King Charles Diagnosed With Cancer

been here before

The Mighty Thor

I feel for the Mail & Express hacks trying to draw together a 16 page pullout before print deadline. 

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Let the trolling commence. 

No trolling. Wouldn't wish cancer on anyone. Not sure we need special news programmes just yet though.

henrysmithsgloves

It doesn't discriminate,at least he can afford the best care,many can't. It's a b*stard of a disease.

Mikey1874

Whatever cancer it is, will help those who get it. More fundraising, people going for checks.

Very public spirited.

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

No trolling. Wouldn't wish cancer on anyone. 

Definitely wouldn’t 

6 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

No trolling. Wouldn't wish cancer on anyone. Not sure we need special news programmes just yet though.

100% but any royal story gets a few who can’t resist going for extreme views, at both poles. 

highlandjambo3
4 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Not sure we need special news programmes just yet though.

It’s happening…..it’s a tidal wave that’s as guaranteed as Saturday is after Friday…..

speculation after speculation…….a squilion camera teams swarming to the palace as we speak, all the TOP buffoons mind Key Burley etc…..not the minions.

15 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Let the trolling commence. 

I would hope not. That would be hideous.

Tommy Brown

Reporter outside the Palace saying people are now turning up at the gates.

These people are mentally ill.

rudi must stay
17 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Best wishes to him.

Yes best wishes to him 

Dawnrazor

I'm sure lots of have had family and loved ones suffer from his hideous disease, my thoughts and sympathy is with him and his family, it's a terrible time for them all.

Nucky Thompson
19 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I feel for the Mail & Express hacks trying to draw together a 16 page pullout before print deadline. 

That's pretty low.

Using cancer to score political points 

iantjambo

Whether you’re for or against the monarchy, Cancer is a disgusting disease.

I wish him nothing but the best and hope he beats it.

Mikey1874
Just now, Tommy Brown said:

BBC (with a lot of other big news stories going on just now) covered it as breaking news on 6pm bulletin.

Until 6.30 'a few other stories'. There will be hour long special programmes all over tv. 

It's probably going by the reports relatively minor and hopefully successfully treated. 

been here before
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

BBC (with a lot of other big news stories going on just now) covered it as breaking news on 6pm bulletin.

Until 6.30 'a few other stories'. There will be hour long special programmes all over tv. 

It's probably going by the reports relatively minor and hopefully successfully treated. 

Post a link to something, you know you want to.

Tommy Brown
4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

On ITV, no other story.

Move on. FFS

Edit

It's like a dress rehearsal for big event

Edited by Tommy Brown

Francis Albert

Over 25 minutes of BBC news and no sign of an end. The news content lasted a couple of minutes at most. After one minute of "other news" we are back to the scene outside the palace.

Mikey1874
1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

Over 25 minutes of BBC news and no sign of an end. The news content lasted a couple of minutes at most. After one minute of "other news" we are back to the scene outside the palace.

It's their happy place. The rest of the news is mostly inconvenient. 

highlandjambo3

See if they’ve cancelled Emmerdale I’ll go tonto 🤬.  

Seriously wish him all the best and, I hope they’ve caught this early but, we don’t need it on 25 Channels at the same time 😳

That thing you do
9 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

This.

I will say this though, every Rangers fan wants William on the throne so they have a King Billy.

Hopefully not for a long time. Never been a fan of the monarchy but cancer is a terrible disease and I'm not wishing it on anyone.

New Town Loafer

Horrific disease. Wish him all the best.

Anybody taking any sort of pleasure from the news is an absolute cretin.

Thunder and Lightning

Horrible disease. 

If people have nothing decent to say don't post it. 

Anyone acting the ***** should be banned from the site. 

ToadKiller Dog

Shame for him and his family ,hope he recovers .

Bbc will have all the lickspittles out filling out airtime with nonsense but that's the bbc does  and having a monarchy means .

It's a business after all. 

Edited by ToadKiller Dog

Pasquale for King
35 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

They couldn’t show anyone, there certainly wasn’t anybody behind the ITV correspondent. 

Tommy Brown
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

They couldn’t show anyone, there certainly wasn’t anybody behind the ITV correspondent. 

Aye, but fine you know, eejits will be laying flowers at the gates probably already.

Rupert Pupkin

Horrible disease, wouldn’t wish it on anyone, huge strides been made in treating it now though,so hopefully he makes a recovery..

Not sure about the blanket news coverage though, it’s just annoying.

highlandjambo3

Ok, so the news is now regurgitating the same stuff they showed earlier on in the program.  Probably filling in time whilst they get their next punter wheeled in.

A very terrifying disease regardless of creed colour or religion, no one is exempt be it family, friend's or yourself. 

The NHS have been thankfully since the King was in hospital as it has played on people’s minds who have in turn gone for a check up as they’ve thought something was wrong. 

Personally speaking i had Thyroid Cancer which took just over 1 1/2 before it could be removed due to complications with my heart & COPD, it was the longest most horrible wait Ive ever endured, thankfully it’s removed and all clear , the fun part is I have a 4 cut along my throat and get some funny looks I sometimes wind people up and tell them I’m a mad raj and someone cut it…… (dark humour I know)

My thoughts are with anyone going through any kind of medical issues, we are all human and deal with things differently god bless 

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

Cancer doesn't discriminate whatsoever.

Exactly. It wouldn't surprise me if the auld Queen had it in the later stages of her life, but it just wasn't publicised.

Nucky Thompson
2 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Given his age, I’m still surprised Charles didn’t just skip the kingship and hand over directly to his son. 

He waited that long for it, there's no way he was going to let it go straight to Billy :D

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Aye, but fine you know, eejits will be laying flowers at the gates probably already.

Of course, the newsreader’s voice was cracking up. Give him a chance to beat this ffs. 

1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

46 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Horrible disease. 

If people have nothing decent to say don't post it. 

Anyone acting the ***** should be banned from the site. 

:clap: 

Well said, you two.

Maple Leaf

As heir to the throne for most of his life, I expect that he's been getting very good health care.  If so, they've likely detected the disease at an early stage.

I would think that his chances of survival will be very high.

JudyJudyJudy
30 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Exactly. It wouldn't surprise me if the auld Queen had it in the later stages of her life, but it just wasn't publicised.

Yes i wondered that too. Think there have been a few royals who have died of it. It can be in the genes. Whatever i wish him a full recovery as i would wish anyone with this horrible disease.

I have no love for the Royal family however, I hope he makes a full recovery. Cancer is a horrible disease and I would not wish it on anyone.

Cancer is a horrible condition and several people I know have expired from it.

1,000 other people in the UK will have gotten the same diagnosis at the King today, 1,000 more will get the bad news tomorrow, and 1,000 more will be diagnosed with cancer every day after that.

As a public figure, the King having had the diagnosis may prompt more people to come forward with telling symptoms and get themselves checked. 

And that can only be a good thing. The earlier you are diagnosed, the more likely you are to have a positive outcome.

Or it may prompt more people to donate to cancer research charities so we can work towards curing more people or even prevent or eliminate it entirely.

And that can also only be a good thing.

Yes, we can argue that if Charlie and his family paid taxes on their billions then the NHS would be able to treat more people, but that's for another time.

As a human being, I wish him well.

A disease that regardless of class or wealth we are at some risk of. Here's hoping we're ever closer to the holy grail. Wish him all the best regardless of how I feel about royalty.