki) and did, indeed, finish 1-0. I would still have been getting 'lifted over' then as I was just a whippersnapper. 55 years ago, gulp!!!!

I too remember it well as I had a visit to RIE to get a plaster cast on a cracked wrist. I had been Playing in goals during first 2 periods on the Friday morning & sustained the injury saving a shot. At least it got my out of goals for the rest of the game.

A visit to doctor’s surgery on the Saturday morning with an immediate referral of A&E, but no chance of missing the game at Tynecastle in the afternoon. Bobby Reid was the Rovers keeper & Alan Gordon scored his header from 20/25/30/35/40** yards (Take your pick), but it was a goal never to forget.

Pity AG did not score with a header from 6 yards in the infamous 0 - 2 defeat of Killie 2/3 seasons earlier😡

gnasher75

Hard to think of worst goals. Clearly not the worst but Rudi's goal against Rangers on his second debut was bizarre. He seemed to completely miss the ball with his first effort before smashing it home.