Hibs crowd

Mad Bad and Dangerous

wattie exploited
4 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

That was the number of empty seats. 

😁🤣

6 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Celebrating a defeat against a dug meat Celtic side 🤣🤣

I fancy us to take them at Tynecastle - Celtic that is (hibs is a given)

Celtic will be in Old Firm mode when they play us. Celtic at ER is always played at a snail pace.

Better call Saul

This has nothing to do with the crowd but there is now a thread on monty must stay 

AFTER ONE GAME ffs 

Creaming themselves after playing against a poor celtic side 

The 4,000 tickets they give away to schools (and include in the attendance figures whether they are used or not) seem to be going straight into the Headmaster's bin.

They should use them as a threat for bad behaviour - FAR worse a punishment than detention.

John Findlay
3 hours ago, Better call Saul said:

This has nothing to do with the crowd but there is now a thread on monty must stay 

AFTER ONE GAME ffs 

Creaming themselves after playing against a poor celtic side 

If Inverness, for me it's not a big if, knock them out the Scottish Cup, then the Monty must stay thread will disappear into the cyber either.

14 hours ago, Le Chat said:

The 4,000 tickets they give away to schools (and include in the attendance figures whether they are used or not) seem to be going straight into the Headmaster's bin.

They should use them as a threat for bad behaviour - FAR worse a punishment than detention.

Imagine your kid coming home from school with free tickets to watch the Hibees :sick:

FerryJambo81

Abysmal for an OF game...

That said, reported numbers are weird as all clubs seem to do tickets sold. We apparently had 18k against Dundee when storm whatever on...no danger.

I always thought (seems wrongly) there were 'clickers' on turnstile and reason attendance announced later was time it took fur someone to find a calculator. 

Should for all be reported on people through turnstiles, that in turn should be used by clubs to try make changes at these games. Be it announcing random HT visitor (I'd walk through a blizzard of glass to see Hartley and Skacel on that turf 😂) or curveball to encourage at those games easily patched.

Their attendance was pish but actually think it's something that should be addressed by all clubs. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by FerryJambo81

Maybe they take season ticket numbers and count them again when they go through turnstiles 🙂

On 07/02/2024 at 22:50, pettigrewsstylist said:

Truly, truly abysmal.

This is with them hooring out the full away end to their wee buddies along the M8 as well. 

I P Knightley
12 hours ago, Gershwin said:

Imagine your kid coming home from school with free tickets to watch the Hibees :sick:

When I was a school, we got given the belt and people decided that that was a cruel way to punish a kid. 

Who's going to speak up for the kids being given Hibs' tickets? 

12 hours ago, FerryJambo81 said:

I always thought (seems wrongly) there were 'clickers' on turnstile and reason attendance announced later was time it took fur someone to find a calculator. 

I would hope, with my snowflake Health and Safety hat on, that turnstile clickers logged in the actual number of folk through the gates so that, in the event of something going badly wrong, the rescue services would have an idea of what they were looking for. 

38 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

When I was a school, we got given the belt and people decided that that was a cruel way to punish a kid. 

I would hope, with my snowflake Health and Safety hat on, that turnstile clickers logged in the actual number of folk through the gates so that, in the event of something going badly wrong, the rescue services would have an idea of what they were looking for. 

exactly - From the insurers side - if there was a fire (God Forbid) the insurers would look at the official attendance of 18,303 and the number of folk that got out safely - then expect about 5,000 claims from relatives who's family members never made it out.  Nmberat  football match should b bums on seats.....after all it says "attendance" NOT "tickets sold" (or on Wednesday night "tickets sold/pigeons/worms/employees/security/ghosts of past fans etc)

leipzig76
On 07/02/2024 at 23:13, Thought Police said:

Weird comment.

Mmm he's made only 60 posts....You don't think he's an invader do you ?

FerryJambo81
12 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

😂 I admire the acceptance of snowflake attitude. Damn you abd your health and safety mob. Damn you all for ruining everything 😂

I'm sure you're OK really...

Joking aside, valid points. Just seems attendance should be bums on seats, can release both if they want. Clearly a league wide PR thing.  That's in my old man viewpoint of course...

While off piste in football sense, the world would be a better place if corporal punishment made a return, not the forum admittedly 😂

Edited by FerryJambo81

ColinSmith1255
16 minutes ago, FerryJambo81 said:

😂 I admire the acceptance of snowflake attitude. Damn you abd your health and safety mob. Damn you all for ruining everything 😂

Joking aside, valid points. Just seems attendance should be bums on seats, can release both if they want. Clearly a league wide PR thing.  That's in my old man viewpoint of course...

While off piste in football sense, the world would be a better place if corporal punishment made a return, not the forum admittedly 😂

and drowning witches and badger bating.

Doctor FinnBarr
30 minutes ago, FerryJambo81 said:

As an older gentleman thats my view as well.

Anyone of the older generation know why attendances were given in match reports in the Sunday papers but for SC games attendances and gate receipts were given?

scott herbertson
On 07/02/2024 at 22:21, N Lincs Jambo said:

18,303 according to BBC Sport

16,600 at the St Mirren game on wednesday was even worse - lucky if there was 10,000 there

image.thumb.png.a818aad8da08d76e095e2847da7749d3.png

Doctor FinnBarr
1 minute ago, scott herbertson said:

16,600 at the St Mirren game on Saturday was even worse - lucky if there was 10,000 there

Fixed that for you Scott.

scott herbertson
4 minutes ago, Doctor FinnBarr said:

Fixed that for you Scott.

thanks - some belgian beer is my excuse!

Doctor FinnBarr
1 minute ago, scott herbertson said:

thanks - some belgian beer is my excuse!

Oh, whit sort and please don't say Stella?

Jack Torrance

Where's our resident dot counter? They could do a great public service by counting that lot's actual sales each game and help prevent them from fraudulently duping some old codgers with their investment scams.

Edited by Jack Torrance

Clerry Jambo
8 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

16,600 at the St Mirren game on wednesday was even worse - lucky if there was 10,000 there

Beat me to it Scott. 

I know we do it as well but it must be concerning the amount of “fans” that can’t be arsed 

On 08/02/2024 at 05:21, DG_HMFC said:

Celtic will be in Old Firm mode when they play us. Celtic at ER is always played at a snail pace.

I always think they are fully focused when they play us. Didn't help them when we cuffed them at Parkhead in our last meeting though.

Gundermann

I take issue with the thread title. Hibs Crowd doesn't make sense.

Mods, please!

:what:

10 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

To be fair to them - and I’ve actually no idea why I want to be - the lower rows of that East Stand are almost always sparsely populated, even for big games. No wonder. It must be positively Siberian near the pitch in that dreadful barn of a stadium with the wind tearing through the massive gaps between the stands. It’s usually a bit fuller further up.

What is more worrying for them is the lack of fans in the Famous Five (maybe 30% occupied nowadays) and the Dunbar End, completely empty for most games apart from a few hundred away fans.

The only part of the ground with decent occupancy is the West Stand.

On 08/02/2024 at 22:29, FerryJambo81 said:

Abysmal for an OF game...

That said, reported numbers are weird as all clubs seem to do tickets sold. We apparently had 18k against Dundee when storm whatever on...no danger.

Should for all be reported on people through turnstiles, that in turn should be used by clubs to try make changes at these games. Be it announcing random HT visitor (I'd walk through a blizzard of glass to see Hartley and Skacel on that turf 😂) or curveball to encourage at those games easily patched.

Their attendance was pish but actually think it's something that should be addressed by all clubs. 🤷‍♂️

Or how about posting (announcing) BOTH figures?

That would make for interesting reading.

27 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

I take issue with the thread title. Hibs Crowd doesn't make sense.

Mods, please!

:what:

How about:

h1b5 cowed

(into admitting they are living in a fantasy world)

scott herbertson
10 hours ago, Doctor FinnBarr said:

Oh, whit sort and please don't say Stella?

Leffe brun

Cheap and heavy on the alcohol....

pettigrewsstylist
On 08/02/2024 at 07:22, The Natural Order said:

I8,000? I don't think so.

84dd3df3-2467-4e31-b4e0-0bc1b7c8028d.jpeg.6f3d255247772771bc9ad2f407cee608.jpg

Next level 👏👏

Brick Tamland
On 07/02/2024 at 22:59, Kiss my badge said:

Sorry, but viewing from a far the crowd at Tynecastle 2 weeks ago against Dundee look almost but not quite as bad. Way to many empty seats for a club that has thousands on the season ticket waiting list.

:interehjrling:

King Of The Cat Cafe

To be fair (and I hate typing those words) counting empty ST seats into the attendance at any ground is a crock of sh!t.

Doctor FinnBarr
4 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

Leffe brun

Cheap and heavy on the alcohol....

You should try Gulden Draak at 10.5%

scott herbertson
3 hours ago, Doctor FinnBarr said:

You should try Gulden Draak at 10.5%

Not a good idea!

I've done the stronger trappist beers quite a few times, lovely but I am not good at pressing the 'stop' button

queensferryjambo

I honestly don't blame Hibs fans for staying away as Hibs are utter shite. 

They are the most fair weather fans in Scotland.